Beyond.ca

Registration is free! Car Forums - Member Rides Car Forums - Find other members Car Forums - Calendar Car Forums - Frequently Asked Questions Forum Rules and Regulations Car Forums - Search Logout
Beyond.ca - Car Forums : Powered by vBulletin version 2.3.9 Beyond.ca - Car Forums > Lounge > Travel and Vacation > Useful travel links and tips

Author
Thread
D'z Nutz
Super Moderator

What I drive: Southerners out of the North
Posts/Day: 0.98
Trader Rating: (122)
User Rating: 111%

Useful travel links and tips quote:

I figure it may be useful to put together a thread for travellers with some helpful links.

Please feel free to add, but let's keep links to travel agencies, cheap airfares, etc... out of this thread. This is meant to be an information thread, not a deal hunters thread. However links that rate hotels, airlines, accomodations, etc.. are welcomed. Credible sources are always good, especially government ones.

Consular Affairs
- Information and Assistance for Canadians Abroad (Country Travel Reports). If you're heading out the country, it may be useful to know what to expect where you're going (ie: law/customs, weather, crime, travel, currency, etc...)

Canadian Embassies and Consulates
- List of Canadian Embassies and Consulates around the world

Canadian Automobile Association: International Driving Permit
- Information about special drivers licence for tourists if you are planning on doing any driving while travelling internationally

Passport Canada: Applying for a Passport

Do I need a passport to travel to the United States?

World Weather Information Service

Report this post | IP: Logged

Old Post 07-28-2006 07:49 PM
D'z Nutz is offline Click Here to See the Profile for D'z Nutz Click here to Send D'z Nutz a Private Message Visit D'z Nutz's homepage! Find more posts by D'z Nutz Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote

kaput
Second Gear

Posts/Day: 0.24
Trader Rating: (6)
User Rating: 100%

quote:

What agency would have information about obtaining an overseas work visa? Would it be a Canadian organization or one in the country of interest?

Old Post 07-28-2006 08:12 PM
kaput is offline Click Here to See the Profile for kaput Click here to Send kaput a Private Message Find more posts by kaput Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
rinny
Neutral

What I drive:
Posts/Day: 0.07
Trader Rating: (12)
User Rating: 95%

quote:

http://www.travelindependent.info/

For first time and even experienced backpackers, lots of useful info here. Check it all out.

Old Post 08-01-2006 12:59 AM
rinny is offline Click Here to See the Profile for rinny Click here to Send rinny a Private Message Find more posts by rinny Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Gorilla
Neutral

What I drive:
Posts/Day: 0.05
Trader Rating: (1)
User Rating: 99%

quote:

Travel sites

I love going to lonleyplanet.com and for good deals check out travelzoo.com signup for all the best deals.

Old Post 11-08-2006 11:18 PM
Gorilla is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Gorilla Click here to Send Gorilla a Private Message Visit Gorilla's homepage! Find more posts by Gorilla Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
thrasher22
Neutral

What I drive: 02 Civic LX
Posts/Day: 0.03
Trader Rating: (6)

quote:

http://www.virtualtourist.com/ IMO the best site for travel on the net.

Old Post 12-02-2006 07:37 AM
thrasher22 is offline Click Here to See the Profile for thrasher22 Click here to Send thrasher22 a Private Message Find more posts by thrasher22 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
FiveFreshFish
Trust No One

Posts/Day: 0.70
Trader Rating: (25)
User Rating: 169%

quote:

Immunization & Vaccines

http://www.phac-aspc.gc.ca/im/index.html

Old Post 12-03-2006 09:01 PM
FiveFreshFish is offline Click Here to See the Profile for FiveFreshFish Click here to Send FiveFreshFish a Private Message Find more posts by FiveFreshFish Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Hi-Psi
FKA: CMSJay

What I drive: '06 300C SRT8, '04 ZX6R
Posts/Day: 0.06
Trader Rating: (11)

quote:

Originally posted by kaput
What agency would have information about obtaining an overseas work visa? Would it be a Canadian organization or one in the country of interest?

I'm with this guy

Jay

Old Post 01-23-2007 04:15 PM
Hi-Psi is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Hi-Psi Click here to Send Hi-Psi a Private Message Find more posts by Hi-Psi Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
BebeAphrodite
FKA: CuteAsianAngel

What I drive:
Posts/Day: 0.07
Trader Rating: (20)

quote:

www.tripadvisor.com

Old Post 05-04-2007 07:55 AM
BebeAphrodite is offline Click Here to See the Profile for BebeAphrodite Click here to Send BebeAphrodite a Private Message Find more posts by BebeAphrodite Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
l/l/rX
First Gear

What I drive:
Posts/Day: 0.22
Trader Rating: (5)

quote:

How about personal reviews?

personally:

i flew with korea-air (to korea) and their on flight food was 7.5X better than thomas cook (to london) on board food.
Korea-air also had more comfortable seats.

Old Post 05-11-2008 11:35 AM
l/l/rX is offline Click Here to See the Profile for l/l/rX Click here to Send l/l/rX a Private Message Find more posts by l/l/rX Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
pints

What I drive: a tinpot
Posts/Day: 0.00
Trader Rating: (0)

quote:

Originally posted by kaput

www.swap.ca lists some opportunites, I'm not sure if the program is only open to students/under 26's though.

Old Post 05-12-2008 04:04 AM
pints is offline Click Here to See the Profile for pints Click here to Send pints a Private Message Find more posts by pints Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
The Rudster

What I drive:

quote:

www.timetogobackpacking.com

This website has a pretty cool trip planning app.

Old Post 03-27-2010 04:15 AM
The Rudster is offline Click Here to See the Profile for The Rudster Click here to Send The Rudster a Private Message Find more posts by The Rudster Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
toyboy88
Second Gear

What I drive: '11 SWP Impreza
Posts/Day: 0.39
Trader Rating: (62)
User Rating: 97%

quote:

Way to bump a 2 year old thread, hoorah!

Old Post 03-27-2010 10:23 AM
toyboy88 is offline Click Here to See the Profile for toyboy88 Click here to Send toyboy88 a Private Message Visit toyboy88's homepage! Find more posts by toyboy88 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
dangleberries
Banned

What I drive:
Posts/Day: 0.02

quote:

Don't bother with the IDP. I've gotten one 3 years in a row and I've never once been asked to see it anywhere in the world. I just mainly get it to snap goofy ID photos in it.

Old Post 04-09-2012 09:29 AM
dangleberries is offline Click Here to See the Profile for dangleberries Click here to Send dangleberries a Private Message Find more posts by dangleberries Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
pardonwaiverexpert

What I drive:

quote:

Another useful site to check out is:

www.pardonwaiver.com

You will get information on what to do if you have a criminal record and want to travel.

Get the information before you book a trip so you are not disappointed if you cannot travel!

Old Post 01-23-2013 04:24 PM
pardonwaiverexpert is offline Click Here to See the Profile for pardonwaiverexpert Click here to Send pardonwaiverexpert a Private Message Visit pardonwaiverexpert's homepage! Find more posts by pardonwaiverexpert Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
davidI
First Gear

What I drive: Boeing, Airbus

quote:

Originally posted by Gorilla

I love going to lonleyplanet.com

I find http://www.roughguides.com/ far more useful than the LP site, but the ThornTree forums can be quite helpful to search. Wikitravel.org tends to be one of my favourite places to begin researching cities as well.

I'm going to give my own travel blog a bit of a plug here as well: http://baldpacker.com/

If you have any comments or questions please leave them on the blog!

I have traveled ~80 countries now but haven't had a chance to update content for all of them yet, so if you are looking for information on a specific place let me know and I will try to prioritize posting about it (or point you in the right direction for quality info).

