Quantcast
What I've been eating on my Diet - Beyond.ca - Car Forums
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: What I've been eating on my Diet

My Ride
    CRF 250L

Default What I've been eating on my Diet

I did this last year too. Just cutting the carbs, running a bit of a calorie deficit for a couple weeks.

Heres the linky from last years thread:
    http://forums.beyond.ca/st/181332/7-...ecomendations/

But heres what i've been eating on a typical day:

Breaky:

4 Egg Whites omellet
    Green peppers, broccoli, mushrooms, green onions, a bit of cheese and cheese curds
    4 Rasberries, 8 blueberries, veggies

Lunch Time:

Chicken breast (boiled in chicken broth for flavour) topped with salsa and a bit of cheese
    Bell peppers with baby bell cheese and green olives on the BBQ (one of my new faves!)
    herb/spinach salad
    raw veggies

Din Din:

More salad
    Steelhead fillet marinated in lemon juice and dill
    1 tea spoon of dill dip on raw broccoli
    Bean sprouts

I guesstimate that those meals are under 5 carbs a piece using my online calorie counters and my ketostix (and my GF) tell me im still in ketosis.

Only way I can eat this clean (as clean as Im willing to get!) is by cutting all my vegetables and prepping meats and what not en mass so I don't fiend for too long without food. If its always there and easy to eat I eat it and I am happy and satisfied.

Of course this wont be sustainable, but I feel much better and am tightening up all over.

At the gym i'm doing some cross-fitt-e type stuff with my cardio.

Right my morning program is:
    Run 1/4 mile
    As many chin ups as I can do
    25 V-Up sit ups
    30 Push Ups
    ^^^ Repeat 4 times as fast as I can

The trainer at the gym said its OK for me to use their kettle bells now so I might switch it up this week for 50 swings and 25 burpees or something.

Anyhoo thats what I'm doing right now.

Edit:
    added link to last years thread.
    Last edited by broken_legs; 08-24-2008 at 10:42 PM.
    TRUTH: it's the new hate speech.
    In a time of universal deceit - telling the truth is a revolutionary act. - Orwell

My Ride
    Hondas

what are you doing the diet for? weight loss? or another reason?

Not bad. Good Job

My only problem is having enough time to make those types of meals...

My Ride
    CRF 250L

Originally posted by 89s1
    what are you doing the diet for? weight loss? or another reason?
    Fat loss.
    In a time of universal deceit - telling the truth is a revolutionary act. - Orwell

Jesus that food looks delicious... You do catering?

My Ride
    93' civic, honda for lyfe!!

hey man thats six blueberries!!!!
    LIAR

but yea, I love blueberries, I eat like 50 of them in one sitting. I buy like 4 of those 1kg ones for 5 dollars, each week.

YUMMM broccoli I love them too, expecially when steamed, but raw is always the best! yea I wish i had the time to make those dishes, I always seem to be in a rush so I just mix up some whey protein shake, whole food multi vitamin and some type of left over chicken/meat to keep me full till around noon. then I gotta eat crappy unhealthy food from the school at noon before i go home for supper.

im not trying to lose weight or anything, but I just want to be healthier overall, so I cut out sugary foods, carbohydrates, and for some reason enriched wheat products, as I heard they are not good for you?? my diet includes entirely of green leafy carbohydrates, MEAT MEAT MEAT, carlson fish oil, and MEAT.
    I leave the safety off the gun stuffed in my belt. I'm not worried about shotting off one of my balls. I got a spare.

My Ride
    N/A V8, TTV6, DOHC N/A V6

Ack, dude you need more fat!!

While in Ketosis your body needs a 50/50 fat/protein macro breakdown.

Right now your basically burning protein for fuel and not using it to recover from workouts and MAINTAIN the current muscle.

During Ketosis 70% of the brains energy is provided by Ketones, but the other 30% is formed via Gluconeogenesis.

If your body is use to burning some protein for energy while you sleep, your body will continue to burn your muscles instead. You need lots of fat in a keto diet.

I'm pretty good with my keto diets now, I've done a couple in the past. What are you doing for carb up days?

You don't want to crash your thyroid with that low of calories.

That looks like it's only about 1300cals.
    "The most merciful thing in the world, I think, is the inability of the human mind to correlate all its contents... some day the piecing together of dissociated knowledge will open up such terrifying vistas of reality, and of our frightful position therein, that we shall either go mad from the revelation or flee from the light into the peace and safety of a new Dark Age."

-H.P. Lovecraft

My Ride
    CRF 250L

Originally posted by Darkane

Right now your basically burning protein for fuel and not using it to recover from workouts and MAINTAIN the current muscle.

During Ketosis 70% of the brains energy is provided by Ketones, but the other 30% is formed via Gluconeogenesis.

If your body is use to burning some protein for energy while you sleep, your body will continue to burn your muscles instead. You need lots of fat in a keto diet.

I'm pretty good with my keto diets now, I've done a couple in the past. What are you doing for carb up days?

Mr Darkane, i'm just doing this for a couple of weeks while im home from the rig. If I was a in town with a schedule I'd probably be a bit more concerned, but this is almost my crash diet replay from last year, only now I have two arms instead of one in a sling.

Well I'm getting my fat in too.

I didn't post on here how many baby bele cheeses i eat as snacks throughout the day, or how many chicken wings I ate last night haha

I Always take a big lump of cheese curd before bed so I have some slow release protein over night along with my isolate shakes.

If anything I actually feel stronger, and like I'm getting a better pump at the gym.

This is what happened to me last time too. Maybe its just me

My Ride

Originally posted by Darkane

hey darkane Im still new to the diet thing, are carbohydrates necessary in the human diet? I read some of your posts before and apparently you can survive just on a fat/protein diet? I've done alot of research and know that carbohydrates of sugary/starchy foods with medium to high glycemic load/index will cause a drastic change in the blood sugar thus induce inflammation, can you verify this information I have read?

My Ride
    400whp MR2 - An Italian and a couple of Germans

looks like a huge amount of work to get those meals prepped.. thats the crappy thing about eating healthy.
    Looking for a new VW? How about a used vehicle? We are Central Albertas #1 source for pre-owned vehicles
    I will beat any deal on a new VW for beyonders

Gary Moe Volkswagen/Gary Moe Used Car Superstore!

Red Deer, AB

My Ride
    210000 km oldie

Looks good.

My Ride
    N/A V8, TTV6, DOHC N/A V6

Originally posted by r0g3r

hey darkane Im still new to the diet thing, are carbohydrates necessary in the human diet? I read some of your posts before and apparently you can survive just on a fat/protein diet? I've done alot of research and know that carbohydrates of sugary/starchy foods with medium to high glycemic load/index will cause a drastic change in the blood sugar thus induce inflammation, can you verify this information I have read?
    Not only can you survive, but Some people feel and function a lot better. Me being one of them.

The truth is some people tolerate carbs and some don't. It is a misconception that a "balanced" diet with grains and carbs etc are needed. In reality ALL humans can live without carbs, but some will feel like ass. Lots will do really well on low carb.

The problem is initially people go without carbs for 2-3 days and they feel like shit. This is the case for like 95% of the people because their body has never been into the Ketosis phase of a carbless lifestyle. It can take 2-4 weeks to fully realize ketosis at first, but once in you can feel like a million bucks! Total constant blood sugar, no spikes, no crashes. I like it!
    "The most merciful thing in the world, I think, is the inability of the human mind to correlate all its contents... some day the piecing together of dissociated knowledge will open up such terrifying vistas of reality, and of our frightful position therein, that we shall either go mad from the revelation or flee from the light into the peace and safety of a new Dark Age."

-H.P. Lovecraft

My Ride
    09 WRX

I think I have accidently been doing a carb free diet for the last few days, I grabbed the wrong protein shake this time, and realised that for that little while that I use two servings or so to replace a meal there's virtually no carbs... and you know what? I feel like trash when I do it...
    So much that I have resorted to four peices of whole wheat bread when I replace a meal with a shake...

My Ride
    Beyond Fit Golf R and Berta RAM 1500

Originally posted by r0g3r

Read these articles -

http://www.johnberardi.com/articles/...ion/built1.htm

http://www.johnberardi.com/articles/...ion/built2.htm

My Ride
    CRF 250L

ahhhhh

Last night I went out to a friends place, and he prepared a huge meal of mussels, and cod, and spinach dip and what not

I cheated really bad

Then today I cheated again, had a plate of chow mein and then a BAG OF M&M peanuts!

I'll just 2500 calories of cardio to make it up at the gym tonight hahahha

My Ride
    Beyond Fit Golf R and Berta RAM 1500

Originally posted by broken_legs
    ahhhhh

Last night I went out to a friends place, and he prepared a huge meal of mussels, and cod, and spinach dip and what not

I cheated really bad

Then today I cheated again, had a plate of chow mein and then a BAG OF M&M peanuts!

What does your workout routine and cardio schedule look like?

EDIT: oops sorry didnt see it.
    Last edited by Redlined_8000; 08-27-2008 at 01:00 PM.

My Ride
    NC1

I feel like shit if I don't have any carbs in the system. I try to balance it out. I guess everyone is different so you just have to figure what's best for you.

I've been doing a lot of cardio lately + Badminton and it's seriously shredding the fat. Got to stay active to keep the fat off.

It's OK to cheat. It's so hard to eat healthy 5X a day, 7 days a week. As long as you don't go too crazy haha
    Originally posted by rage2
    Shit, there's only 49 users here, I doubt we'll even break 100
    I am user #49

My Ride
    NC1

Originally posted by broken_legs
    ahhhhh

I cheated really bad

It's all about sacrifice man. Before I would have a huge meal and then just sit on the couch and watch an hour of TV. But now if I have that huge meal, I'll go spend an hour on the cross trainer. I feel less guilty too
    Originally posted by rage2
    Shit, there's only 49 users here, I doubt we'll even break 100
    I am user #49

Carbohydrates are not essential nutrients in humans: the body can obtain all its energy from protein and fats. However, the brain and neurons generally cannot burn fat and need glucose for energy; the body can make some glucose from a few of the amino acids in protein and also from the glycerol backbone in triglycerides.

I have yet to ever see a NO carb diet.... yes there are many variations of LOW carb diets. If you eat fruit or veggies you are getting carbs.

I know my body hates low carbs 30g or less... so I load my carbs in the morning, 2nd breakfast (oats and yogurt) and before evening workout (fruit). I do not limit veggies and have large portions of protien.. this is what works best for me.. after two months of low carb I crashed and that was with loading... this has worked well for me.

You have to know you body and be willing to play around.

Mmmmmm baby bel cheese....

My Ride

thanks for the info, I want to be able to achieve constant blood sugar levels, by eating protein/fat + healthy carbohydrates. I'm trying my best to avoid refined sugar and eating large amounts of starchy foods, but its hard... especially under peer pressure LOL
    I leave the safety off the gun stuffed in my belt. I'm not worried about shotting off one of my balls. I got a spare.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast