Beyond.ca

Registration is free! Car Forums - Member Rides Car Forums - Find other members Car Forums - Calendar Car Forums - Frequently Asked Questions Forum Rules and Regulations Car Forums - Search Logout
Beyond.ca - Car Forums : Powered by vBulletin version 2.3.9 Beyond.ca - Car Forums > Other Stuff > Suggestion/Comment Box/Forum Related Stuff > New Forum Feature - Youtube and Google Video Linking

Author
Thread
rage2

What I drive: Ricer SUV, Lexus Coupe in Mid Life Crisis Orange
Posts/Day: 1.10
Trader Rating: (25)
User Rating: 99%

New Forum Feature - Youtube and Google Video Linking quote:

So I added youtube and google video linking to the site today. This will make it a lot more convienent for posting youtube videos so it doesn't redirect all over the place, keep everything on 1 page. Here's how you use it.

First off, find your video ID on youtube. It's simple, for the smart folks they can find it from the URL fairly easily. That's the hard method. The easy method is when you're looking at the video, on the right of the video you'll see a link to the URL as shown in this picture:

In the URL, you will notice that at the end, it shows v=UD9BUo5bEsI, which means UD9BUo5bEsI would be your video ID. When making your post, use the youtube tag to punch in your video ID like so:

code:
[youtube]UD9BUo5bEsI[/youtube]

And basically, it'll show up like this:

Pretty simple I think!

And for Google Video... you'll have to learn how to get the ID from the URL, by looking for the docid=???????????? tag in the URL, which contains the video ID. Note that there may or may not be a - in front of the docid= tag in the URL, and that - IS part of the videoID.

For video ID -2687765905753270362 here's the sample code:
code:
[gvideo]-2687765905753270362[/gvideo]

And it'll show up like this:

Originally posted by SEANBANERJEE
I have gone above and beyond what I should rightfully have to do to protect my good name

Report this post | IP: Logged

Old Post 09-22-2006 09:15 PM
rage2 is offline Click Here to See the Profile for rage2 Click here to Send rage2 a Private Message Visit rage2's homepage! Find more posts by rage2 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote

nismodrifter

What I drive: Cars
Posts/Day: 0.89
Trader Rating: (11)
User Rating: 114%

quote:

nice mod yo

and look...a certain someone finally got his god damn car into Canada.

Old Post 09-22-2006 09:17 PM
nismodrifter is offline Click Here to See the Profile for nismodrifter Click here to Send nismodrifter a Private Message Find more posts by nismodrifter Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
ringmaster
First Gear

What I drive: honda with fart can
Posts/Day: 0.08
Trader Rating: (16)
User Rating: 98%

quote:

wow thats sweet

Old Post 09-22-2006 09:27 PM
ringmaster is offline Click Here to See the Profile for ringmaster Click here to Send ringmaster a Private Message Visit ringmaster's homepage! Find more posts by ringmaster Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
toyboy88
Second Gear

What I drive: '11 SWP Impreza
Posts/Day: 0.39
Trader Rating: (62)
User Rating: 97%

quote:

excellent that's a great addition!

Old Post 09-22-2006 09:31 PM
toyboy88 is offline Click Here to See the Profile for toyboy88 Click here to Send toyboy88 a Private Message Visit toyboy88's homepage! Find more posts by toyboy88 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Boost Infested
Second Gear

What I drive: VE & S13
Posts/Day: 0.34
Trader Rating: (66)

quote:

NICE nice...

Old Post 09-22-2006 09:39 PM
Boost Infested is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Boost Infested Click here to Send Boost Infested a Private Message Find more posts by Boost Infested Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
rage2

quote:

kenny has added the youtube and gvideo buttons in quote and post replies to make life even easier for the lazy .

Please let me know if you run into any problems!

I have gone above and beyond what I should rightfully have to do to protect my good name

Old Post 09-22-2006 10:21 PM
rage2 is offline Click Here to See the Profile for rage2 Click here to Send rage2 a Private Message Visit rage2's homepage! Find more posts by rage2 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Xaroxantu Zero
Beyond Member of the Year 2009

What I drive:
Posts/Day: 0.16
Trader Rating: (60)
User Rating: 100%

quote:

Can it be in sigs?

Sushi Bazooka Review | Sushi Magic Review | Magic Bullet Review | Slap Chop Review

Old Post 09-23-2006 01:23 AM
Xaroxantu Zero is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Xaroxantu Zero Click here to Send Xaroxantu Zero a Private Message Visit Xaroxantu Zero's homepage! Find more posts by Xaroxantu Zero Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
EK 2.0
Beyond's Biggest E-Mack

What I drive: ...BNT0B0X...
Posts/Day: 1.75
Trader Rating: (31)

quote:

wow great upgrade...

Old Post 09-23-2006 01:32 AM
EK 2.0 is offline Click Here to See the Profile for EK 2.0 Click here to Send EK 2.0 a Private Message Find more posts by EK 2.0 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
BigShow
First Gear

What I drive: Corvette
Posts/Day: 0.11
Trader Rating: (5)

quote:

Awesome addition, and easy instructions too!

Old Post 09-23-2006 01:39 AM
BigShow is offline Click Here to See the Profile for BigShow Click here to Send BigShow a Private Message Find more posts by BigShow Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
theken
Third Gear

What I drive: is not as cool as my benz was
Posts/Day: 0.50
Trader Rating: (8)
User Rating: 94%

quote:

definatly a sweet upgrade

Old Post 09-23-2006 01:40 AM
theken is offline Click Here to See the Profile for theken Click here to Send theken a Private Message Find more posts by theken Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
rage2

quote:

bump! Lots of ppl are starting to get it, some people still post the full URL within the [youtube] quotes...

Lemme know if u have any questions!

Old Post 10-26-2006 05:49 PM
soupey
Third Gear

What I drive: 2011 Audi TTs
Posts/Day: 0.55
Trader Rating: (100)
User Rating: 101%

quote:

cant u guys make it so that if theres a youtube link posted at all, it'll automaticaly turn into a proper tag? kindve like you if i were to type an email address, the tags would come up around it automatically?

also...

it'd b nice to see a lil icon near the thread title (like how threads with attached images have an icon) to show that theres a video in the thread too, not sure how tough any of that would be, but it'd b a decent feature to see

Old Post 10-26-2006 05:51 PM
soupey is offline Click Here to See the Profile for soupey Click here to Send soupey a Private Message Find more posts by soupey Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Sprinter
Neutral

What I drive: 2000 Toyota Sienna XLE
Posts/Day: 0.06
Trader Rating: (3)

quote:

I finally know how to do that, great post

Nothing that has meaning is easy. "Easy" doesn't enter into grown-up life... everday we live, hard its a strife... good thing right now I don't have a wife

As Kanye say, nothings ever promised tommorow today

Old Post 10-26-2006 05:57 PM
Sprinter is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Sprinter Click here to Send Sprinter a Private Message Find more posts by Sprinter Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
benyl
Hayan Namja

What I drive: One from Affalterbach and Dearborn
Posts/Day: 1.65
Trader Rating: (22)
User Rating: 250%

quote:

the image icon only appears when an image is attached to the thread. If someone links it, it does not show up.

Old Post 10-26-2006 06:05 PM
benyl is offline Click Here to See the Profile for benyl Click here to Send benyl a Private Message Find more posts by benyl Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
A3GTiVR6SC
First Gear

What I drive: LHD CYM R1 FD3S
Posts/Day: 0.10
Trader Rating: (10)

quote:

Want to jack videos off youtube?
but "right click, save as" doesn't work?

www.keepvid.com

just post url, choose site, then click download.

Old Post 11-24-2006 02:42 AM
A3GTiVR6SC is offline Click Here to See the Profile for A3GTiVR6SC Click here to Send A3GTiVR6SC a Private Message Find more posts by A3GTiVR6SC Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
scenic121

What I drive: Toyota Altis
Posts/Day: 0.00
Trader Rating: (0)

PRIVATE MESSAGES quote:

Originally posted by rage2
kenny has added the youtube and gvideo buttons in quote and post replies to make life even easier for the lazy .

Please let me know if you run into any problems!

RAGE2 - I have sent two messages to you and yet you have not replied. Yes, please.......

Intel Pentium Core2Duo E6750 2.33.00GHz | BIOSTAR TP35D2-A7 P35 | XPertVision GeForce 8600GTS 256MB DDR| Seagate Cheetah 37GB SCSI 10000RPM | Hitachi 320GB SATA | Seagate Tape Drive STT20000A | PATRIOT 4GB 800DDR2 | LG DVD16XReWriter | Motorola SURFboard CableModem | PanaScope SP900 | Intel PRO/1000 CT Network | CoolerMaster | Enermax | WinXP PRO SP2

Old Post 05-17-2007 12:01 AM
scenic121 is offline Click Here to See the Profile for scenic121 Click here to Send scenic121 a Private Message Find more posts by scenic121 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
rage2

quote:

It's because we don't change ppl's usernames, therefore I ignored you, along with the 12 or so name change requests I get a week.

Old Post 05-17-2007 12:29 AM
JRSC00LUDE
Third Gear

What I drive: S/C '00 Prelude '15 Tacoma '06 Vstar 1100
Posts/Day: 0.25
Trader Rating: (9)
User Rating: 112%

quote:

^

You've been ignoring me too.......

(but not about that!)

Originally posted by SJW
Once again another useless post by JRSCOOLDUDE.

Originally posted by snowcat
Don't let the e-thugs and faggots get to you when they quote your posts and write stupid shit.

Old Post 05-17-2007 10:49 PM
JRSC00LUDE is offline Click Here to See the Profile for JRSC00LUDE Click here to Send JRSC00LUDE a Private Message Find more posts by JRSC00LUDE Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
rage2

quote:

That's cuz I haven't figured out if I have time to do tuning this summer yet. Don't worry, I'm ignoring about 60 people right now in regards to tuning, so you're not alone! lol

Old Post 05-17-2007 11:36 PM
Redlyne_mr2
Chatroom Manwhore

What I drive: 400whp MR2 - An Italian and a couple of Germans
Posts/Day: 2.06
Trader Rating: (26)

quote:

ok I have a myspace vid. I have the embed code.. how do I post it properly?

Looking for a new VW? How about a used vehicle? We are Central Albertas #1 source for pre-owned vehicles
I will beat any deal on a new VW for beyonders

Gary Moe Volkswagen/Gary Moe Used Car Superstore!

Red Deer, AB

Old Post 08-26-2008 08:57 AM
Redlyne_mr2 is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Redlyne_mr2 Click here to Send Redlyne_mr2 a Private Message Find more posts by Redlyne_mr2 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
The time now is 10:07 AM (GMT) Post New Thread   

Last Thread   Next Thread
Beyond.ca - Car Forums : Powered by vBulletin version 2.3.9 Beyond.ca - Car Forums > Other Stuff > Suggestion/Comment Box/Forum Related Stuff > New Forum Feature - Youtube and Google Video Linking

Show Printable Version | Email this Page | Subscribe to this Thread

Forum Rules: