Beyond.ca - Car Forums



Home Automotive Forums > Beyond.ca - Car Forums Archive > Lounge > General

 
has any body ever used these guys for long distance??? - Click HERE for Original Thread

dreamchaser
has any body ever used these guys for long distance??? www.xpresscall.com how are they?? how secure is their site??

thanks
thinmyster
i would just use msn.. aparently you can do voice chatting or something like that... an awesome alternative and a way to get free long distance
FiveFreshFish
This is supposed to be pretty good. Haven't tried it yet.
http://www.skype.com/
Z24_3.1
go buy a calling card haha from like hte dollar store
~Leah~
I use 10-10-YAK
It shows up on your regular phone bill and it's only 5 cents a minute all the time, no other fees or bullshit.
shandi
Ya I hate with telus when you even make a 2 minute call at it comes to 20 cents they add a 4.99 connetion fee :confused:
djayz
for north america use wintel talk-25 plan
25 cents a call for as long as you want no other charges
if you make long calls this is an awesome plan...not so good if you make lots of short calls tho
Redlyne_mr2
AIC for all long distance needs.
sputnik
I just use Shaw. Unlimited in North America and incredibly cheap International calling.
dreamchaser
Originally posted by djayz
for north america use wintel talk-25 plan
25 cents a call for as long as you want no other charges
if you make long calls this is an awesome plan...not so good if you make lots of short calls tho



It says on their website that calls made to cell phones are excluded. most of the calls i make are cell phone to cell phone.

dreamchaser
Originally posted by Z24_3.1
go buy a calling card haha from like hte dollar store



thats what i tried ..
normally i buy $5 card and make one long distance call worth 50 - 60 cents. When i try to make second call after 4-5 days using the same card it says you have insufficient funds. thats caz if you use it once you start loosing so much money every day until its finished.

dreamchaser
Originally posted by FiveFreshFish
This is supposed to be pretty good. Haven't tried it yet.
http://www.skype.com/



Same price as telus when you convert the currency to canadian dollars.

dreamchaser
https://shop.goldline.net/daccess/rates.asp

this looks pretty good too.
dreamchaser
Originally posted by djayz
for north america use wintel talk-25 plan
25 cents a call for as long as you want no other charges
if you make long calls this is an awesome plan...not so good if you make lots of short calls tho



DO you use this from a cell phone? from there website it looks like you can use it only from landline.

FiveFreshFish
Originally posted by dreamchaser
https://shop.goldline.net/daccess/rates.asp

this looks pretty good too.



I bought $50 for international calls. Pretty cheap and I can use it from any phone.

Talies R
Originally posted by FiveFreshFish
This is supposed to be pretty good. Haven't tried it yet.
http://www.skype.com/



Yea I just recently downloaded this software, we'll see how it goes.

Kobe
Originally posted by Talies R


Yea I just recently downloaded this software, we'll see how it goes.


If the other person has the program, it runs smooth on a internet voice call....

and its free

yohan4ws
http://www.primus.ca

You buy a "VOIP" modem/router .. Plug your internet into it .. from your router, directly from the modem .. whichever ..

then, you disconnect telus live line coming into the house ... take a phone cord and plug it into a wall jack from the voip router, this will make all the phone jacks in your house live with Voice Over IP telephone service ...

This is what I've done, the advantage??

I now pay $15.95/month for my telephone because I bought my VOIP router and get a $5/month discount.

I get caller ID, voice mail, all features call forward etc.

AND, 5cents/minute long distance anywhere in north america any time. If I wanted to get unlimited LD in north america, its another 10bux /month I think .. its great!

and the telephone service, nobody can tell the difference...
Khyron
Originally posted by dreamchaser


DO you use this from a cell phone? from there website it looks like you can use it only from landline.



Well if you have a landline the wintel is the best. My parents talk for several hours a month and the bill is always under 2 or 3 bucks. Kind of crazy really. Don't know how collect calls are billed if someone was to call the house though.

Khyron

dreamchaser
Originally posted by yohan4ws
http://www.primus.ca

You buy a "VOIP" modem/router .. Plug your internet into it .. from your router, directly from the modem .. whichever ..

then, you disconnect telus live line coming into the house ... take a phone cord and plug it into a wall jack from the voip router, this will make all the phone jacks in your house live with Voice Over IP telephone service ...

This is what I've done, the advantage??

I now pay $15.95/month for my telephone because I bought my VOIP router and get a $5/month discount.

I get caller ID, voice mail, all features call forward etc.

AND, 5cents/minute long distance anywhere in north america any time. If I wanted to get unlimited LD in north america, its another 10bux /month I think .. its great!

and the telephone service, nobody can tell the difference...



No doubt this is the best deal, even better if you have high speed internet from 3web ( i gues cable for 20 or 25 per month)
there are only two things that are preventing me from switching over to this
1. In case of an emergency, when there is no power if you need to use this it will not work, I have home phone only for emergency use.
2. Most of my long distance calls are made from cell phone.

but still i think this is not a bad idea even if you use it as a secondary phone line. I pay more than to telus just for the call ing features such as voice mail , call id etc.

2.2vtec
London Telecomm



Do you want to post a reply? This is a car forums archive, to participate in daily discussions on cars, visit our forums website and register today! Its free.


For the latest automotive news, visit the car blog

Powered by: Search Engine Indexer and vBulletin v2.3.9
Copyright © 2000 - 2002, Jelsoft Enterprises Limited