Quantcast
REWARD POST - Stolen GT-R Recovered by Beyond Members - Beyond.ca - Car Forums
Page 1 of 4 1 2 ... LastLast

Thread: REWARD POST - Stolen GT-R Recovered by Beyond Members

My Ride
    Inventory Changes Daily

Exclamation REWARD POST - Stolen GT-R Recovered by Beyond Members

I want to start by expressing my sincere thanks to ALL forum members on the Beyond.ca website. I am a firm believer that if it was not for the diligence of the members on the forum the car may not have been recovered – definitely not in the record TWO days, and in one piece. Also, despite the comments on the CTV news regarding involvement in police investigations, I feel that all actions were carried out in a safe manner. The vehicle thief was risking all people on the road in Calgary with his careless and extremely dangerous racing of the car on city streets, and it was the quick actions of members in bringing closure to the case possibly prevented a tragic outcome.

In my mind there are THREE main individuals which contributed to the apprehension of the suspect. Firstly, Jaymez – your initial posting of the suspect without question was the catalyst which drew in the interest and got everyone permanently glued to the case. In addition, after forwarding the picture taken to the police they commented on how it was an absolutely perfect shot. It had the suspect in the stolen car, driving on a stolen dealer plate, and clearly showing the “claw” and his face. The description given on my initial statement matched perfectly and with a distinguishing feature like the claw, it is solid evidence for the police. Additionally, the fact you were able to give a written statement clearly tying the suspect to the vehicle will be invaluable to his ultimate prosecution.

Secondly, Numi – your spotting of the vehicle parked in front of the suspect’s house was as good as it gets. Up until this point there had been multiple sightings within the vicinity but no concrete location. Upon meeting with you, we went directly to the house where the vehicle was found parked the following morning. I personally called in to 911 the evening we met, and because of your spotting had police sweeping the area with 15 minutes of the report. This also lead to an early morning Beyond members meeting not far from the suspect’s house and the final block in and apprehension Friday morning.

Finally, Dim_Sum\DJ_Stylz – the final showdown…..the early morning block in, waiting for the arrest, and video taping the whole deal. I respect the fact you took it into your own hands to ensure the suspect didn’t leave the house, even possibly risking damage to your own vehicle. After reading a post early Friday morning stating you had blocked in the car I made my way over ASAP, called the police and the ultimate arrest was made and car recovered.

Once again I believe that it was an absolute group effort from the entire forum which drew the attention to the case and each post built on the efforts of the previous poster. My initial post and request for assistance mentioned a cash reward, and I am going to stay true to my word. I am torn on how to divide the reward because I feel that each of the main three mentioned above all played a huge role – as did all of the forum posters and those following the case. However, the only fair decision that I can find is to divide the main reward three equal ways between Jaymez, Numi, and Dim_Sum\DJ_Stylz. That being said, the total of $1,500 cash reward will be split $500 to each Jaymez and Numi and $250 each to Dim_Sum & DJ_Stylz.

Also, I need to thank Rage2 for hosting this website and being the reason that the forum exists. Furthermore, the sticky to the top spot in the forum and a link from the main beyond.ca webpage drew even more attention. Additionally, I would like to plan a Beyond.ca members meet where as many members as possible can attend. Rage2 had mentioned doing something with a group get together and I would definitely want to be a part of that.

I only got into the whole Japan RHD importing scene late last year – my first post on the forum was a shot in the dark hoping that members driving similar vehicles would spot a similar vehicle on the road faster than anyone else. As it turned out I made a great decision by making that first post, because the members on this forum are a community of supporting individuals that I could have never imagined would go to the lengths they did in helping me find my car. Again, a huge thanks.

In light of recent events, including the ex-fiancé’s involvement in the attempted recovery of the belongings left behind in the car, I want to make it clear that all items found in the car following the arrest I was given permission by the arresting officer to keep free and clear for myself. Dim_Sum\DJ_Stylz clearly heard me ask the officer and him give me the response, and permission.

I also want it clear that there IS damage on the vehicle that I will be covering out of pocket - such as the vehicle needing new tires, the vehicle needing front end work done as it pulls heavily to the one side now, the front bumper needing to be repainted, the interior and exterior needing to be cleaned, cigarette burns on the seats, damage to the passenger side vent, damage to the cars computer mounted to the dash, and other damage not yet found. All of this will be out of pocket. Yes, the car was on eBay, – however the reserve price set was my “break-even” price considering the above mentioned repairs and the reward payout.

So in conclusion, thank you again to everyone – I cannot say it enough. If there is ever anyone with a stolen vehicle in the future posting on this website, I only hope I can do my part like everyone has here.

Jaymez, Numi, Dim_Sum & DJ_Stylz – PM me for details regarding the pickup of your reward.

Last edited by Envision; 03-30-2008 at 08:44 PM.

Nice job everybody
    Was the #1 Forum Warrior

Last edited by 01RedDX; 10-18-2020 at 04:50 PM.

My Ride
    GTI

Fantastic, I would say that is a pretty good reward, and the way you split it up is fair.

Thaco is offline sucks off little boys (ya, don't fuck with rage2 bitch!!!)
    My Ride
    Rage2

yeah, i followed this the whole way through, had my eyes peeled, good job guys.
    User title molested by Rage2.

Quote Originally Posted by rage2 View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    It's not the size that matters, it's the taste it leaves in your mouth.

Quote Originally Posted by JRSC00LUDE
    I say stupid shit all the time.
    ^^ Fact Checked

Quote Originally Posted by Misterman View Post
    No logic, thought, input, etc from cult member...

My Ride
    Jeep of Theseus

Awesome stuff, Beyond FTW as always.

Also, the meet would be awesome. I mean, clawesome.
    Last edited by BerserkerCatSplat; 03-30-2008 at 04:30 PM.

Glad to hear!

Perhaps a feast of lobster and other assorted sea creatures would be appropriate at said meet?

My Ride
    2015 MK7 GTI

I wish we had more members like the OP

Well done man

My Ride
    VW Scirocco GT

True to your word. Good job Beyond!

My Ride
    Hondas

Awesome.

Talk about case

My Ride
    E36 Rallye Coupe, 08 Tundra Ltd.

I had follow the thread since page one , but never expected this kind of turn out
    good job guys

MKII Golf GTi Rally - sold
    E36 Rally Car in the works

My Ride
    93 240sx SE, 17 Infiniti Q50S, 2008 Highlander

Originally posted by rmk
    Glad to hear!

Perhaps a feast of lobster and other assorted sea creatures would be appropriate at said meet?

Originally posted by GTS Jeff
    You know those bored stay at home moms who's entire lives revolve around driving their kids to soccer, various cleaning accessories, and worrying about neighbourhood rapists? The kind of people that watch the View and go "uh huh..." Those unfulfilled people who try to fill the void in their empty lives by writing whiny letters to the editor complaining about shit that no one really cares about?

Well imagine if instead of writing that letter to the editor, she just posts on a car forum for car enthusiasts. That's Kritafo.

My Ride
    Das Fahrenheit

Originally posted by rmk
    Glad to hear!

You buying?

My Ride
    Camaro 2SS

Very classy Envision.

Yeah, a dinner at Red Lobster would be a nice way to end this epic event.
    3-28-2008 = Day of the Claw

My Ride
    Mall Crawler

great job all, might i suggest you tie in the meet with the beyond.ca spring cruise? might make it easier to get everyone there
    sig deleted by moderator, because they are useless

My Ride
    Lease

Good speech, good to hear the iron-hummer has put the iron-hammer on the claw.

My Ride
    MB C63

this whole situation has been a blast to follow. And this just puts the icing on the cake.

My Ride
    1 x E Class Benz

Kenny and I will be buying dinner and drinks for the beyond CSI's involved in this case . I heard JAYMEZ is allergic to seafood, so it looks like we're gonna kill him that night too .
    Originally posted by SEANBANERJEE
    I have gone above and beyond what I should rightfully have to do to protect my good name

Originally posted by Canmorite

You buying?
    rage2 is footing the bill.

Page 1 of 4 1 2 ... LastLast