PDA

View Full Version : Optical Store that will install lenses into my frames

Neil4Speed
05-15-2017, 10:45 AM
Hi Guys,

I recently bought a pair of frames online and am looking for a place locally that will install the lenses. Does anyone have any recommendations? I took it to Costco initially but the lady there was pretty uncertain of the service so I decided against it.

Thanks for any help!

tha_bandit
05-15-2017, 10:50 AM
second specs kiosk in market mall was ok

D'z Nutz
05-15-2017, 11:15 AM
Originally posted by Neil4Speed
Hi Guys,

I recently bought a pair of frames online and am looking for a place locally that will install the lenses. Does anyone have any recommendations? I took it to Costco initially but the lady there was pretty uncertain of the service so I decided against it.

Thanks for any help!

I'd ask someone else then. I've bought frames online before and Costco made lenses to fit them for me.

realazy
05-15-2017, 11:42 AM
That's a pretty standard service. Any place that does prescription glasses will do it.

From what I've seen, Costco generally has the best price.

Vdubbin
05-15-2017, 01:54 PM
I got a pair of Ray-Ban off ebay as the store had stopped stocking them and Lenscrafters fitted them in an hour. But costco will be cheaper is they do it.

Hero_X
09-14-2017, 06:04 PM
Costco does install lenses with frames from elsewhere. I did it recently.

Though they do charge $18 for that. But worth it considering you can get high index lenses for really good price through them.

samo147
09-14-2017, 06:27 PM
I've used Costco and Hakim Optical for lense replacements for frames i brought in. no issues with either place. I think Hakim was cheaper at the time but they had a sale on lenses.

BokCh0y
09-14-2017, 10:42 PM
I used fyi doctors to fit rayban frames with lenses. I got the frames from my son and he got them somewhere else.

soupey
02-14-2018, 04:03 PM
I can do it at either of my stores - Saddletowne Optometry or Bridgeland Crossings Optometry with a valid Rx. No extra fees. Can direct bill if you have insurance too.