PDA

View Full Version : First Ever Straight Pride Parade/Celebration

Pages : [1] 2

TheBenzo
07-05-2005, 02:55 PM
Be a part of history and help put together the first Straight pride parade in Calgary. Will need capable and competent people to help put this together. PM me if you are genuinely interested.. and spread the word.

brandon
07-05-2005, 03:00 PM
at the same time lets put together an asian pride parade and a white pride parade. Wait lets not stop there lets make a penis pride parade.

:rolleyes:

QuasarCav
07-05-2005, 03:05 PM
People like you make me not proud to be straight.

abyss
07-05-2005, 03:06 PM
Original Post Removed. (Please read the Forum Rules and Terms of Use (http://forums.beyond.ca/articles.php?action=data&item=1) before posting again, or risk getting banned).

Melinda
07-05-2005, 03:09 PM
Original Post Removed. (Please read the Forum Rules and Terms of Use (http://forums.beyond.ca/articles.php?action=data&item=1) before posting again, or risk getting banned).

BlkMaxima
07-05-2005, 03:09 PM
So you must of organized the gay pride parade aswell right! :thumbsdow :dunno:

TheBenzo
07-05-2005, 03:12 PM
You pathetic cockroaches, proof positive of the double standard you blank jackasses purvey in your day to day lives. Grow some brainmatter.

Ludacrous lmao you know so little its funny. Im proud to be straight, the same way you, abyss, are proud to be gay (you said it)

Did none of you think before you posted? Are you going to say its 4 against one? So there are 4 complete blanks argueing that isnt.. does that make you right?

The gays do it, cultures do it, everyone else does... why not?

Hey quasar, It sounds like you have some work to do with a shrink if thats all it takes to make you ashamed to be straight.

TheBenzo
07-05-2005, 03:13 PM
Originally posted by Melinda
What's the straight version of a white supremisist?:banghead: You? :dunno:

leave my thread alone.. Ive recieved interest already.. it would be a fun thing to do. There is no hatred or fear based propaganda being dealt up here, simply an idea. Ive never met a more neurotic group of nuts ever.

QuasarCav
07-05-2005, 03:17 PM
If you need a parade to affirm your straightness than I'm guessing you are the one with problems.

toyboy88
07-05-2005, 03:18 PM
Originally posted by TheBenzo
You pathetic cockroaches, proof positive of the double standard you blank jackasses purvey in your day to day lives. Grow some brainmatter.

Ludacrous lmao you know so little its funny. Im proud to be straight, the same way you, abyss, are proud to be gay (you said it)

Did none of you think before you posted? Are you going to say its 4 against one? So there are 4 complete blanks argueing that isnt.. does that make you right?

Hey quasar, It sounds like you have some work to do with a shrink if thats all it takes to make you ashamed to be straight.
whoa gsus dude lol

i think every1 was just tryin' to say "why do u want to organize a [pride] parade when straight people already have the majority and aren't discriminated against in north america?"...its like the same thing they explain on the news usually...when "groups" ie gays/lesbians organize parades it's to raise awareness of their "kind" bcuz they are the ones being discriminated against and the minority...and its probably a pretty good bet that 90% of north americans who r "straight" would think that making a parade is taking it a bit "too far" since they already have the majority and the advantage here.

whoa that was long and wierd haha

anywayz "toodles" :D

:werd:

abyss
07-05-2005, 03:19 PM

Is that your only comeback? If we don't openly bash homosexuals we are automatically gay? You have the debating skills of a cheerio. At least take a look at a thesaurus so you can offer synonyms to your one and only defense.

rage2
07-05-2005, 03:20 PM
I see no hatred in his posts, dunno why everyone is getting so worked up. I mean, if I do a Racing pride parade, does that mean I'm offending sunday drivers? Or, let's turn it around, there's gay pride parades, do they offend me because I'm straight?

Answer is no. Still, I think it's a stupid idea, but I see nothing wrong with it. With all the anti-gay marriage mentality of many Albertans, this might actually take off heh.

TheBenzo
07-05-2005, 03:22 PM
Stop invading my thread... I have no negative motives behind this.. it would be fun.. and think of how many hot chicks would show up.

Quasar... you are so against it... yet you accuse ME of hiding something? Keep up the good work blanky. Stop roaching my thread. Nevermind you... evferyone else is so "against" anytthing like that... a mindset perhaps held by the liberals? LOL. Enough! I dont bash gays either! stay on topic!

Toyboy.. no need to raise awareness of straightness, not looking to advance anything, I think it would be a blast and another reason to party.

QuasarCav
07-05-2005, 03:24 PM

Quasar... you are so against it... yet you accuse ME of hiding something? Keep up the good work blanky. Stop roaching my thread. Nevermind you... evferyone else is so "against" anytthing like that... a mindset perhaps held by the liberals? LOL. Enough! stay on topic!

I'm just having fun with you man, I'll march if you would like but what am I going to wear?

It would be pretty lame seeing a bunch of white guys walking around chanting "hetero pride". No rainbows, no crossdressers, no leather = A no fun parade.

5hift
07-05-2005, 03:26 PM
I personally do not agree with the lifestyle choices of gays but I think they get ridiculed (sp?) enough that they dont need organized events to futher the gay bashing.

However I like the idea of a organized event to party with hot chicks. :bigpimp:

TheBenzo
07-05-2005, 03:29 PM
See, now were talking. Quasar.. excercise your right to go topless.. I know that will be on the agenda for the ladies ;)

Celica TVS3
07-05-2005, 03:36 PM
Is it racest to have a white pride parade? How about through a Black Community?

How about a personal wealth parade? What if that parade was through East Hastings?

Parades are not inherently hateful but that type of event is likely to draw radicals from both sides of the issue, inflaming an allready dicey situation.

If you have no intention of inflaming the situation why would you want to organize this knowing the probable result?

TheBenzo
07-05-2005, 03:41 PM
No consideration given to probability, merely recreation, entertainment and the desire to pilot something rarely thought of. As extreme as your examples? Im not so sure.. but I do know it would be a good time.

rage2
07-05-2005, 03:47 PM
Originally posted by Celica TVS3
Is it racest to have a white pride parade? How about through a Black Community?

How about a personal wealth parade? What if that parade was through East Hastings?

Parades are not inherently hateful but that type of event is likely to draw radicals from both sides of the issue, inflaming an allready dicey situation.

If you have no intention of inflaming the situation why would you want to organize this knowing the probable result?
Should we stop beyond cruises then? How about the ZR Auto exotics cruises? It's the same idea. The problem is, people are WAY too politically correct these days. People get offended over the most stupid shit. Unfortunately, I can't fix ignorant or oversensitive people, so would I join in a white pride parade in a black community (assuming I was white)? Nope. Don't wanna get killed because others can't accept you.

There's radicals everywhere, all boils down to ignorance... everyone's a hater to a degree. Drive a lamborghini to go shopping at Army and Navy. Guaranteed it'll get keyed even though you did absolutely NOTHING wrong.

K271
07-05-2005, 03:50 PM
HAHAHA, great idea! Sign me up

Celica TVS3
07-05-2005, 03:51 PM
No consideration given to probability, merely recreation, entertainment and the desire to pilot something rarely thought of. As extreme as your examples? Im not so sure.. but I do know it would be a good time.

My examples are extreme but to make a point clearly it is often best to overstate it.

If you want "pilot something rarely thought of" why don't you do something constructive that would not insite hate? :dunno:

I'm sure there are more entertaining recreational activities that you can think of that don't envolve pissing a bunch of people off.

rage2
07-05-2005, 03:57 PM
Originally posted by Celica TVS3
I'm sure there are more entertaining recreational activities that you can think of that don't envolve pissing a bunch of people off.
What gives you, or anyone else for that matter, the right to define what entertains him? I do stuff that others wont find entertaining, so am I not supposed to do those activities to please others? We're in Canada. We're allowed to do anything we want as long as it's acceptable in the eyes of the law. We're not in China, where websites get regulated so you only see what the government, representing the majority of the people, want you to see. That's the beauty of our society.

If you don't like what you're seeing, change the channel. People seem to forget they have a right to ignore shit, and they forget that all of us have a right to voice our opinions in the form of speech, forums, or even a friggin' parade.

TheBenzo
07-05-2005, 04:03 PM
Thank you Rage.

Celica, How would a gigantic meeting of people under the premise of being straight... insite hatred? If anything I could say otherwise. The is no radical agenda attached to this.. I dont think you get the idea. Are there not free-fucks over in europe where random people bone other random people? those rarely go awry.. other than the odd angry mother whos daughter got pregnant.

Celica.. be opportunistic.. if this does ever happen, come down.. you could meet your future wife!:rofl:

rmk
07-05-2005, 04:17 PM
oh god, please tell me your joking.

only in alberta.

:rolleyes: :rolleyes:

don't forget your bible and holy water.

BlkMaxima
07-05-2005, 04:24 PM
I think we should have a gay bashing parade!:rofl:

TheBenzo
07-05-2005, 04:26 PM
1f j00 (4|\| R34|) 7|-|15, k155 |\/|y 455.

rmk
07-05-2005, 04:33 PM

can't seem to understand that.. can the decoder be downloaded off the kkk's website? or would it be easier to goto the catholic church and get it there?

please advise.

TheBenzo
07-05-2005, 04:40 PM
Do some research princess..:rolleyes: then get out of my thread:thumbsup:

dericer
07-05-2005, 04:41 PM
Be a part of history and help put together the first Straight pride parade in Calgary. Will need capable and competent people to help put this together. PM me if you are genuinely interested.. and spread the word.

Quickly everyone, gather around.

Benzo's about to say something stupid

wait for it......wait for it........

There it is.

TheBenzo
07-05-2005, 04:43 PM
Garr Garr Garr:cry:

bonnieclyde240
07-05-2005, 05:29 PM
how did that comment turn him into a kkk member/racist? Where exactly does it say he bashed homosexuals?

I also don't understand what race has to do with homosexuality. You could be black, white, straight, asian, hispanic etc and still be gay. Comparing racism to homosexuality is crossing the line. The difference between a racist parade & gay/straight parade is, the gay/straight parade welcomes everyone who supports being gay/straight no matter what your race is while a racist parade welcomes only one specific race. LOL, if there was a penis parade, it would be called a sausage party.

Sure it is racist to have a specific race parade, but that's not the kind of parade he suggested! Straight people were welcome to march along with the gay parade for support. Hopefully this parade will allow some gays to march with the straights. The homosexuals threw a parade, knowing it would upset certain people, but they didn't care. Some people view gay pride parade as controversial, but people do it anyway. A "straight" parade is just as controversial, so why not let everyone have fun?

Let's just have a parade celebrating living in Canada, now with MORE freedom as people (gay, straight, black, white, asian, hispanic) and not as classified types of people.

Davetronz
07-05-2005, 05:39 PM
Hhahaha best read of the day...

JEEESUS...
Whatever floats your boat dude.
Thinking about it, it is somewhat like attending or hosting a "heterosexual sex show"...... Or anything that takes pride in heterosexualism...

A parade... Well... Ok.... Still confused...

Wildcat
07-05-2005, 05:53 PM
no reason to take pride in something that nature intended. its like having a human pride parade.

but if your a perverse freak then sure, why not?

http://img.villagephotos.com/p/2005-1/925099/009HC.jpg

DannyO
07-05-2005, 06:07 PM
This sounds like a pretty stupid idea, but count me in if your gonna have alot of hot chicks:D .

Infact, WAIT, I'm also having a parade, its the Super Hot Single Chicks Parade, so spread the word, in order for them to be allowed to enter the parade, they need to send me 2 pictures of themselves, one wearing some sexy lingerie, and the other has to be nude, or if they can't send a picture, they can come by my house for a physical inspection.:D :D :D

TheBenzo
07-05-2005, 06:30 PM
Originally posted by Wildcat
no reason to take pride in something that nature intended. its like having a human pride parade.
Hey, why not start a straight movement before its eliminated altogether? :rolleyes: The idea behind it is purely out of fun. Mockery to the homosexuals? I could give a shit if they take it that way although some people need to see for themselves how rediculous they are acting.

rmk
07-05-2005, 07:33 PM
Originally posted by bonnieclyde240
how did that comment turn him into a kkk member/racist? Where exactly does it say he bashed homosexuals?

the kkk and catholic church both preach hate against homosexuals. i was comparing his stance and their stance. nothing to do with race at all.

benzo is a homophob so you might want to ask what his thoughts are re: gays attending... my guess is no.

i like dannyo's idea. count me in! :thumbsup:

A790
07-05-2005, 07:48 PM
I don't see what's wrong with a straight pride parade.

But, I DO see why someone who isn't straight would. It is a double standard though- the homosexual community gets a parade, but when the heterosexual community wants one suddenly it's "hate mongering".

Explain how a parade declaring straight pride insinuates hate in any other way than a gay pride parade would?

Equal rights, equal opportunity... it all comes down to equality. If the gay/lesbian community is allowed to have a parade, why souldn't the non-gay/lesbian community? Participating in a gay-pride parade, or even supporting it, and then denouncing a straight pride parade is completely hipocritial (sp??).

Nissanaddict
07-05-2005, 08:01 PM
Gays have parades, because they are proud (hence the name "gay pride") and probably, cuz they enjoy it. Why can't we try to do the same thing? And to anyone who thinks something this harmless is discrimination, you've been brainwashed by someone. I am a straight white catholic guy between 16 and 25. Everyone celebrates the opposite of all those things so much, that it leads me to believe that I'm inferior, since me celebrating being straight, white, catholic, or young, would be ridiculous, so it never happens. Reverse discrimination is 5 times as bad than the discrimination that caused it. And Benzo, if this goes through, 3 words. Sign, me, up.

Melinda
07-05-2005, 08:02 PM
Originally posted by bonnieclyde240
Where exactly does it say he bashed homosexuals?
Go read the other same-sex marriage threads. He is quite beligerent and rude towards homosexuals.

Toms-SC
07-05-2005, 08:26 PM
Good thread, would read again, A++++++++

(ROFL Look at the ads this thread generates).

Super_Geo
07-05-2005, 08:28 PM
Originally posted by Nissanaddict
Gays have parades, because they are proud (hence the name "gay pride") and probably, cuz they enjoy it. Why can't we try to do the same thing?

I don't think that you, or Benzo, really understand the reason that these parades take place in the first place. It's not for gay people to go out in the open and show the world how flaming they are (even though that's basically what happens). The purpose of these is to raise social awareness for groups that are (or feel like) they are being unfairly treated or represseed, or for issues that need more attention from society.

So is AIDS awareness day a good idea? Sure it is. How about having a "Good Thing We're HIV Negative" parade right after an "AIDs Awareness" parade.. well, that's distasteful and petty.

Had Benzo brought thought of this idea just out of the blue, it might have some form of credibility. But, he brought it up because of all the gay marriage threads that are around, which obvoiusly bug him. That so many of you think it's funny to support the idea of a "Straight Pride Parade" simply to be in spite of the "Gay Pride Parades" is, in a word, petty.

ZMan2k2
07-05-2005, 08:44 PM
Am I straight? - Yes
Am I proud of it? - Yes
Do I need a parade to show that? - No

I am comfortable in my own sexuality enough that I don't need to walk around and shout it at the top of my lungs. I have many friends who are gay, and it doesn't bother me. I don't see the need to have a parade unless you feel the need to re-affirm just who you are?:dunno:

Hakkola
07-05-2005, 09:42 PM
Originally posted by ZMan2k2
Am I straight? - Yes
Am I proud of it? - Yes
Do I need a parade to show that? - No

I am comfortable in my own sexuality enough that I don't need to walk around and shout it at the top of my lungs. I have many friends who are gay, and it doesn't bother me. I don't see the need to have a parade unless you feel the need to re-affirm just who you are?:dunno:

So are you saying gay people are uncomfortable with their sexuality?

Hakkola
07-05-2005, 09:43 PM
Hey, how about I answer this for you...

I don't see the need to have a parade unless you feel the need to re-affirm just who you are?:dunno:

YES! Gay basher!!!!

ZMan2k2
07-05-2005, 09:58 PM
Ummmmm, no. Like I said, I have many friends who are gay. I don't care what their orientation is. What I'm asking is whether Benzo needs to re-affirm who he is.

When I see the homosexual community have a parade, I see it as them showing the world that they are who they are, and aren't gonna change. We as society need to see that they are a larger part of society than some want to admit. Personally, "how you swing" doesn't matter to me as much as "how true to your word you are." I think that the courage that those who participate in these parades shows just how comfortable they are. There are many parts of society who want to harm those who are "different" from them. Who's to say what's normal? I know I'm not! I live by the creedo that "It takes all kinds of people to make up the world." Let's just leave it at that.

86max
07-05-2005, 09:58 PM
Originally posted by rage2
The problem is, people are WAY too politically correct these days. People get offended over the most stupid shit.

There's radicals everywhere, all boils down to ignorance... everyone's a hater to a degree.

Couldn't have said it any better. Admit it, you all think it's wrong, but you've being pressured by modern 'politically correct' society to say it's okay. Noone has the balls anymore to stand up and disagree with what someone else is doing, and look what's happening; it's getting worse.

Then again that's my ignorance speaking...

Hakkola
07-05-2005, 10:11 PM
Ummmmm, no. Like I said, I have many friends who are gay. I don't care what their orientation is. What I'm asking is whether Benzo needs to re-affirm who he is.

I know exactly what you said, "I don't see the need to have a parade unless you feel the need to re-affirm just who you are?"

Then, "I don't care what their orientation is. What I'm asking is whether Benzo needs to re-affirm who he is." (by having a straight pride parade.)

What I'm seeing here is contradiction and double standards, I know you weren't gay bashing, I'm just making a point.

JordanLotoski
07-05-2005, 10:13 PM
as dumb as your post sounds your so right....why not iam str8 and iam fuking proud....all these gays bitch and whine equal rights, shit i wanna have a parade.

can we start and end it at the ripppers?...wait a sec we dont even have to leave...lol

Wildcat
07-05-2005, 10:16 PM
so pretty much as soon as gays start bashing us we get a parade? sweet, cant wait.

Nissanaddict
07-06-2005, 12:11 AM
"When I see the homosexual community have a parade, I see it as them showing the world that they are who they are, and aren't gonna change."

Then how come if you see the heterosexual community throw a parade, it's cuz we're weak? This is what I was talking about when I mentioned reverse discrimination.

Godfuader
07-06-2005, 12:37 AM
Originally posted by Toms-SC
Good thread, would read again, A++++++++

(ROFL Look at the ads this thread generates).

:rofl: :rofl: "Rainbow Pride Stickers!!" "Pride Embroidery""Party time is here"

HTN SWCHS
07-06-2005, 12:52 AM
riding flower floats with banana basket hats isnt the image of straight (in my mind at least)

have a straight man, prejudice - hate all but people like me - fight club

HTN SWCHS
07-06-2005, 12:53 AM
Originally posted by MIWYFSHOT
as dumb as your post sounds your so right....why not iam str8 and iam fuking proud....all these gays bitch and whine equal rights, shit i wanna have a parade.

can we start and end it at the ripppers?...wait a sec we dont even have to leave...lol

boo for equal rights, i should be back home exporting spices (not really i guess im from fiji, wtf do they do??)

sunfiredude
07-06-2005, 01:07 AM

Go read the other same-sex marriage threads. He is quite beligerent and rude towards homosexuals.

good, thats fuckin disgusting.

TheBenzo
07-06-2005, 01:40 AM

Go read the other same-sex marriage threads. He is quite beligerent and rude towards homosexuals. As you are taking on the cause of the homosexual.. I will ask you to make note of the fact that I merely pushed the envelope, not once did I say I hated, wanted to kill or wanted to injure homosexuals. I'm not a homophobe either, so stop resorting to pathetic methods of turning out a shitty arguement.

Melinda, Im going to assume you have a few gay friends, and you feel you are being loyal speaking on their behalf.. but you are out to lunch in terms of accuracy.

Further to that, I have the right to be rude and beligerent.. you make it sounds like I should be censored from speaking my mind when free to do so.. are you trying to repress me as a straight white male? :rofl:

I think some people on here are argueing and debating out of lipservice so they can say they have stood up for percieved anti-gay.. when in fact there is nothing Anti-Gay about this or my other posts.

ZorroAMG
07-06-2005, 01:51 AM
Being a straight male, the only thing that bothers me about a parade on our behalf is how fucking stupid we'd look walking down the road. Fuck that...I have better things to do with my life then walk around with a bunch of turds who missed the day when morals and good judgement were handed out.

I agree that people are way too sensitive nowadays, but I still wouldn't be caught dead with Straight or Gay Pride supporters celebrating who or what they choose to fuck. It's not the worlds business, stop trying to make it.

Dumb thread.

tapout
07-06-2005, 04:55 AM

Go read the other same-sex marriage threads. He is quite beligerent and rude towards homosexuals. wake up lady mj lover

R-Audi
07-06-2005, 06:50 AM
I think this looks like some sad excuse to pick up girls... Why not go post in the "Ask Leo" section, and ask where/how to go to pick up girls...

Nissanaddict
07-06-2005, 09:09 AM
This thread reeks of reverse discrimination. The mindset is "it's normal for gay people to have a parade, in fact it's great, but you straight people who want a parade are just finding an excuse to pick up chicks/be an asshole" For fucks sakes, you guys didn't just get beaten by the stupid stick...you got hospitalized by it. Let's promote fairness and equality for gays. Ok...keyword, EQUALITY, not GIVE THEM PRIVILEDGES OVER US.

abyss
07-06-2005, 09:14 AM
I don't agree with continuing the homosexual parade either. :dunno: Maybe like 20 years ago when there was less awareness about homosexuality as a lifestyle. Nowadays if you haven't heard about it you've either been living under ground or you're a member of the Goaler family. I think the parade is just an excuse to rub homosexuality in the faces of the people who oppose it. A "straight pride" parade would do the exact same thing.

b_t
07-06-2005, 09:29 AM
Originally posted by Super_Geo

The purpose of these is to raise social awareness for groups that are (or feel like) they are being unfairly treated or represseed, or for issues that need more attention from society.