I just got my Thailand travel guide up (http://baldpacker.com/thailand-backpacker-guide) as Thailand always seems to be a favourite amongst travelers.

Old Post 05-24-2014 05:27 AM
davidI is offline Click Here to See the Profile for davidI Click here to Send davidI a Private Message Visit davidI's homepage! Find more posts by davidI Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
flipstah
The Gimp

What I drive: exploded.
Posts/Day: 1.97
Trader Rating: (13)
User Rating: 102%

quote:

Originally posted by davidI

I find http://www.roughguides.com/ far more useful than the LP site, but the ThornTree forums can be quite helpful to search. Wikitravel.org tends to be one of my favourite places to begin researching cities as well.

I'm going to give my own travel blog a bit of a plug here as well: http://baldpacker.com/

If you have any comments or questions please leave them on the blog!

I have traveled ~80 countries now but haven't had a chance to update content for all of them yet, so if you are looking for information on a specific place let me know and I will try to prioritize posting about it (or point you in the right direction for quality info).

I just got my Thailand travel guide up (http://baldpacker.com/thailand-backpacker-guide) as Thailand always seems to be a favourite amongst travelers.

Lonely Planet sucks now. I use a combination of FlyerTalk, and blogs around Wordpress using keywords for the places I'm traveling to.

I'll also plug my blog, www.doncommando.com to which I'll be adding tips on finding flights, strategies I found that worked, and many more. Plus, cool pics!

David, how did you do the travel blog map on your site?

Last edited by flipstah on 11-12-2014 at 05:19 PM

Old Post 11-12-2014 05:15 PM
flipstah is offline Click Here to See the Profile for flipstah Click here to Send flipstah a Private Message Visit flipstah's homepage! Find more posts by flipstah Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
e92csl87

What I drive:

quote:

Originally posted by flipstah

Lonely Planet sucks now. I use a combination of FlyerTalk, and blogs around Wordpress using keywords for the places I'm traveling to.

I'll also plug my blog, www.doncommando.com to which I'll be adding tips on finding flights, strategies I found that worked, and many more. Plus, cool pics!

David, how did you do the travel blog map on your site?

Great Blog. keep it up!

Old Post 12-02-2014 07:24 PM
e92csl87 is offline Click Here to See the Profile for e92csl87 Click here to Send e92csl87 a Private Message Find more posts by e92csl87 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Manhattan
Neutral

What I drive:
Posts/Day: 0.04
User Rating: 97%

quote:

For any travel to Europe:

https://www.ricksteves.com/

Old Post 12-03-2014 04:27 PM
Manhattan is online now Click Here to See the Profile for Manhattan Click here to Send Manhattan a Private Message Find more posts by Manhattan Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Grecy

What I drive: 2007 Jeep Wrangler Unlimited Rubicon

quote:

For everything you need to know to enter any country in the world with a vehicle or motorbike:

http://wikioverland.org

-Dan

--
WikiOverland.org - Everything you need to know to Travel Overland across a country, continent or the world.

Old Post 11-22-2015 06:26 AM
Grecy is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Grecy Click here to Send Grecy a Private Message Visit Grecy's homepage! Find more posts by Grecy Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Dumbass17
First Gear

What I drive:
Trader Rating: (1)
User Rating: 91%

quote:

Travbuddy is good. Lots of average Joe's asking average questions about everything. Can even meet up with randoms for a drink etc

Old Post 11-30-2015 02:00 AM
Dumbass17 is online now Click Here to See the Profile for Dumbass17 Click here to Send Dumbass17 a Private Message Find more posts by Dumbass17 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
The time now is 06:51 PM (GMT) Post New Thread   
  Last Thread   Next Thread
Beyond.ca - Car Forums : Powered by vBulletin version 2.3.9 Beyond.ca - Car Forums > Lounge > Travel and Vacation > Useful travel links and tips

Show Printable Version | Email this Page | Subscribe to this Thread

Forum Rules: