Beyond.ca

Registration is free! Car Forums - Member Rides Car Forums - Find other members Car Forums - Calendar Car Forums - Frequently Asked Questions Forum Rules and Regulations Car Forums - Search Logout
Beyond.ca - Car Forums : Powered by vBulletin version 2.3.9 Beyond.ca - Car Forums > Lounge > Real Estate / Finance > Beyond's Official "Saving" Thread- Post Your Savings Here!

Author
Thread
A790
PC Principal

What I drive: A future rustbucket.
Posts/Day: 1.31
Trader Rating: (68)
User Rating: 103%

Beyond's Official "Saving" Thread- Post Your Savings Here! quote:

Hey guys and gals, I saw this on another forum and think it's a fantastic idea (especially now that the economy is on the rocks). Basically, the idea of this thread is to encourage people to save money and be more responsible with their spending habits. If you are the kind of person that has savings you would be surprised at how many people (most) have absolutely ZERO in the way of a savings account.

So post in this thread whenever you save some money. It could be $5,000 from the sale of a car or $15 you found in your couch- the amount doesn't matter, what matters is taking the steps to start saving and hopefully keep yourself from experiencing the lows that not having a savings safety net can bring.

I'll start. Today, for the first time in months, I didn't eat out AT ALL. I took the $50 it would have cost me for lunch and threw that into my savings account instead.

Internet Marketing Solutions for Small Businesses & Niche Content Websites.

No contracts, just results. Websites, SEO, PPC, Content Creation. SEO & Marketing Solutions by SimplifiedSEO.com

Report this post | IP: Logged

Old Post 10-01-2008 01:22 AM
A790 is offline Click Here to See the Profile for A790 Click here to Send A790 a Private Message Find more posts by A790 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote

Canmorite
Second Gear

What I drive: Das Fahrenheit
Posts/Day: 0.49
Trader Rating: (5)
User Rating: 100%

quote:

A week makes a world of difference

Originally posted by A790
Hell no. I'll continue to spend stupidly and I won't regret it either. You only live once, might as well make it count

Great idea though. Hopefully other people will stop pissing away money.

Originally posted by 89coupe
I do get great service there, especially when I mention my name, haha.

Old Post 10-01-2008 01:31 AM
Canmorite is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Canmorite Click here to Send Canmorite a Private Message Find more posts by Canmorite Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
obliterate8

What I drive: A Whineeer
Posts/Day: 0.02
Trader Rating: (0)

quote:

I bought a 1/2 O instead of an O. Took the 100 bucks and bought some oil.

Old Post 10-01-2008 01:38 AM
obliterate8 is offline Click Here to See the Profile for obliterate8 Click here to Send obliterate8 a Private Message Find more posts by obliterate8 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
HiTempguy1
Second Gear

What I drive: 1995 WRX STi
Posts/Day: 0.28
Trader Rating: (1)
User Rating: 95%

quote:

Even though I had a midterm first thing this morning and was running a bit behind, I refused to not pack a lunch so I' d have to spend ridiculous coin on cafeteria food.

At least $5 saved (plus I didn't buy any munchies throughout the whole day).

Edit-

$5 is HUGE cause I am po' folk for a while being a student (working on getting a part time job). Even thinking of selling the Civork for a profit and buying a cheaper car!

Old Post 10-01-2008 03:21 AM
HiTempguy1 is offline Click Here to See the Profile for HiTempguy1 Click here to Send HiTempguy1 a Private Message Find more posts by HiTempguy1 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Xtrema
Sixth Gear

What I drive: 2016 MB C450
Posts/Day: 1.54
Trader Rating: (4)

quote:

Canceled lame ass Movie Central and saved $15/month

Old Post 10-01-2008 03:25 AM
Xtrema is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Xtrema Click here to Send Xtrema a Private Message Find more posts by Xtrema Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
sxtothe240
First Gear

What I drive: M3/C300
Posts/Day: 0.12
Trader Rating: (21)
User Rating: 98%

quote:

$50 dollar lunch? WTF my lunches cost me about 10 bucks

Old Post 10-01-2008 03:32 AM
sxtothe240 is offline Click Here to See the Profile for sxtothe240 Click here to Send sxtothe240 a Private Message Find more posts by sxtothe240 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
max_boost
Beyond Bully

What I drive: nothing special :(
Posts/Day: 1.79
Trader Rating: (31)
User Rating: 123%

quote:

Didn't get my daily Jugo Juice today so saved $6.

Old Post 10-01-2008 03:42 AM
max_boost is offline Click Here to See the Profile for max_boost Click here to Send max_boost a Private Message Find more posts by max_boost Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
chkolny541
Second Gear

What I drive:
Posts/Day: 0.50
Trader Rating: (2)

quote:

i masterbated today, so i didnt have to spend 15 bucks on a prostitute

Originally posted by Modelexis
If I have questions about my phone bill, I don't post it on beyond, I call telus.

Originally posted by D911
worst part is definitely when the dudes smacking it with his dick like that inside out anus owes his dick some money.

the crap you find when you dig through ask leo

Old Post 10-01-2008 03:48 AM
chkolny541 is offline Click Here to See the Profile for chkolny541 Click here to Send chkolny541 a Private Message Find more posts by chkolny541 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
broken_legs
Neutral

What I drive: CRF 250L
Posts/Day: 0.03
User Rating: 99%

quote:

Originally posted by chkolny541

15 dollars isn't even worth the effort.

I made a girl pay for dinner thus saving myself 130 dollars.

I'm also putting 250-500/pay check into a high interest cash account. My goal is to have about 10k sitting in there just in case like many personal finance books recommend

Old Post 10-01-2008 04:01 AM
broken_legs is offline Click Here to See the Profile for broken_legs Click here to Send broken_legs a Private Message Find more posts by broken_legs Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
hadookin
Banned

What I drive: 92 S13 hatch 06 ZX6R
Posts/Day: 0.03

quote:

Original Post Removed. (Please read the Forum Rules and Terms of Use before posting again, or risk getting banned).

Old Post 10-01-2008 04:01 AM
hadookin is offline Click Here to See the Profile for hadookin Click here to Send hadookin a Private Message Find more posts by hadookin Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Ske7ches

What I drive: 05 Altima , 92 Civic Si HB
Posts/Day: 0.01

quote:

Lowballed some guy on the marketplace so I only paid half of his asking price. Then met up with him and hid 10$ in my pocket and told him the only money I had was all in my wallet, so I saved 10 more dollars.

In a more serious note, we bundled up our tv, phone and internet so Im paying 40$ less every month!

Old Post 10-01-2008 04:05 AM
Ske7ches is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Ske7ches Click here to Send Ske7ches a Private Message Find more posts by Ske7ches Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
ekguy
Second Gear

What I drive: 93 integra
Posts/Day: 0.61
Trader Rating: (23)
User Rating: 97%

quote:

Originally posted by sxtothe240
$50 dollar lunch? WTF my lunches cost me about 10 bucks

if it was 89coupe it would have been at least a bill for lunch haha.

On a side note I think I'm going to start packing lunches I'm spending roughly 10$ to 20$ at SAIT everyday on energydrinks and food...I figure it would make a huge difference if I didn't spend that. And also saving all my tips all the time from work for when I want to go out of town.

Old Post 10-01-2008 04:31 AM
ekguy is offline Click Here to See the Profile for ekguy Click here to Send ekguy a Private Message Find more posts by ekguy Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
kaput
Second Gear

Posts/Day: 0.24
Trader Rating: (6)

quote:

Made the girlfriend pay at starbucks and saved $8!

Old Post 10-01-2008 04:31 AM
kaput is offline Click Here to See the Profile for kaput Click here to Send kaput a Private Message Find more posts by kaput Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
KLCC
Neutral

What I drive: Toyota, and VQ35DE
Posts/Day: 0.02
User Rating: 105%

quote:

Had a hearty lunch on the expense of my company......