In this country, with its liberal-beyond-any-sense government, straight, white, English-speaking people actually are repressed and unfairly treated, especially if they live west of Ontario. at least I feel that way. Change this to Straight White Western Pride Parade and you'd get some people.

black j
07-06-2005, 09:33 AM
I love this whole thing,:clap:

:rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl:

I wonder if people on beyond cruises offend people who have really shitty cars...
I think everyone with a nice ride who attends these functions are setting back the "cause" for all those people with broke down hoopty's...
If you attend another cruise people will begin to see you for what you really are...

Welcome to Canada do what ever the hell you want, as long as its legal and you don't hurt anyone....

rmk
07-06-2005, 09:38 AM
i don't think anyone here is against any sort of parde per se, but some of us are questioning his intentions and motives behind it. he made his feelings known in the other thread about how intolerant he is and this seems to be an extension of those thoughts and ideas. my 2cents.

free country, so go ahead and parade, but if it turns into bashing and hate, that's not right.

86max
07-06-2005, 09:49 AM
Originally posted by b_t

In this country, with its liberal-beyond-any-sense government, straight, white, English-speaking people actually are repressed and unfairly treated, especially if they live west of Ontario. at least I feel that way. Change this to Straight White Western Pride Parade and you'd get some people.

:werd: You're not the only one that feels that way.

black j
07-06-2005, 09:57 AM
I C, I don't really know anyone here, I just find it entertaining when people get their shorts in a knot....

But some classics from the Hoopty movement:

"I don't hate hoopty's I just think driving one is wrong"

"It's pretty clear that he's just hoopty-phobic"

"hoopty pride, rust holes for everyone"

:hijack:

rage2
07-06-2005, 09:59 AM
Originally posted by rmk
i don't think anyone here is against any sort of parde per se, but some of us are questioning his intentions and motives behind it. he made his feelings known in the other thread about how intolerant he is and this seems to be an extension of those thoughts and ideas. my 2cents.
His intentions was to bring out the fact that there's a double standard, and that people get offended over stupid shit, much like how I bring up awareness of issues using the smoking or religion thread. I seriously doubt he's going to do a straight pride parade for real.

Of course, I could be wrong.

Mr. Burns
07-06-2005, 10:10 AM

Rephrased below.

86max
07-06-2005, 10:16 AM
The funny thing is that a lot of people could care less about gay people, but when they turn on the tv to see a bunch of homosexuals parading down the street flaunting it, it pisses them off. Rather than "raising awareness", they're actually creating more reason for hatred. Same thing with french canadians, if they didn't whine so much and demand special treatment, noone would dislike them as much.

It's a horrible cycle.

dconz
07-06-2005, 12:37 PM
Originally posted by rage2

The problem is, people are WAY too politically correct these days. People get offended over the most stupid shit.

Right on Rage2 good comment...

Everyone it seems spends soooooo much time these days thinking about what's morally right and wrong, how to say things in a politically correct manner, getting offended and suing for racial/sexual discrimination or whatever the band wagon flavour of the month happens to be.

YOU live in a free country, free to say what YOU believe in and what YOU believe is right in the eyes of YOUR god or YOUR own morality. What can't everyone just worry about #1 and stop watching what everyone else is doing?

Originally posted by mrburnsvw
They do it because of ignorant intolerant people like you... if your kind would accept them and treat them as you would any straight person there would be no need for Gay Pride parades.

"Your kind"... nice! nice hypocritical comment.. As an intolerant, ignorant person I am now officially offended. lol :)

ricefarmer
07-06-2005, 12:50 PM
Ahahahahahhaha!
good idea, who knew such a stupid idea could raise such a controversy?
be sure to invite all of these people as well
http://www.reandev.com/taliban/

Mr. Burns
07-06-2005, 12:51 PM
Originally posted by dconz

;... nice! nice hypocritical comment.. As an intolerant, ignorant person I am now officially offended. lol :)

LOL Discriminators complaining about being discriminated against. Classic.

Let me rephrase my first post:

If people were less ignorant/more tolerant there would be no need for Gay Pride week/parade in the first place.

FiveFreshFish
07-06-2005, 12:52 PM
I think some people on here are argueing and debating out of lipservice so they can say they have stood up for percieved anti-gay.. when in fact there is nothing Anti-Gay about this or my other posts.

Perception is reality. :)

dconz
07-06-2005, 01:07 PM

LOL Discriminators complaining about being discriminated against. Classic.

Let me rephrase my first post:

If people were less ignorant/more tolerant there would be no need for Gay Pride week/parade in the first place.

I never said I was a discriminator, just pointing out the flaw in your comment. By calling people ignorant for their views you are the discriminator.. Its really is a endless loop...you are arguing in circular logic... have fun!

Mr. Burns
07-06-2005, 01:22 PM

I never said I was a discriminator, just pointing out the flaw in your comment.

Fair enough

By calling people ignorant for their views you are the discriminator.. Its really is a endless loop...you are arguing in circular logic... have fun!

If ignorant was a derogatory term your statement would be correct. But alas it is not. Complaint rejected.

dconz
07-06-2005, 01:50 PM

If ignorant was a derogatory term your statement would be correct. But alas it is not. Complaint rejected.

Touche...Like anything else peoples verbalization is always subject to interpretation.

Def_3
07-06-2005, 02:04 PM
Hey, why not start a straight movement before its eliminated altogether? The idea behind it is purely out of fun. Mockery to the homosexuals? I could give a shit if they take it that way although some people need to see for themselves how rediculous they are acting.

man give me a break, you make it sound like us straight guys are a minority,

I understand your concerns, and do not mock them, however I think your idea, is nothing but an "idea" I dont think you will attract anyone but you local racists, narrow minded "southern us" track of thinking

Nissanaddict
07-06-2005, 03:27 PM
"I dont think you will attract anyone but you local racists, narrow minded "southern us" track of thinking"

Unless I'm grossly incorrect, that comprises most of Alberta (of course, being said in a negative way) local racists? We're not racists, we're just people who happen to have been raised to believe this is wrong.

dericer
07-06-2005, 04:02 PM

Right on Rage2 good comment...

Everyone it seems spends soooooo much time these days thinking about what's morally right and wrong, how to say things in a politically correct manner, getting offended and suing for racial/sexual discrimination or whatever the band wagon flavour of the month happens to be.

YOU live in a free country, free to say what YOU believe in and what YOU believe is right in the eyes of YOUR god or YOUR own morality. What can't everyone just worry about #1 and stop watching what everyone else is doing?

I think you just made the point of one's right to gay marriage very well.

Def_3
07-06-2005, 04:08 PM
Originally posted by Nissanaddict
"I dont think you will attract anyone but you local racists, narrow minded "southern us" track of thinking"

Unless I'm grossly incorrect, that comprises most of Alberta (of course, being said in a negative way) local racists? We're not racists, we're just people who happen to have been raised to believe this is wrong. not at all implying albertans are racist, :dunno: how you got that, all urban areas have people with strong beliefs regarding these issues, and those are the only ones that would support a straight parade imo

lastprodigy
07-06-2005, 04:38 PM
What's the straight version of a white supremisist?:banghead: a human being

im all for this, and obviously its not a huge problem since the mods have left it open...im sure more albertans than not would participate in this

googe
07-06-2005, 05:33 PM
this is hilarious

i like how...

black pride = cultural celebration
white pride = hate
gay pride = celebration of "love"
straight pride = hate

you guys are morons. :D

method
07-06-2005, 05:37 PM
because blacks and gays are in the minority.

the phrase 'white pride' is assosciated with white supremacists.

if you said "I'm proud of who I am" no one is going to care.

this thread slays me :rofl:

ringmaster
07-06-2005, 05:40 PM
googe ^^^ true that

im down for a march lol
:dunno:

Darkane
07-06-2005, 07:03 PM
Originally posted by abyss
I don't agree with continuing the homosexual parade either. :dunno: Maybe like 20 years ago when there was less awareness about homosexuality as a lifestyle. Nowadays if you haven't heard about it you've either been living under ground or you're a member of the Goaler family. I think the parade is just an excuse to rub homosexuality in the faces of the people who oppose it. A "straight pride" parade would do the exact same thing.

Hmm lets see how I can put this.. If homosexuals opposed Hetros for being Strait we have a big problem. Nowhere does it say Hetrosexuality is wrong. Now on the other side of course there are many sources that say Homosexuality is wrong. If homosexuals start opposing Hetros they have lost their mind completely. Next time you see a homosexual, ask him and his "partner" to have a baby. There is a huge reason Women have a Vagina and a birth Canal and Men have a Purple headed Yogurt Slinger :D . SO if this made any sense if Homos truly oppose Straits for any reason, even Hating Humanity has shit the bed. Procreation is universal between a Man and a Women and even Homsexuals know this. So fuck it I say lets have a "We can procreate" parade to spite them! :thumbsup:

Skyline_Addict
07-06-2005, 09:07 PM
this argument is AMPED!

i think the real question here is, if anyone started a straight parade, would anyone show up? what would they do?
finding out the answers would lead to opportunity to ask the proper questions, not theoretical ones.

takes a straight parade to know one ;)
(yes, i'm giving benzo the go ahead to start one...just wanna see what happens)

ringmaster
07-06-2005, 11:34 PM
hmmnnn i wonder what the straight flag would look like.
the leader of the march would have to carry it (benzoooo) and I think a large black square with no colour on it at all would be ideal. lol

CRX-R
07-06-2005, 11:43 PM
Originally posted by googe
this is hilarious

i like how...

white pride = hate
straight pride = hate

:werd: I'm in for the parade Benzo, when should we do it? Is there a proud to be gay day yet?? :rofl: That would be perfect! We'll just walk down the opposite side of the street going the opposite direction :D Stampede would be the perfect time, we'd get the global audience :D Maybe even start a trend :poosie: I hope being gay goes out of style soon....

403Gemini
07-06-2005, 11:54 PM
*shrugs* whats wrong with a straight pride parade if there is a gay pride parade? id rather see a chick nearly naked than a guy dressed as a chick nearly naked... ;)

TheBenzo
07-07-2005, 12:46 AM
LOL Ill hire a cronie to carry the flag.. Im sure people woudl show for somethign liek that if it was presented as harmless and fun instead of hate mongering blah blah pussy shit. Lets aim for Stampede 2006 then. Lots of planning time.

CRX-R
07-07-2005, 08:36 AM
Originally posted by 403Gemini
*shrugs* whats wrong with a straight pride parade if there is a gay pride parade? id rather see a chick nearly naked than a guy dressed as a chick nearly naked... ;)

:rofl: That priceless

Toms-SC
07-07-2005, 09:27 AM
this is hilarious

i like how...

white pride = hate
straight pride = hate

:rofl: So true

89coupe
07-07-2005, 12:12 PM
LOL...this thread could be used as a storyline for Trailer Park Boys...LOL

Def_3
07-07-2005, 12:16 PM
when it comes down to it, this picture just about sums up what i think about this idea

bambo
07-08-2005, 12:05 AM
i completely agree with rage2 here...people are way too politically correct this day in age...if benzo wants to have a straight pride parade then all the power too him...in fact ill be there:thumbsup: ...all you ppl who dont like the idea...dont come...dont read about it...dont watch etc...its that simple

Nissanaddict
07-08-2005, 12:11 AM
white pride = hate
straight pride = hate

Couldn't have described it better....so let's do this parade and get that over with. Anybody ever watch CTV? Not only strongly opposed, but anyone who's even SLIGHTLY opposed to homosexual marriage is immediately badged as an extremist. They're pretty blatant about it too.

turbo minivan
07-12-2005, 02:31 AM
nice thread.... just have to throw in my opinion...
being gay is the DESEASE, aids is the CURE!!!!!!!!!
seriously though, gays are still people, but as far as im concerned, God put aids here as a "cure" for homo sexuality and
rampid promiscuety!!!!!

dwvw
07-12-2005, 10:51 AM
this is hilarious

i like how...

white pride = hate
straight pride = hate

When was the last time Black people from Africa came over to America, kidnapped caucasian's and forced the men to work for nothing while raping their women?

When was the last time a straight redneck left his hillbilly bar, was accosted by a group of 4 gay men, who beat him with bats and then chained him to the back of their pickup and dragged him through town?

Without African Americans we wouldn't have professional sports, and without gay men we wouldn't have any well dressed males.

You guys need to get over yourselves. And this is coming from a Redneck in the heart of redneck country. Do I think gays need a parade no, but obviously they are insecure if they need to have one. I have a few friends that are gay and they would never march in one of those parades. Parades are meant to celebrate an event, such as the Stampede, not to make you feel better about yourself.

TheBenzo
07-12-2005, 11:06 AM
You DARE call yourself a redneck? Seriously though, being loud about something doesnt necessarily reflect insecurity, when you remove your head from your asshole, you might realize that. Im proud to be straight.. Im proud to enjoy the beauty of a woman rather than a man.. what is so insecure about that?

86max
07-12-2005, 11:16 AM
Originally posted by dwvw

Without African Americans we wouldn't have professional sports, and without gay men we wouldn't have any well dressed males.

Without a brain we make comments like that.

~Leah~
07-12-2005, 11:29 AM
First of all, being gay is not a "style" or a fad. It's a lifestyle choice. Don't we all want to be with people we are attracted to? Of course. If a man is not attracted to women, why should he be forced to be with one? Because society and religion have said they have to? And you bitch about people being too politcally correct and stuff? Please. Shut your cake holes. You don't like it, suck it up. Such is life. Whining isn't gonna get you anywhere and it proves your ignorance.

On a second note.... gay parades are useless, so hey, go for your straight parade if it's all in good fun!