Beyond.ca

Registration is free! Car Forums - Member Rides Car Forums - Find other members Car Forums - Calendar Car Forums - Frequently Asked Questions Forum Rules and Regulations Car Forums - Search Logout
Beyond.ca - Car Forums : Powered by vBulletin version 2.3.9 Beyond.ca - Car Forums > Other Stuff > Suggestion/Comment Box/Forum Related Stuff > Beyond User Rating

Author
Thread
kenny
Director of Awesomeness

What I drive:
Posts/Day: 0.68
Trader Rating: (16)
User Rating: 148%

Beyond User Rating quote:

Effective October 1, 2008 (yup, tomorrow!) all users with a user rating of less than 90% will be denied access to the marketplace.

The moderating team is having to deal with too many rule infractions in the marketplace and will be issuing out user rating deductions for all rule violations. Please familiarize yourself with the forum rules, and the marketplace rules to ensure you do not lose access.

http://forums.beyond.ca/articles.ph...data&item=1

The good news is, all users will be reset to 100%

Report this post | IP: Logged

Old Post 09-30-2008 05:18 PM
kenny is offline Click Here to See the Profile for kenny Click here to Send kenny a Private Message Find more posts by kenny Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote

dj_rice
owned by an '08 n00b! LOL

What I drive: 93 240sx SE, 02 Pathfinder LE
Posts/Day: 1.18
Trader Rating: (34)
User Rating: 95%

quote:

And Yay 2 new smilys

Originally posted by GTS Jeff
You know those bored stay at home moms who's entire lives revolve around driving their kids to soccer, various cleaning accessories, and worrying about neighbourhood rapists? The kind of people that watch the View and go "uh huh..." Those unfulfilled people who try to fill the void in their empty lives by writing whiny letters to the editor complaining about shit that no one really cares about?

Well imagine if instead of writing that letter to the editor, she just posts on a car forum for car enthusiasts. That's Kritafo.

Old Post 09-30-2008 05:34 PM
dj_rice is offline Click Here to See the Profile for dj_rice Click here to Send dj_rice a Private Message Find more posts by dj_rice Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Unknown303
Third Gear

What I drive: Hatred
Posts/Day: 0.87
Trader Rating: (48)
User Rating: 101%

quote:

Your just resetting the ratings so you'll be able to post in the marketplace..

Old Post 09-30-2008 06:16 PM
Unknown303 is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Unknown303 Click here to Send Unknown303 a Private Message Find more posts by Unknown303 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
kenny
Director of Awesomeness

What I drive:

quote:

I wont lie. I miss having marketplace access

Old Post 09-30-2008 06:18 PM
kenny is offline Click Here to See the Profile for kenny Click here to Send kenny a Private Message Find more posts by kenny Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Crymson
First Gear

What I drive: 955
Posts/Day: 0.27
Trader Rating: (9)
User Rating: 99%

quote:

How do the user ratings work?

Old Post 09-30-2008 06:20 PM
Crymson is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Crymson Click here to Send Crymson a Private Message Find more posts by Crymson Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
inline6turbo
Second Gear

What I drive: 2016 Focus RS - Stealth Grey
Posts/Day: 0.47
Trader Rating: (28)
User Rating: 97%

quote:

so say if someone posts in a for sale thread "Bump for a sexy ride" you will be deducted trader rating? How will the penalties be weighted? How do you get it raised after it's lowered?

Old Post 09-30-2008 06:23 PM
inline6turbo is offline Click Here to See the Profile for inline6turbo Click here to Send inline6turbo a Private Message Find more posts by inline6turbo Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
QuasarCav
Fourth Gear

What I drive:
Posts/Day: 0.84
Trader Rating: (65)
User Rating: 100%

quote:

Originally posted by inline6turbo
so say if someone posts in a for sale thread "Bump for a sexy ride" you will be deducted trader rating? How will the penalties be weighted? How do you get it raised after it's lowered?

I have never understood people's need to post that in a FS thread. I believe that the OP should be the only one allowed access to post in thier thread and communication should take place via PM.

I've seen a moderator saying 1 bump per week MAX, is this the case?

Old Post 09-30-2008 06:27 PM
QuasarCav is offline Click Here to See the Profile for QuasarCav Click here to Send QuasarCav a Private Message Find more posts by QuasarCav Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
b_t
b_t is a huge fag

What I drive: FC3S 10AE / Tacoma
Posts/Day: 0.63
Trader Rating: (7)

quote:

It should be one bump per week max, but it is really hard to enforce at the moment.

Old Post 09-30-2008 06:32 PM
b_t is offline Click Here to See the Profile for b_t Click here to Send b_t a Private Message Find more posts by b_t Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
buh_buh
Mr. Beyond

What I drive:
Posts/Day: 1.34
Trader Rating: (37)

quote:

the official ruling is one bump for your own thread per week max. But like b_t says, we can't really enforce what other people do in your thread. Getting your friends to blatantly give you a free bump everyday though will get the poster a minus.

Old Post 09-30-2008 06:39 PM
buh_buh is offline Click Here to See the Profile for buh_buh Click here to Send buh_buh a Private Message Find more posts by buh_buh Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
kenny
Director of Awesomeness

What I drive:

quote:

Originally posted by inline6turbo

People that have absolutely no interest in purchasing anything but continually post in the marketplace. Those users are the reason this new system is being deployed. The details of the point deductions are not being shared.

User ratings may be adjusted manually to reward users. These adjustments will be rare.

Old Post 09-30-2008 06:51 PM
nbaker00
First Gear

What I drive: is unique
Trader Rating: (13)

quote:

So let's say a person post 5 pointless things in your thread before a mod sees it and deducts rating(s).
Do they lose 5 ratings or just 1?

Old Post 09-30-2008 07:04 PM
nbaker00 is offline Click Here to See the Profile for nbaker00 Click here to Send nbaker00 a Private Message Visit nbaker00's homepage! Find more posts by nbaker00 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
D'z Nutz
Super Moderator

What I drive: Southerners out of the North
Posts/Day: 0.99
Trader Rating: (122)
User Rating: 111%

quote:

Originally posted by nbaker00
So let's say a person post 5 pointless things in your thread before a mod sees it and deducts rating(s).
Do they lose 5 ratings or just 1?

Oooh, that's 5 infractions, baby!

Old Post 09-30-2008 07:06 PM
D'z Nutz is offline Click Here to See the Profile for D'z Nutz Click here to Send D'z Nutz a Private Message Visit D'z Nutz's homepage! Find more posts by D'z Nutz Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
EK 2.0
Beyond's Biggest E-Mack

What I drive: ...BNT0B0X...
Posts/Day: 1.73
Trader Rating: (31)

quote:

Originally posted by D'z Nutz

Oooh, that's 5 infractions, baby!

Oh man, I think we have created a monster...haha...

Old Post 09-30-2008 07:07 PM
EK 2.0 is offline Click Here to See the Profile for EK 2.0 Click here to Send EK 2.0 a Private Message Find more posts by EK 2.0 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
buh_buh
Mr. Beyond

What I drive:
Posts/Day: 1.34
Trader Rating: (37)

quote:

well for every post that gets killed, that's 1 infraction. That's fair game, not just D being beligerent.

Old Post 09-30-2008 07:08 PM
buh_buh is offline Click Here to See the Profile for buh_buh Click here to Send buh_buh a Private Message Find more posts by buh_buh Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Crymson
First Gear

quote:

If FS threads are going to be more closely watched can we have a "Good guy/ Bad guy" section in the market place to dish on loser sellers/buyers and post good things about good vedors and transactions rather than try to sneak it into their threads?

Old Post 09-30-2008 09:23 PM
Crymson is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Crymson Click here to Send Crymson a Private Message Find more posts by Crymson Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
QuasarCav
Fourth Gear

What I drive:
Posts/Day: 0.84
Trader Rating: (65)

quote:

Originally posted by Crymson
If FS threads are going to be more closely watched can we have a "Good guy/ Bad guy" section in the market place to dish on loser sellers/buyers and post good things about good vedors and transactions rather than try to sneak it into their threads?

Like some kind of trader rating?

Old Post 09-30-2008 09:28 PM
QuasarCav is offline Click Here to See the Profile for QuasarCav Click here to Send QuasarCav a Private Message Find more posts by QuasarCav Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
benyl
Hayan Namja

What I drive: One from Affalterbach and Dearborn
Posts/Day: 1.64
Trader Rating: (22)
User Rating: 250%

quote:

wut, you already took away my 50% buffer? I want my 150% user rating back!

Old Post 09-30-2008 09:34 PM
benyl is offline Click Here to See the Profile for benyl Click here to Send benyl a Private Message Find more posts by benyl Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Crymson
First Gear

quote:

Originally posted by QuasarCav

Like some kind of trader rating?

The trader rating system is good, but i was thinking of something a little more overt. We've seen the threads in the general cars/bikes section, where someone calls out a shop, or posts a "thank you" to a vendor. I just think those threads should be in a market place section.

Old Post 09-30-2008 10:11 PM
b_t
b_t is a huge fag

What I drive: FC3S 10AE / Tacoma
Posts/Day: 0.63
Trader Rating: (7)

quote:

The trader rating is great but I wish we didn't need to keep around old threads for the trader to refer to... it would be nice if we could prune the marketplace periodically so it doesn't get so massive.

Old Post 09-30-2008 11:03 PM
b_t is offline Click Here to See the Profile for b_t Click here to Send b_t a Private Message Find more posts by b_t Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
spikerS
Third Gear

What I drive: 2016 F-150 3.5L Ecoboost SCrew FX4
Posts/Day: 0.97
Trader Rating: (44)
User Rating: 103%

quote:

Originally posted by b_t
The trader rating is great but I wish we didn't need to keep around old threads for the trader to refer to... it would be nice if we could prune the marketplace periodically so it doesn't get so massive.

that would be cool. maybe have threads in the marketplace have a 150 day life expectancy?

Originally posted by Mibz
Always a fucking awful experience seeing spikers. Extra awful when he laps me.

Old Post 09-30-2008 11:17 PM
spikerS is offline Click Here to See the Profile for spikerS Click here to Send spikerS a Private Message Visit spikerS's homepage! Find more posts by spikerS Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
The time now is 02:27 PM (GMT) Post New Thread   

Last Thread   Next Thread
Beyond.ca - Car Forums : Powered by vBulletin version 2.3.9 Beyond.ca - Car Forums > Other Stuff > Suggestion/Comment Box/Forum Related Stuff > Beyond User Rating

Show Printable Version | Email this Page | Subscribe to this Thread

Forum Rules: