Beyond.ca - Car Forums

Home Automotive Forums > Beyond.ca - Car Forums Archive > Lounge > Society / Law / Current Events / Politics

Calgary Transit - Have you been served YOUR warrant yet? - Click HERE for Original Thread

broken_legs
the other night i got a ticket for jay walking... From a real COP. They ran my name through the computer and it turns out theres a warrant for my arrest!!!

The warrant was for a jay walking ticket I got going accross the C-Train track at 1:30 in the morning in 2003!!! I guess I gorgot to pay on purpose. BUT the c-train cop was a complete dick and dumped out my backpack and all my Advanced calculus and applied physics books got dirty.

The best part is the "Real" jay walking ticket I got from the real police officer, if not paid, would not cause an warrant to be issued but the retarded c-train ticket did.

unbelieveable!

i hate c-train cops:thumbsdow
Weapon_R
Don't jaywalk :dunno:
Mad$ella
I got a C-train ticket, they were total dicks! :thumbsdow :thumbsdow
broken_legs
Originally posted by Weapon_R
Don't jaywalk :dunno:

I'm not condoning Jay Walking

I'm just commenting on how a real policemans ticket, who performs his job with care and respect, not only costs less, but carries less consequences than some reject C-train Cop's ticket, who treated me like a 15 year old punk.

I guess i'm the only one who sees something wrong with that.

01RedDX
C-pigs are just bitter CPS rejects
BokCh0y
so what happened after they found out there was a warrant out for your arrest for an unpaid transit ticket? did they take you for processing? just curious.

i have a friend who is a reject from the cps who has since then continued his career as a transit cop. he said that when they issue transit tickets - people who choose to ignore and not pay the tickets are issued a warrant for their arrest. he also said he's given out tickets to people for lipping him off "profanity tickets" that are $50 a pop.
three.eighteen.
"career" & "transit cop" in the same sentence :rofl:
broken_legs
The cops were laughing at me

Because not only was it ironic, but they probaly think transit cops are funny too

They let me go, i paid it today
d-UNiT
how many times have you jay walked after your first ticket?

its catching up with you
GTS Jeff
If you EVER get stopped by a peace officer (not real cops, like transit cops or campus police) then just RUN.

As peace officers, they're not allowed to engage in chases, especially not off their jurisdiction. They have to call the real cops.
Primer_Drift
^^
LOL
Have you tried this?
BerserkerCatSpl
Originally posted by GTS Jeff
If you EVER get stopped by a peace officer (not real cops, like transit cops or campus police) then just RUN.

As peace officers, they're not allowed to engage in chases, especially not off their jurisdiction. They have to call the real cops.

Are you sure about that? A friend of mine (he will remain nameless) tried that once, and i don't think it worked out too well for him...

Godfuader
Originally posted by BokCh0y
people who choose to ignore and not pay the tickets are issued a warrant for their arrest.

That fucking shit is an arrestable offense. They book you, take a mug shot and everything. ...so i've heard :angel:

broken_legs

Thats right, they only have jursidiciton on C-Train /city property - But I think they can go after oyu and fawk you up if your running as long as your on their jur.

Like if they are chekcing tickets at the door to the station, and you dont have one just run in one of the other doors.

You only need a ticket if you're on the platform. They cant bust you once your inside the terminal.

ronaldo
ctrain tickets are easy to fight in court......very easy to bullshit your way though em:thumbsup:
GTS Jeff
Actually, I'm not so sure any more. The wording says that they cannot pursue a suspect in a motor vehicle, but it doesn't mention anything about being on-foot.

http://www.solgen.gov.ab.ca/special...ok_may_2005.pdf
Tyler883
Originally posted by ronaldo
ctrain tickets are easy to fight in court......very easy to bullshit your way though em:thumbsup:

just pay for the C-train pass you leech!!!

b_t
Actually, I'm not so sure any more. The wording says that they cannot pursue a suspect in a motor vehicle, but it doesn't mention anything about being on-foot.

I would run just for the sheer fun in booking ass away from cops. I haven't done that since I was like 15.

TheBenzo
LOL reminds me of one time when in high school, we were smoking in that building off of the station that had NO signage saying no smoking.. regardless, they set up a sting... like 9 of these clowns to bust my friend and I... They had one guy on "the inside" and the rest hiding around the back... and all rushed in "TRANSIT ENFORCEMENT!!!" all holding their badges with both hands lolololol. :rofl: I think the ticket was only 50 bucks.. but well worth the entertainment.
BokCh0y

my friend says they don't usually chase after the guy cuz honestly......he said he just doesn't care. but i also think it's becuase he's too fat!?!

sputnik
Originally posted by Mad$ella
I got a C-train ticket, they were total dicks! :thumbsdow :thumbsdow

The real dicks are the ones that dont pay the measly 2 bucks to ride the train.

SpoonEK9
lift those legs and run next time...
finboy

yea but have you seen most transit cops? i think i could outrun most of them :rofl: :rofl: :rofl:

googe

i wonder if jumping on a bus would count :D

GTS Jeff
Originally posted by googe

i wonder if jumping on a bus would count :D

Haha well fuck it, I'm gonna cause shit on the LRT next time I see the transit cops...then run like hell...

Toms-SC
Haha well fuck it, I'm gonna cause shit on the LRT next time I see the transit cops...then run like hell...

Seeing how you are feeding hobo's now, you should raise a hobo army to do your bidding.

Nissanaddict
haha...transit sting....I'd pay the $2 more often if they kept this shit clean. In the last year, has anybody noticed how much DIRTIER public transit has gotten?
Gainsbarre
C-Train cops are strange...I saw them at about 8:30 tonight between Brentwood/University and again they just glanced at me and nodded, yet asked to see the fare of pretty much everybody else around me. Transit cops seem to ignore me...that's the fourth time I've seem them (first time in over a year) and it's been a similar case each time. I thought they're supposed to check for everyone's fare, but whatever...not like that's a bad thing.

And :werd: to the dirtier C-Train cars. I recall riding by myself in a car a few months ago at about 1 in the morning and there were about a dozen beer cans/bottles rolling along the floor. It was a bottle picker's paradise!
Seanith
Originally posted by Gainsbarre
I recall riding by myself in a car a few months ago at about 1 in the morning and there were about a dozen beer cans/bottles rolling along the floor. It was a bottle picker's paradise!

I'm sure its like that at 1 in the morning every morning. They probably just clean it up when they trains hit the end of the line. If they don't well fuck lol

Gainsbarre
Originally posted by Seanith

I'm sure its like that at 1 in the morning every morning. They probably just clean it up when they trains hit the end of the line. If they don't well fuck lol

Yeah, I guess that's true. I don't ride that late very often.

Chris88CL
They can pursue you if they feel like it. So can any security guard or whoever else as long as they saw you committing an offense.
GTS Jeff
Originally posted by Chris88CL
They can pursue you if they feel like it. So can any security guard or whoever else as long as they saw you committing an offense.

What about detainment?

Do you want to post a reply? This is a car forums archive, to participate in daily discussions on cars, visit our forums website and register today! Its free.

For the latest automotive news, visit the car blog