Beyond.ca - Car Forums



Home Automotive Forums > Beyond.ca - Car Forums Archive > Car Forums > Performance and Handling > Mechanical

 
Cleaning Electrical Connections - Click HERE for Original Thread

AllGoNoShow
What is a good product to use to clean electrical connectors and connections, I've been told WD40 as it drives out moisture and such, even says ont he can, anything else good?
calgarys13
rubbing alcahol
GTS Jeff
Electrical contact cleaner....available from crappy tire. It eats away corrosion and dries fast. WD40 is a lubricant.
AllGoNoShow
Yah but Crappy tire is closed :(

Yah it lubricates but it also pushes water away, seriously, go read your WD40 bottle ;P
GTS Jeff
Originally posted by AllGoNoShow
Yah but Crappy tire is closed :(

Yah it lubricates but it also pushes water away, seriously, go read your WD40 bottle ;P

Yea I know, WD stands for Water Displacer...the problem is that it leaves a film and doesn't dry very quickly. It might be conductive too.

Crappy tire is open until 9. Go now!

AllGoNoShow
LKLKFJLHFJ

9????? *looks for rides*

Ok I'll see if I can find something :D
AllGoNoShow
Damn, no luck :P
Despair*
Isopropanol is good. I've seen it used alot to clean metallic electrical surfaces prior to them being soldered together so it should do the trick all right. I'm not quite sure where you would be able to get any at this time of night though.
AllGoNoShow
Yah beats me, guess I'll just pick some up on the way home from work tomorrow.
danno
what parts are you using it on???
i think it steel brush is the way to go, but i'm not sure what your looking for.
AllGoNoShow
Connectors and COnnections, like the first post says....

Steel brush = to big

need compounds and dissolvents.
90awdwagovan.
you can get 99% isopropynol at most head shops (it's used for making shitty oil) They're open late usually. But I"m sure you know this ;)
AllGoNoShow
Actually cocky fuck I didn't and its too late now, I'm going to Crappy Tire tomorrow to get some.

Thanks anyways tubgirl
90awdwagovan.
so what exactly are you trying to clean off the terminals again?
AllGoNoShow
Dirty, just clean them so I know its not a dirty connection that may be causing some of my electrical problems, just eliminating possibly issues.
Alpine Autowerks
if you want the best, try Stabilant 22A . B&E electronics has it.
AllGoNoShow
Wheres B&E? Anyone else carry it? What makes it so special?
GTS Jeff
Holy shit man!!! I can't believe you are dragging on a post about something as simple as this!?!

Thirsty? Drink water
Stuck bolt? Liquid Wrench
Dirty electrical contacts? Electrical Contact Cleaner

It's less than $10!!! Fuck, I can't believe you gave this guy shit for posting about his car not starting when you are obsessing over a little spray can...

And you know what? If you don't like the ECC, you can return it for a full refund too! Just remember to keep the CT money.
AllGoNoShow
Originally posted by GTS Jeff
Holy shit man!!! I can't believe you are dragging on a post about something as simple as this!?!

Thirsty? Drink water
Stuck bolt? Liquid Wrench
Dirty electrical contacts? Electrical Contact Cleaner

It's less than $10!!! Fuck, I can't believe you gave this guy shit for posting about his car not starting when you are obsessing over a little spray can...

And you know what? If you don't like the ECC, you can return it for a full refund too! Just remember to keep the CT money.


I'm no obessing over a spray can idiot.
When i first posted CT was just about closed, no way of getting there
Today I forgot to go on the way home from work to CT, and HEY look someone suggested something else aparantly better, so why not inquire about it if he says it is better.
I'm not dragging the post out, I don't got anything here to clean electrical contacts and was asking for peoples suggestions.

People like you make me want to drag out this post even longer, so..... Anyone else got any suggestions?

Despair*
^ hahaha... nothing wrong with asking for some suggestions ;)
tapout
Originally posted by GTS Jeff
Holy shit man!!! I can't believe you are dragging on a post about something as simple as this!?!

Thirsty? Drink water
Stuck bolt? Liquid Wrench
Dirty electrical contacts? Electrical Contact Cleaner

It's less than $10!!! Fuck, I can't believe you gave this guy shit for posting about his car not starting when you are obsessing over a little spray can...

And you know what? If you don't like the ECC, you can return it for a full refund too! Just remember to keep the CT money.

:rofl: :rofl:

GTS Jeff
Originally posted by AllGoNoShow

I'm no obessing over a spray can idiot.

Yes, you are.

You've already spent over 2 full days trying to figure out which $10 spray can is better and you're talking about driving all over the city to compare and contrast the various $10 spray cans. All this time and your electrical contacts are still dirty. :nut:

You're like one of those customers at A&W's that can't decide between fries and onion rings...

AllGoNoShow
Originally posted by GTS Jeff
Yes, you are.

You've already spent over 2 full days trying to figure out which $10 spray can is better and you're talking about driving all over the city to compare and contrast the various $10 spray cans. All this time and your electrical contacts are still dirty. :nut:

You're like one of those customers at A&W's that can't decide between fries and onion rings...



Actually I don't like onion rings so its always fries...

No I've spent probbaly 45 minutes on the thread, more arguing with u then asking what people have used. If I had another car then this thread would be over, Alpina would have still suggested and I would have still inquired about it even though I bougth ECC and you would still be arguing about it, wheather I had it or not.

If you don't want to listen or watch my figure out what is the best and inquire about it, then don't fucking post on my thread.

GTS Jeff
Originally posted by AllGoNoShow


Actually I don't like onion rings so its always fries...

No I've spent probbaly 45 minutes on the thread, more arguing with u then asking what people have used. If I had another car then this thread would be over, Alpina would have still suggested and I would have still inquired about it even though I bougth ECC and you would still be arguing about it, wheather I had it or not.

If you don't want to listen or watch my figure out what is the best and inquire about it, then don't fucking post on my thread.

Give me a break. You don't see why I'd be annoyed that after receiving a perfectly good reply from me on the 2nd reply that you keep dragging your ass through the thread?




Do you want to post a reply? This is a car forums archive, to participate in daily discussions on cars, visit our forums website and register today! Its free.


For the latest automotive news, visit the car blog

Powered by: Search Engine Indexer and vBulletin v2.3.9
Copyright © 2000 - 2002, Jelsoft Enterprises Limited