Quantcast
I dropped my bike today! - Beyond.ca - Car Forums
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: I dropped my bike today!

My Ride
    Eclipse

Default I dropped my bike today!

Was going down 17th ave S.W in the right lane, left side, i was riding with a buddy, minivan on the left lane was backed up in traffic, was at a 45degree and was trying to go into my lane i thought he never saw me, looked back at him for a glance (my mistake) and then looked back saw a new BMW infront of me, slamed on the brakes, and went to the right, (the road is really uneven left to right) And the bike just fall.. I get up and pick the bike up in the middle of traffic, see a small puddle on the ground, noticed it was only my brake fluid tho..Good thing I was going really slow only about 25km/h

Try to start the bike, and no good, so we try to move it, but the tires are both locked up and it won't go, i finally get the bike in first gear some how, as the clutch felt like it was cut.. and drive it away from the road...

We park on the side of the road, I was in complete shock, we started working on the bike.. took of the fairing, as the one bracket for the clutch was bent, and the screw got broken and stuck inside.. we got the bike running up again after a while, and drove it home...

I'm in need of a new right footpeg, and this peice,( I don't know what its called)

The fairing in a litte scratched up but nothing major...

It was driver error in my part, for lack of experince, but you realize how quick life can flash before you...

I'm glad I had the jacket, jacket and gloves on, or i'm sure my condition wouldn't of been fine right now...

What pisses me off is that I bought sliders and they came in this week, but I just never had a chance 2 install them yet becuase I never had the right tools...

Just a reminder 2 everyone to ride safe, beucase you never know what can happen!

I did buy the bike off a beyond member, and I hope he doesn't get mad, as he did baby the bike!
    Last edited by Kobe; 07-16-2006 at 09:25 PM.
    Originally posted by beemerm3
    so if we only seen 5 % of the oceans why not drain them or somethin lol or can u even transfer water from one ocean to another??? think of all the stuff u'd find treasures n eerything.

My Ride
    00 Gmc Jimmy

whatever the case man at least you were 1 smart enough to wear the proper clothing and 2 still alive and driving at a decent speed to control the bike. Sad to see that you damaged the bike but good to see that your still alive..

Damn that sucks dude , at least your fine and not dead , bikes can be fixed
    2011 Mercedes C63 AMG //2009 Mercedes C350 SOLD //2008 BMW 335i SOLD //2006 Mercedes C Sold// 2002 BMW M3 SOLD// 2004 Porsche C4S SOLD// 2006 Audi S4 SOLD// 2005 Audi 1.8T SS SOLD// 2004 Subaru STi SOLD// 1994 LHD Toyota Supra SOLD//1993 LHD Mazda RX-7 SOLD // 2002 Honda S2000 SC SOLD// 2004 Range Rover SOLD//

My Ride
    49cc Honda bicycle/89 Accord SE-i/59 Impala/93shaq

i'm going to start wearing a helmet now. sucks that your bike got fucked abit

My Ride
    Horse

Yamaha has it listed as an "oil pump cover" and is listed at $70 american roughly.
    Originally posted by rage2
    Ya, I built some crazy ass shit with Lego as a kid. I had a thing for AMC Eagle AWD's as a kid for some bizarre reason, so I spent a lot of time going to the library and reading up on how AWD works in that car. I even hitchhiked to the library once cuz my parents were too lazy to drive me haha. Ya, I'm a nerd.

Glad your ok dude

My Ride
    2015 honda crv 2015 subaru sti sport

scary! glad your ok!

squids are supposed to buy gsxr's!!!

poor yamaha

My Ride
    Civic SI / Ducati Monster

Good thing your ok... A couple of friends saw some guy smoke a new Beetle that pulled out infront of him on 17th last week... they guy didnt get up after
    Paramedics came and he was still alive and everything, just really smashed up.
    Rememebr it could have been worse

My Ride
    05 GSXR600

that sucks buddy....could've been worse
    a buddy back home got in a wreck a few years back and now his inside functions are all messed up (ie, he has to shit every few hours) and he broke his pelvis in like 5 places..he's a mess

My Ride
    WRX, Audi A4 Avant

damn that sucks! road rage has no place on a bike... i nearly lost it once when a minivan tried to turn into my lane. He obviously didn't see me, and i had no where to go, so while i was being squished into my own lane, i just knocked on his passenger window with my carbon knuckles. that really freaked him out hehe... but didn't think much about it after and went on my way.

