Quantcast
2007 Honda FIT - Beyond.ca - Car Forums

Thread: 2007 Honda FIT

My Ride
    Toyota Sequoia

Default 2007 Honda FIT

The Vision:

When I decided that I wanted to get the Honda Fit, I did some research into what trim I would get. I knew that I wanted to get a manual transmission vehicle, with basic commodities such as A/C, power locks/windows, remote keyless entry, etc.

Having previously driven a sporty car, with a very stiff and low ride (and phenomenal handling) and a full lip kit, this time I wanted to avoid the hassle which went along with such variables. The body kit, which comes standard on the Sport trim was a "no", as well as almost anything that would be considered vanity or luxury (atleast in today's terms) accessories.

The Cognition:

The LX model comes with just about everything the Sport model has, minus the factory body kit, alloy wheels, leather steering wheel, cruise control and mp3 player. I would have to say that the only things that the Sport model has over the LX model which might bother me, even if just a little, was the leather steering wheel and the mp3 player.

The DX model was the LX model, minus all the basic commodities mentioned in the first paragraph. For how little more it cost to upgrade from the DX to the LX, there was no debate in picking the LX. The Sport model on the other hand, is significantly more than the LX - about $3000 dollars more (give or take a couple hundred dollars after taxes and extra accessories). The only thing at this point that would've attracted me to the Sport was the paddle shift automatic 5-speed transmission, exclusive to this trim. However, I proceeded to satiate my desire to have this car in manual transmission, and save a few grand in the process.

The Goal:

I purchased the LX model, and was very pleased with the car from the beginning. Still being a car enthusiast, there were a few changes I wanted to make to the car to improve performance/styling and promote its (and essentially my own) individuality. Starting with the LX model happened to be a great platform to build on, as I've found that most Honda Fit owners opted for the Sport model in AT, thus confining them to be clones of eachother in many ways (same body kit, wheels, transmission, interior, etc).

Inspired by a video I saw of the Spoon Fit being test driven and highly praised by Tsuchiya-san no less, I wanted to emulate the Spoon Fit atleast on a very basic level. Coincedentally, the Spoon Fit is the non-sport model, meaning it has no body kit and definetely will not have the paddle shift automatic transmission. This of course, is a good thing, as I would have to pay absolutely nothing more for these things (or lack thereof) . Subsequently, I was a step or two closer to being a clone of the SF that most other Fits on the road.

The goal, some of you may be thinking, is to turn my Fit into the Spoon Fit. While this would be absolutely awesome, that was not my main goal to fulfill. You could say that my goal was more of a mission.

I wanted to make my Fit perform, handle and look better than a stock Sport model and also be alot more individual. I wanted all this, while spending LESS than what it would cost to upgrade from an LX to a Sport. I spent no more than 2/3 of this "upgrade price" and feel I have accomplished this goal and am very pleased with this result.

The Aftermath:

I'll let the pictures do the talking now .

Here's the Spoon Fit:

Last edited by Skyline_Addict; 04-16-2007 at 10:14 PM.

My Ride
    Toyota Sequoia

Last edited by Skyline_Addict; 04-16-2007 at 10:15 PM.

My Ride
    Toyota Sequoia

Just got this baby put on today! Incredible quality!

A very stock looking exhaust with a deep and controlled sound. Very quiet when not throttling. A genuine Spoon part, so the quality and performance is a given. Naturally, it is also the exact same one off the Spoon Fit .
    I may post sound clips later.

Finally, modifying the Fit is done . Hope you enjoy.
    Last edited by Skyline_Addict; 04-16-2007 at 10:21 PM.

My Ride
    Toyota Sequoia

Here's a sound/video clip of tapping the throttle:

https://webdisk.ucalgary.ca/~tswah/p...l/CIMG1814.AVI

What's been done:

Wheels: 15x6.5 Rota Slipstreams - $450 per wheel for the Spoon SW388 didn't quite fit into my budget

Tires: 205/50/15 Falken - nice all season tires at an even nicer price.

Suspension: Eibach Pro Kit - vastly improved handling, much stiffer feeling, gentle ride height (about 4/5" gap in front, 1/2" gap in rear, might sag a bit more). great value for money for those who want improved handling and a more aggressive look without scrapping your front end over inclines or bumps. springs are progressive too!

Exhaust: Spoon N1 exhaust - stock looking, and stock sounding with the silencer on. combined with it's aggressive but controlled tone, it's unlikely that you'll be pulled over for having this on. and it's a Spoon product, enough said.
    Last edited by Skyline_Addict; 04-25-2007 at 05:56 PM.

My Ride
    Toyota Sequoia

Just thought I'd take some more pictures before the end of the season.

Last edited by Skyline_Addict; 10-08-2007 at 05:55 PM.