Beyond.ca - Car Forums



Home Automotive Forums > Beyond.ca - Car Forums Archive > Lounge > Sports, Health & Fitness > Health and Fitness

 
tattoo + work out = ? - Click HERE for Original Thread

GorG
I want to get a tattoo that's going to cover my shoulder, bicep, and tricep, i was just wondering if it would affect my work out, or if i wouldnt be able to work out those parts, just curious i know it kind of sounds retarded but i'm just making sure, also if there is some reason that i would not bea ble to work out, how long would it affect me?, thanks for input
Melinda
Tattoo's feel like a really irritating sunburn, or at least thats what my brother had to say about his two that he got. You should be able to do all of it, just not rest any equipment on your neck or back :dunno:
MIWYFSHOT
it would effect you for all of maybe 7 days..no biggy man
Weapon_R
If you get one and work out, and you get a lot bigger, does that ruin the tattoo?
Kaos
Originally posted by GorG
I want to get a tattoo that's going to cover my shoulder, bicep, and tricep, i was just wondering if it would affect my work out, or if i wouldnt be able to work out those parts, just curious i know it kind of sounds retarded but i'm just making sure, also if there is some reason that i would not bea ble to work out, how long would it affect me?, thanks for input



It will affect your work out due to the healing process.
It is best to not work out or move around alot, especially when you're wanting it to get it done around that area.
So you need at least a week or so (no less) to heal.

Originally posted by Weapon_R
If you get one and work out, and you get a lot bigger, does that ruin the tattoo?



It shouldnt ruin the tattoo, its just a myth (Read about it in articles)

My brother in law got his done and he works out all the time (its not finished) but its one hell of a tattoo.

badseed
You gotta put on mad size for a tattoo to stretch. Also dependz on the area. I put 2 inches on my arm since getting the tattoo and still looks the same.
sputnik
Just make sure you get a tattoo that doesnt show when you are wearing a t-shirt.

Who knows... you might one day get an office job and will be stuck wearing long sleeves all of the time. I work with a couple guys who thought getting tattoos when they were 18 were the coolest things ever, they are now regretting it.
MrX
Originally posted by sputnik
Just make sure you get a tattoo that doesnt show when you are wearing a t-shirt.

Who knows... you might one day get an office job and will be stuck wearing long sleeves all of the time. I work with a couple guys who thought getting tattoos when they were 18 were the coolest things ever, they are now regretting it.



I got my tattoo on the arm that shows just a little too much if i wear a short sleeve. It's annoying especially seeing people around me wear short sleeves on hot days, but overall it's not too big an issue wearing long sleeves around the office.

As for the workout issue, i just stayed away from working out the arm for a couple of weeks until it healed and the scabs came off. Tattoo guy suggested not to pick or peel those scabs, so my line of thought was don't work out that area either cos it'll just stretch the skin underneath and pull at the scabs.

ZorroAMG
Yeah those tards that get tatoos on their neck, hands or whatever when they were younger...ahahaha, talk about shooting yourself in the corporate foot...
JAYMEZ_STi
^^ haha ya , the necks are the worse!
MIWYFSHOT
Originally posted by ZorroAMG
Yeah those tards that get tatoos on their neck, hands or whatever when they were younger...ahahaha, talk about shooting yourself in the corporate foot...



i actually have tattoos on both forarms, tattoos are a dime a dozen now a days, not that big of a deal..well unless u have a pot leaf on your forehead

GorG
Thanks for the tips guys, it really helpped me, now i guess the onlything left to do is finda good week to put off and get my tattoo.
B17a
Originally posted by ZorroAMG
Yeah those tards that get tatoos on their neck, hands or whatever when they were younger...ahahaha, talk about shooting yourself in the corporate foot...



No disrespect to MYWYFSHOT but I'd say 90% of guys getting tats on their necks are not what you'd call "corporate" types. Think blue collar.




Do you want to post a reply? This is a car forums archive, to participate in daily discussions on cars, visit our forums website and register today! Its free.


For the latest automotive news, visit the car blog

Powered by: Search Engine Indexer and vBulletin v2.3.9
Copyright © 2000 - 2002, Jelsoft Enterprises Limited