My Ride
    is probably sh*tier than urs

that suckjs dude .. and yellow snow haha that woulda backfired on u if u knocked his window and he swerved INTO you from being startled
    You can technically get a ticket for each window that's illegally tinted. So as above, if you're being an ass to the officer (or if he's just an ass to begin with), he can give you two. (or three tickets if you're dumb enough to tint the windshield of your BMW... but if you own a BMW you can't be stupid right?)
    Originally posted by RoseLover

Any penny you have to work hard to get, you will consider as "cheapness"...if you hate people from overseas...why you stay in North America!

My Ride
    05 Lifted ram-08 Mega Cab Dually-1946 383 Chev

rough dude, get those sliders on:P

My Ride
    Eclipse

Originally posted by Billet
    squids are supposed to buy gsxr's!!!

poor yamaha
    Finally I was waiting for a dumbass post like this, I was heading back to my house with a buddy, sorry I was not at shell tho man...

Originally posted by MrSector9
    Yamaha has it listed as an "oil pump cover" and is listed at $70 american roughly.
    Hey ya thanks, I was at bowcycle today and it part came to $83CAD while on ebay it was $70USD plus $20 shipping...

Should be here next week, I'm going to stick the sliders on before I do take the bike out again...
    Last edited by Kobe; 07-17-2006 at 07:13 PM.
    so if we only seen 5 % of the oceans why not drain them or somethin lol or can u even transfer water from one ocean to another??? think of all the stuff u'd find treasures n eerything.

Holy crap. That would be enough to make me sell my bike. I like living too much to die on a bike.

My Ride
    POS

My empathy man... (not sympathy).

Hope you get some good deals in the parts you need. Take care.
    Did your deal with the cover include a paper gasket? I think locally it's $10-15.

If its shipping from the states, tip is get it shipped USPS. Tell them to fillout form 2976-A and mark as "motorcyle engine cover, dry goods" and "gift" of value max 50US. The first 60 CDN value is duty and GST free.

If you ship UPS, you will get ripped off by them for "brokerage fee", and that means you get tacked on another $35 CDN just so they can declare it over the border. Bunch a' clowns.

If it's a business on eBay, try to get them to put a personal contact name as the shipper and NOT the business name as shipper. Otherwise you can forget the word "gift" in the description!

My Ride
    Eclipse

Originally posted by coppertop
    My empathy man... (not sympathy).

Hope you get some good deals in the parts you need. Take care.
    Did your deal with the cover include a paper gasket? I think locally it's $10-15.

If its shipping from the states, tip is get it shipped USPS. Tell them to fillout form 2976-A and mark as "motorcyle engine cover, dry goods" and "gift" of value max 50US. The first 60 CDN value is duty and GST free.

If you ship UPS, you will get ripped off by them for "brokerage fee", and that means you get tacked on another $35 CDN just so they can declare it over the border. Bunch a' clowns.

If it's a business on eBay, try to get them to put a personal contact name as the shipper and NOT the business name as shipper. Otherwise you can forget the word "gift" in the description!
    Hey thanks alot man, i checked on ebay but it was $70USD plus shipping, and in town it was $83, so I just ordered it locally...

Thanks for the info tho I hate UPS

ah fuck kobe.... what are you doing to my baby?!!?!??!

Default Re: I dropped my bike today!

Originally posted by Kobe

I did buy the bike off a beyond member, and I hope he doesn't get mad, as he did baby the bike!

oh good to know you're okay too...

ride safe man.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast