PDA

View Full Version : How long does it take to drive fom Toronto to Calgary?

R-Audi
04-12-2004, 03:31 PM
After purchasing a car in Ontario, I was entertaining the idea of driving it back instead of shipping, due to a slight difference in price. ($710 +$65 pick up to ship) ($200 flight, Hotel $? Gas$??)
So I would like to know for those who have done it, (Redlyne_MR2 I think ?) how long did it take you, is it THAT terrible a drive, and would you do it again?

If I do end up doing it, I wouldn't mind company if there is anyone in school out there who would be coming back to Calgary around the same time...I haven't talked to my brother or Dad to see if they would be interested yet, just entertaining the idea.

Any Thoughts??

B17a
04-12-2004, 03:32 PM
It took me and a couple buddies 2.5 days a couple years ago. We just went all along Highway 1, which is fine until you hit about Kenora, then it's single lane and slow ass trucks the rest of the way! I hear cutting through the US is quicker.

1badPT
04-12-2004, 03:34 PM
Plan on a 4 day trip. Depending on how early you wake up in the morning you should aim for Toronto to Sault Ste. Marie the first night (Sudbury if you're feeling fatigued). Thunder Bay is usually day two (Marathon if you get fatigued). I usually push for Winnipeg the next day (Kenora) and finally the last leg of the trip is Winnipeg to here (Swift Current if you get tired).

Biggest thing with a road trip like that is pace yourself, take plenty of breaks and if you feel tired, get off the road.

You can save a lot of time if you share the driving duties, but alone I would allow for 4 days. Don't even think about the trip if its during the winter but with the weather the way it is now, you should be fine :thumbsup:

B17a
04-12-2004, 03:36 PM
Sorry, I described driving from Calgary to TO. When we drove back we did TO to just short of Thunder Bay, then Thunder Bay to Regina the next day, and Regina to Calgary the third day. On the way back there was way less traffic for some reason.

C4S
04-12-2004, 03:45 PM
It will take you about 33 hours - 35 hours .....

but .. not worth to do it !
unless you r going to stop by many cities, and you r going to play in Toronto for a week or so anyway ...

I did that few yrs ago with few buddies . it was NOT fun ! :(

and Gas price is so so high now ! for around $900 to ship a car from Toronto .. is actually not bad .. ( probaby cost you $300 in GAS to drive the car back anyway ! )

good luck ! you got that nice white 1.8 A4 , right ? :bigpimp:

SinisterProbeGt
04-12-2004, 03:56 PM
I have done the drive 6 times over the last 3 years by myself.
It aint that bad at all.
it takes about 1 day and a half straight.
if you stop to nap in your car plan on a 2 day trip.
Rember to take the #1 to the peg and go south through the states and come out near st marie ONT.
because if you dont you will have to go around the land of lakes lake and that alone my friend is a 12 hour mistake.
you can drive threw the staes the whole way its faster and the roads are better except around mich they get crappy for a while.

Its a wicked drive by yourself or with a friend. I will be doing this trip myself again this summer.
got to do it at least once in your life time. Many things to see and do along the way but dont get stuck in Wawa ont, thats where the truckers drop off the hitch hickers and no one picks them up .(kinda a mean trucker thing i guess)

Redlyne_mr2
04-12-2004, 03:59 PM
Fuck dont even get me started on that drive Ive done it like 8 times haha and Ill have to do it one more last time when I drive to Calgary from Toronto in the summer. In my corolla GTS it cost me about $200 in gas. It all depends on what kind of car youre driving though and if the car youre driving requires premium be ready to spend anywhere from $300-500 depending on the size of the engine and it's efficiency. In most of Nothern Ontario gas is anywhere from 85-91 cents per litre for regular, it's insane. You also have to factor in any food which is about another $50-100, sometimes even more if you eat tons of snacks and then your hotel. I dont know why quality inn 45 minutes east of Winnipeg charges $80 for a hotel room but they do. Once you get into Northern Ontario all there is are peice of shit motels but theyre only like $40. Also factory in washer fluid, oil, and an oil change before or after the drive because the prairies are infested with bugs in the summer and that many miles on a car in such a short period of time is tough on it. My last drive cost me over $2500 because my fucking engine seized and I had to pay some fucking grease balls in Northern Ontario a fortune to install a simple 4cyl engine. Im wishing I would have shipped the car because total costs with a plane ticket and shipping the car would have been under $1000. What is your time worth to you as well? The drive takes 38hours, going through the states isnt any quicker especially if you have a car youve just purchased and your registration isnt totally legit, Ive tried that too. Ive done the drive in a weekend so about 1.5 days and Ive also spread it over 3.5 days. Bottomline I'm guessing youre buying something like an S4 or another luxury vehicle so gas wont be cheap and keep in mind theyres still snow in Northern Ontario right now, that part of the world is pretty bad. If it were me I would fly down buy the car, ship it and fly home. West jet has special rates on one day trips. However the drive is something that all of us need to experience at least once, it's good to see the different aspects of Canada. It really makes you appreciate Alberta haha good luck man

ehos
04-12-2004, 04:12 PM
Done this drive many times.

But only once through Canada. (Big BIG mistake, trust me, you'll want to peel your eyelids after going 90KM/hr for 4-5 hours in a row!). After TO, head to Windsor, cross over to the US and head West.

Come up to Fargo and Winnipeg. You might even try going all the way West to Montana and Coutts.

MUCH faster on the US highways! Cheaper gas, cheap food/hotels.

You're probably better off getting it shipped. It cost me 750 to ship my Ghia to TO.

250'ish for flight, 160-200 for hotel (2 nights), 300 gas, + misc stuff like food, 36 HOURS of driving, day to recoup afterwards, possible accident, TICKETS!! etc = NOT worth it! Unless you're just going to have fun :) Then it's hella worth it.

Tickets! Either that or drive paranoid for 3 days. Hmm. :)

R-Audi
04-12-2004, 04:21 PM
So it sounds like the best bet is shipping, especially with a newer car. My main worry was the wear and tear on the car, as it will be coming in almost mint condition. I think I will most likely end up shipping it back. I have a quote from Hansens (highly reccomended over Serail) for $710 plus $65 for pick up from the house which is starting to sound like a good deal.
Thanks everyone!

Weapon_R
04-12-2004, 04:35 PM
Do the shipping. The Kms you are going to add, the gas prices, and lodging/food will rape you. Just ship it over and bite the pricetag

TheBiz
04-12-2004, 04:45 PM
live alittle.:whocares:

core_upt
04-12-2004, 06:14 PM
Gordo, ship it. The drive is boring as hell, and you have to be careful driving in Northern Ontario at night because moose like to wonder the roads and you don't want to hit one - we saw a dude hit one in an Astrovan and fucked it up!

Plus you have to worry about wheels falling off and there is nothing to see from Barrie to Calgary. It's not worth it.

Plus including your flight, gas and a hotel or two, you'd only save a little bit.

R-Audi
04-12-2004, 06:14 PM
Originally posted by TheBiz
live alittle.:whocares:

Well, I do!
When you go out and actually buy a car, you might care what the best way to get it from point A to Point B is. Especially if you ever happen to get a car that you care about. There are obviously other people on the board who have made this drive, so i asked for opinions.
Fuckin Noobs! I tell ya!

TheBiz
04-12-2004, 07:32 PM
ok whatever buddy, I've fucking taken the trip, and it was awesome. I don't regret it, It was worth it.

You gay ass argument about how you care about your car and are looking for the best way to ship it doesn't stand.

I've heard dozens of stories on here and in real life(yes guys, not on the forum:thumbsup:) of people shipping cars via train/truck and the delivery people fucking them up.

Most things that could go wrong if you drive it, could go wrong if you ship it. If you drive it and you get a couple rock chips, so what. It's a fucking car. The adventure is worth it.

You said you were asking for opinions, I gave you my fucking opinion, and surely educated opinion at that.

obviously just because I have more of a life and don't post as much as some people, you shoot me down like I'm some sort of moron. I'm sorry if I don't have as much time on my hands as you to try and please people that I don't even know.

:thumbsdow :thumbsdow :thumbsdow

ryder_23
04-12-2004, 07:39 PM
^
well i think a main factor is, that he does have a life..and that its not easy to find a week of your time to make the journey, unlike your extremly exciting life :rolleyes: also, you most likly did the trip with a friend, its hard driving boring long drives on your own. As for damaging during shipment, i believe theres something called, insurance, that you can purchase, so if something was to happen, it can be delt with accordingly. If its cheaper to ship, he might as well ship, unless he has the time, and possibly company to help him along the way, other than that, might as well get it done an easy, possibly less hassle free way. Think of it from someone elses point of view...the world doesnt work around you..

Redlyne_mr2
04-12-2004, 07:42 PM
ok whatever buddy, I've fucking taken the trip, and it was awesome. I don't regret it, It was worth it.

You gay ass argument about how you care about your car and are looking for the best way to ship it doesn't stand.

I've heard dozens of stories on here and in real life(yes guys, not on the forum:thumbsup:) of people shipping cars via train/truck and the delivery people fucking them up.

Most things that could go wrong if you drive it, could go wrong if you ship it. If you drive it and you get a couple rock chips, so what. It's a fucking car. The adventure is worth it.

You said you were asking for opinions, I gave you my fucking opinion, and surely educated opinion at that.

obviously just because I have more of a life and don't post as much as some people, you shoot me down like I'm some sort of moron. I'm sorry if I don't have as much time on my hands as you to try and please people that I don't even know.

There are more bad stories about the drive across Canada than there are about shipping cars. If you ever get a chance go have a look at Hansen's facilities, theyre top notch, every manufacturer uses them to ship their cars and you see dozens and dozens of exotics and classic cars going out to be shipped all of the time. They thoroughly inspect the exterior of the car and also take a detailed list of any items in the car. If there are any damages whatsoever they pay to have repairs done, which Im sure very rarely occurs. There are so many factors involved with the drive and soo much can go wrong with shipping youre avoiding all of those risks. I forgot about the moose in northern Ontario, it's horrible, there are sooo many of them. FD rolled his Jetta a few years ago trying to avoid one and I almost hit a dead moose laying in the middle of the road in my toyota truck. All the semis that travel that road way are outfitted with massive brush guards in case they hit a moose

TheBiz
04-12-2004, 07:56 PM
Originally posted by ryder_23
^
well i think a main factor is, that he does have a life..and that its not easy to find a week of your time to make the journey, unlike your extremly exciting life :rolleyes:

umm no, the main factor was how long it takes and whats it like, he obviously has the time, otherwise he would not have posted. I'm sure my life is not as cool as your life.
:thumbsup:

you most likly did the trip with a friend, its hard driving boring long drives on your own.

you most likly don't know, boring long drives are hard driving on your own, thank you for pointing something out I noticed on my own.

As for damaging during shipment, i believe theres something called, insurance, that you can purchase, so if something was to happen, it can be delt with accordingly.

(I can't help but laugh) I don't see your point. if the bozos' shipping your car do fuck it up like usual, then yes there is insurance, If you were to crash it while drving it, you also have insurance.(duh) now ask yourself, would you rather let the car you 'care' about be shipped by a bunch of monkey's or be gingerly taken care of while YOU drive it all the way home.

If its cheaper to ship, he might as well ship, unless he has the time, and possibly company to help him along the way, other than that, might as well get it done an easy, possibly less hassle free way.

It would be cheaper to drive it, umm, ahh, you know what, yeah, I think thats already been established.

if he doesn't have the time, then yes he should ship it, but thats not what I'm arguing.

I'm just saying(same with plenty of other people) that the journey is half the fun. I know I would rather drive there and back then sit here and post all day.

Taking the easiest less hassle free way through life is not nessesarily the best, and shipping a car is not hassle free.

Think of it from someone elses point of view...the world doesnt work around you.

ok, I'm thinking, and yeah, I'm done, my point of view is my point of view, I'm not trying to force it upon anyone (unlike some religions) I'm just stating it.
;)

R-Audi
04-12-2004, 08:31 PM

Well, if you want to know, Hansens does give every car free insurance with NO deductable, that covers everything from scratches to dents. At least if something happens, It won't be coming out of my pocket. Whatever that would happen, would be fixed.

Live a little is hardly an educated opinion, I was looking for actual opinions, not some three word answer, that was not backed up. If you would of supported your answer, fine, but you didn't. Therefore the STFU noob pic came out!

If I drove a Saturn with plastic (or whatever) body panels, I most likely wouldn't care either. (and since when was the VUE turbo?)

:barf:

max_boost
04-12-2004, 08:36 PM
I don't think it's worth it for that long drive unless you purposely want to do a cross country trek. If it was Vancouver, I tell you to make the drive because the scenery is absolutely gorgeous during the summer months.

sti_power
04-13-2004, 06:52 PM
I just came back from toronto and I took a plane and it takes 4 hours so I donno if that helps but it would take a long ass time and from the plane it looks like its super flat and just farm land

Kona9
04-13-2004, 07:42 PM
(I can't help but laugh) I don't see your point. if the bozos' shipping your car do fuck it up like usual, then yes there is insurance, If you were to crash it while drving it, you also have insurance.(duh) now ask yourself, would you rather let the car you 'care' about be shipped by a bunch of monkey's or be gingerly taken care of while YOU drive it all the way home.;)

Listen up you Tupperware driving ass jockey!!! I ship vehicles by the truckload weekly. Our vehicles arrive 99% of the time un damaged. Yet the slight issue the odd one may have gets taken care of by the shipper. Proper portions of the shipped vehicles are wrapped and taken care of. So am I the BOZO or the MONKEY in your uneducated statement? Please do enlighten me with that answer. :thumbsup:

I must say Hansens is an upstanding, customers first, kind of company, and R-AUDI is in good hands.
Congrats on the new purchase, and good luck with getting your car here whatever your choice may be!!

creeper
04-14-2004, 12:19 AM
40 hours.

Ducati
04-14-2004, 12:19 AM
Consider the drive to be a shakedown run for your new car. Make an adventure of it. Go through the states, Stop in quaint little places and sample the local beer. Make it a beer sampling tour. (not while you drive, of course) Take photos, keep a trip journal.

A good friend and I once brought an old Alfa Romeo GTV (not the one I presently own, but the drive convinced me that I had to have one) to Vancouver from Wisconsin. It took us four full days of driving. We could have done it in three but we stopped and saw attractions along the way, and took detours to some great little garages where some guy builds hand made cars called SSZ's, saw a hick-town stock car race, and natural attractions, etc. And we ate like kings at great little restaraunts along the way. The car broke down once, and we were delayed half a day to install a new wheel bearing and machine a spindle in Minneapolis. That night we did make it to Brainerd, Minn., tho.

The drive was an absolute adventure that I will remember for the rest of my life.

ZorroAMG
04-14-2004, 09:28 AM
Hansen's is great they shipped my Grand Cherokee perfectly to Montreal and they shipped my friends F355 Spyder with ease as well, they'll sure as hell take good care of your A4 :)

ehos
04-14-2004, 10:02 AM
Another decent thread gone to the dogs.

R-Audi, you asked for opinions and the guy gave you his. His suggestion was 'to live a little' meaning, it's not always the destination, but the journey.

Then you jumped all over him, why?

:whocares: :closed:

ehos
04-14-2004, 10:06 AM
Originally posted by Ducati

The drive was an absolute adventure that I will remember for the rest of my life.

Exactly! I drive up and down the US, Canada whenever I can, because who knows when you will be able to again right?

And at least you'll have a story to tell!

R-Audi
04-14-2004, 10:35 AM
Originally posted by ehos
Another decent thread gone to the dogs.

R-Audi, you asked for opinions and the guy gave you his. His suggestion was 'to live a little' meaning, it's not always the destination, but the journey.

Then you jumped all over him, why?

:whocares: :closed:

Like i said before, if he would of backed up the comment with reasoning, that would of been fine. Three word answers dont really count as an opinion, as you can see the rest of the responses gave an opinion with reasoning, which help out a whole lot more then "live a little"
It was the "who gives a Fuck" that was more what I was aiming at with my post. Obviously I do if I am asking, as well as the other people who have made the trip. It is a valid question, and I feel I did deserve a resepctful answer (which i got fom everyone else) which he didn't give.
Go protect noobs somewhere else.

Good Day

ZorroAMG
04-14-2004, 10:41 AM
Three words: Ship.

R-Audi
04-14-2004, 10:42 AM
Originally posted by ZorroAMG
Three words: Ship.

I am, should be leaving TO this Friday!

(I apologize for saying three words arent helpful!)

Ducati
04-14-2004, 01:07 PM
Originally posted by R-Audi

It was the "who gives a Fuck" that was more what I was aiming at with my post. Obviously I do if I am asking, as well as the other people who have made the trip. It is a valid question, and I feel I did deserve a resepctful answer (which i got fom everyone else) which he didn't give.
Go protect noobs somewhere else.

Good Day

Why do we even have that reetarded little smiley?
I just hate it - it is a mindless slag symbol.

I'm not knocking TheBiz, as some of his posts are interesting, however he has the tact of a sledgehammer.

If the guy can back up what he posts, good - let him have the chance to defend himself.
If he posts shit (as we all do now & then) he's just going to have to suck it up.

Jeeezzz...are we intelligent people or glue sniffing mongoloids here.

TheBiz
04-14-2004, 01:14 PM
well we all learned alittle, I learned people hate saturns, I also learned people are more lazy then I thought, o well.:thumbsup:

bart
04-14-2004, 01:25 PM
here is the fastest way, i copied and pasted it from streets and trips 2004, the price of fuel is based on my car's mileage :D and time driving assuming you follow the speed limit...

Time Km Instruction For Toward
Summary: 3416.9 kilometers (4 days, 5 hours, 19 minutes)
DAY 1
Check your departure time; the next stop is in a different time zone.
9:00 AM 0.0 Depart Toronto on Bay St (South) 0.1 km
9:00 AM 0.1 Bear RIGHT (West) onto Queen St W 0.4 km
9:01 AM 0.5 Turn LEFT (South) onto HWY-11A [University Ave] 1.1 km
9:03 AM 1.7 Take Ramp (RIGHT) onto HWY-2 [Gardiner Expy] 8.4 km Gardiner Expwy West / Qew
9:10 AM 10.1 At exit 145, road name changes to Gardiner Expy [Frederick G Gardiner Expy] 6.7 km
9:15 AM 16.8 Road name changes to QEW [Queen Elizabeth Way] 37.8 km
9:42 AM 54.5 Keep RIGHT onto HWY-403 83.0 km HWY-403 / Hamilton / Brantford
10:34 AM 137.5 Merge onto HWY-401 [MacDonald-Cartier Fwy] 50.3 km
11:05 AM 187.8 At exit HWY-402, take Ramp (RIGHT) onto HWY-402 103.2 km
12:09 PM 291.0 Entering Michigan
12:09 PM 291.0 Road name changes to I-69 [I-94] 0.1 km
12:09 PM 291.1 *Toll road* Stay on I-69 [I-94] (North-West) 40 m
12:09 PM 291.1 Stay on I-69 [I-94] (West) 5.6 km
12:13 PM 296.7 Take Ramp (RIGHT) onto I-69 195.1 km
Resurfacing between Lapeer and Imlay City (July 25, 2003 - April 30, 2004)
2:05 PM 491.8 Merge onto I-96 [I-69] 7.8 km
2:10 PM 499.7 Take Ramp (RIGHT) onto I-69 [US-27] 55.7 km I-69 / US-27 / FT Wayne
2:42 PM 555.3 At exit 38, take Ramp (RIGHT) onto I-94 223.3 km
4:26 PM 729.7 Entering Indiana
4:55 PM 778.6 Road name changes to I-80 [I-94] 8.5 km
Check local time; this stop is in a different time zone.
5:00 PM 787.2 End of day
DAY 2
9:00 AM 787.2 Stay on I-80 [I-94] 20.0 km
9:09 AM 803.2 Entering Illinois
9:11 AM 807.2 *Toll road* Keep LEFT onto I-294 [I-80] 66.1 km
9:49 AM 873.2 Turn RIGHT onto Ramp 1.5 km I-90 / N-W Tollway / Rockford
9:50 AM 874.7 *Toll road* Merge onto I-90 [Northwest Tollway] 96.5 km
10:46 AM 971.2 *Toll road* Road name changes to I-39 [I-90] 28.1 km
11:03 AM 999.3 Entering Wisconsin
11:03 AM 999.3 Stay on I-39 [I-90] (North) 127.0 km
12:16 PM 1126.3 At exit 108, road name changes to I-90 [I-94] 101.7 km
1:14 PM 1228.0 Road name changes to I-94 251.1 km
3:31 PM 1464.0 Entering Minnesota
3:40 PM 1479.1 Turn RIGHT onto Ramp 0.5 km I-494 / I-694
3:40 PM 1479.6 Take Ramp (RIGHT) onto I-694 17.8 km I-694
3:50 PM 1497.4 Merge onto I-35E [I-694] 1.1 km
3:51 PM 1498.6 Keep RIGHT onto I-694 17.9 km I-694 / US-10
4:01 PM 1516.5 Merge onto I-94 [I-694] 101.8 km
Road widening near Brooklyn Park (WB) (September 1, 2003 - April 30, 2004)
5:00 PM 1618.2 End of day
DAY 3
9:00 AM 1618.2 Stay on I-94 [US-52] 408.9 km
11:30 AM 1878.4 Entering North Dakota
12:57 PM 2027.1 At exit 260, take Ramp (RIGHT) onto I-94 Bus [Business Loop E] 1.7 km
12:58 PM 2028.8 Turn LEFT (West) onto I-94 Bus [10th St SE] 1.2 km
12:59 PM 2030.0 Turn RIGHT (North) onto US-52 [1st Ave S] 1.5 km
1:01 PM 2031.5 Turn LEFT (West) onto US-52 [5th St NW] 69.3 km
1:52 PM 2100.8 Turn LEFT (West) onto US-52 [SR-200] 147.4 km
3:42 PM 2248.2 Turn RIGHT (North) onto US-52 [HWY-52 E] 52.4 km
4:21 PM 2300.6 Turn LEFT (West) onto US-2 [US-52] 24.9 km
4:40 PM 2325.6 Bear RIGHT (North) onto US-52 [HWY-52 N] 25.9 km
5:00 PM 2351.4 End of day
DAY 4
9:00 AM 2351.4 Stay on US-52 [HWY-52 W] 62.0 km
9:46 AM 2413.4 Turn RIGHT (North) onto US-52 [SR-5] 31.9 km
10:09 AM 2445.3 Turn RIGHT (North) onto US-52 12.0 km
10:18 AM 2457.3 Entering Saskatchewan
10:18 AM 2457.3 Road name changes to Local road(s) 0.2 km
10:19 AM 2457.5 Bear LEFT (West) onto Local road(s) 0.8 km
10:19 AM 2458.3 Keep STRAIGHT onto HWY-39 26.0 km
10:39 AM 2484.3 Road name changes to HWY-18 [HWY-39] 11.2 km
10:47 AM 2495.5 Keep STRAIGHT onto HWY-39 [HWY-47] 153.7 km
12:42 PM 2649.2 Bear RIGHT (West) onto HWY-6 [HWY-39] 3.7 km
12:44 PM 2652.9 Turn LEFT (West) onto HWY-39 68.3 km
1:35 PM 2721.3 Road name changes to HWY-301 0.2 km
1:35 PM 2721.5 Turn LEFT (West) onto Ramp 0.4 km
1:36 PM 2721.9 Take Ramp (LEFT) onto TC-1 273.1 km
5:00 PM 2995.0 End of day
DAY 5
Check your departure time; the next stop is in a different time zone.
9:00 AM 2995.0 Stay on TC-1 401.1 km
9:56 AM 3070.4 Entering Alberta
1:58 PM 3396.1 Keep RIGHT onto Ramp 0.6 km HWY-1A / 17 Avenue S.E. / Chestermere / Calgary
1:59 PM 3396.7 Keep LEFT to stay on Ramp 0.2 km
1:59 PM 3396.9 Keep RIGHT to stay on Ramp 0.5 km HWY-1A / 17 Avenue S.E. / Chestermere / Calgary
2:00 PM 3397.4 Keep STRAIGHT onto HWY-1A [17 Ave SE] 14.3 km
2:13 PM 3411.7 Road name changes to 17 Ave SE [Blackfoot Trail SE] 0.4 km
2:13 PM 3412.1 Road name changes to Blackfoot Trail SE 0.4 km
2:13 PM 3412.5 Turn RIGHT (North) onto 19 St SE 20 m
2:13 PM 3412.5 Road name changes to 17 Ave SE 0.5 km
2:14 PM 3413.1 Bear RIGHT (West) onto 9 Ave SE 2.1 km
2:16 PM 3415.2 Turn RIGHT (North) onto 4 St SE 0.3 km
2:16 PM 3415.5 Turn LEFT (West) onto 6 Ave SE 0.5 km
2:17 PM 3416.0 Turn LEFT (South) onto 1 St SE 0.8 km
Check local time; this stop is in a different time zone.
2:19 PM 3416.8 Turn LEFT (East) onto 13 Ave SE 0.2 km
2:19 PM 3416.9 Arrive MacLeod Trail SE

SUMMARY
Driving distance: 3416.9 kilometers
Trip duration: 4 days, 5 hours, 19 minutes
Driving time: 37 hours, 19 minutes
Cost: $157.65

R-Audi
04-14-2004, 01:31 PM
^Holy Shit, thats quite the post^
Now that is helpful, although i have decided to ship it. My decision was made mainly regarding the condtion of the car, and the fact the highly tuned cars can break down, and people in the middle of sask. have most likely not heard of APR stage 3 or a GT28rs Turbo. If the car was uder warranty, I would of driven no problem.

I am not lazy, just would rather not take the risk with a new to me car. I drove to California a few times in my old A4, and loved it!

The Biz:
I don't hate Saturns, just wondering how you got a turbo V6 Saturn. Never heard of that before. And rock chips are less of a worry with dent free panels.

bart
04-14-2004, 01:32 PM
HUH? now you're shipping it? after i took almost 30 minutes of my time to type that shit out? :dunno:

ahah

R-Audi
04-14-2004, 01:37 PM
You actually typed all of that out?
Thats dedication!Thanks for the help though

bart
04-14-2004, 01:39 PM
nope, if you read my first post, it says C&P! lol btw, did i see you at chinook on monday? or your car anyway?

Fluidic
04-14-2004, 08:11 PM
Originally posted by bart
nope, if you read my first post, it says C&P! lol btw, did i see you at chinook on monday? or your car anyway?

Probably saw the "new" owner dude. :)

car
04-14-2004, 08:38 PM
according to my map

3460 km
39:03hours excluding stops

Ducati
04-14-2004, 11:21 PM
...and between there and here are so many sights and cool places to check out, and quaint rural establishments with the local brew of choice, and people to meet.

Might I ask what type of car you are bringing back, and what its condition is? Is it likely to be something you will enjoy driving for three or four days?

R-Audi
04-15-2004, 08:41 AM
Its a 1998.5 Audi A4 1.8T Stage 3

Its already been signed up for shipping, leaves Toronto on Friday! (then i have to wait 7-10 days...:thumbsdow )

bart
04-15-2004, 10:22 AM
so where is the signup sheet for rides? lol

R-Audi
04-15-2004, 02:15 PM
When it gets here, it should be at the next 403 meet!

Redlyne_mr2
04-15-2004, 02:39 PM
Good decision dude, I'd rather get kicked in the teeth than do that drive again...fuck worst drive ever...don't know why people see that as an adventure. Sitting in your car by yourself for 38 hours isn't much of an adventure:dunno:

ryder_23
04-15-2004, 03:38 PM
^
especially since its the most boring drive in canada...IMO...nothing but flat land...:thumbsdow

bart
04-15-2004, 05:25 PM
Originally posted by Redlyne_mr2
Good decision dude, I'd rather get kicked in the teeth than do that drive again...fuck worst drive ever...don't know why people see that as an adventure. Sitting in your car by yourself for 38 hours isn't much of an adventure:dunno:

man if i was to do it, it would be gumball style. i can probably cut it down to maybe 25 hours if i tried... thats an adventure, but ya, if you drive 'normally' fuck that... ahaha