Quantcast
Hit and run in Bridlewood. Anyone know anything? - Beyond.ca - Car Forums
Page 1 of 8 1 2 ... LastLast

Thread: Hit and run in Bridlewood. Anyone know anything?

My Ride
    Highlander

Default Hit and run in Bridlewood. Anyone know anything?

So on our way home tonight we got a call from a friend who lives in Somerset asking if we were at home yet. When I said we were on our way, she wished us good luck getting there. Turns out there was an unreal accident right outside the entrance to our street tonight. We drove up there and sure enough, getting to our house was a nightmare. Dozens of police, fire trucks, ambulances, ect were there blocking a HUGE section of road off. We got out of the car and started to ask what had happened.

From what we could figure out from the dozens standing there was that there was a street race southbound down a residential road (Bridleridge way) between a silver pathfinder and some sort of civic. The pathfinder jumped the curb on the right side, plowed over a bus stop sign and hit three people. At this point it is important to mention that one of these three was in a wheelchair. That's where the blood drops started. From there it looks like the two walking people possibly bounced off the car or got out of the way while the wheelchair (and it's passenger) were stuck on the front of the car and was then taken with the out of control vehicle across the two lanes of the road and the poor soul ended up between the front grill of the pathfinder and a tree on the center grass median.

Apparently the two have been taken to hospital with serious injuries and the poor wheelchair bound victim was laying under a yellow tarp, dozens of pieces of the chair scattered within the near by couple of feet.

According to a few people there, it was a hit and run. Now before the news story comes out and everyone is like "No Melinda, you were totally wrong, this is really what happened..." I will repeat that we only talked to neighbors who had been there longer than we had and talked to one guy of the press. Any or all of these details could be false or somewhat unclear. I just thought that perhaps if any of it was true (specifically the hit and run part and the silver pathfinder part) then it might be worth it to get it up on beyond and put the word out incase someone knows anyone who might have been involved in this situation.

Truly gruesome scene, I definately feel for the family(ies) of the victims, especially the one who lost his/her life. RIP to that victim and much luck to the other two suffering. To the driver(s), ROT IN HELL. There is no way that accident could have happened while going at a reasonable residential speed and BOTH drivers are just as much to blame.

My Ride
    05 g35, 08 altima coupe, 10 pathfinder

god damn. another accident due to street racers rip to the guy in the chair and best of luck to the other two people

My Ride
    1996 Buick Regal GranSport

Oh i get pissed @ divers that I see speeding I seen a guy on John Laurie Blvd doing atleast 180 on monday so at the red light I got out of my car and fucking bitched him out cause after he ot past me he cut off a civic so close that the civic had to swirv and almost lost control !!!

And not racist but it was a native guy and I just wanted to pull infront of him and slam on my breaks!

wow, thats brutal. RIP

I live in Somerset. People blast down the main Dr at 100 kph. Through playground and school zones. Stupid moms in mini vans as often as idiots in tuner cars.

These folks are just begging to be beaten to death.

We need Singapore style laws rather than fees anyone can pay. If I run a light I deserve a lash or two.
    Last edited by lewdvig; 04-30-2008 at 09:52 PM.

My Ride
    Trailblazer SS

WOW, that's terrible!! I thought I could hear lots of sirens earlier tonight; I'm in Evergreen, so maybe they were responding to this call.

I can't even imagine...

My Ride
    '10 WRX

moms are the worst. you always get the soccer moms gating you and cutting you off..

My Ride
    BMW M5

Shit. i was down by bridlewood tonight. like 3 hours ago.
    R.I.P

My Ride
    Highlander

Originally posted by lewdvig
    I live in Somerset. People blast down the main Dr at 100 kph. Through playground and school zones. Stupid moms in mini vans as often as idiots in tuner cars.

These folks are just begging to be beaten to death.
    This was actually on bridleridge way, the road you turn off of 162nd at the blockbuster video/sobey's. Definately more of a residential road than 162nd.

One of the women we talked to had two daughters who saw what had happened with their dad and were at that point with the police. Very sad thing to have to witness at any age, let alone as a kid.

RIP

My Ride
    VAG products

to stupid tokyo racers on residential ways.. RIP

My Ride
    Trailblazer SS

Originally posted by ntegra98rs
    moms are the worst. you always get the soccer moms gating you and cutting you off..
    I agree there are probably several 'soccer mom's' that are gunning way too fast, but I've also encountered MANY soccer dad's blowing by me and cutting me off trying to show me they have a hemi to play with my LS2. There are many guilty people out there.

My Ride
    2008 Z06

Brutal. I'm in Bridlewood, and I sometime see people driving too quickly, but never racing. So terrible.
    Current Cars:
    2019 BMW X3 M40i Stage 2, 12.44 at 110mph
    1972 Chevy Super Cheyenne C10 Pickup 402 big block, 700R4
    2004 GMC 2500HD 8.1L

Past Cars:
    1970 Chevy Blazer, 2wd
    2003 BMW X5 4.6IS Doushmobile, moneypit
    2015 Ford Fiesta ST | Cobb Stage 1, catless downpipe
    2008 Corvette Z06 - 11.39 at 123.8mph
    2002 Corvette Z06 - 12.10 at 116.5mph
    2005 Jeep Wrangler LJ
    1993 5L Mustang - 12.59 at 108mph
    1989 5L Mustang
    1990 Jeep Cherokee
    1991 Acura Integra RS 403Honda

It is too easy to get a license. That is the first problem. It should be as hard as other tests for devices that can kill people. Driving is a privilege not a right.

I have seen speeders in Germany pulled out of their cars at gunpoint by police and thrown on their car hoods and cuffed. That was for speeding in a toll zone.

A person lost their life because our laws against stupid driving were not a deterrent. They were not a deterrent because a speeding ticket and stunting ticket are jokes with no consequences.

My Ride
    2015 MK7 GTI

Live in Bridlewood too and was wondering why so many ambulances were around tonight. Thanks for the info Melinda and RIP to that poor person.

Let's find that bastard and his/her pathfinder!

My Ride
    Bicycle

So Pathfinder got away after hitting a tree?

Originally posted by Melinda

This was actually on bridleridge way, the road you turn off of 162nd at the blockbuster video/sobey's. Definately more of a residential road than 162nd.

One of the women we talked to had two daughters who saw what had happened with their dad and were at that point with the police. Very sad thing to have to witness at any age, let alone as a kid.
    Horrible. I was coaching a U6 soccer game today. Kids are everywhere.

Yeah, I meant Somerset Dr but 162nd is bad too (but at least its not residential). Its terrible. Police are never around. People blast down this road as though its Daytona. 80 kph on Somerset Dr is common (daily) and I see a person hitting 100 at least once per month.

Soon we'll have cameras everywhere because of these idiots. There are not enough cops out there to catch them all.

My Ride
    Highlander

Originally posted by Xtrema
    So Pathfinder got away after hitting a tree?
    Bridleridge is a very young community, I could wrap my hand all the way around the trunk of the tree that was hit. It was totally flattened after being hit, the poor victim and the chair bits immediately beside it.

If I'm understanding this correctly, this means that the pathfinder had to back up in order to separate itself from a wheelchair bound human and a tree in order to speed away? Or is the pathfinder still there and the people inside just ran away?

I lose faith in the people of this city more and more, lynch the fuckers.

My Ride
    Highlander

Originally posted by kertejud2
    If I'm understanding this correctly, this means that the pathfinder had to back up in order to separate itself from a wheelchair bound human and a tree in order to speed away? Or is the pathfinder still there and the people inside just ran away?

I lose faith in the people of this city more and more, lynch the fuckers.
    Both cars were not at the scene. The pathfinder would have had to back up, possibly untangle person or wheelchair from the front of his/her car and then drive away.

Page 1 of 8 1 2 ... LastLast