"There are known knowns. These are things we know that we know. There are known unknowns. That is to say, there are things that we know we don't know. But there are also unknown unknowns. There are things we don't know we don't know."
-- Donald Rumsfeld

Old Post 10-01-2008 04:51 AM
KLCC is offline Click Here to See the Profile for KLCC Click here to Send KLCC a Private Message Find more posts by KLCC Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
G-ZUS
Fourth Gear

What I drive: Blue boy
Posts/Day: 1.22
Trader Rating: (124)

quote:

Switched to Geico and put an extra 15% in my savings account.

On a more savings note, I only drive when I have to, pack lunches for school, dont go to the movies much, dont go clubbing or anything of that crap, alot stays in my savings account

Old Post 10-01-2008 05:05 AM
G-ZUS is offline Click Here to See the Profile for G-ZUS Click here to Send G-ZUS a Private Message Find more posts by G-ZUS Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Melinda

What I drive: Highlander
Posts/Day: 0.48
Trader Rating: (18)
User Rating: 101%

quote:

Complained about some uber shitty service we received at a dealership in Calgary and got two free oil changes as compensation

www.melindagombert.com

Old Post 10-01-2008 05:07 AM
Melinda is online now Click Here to See the Profile for Melinda Click here to Send Melinda a Private Message Visit Melinda's homepage! Find more posts by Melinda Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
A790
PC Principal

What I drive: A future rustbucket.
Posts/Day: 1.31
Trader Rating: (68)

quote:

Originally posted by Canmorite
A week makes a world of difference

Great idea though. Hopefully other people will stop pissing away money.

Haha, I stand by what I said- 60% of my income goes to savings.

Originally posted by chkolny541

Can we take this thread seriously please? If you have nothing to contribute, don't say anything.

Internet Marketing Solutions for Small Businesses & Niche Content Websites.

No contracts, just results. Websites, SEO, PPC, Content Creation. SEO & Marketing Solutions by SimplifiedSEO.com

Old Post 10-01-2008 05:09 AM
A790 is offline Click Here to See the Profile for A790 Click here to Send A790 a Private Message Find more posts by A790 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
msommers
Fourth Gear

What I drive: 10' 4Runner SR5
Posts/Day: 1.39
Trader Rating: (44)
User Rating: 98%

quote:

Originally posted by broken_legs
I'm also putting 250-500/pay check into a high interest cash account. My goal is to have about 10k sitting in there just in case like many personal finance books recommend

Now when you say high interest, how high is that? And what bank/company? Since I pulled out my non-registered account funds, they have been sitting in my "savings" account gaining an enormous 0.1%. Woooo

Old Post 10-01-2008 05:20 AM
msommers is offline Click Here to See the Profile for msommers Click here to Send msommers a Private Message Find more posts by msommers Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Rat Fink
Second Gear

What I drive:
Posts/Day: 0.32

quote:

Just got a roommate...hello to an extra 400/month!

Old Post 10-01-2008 05:41 AM
Rat Fink is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Rat Fink Click here to Send Rat Fink a Private Message Find more posts by Rat Fink Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
97'Scort
Second Gear

What I drive: '97 BMW 328is M-Sport
Posts/Day: 0.53
Trader Rating: (9)

quote:

Considering renting out the driveway to pay for the stuff we all use around the house (cleaning supplies, salt, pepper, coffee filters, TV).

Originally posted by FraserB
I think their main complaint is that they did not receive the stolen property they paid for.

Old Post 10-01-2008 06:11 AM
97'Scort is offline Click Here to See the Profile for 97'Scort Click here to Send 97'Scort a Private Message Visit 97'Scort's homepage! Find more posts by 97'Scort Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
The time now is 06:29 PM (GMT) Post New Thread   

Last Thread   Next Thread
Beyond.ca - Car Forums : Powered by vBulletin version 2.3.9 Beyond.ca - Car Forums > Lounge > Real Estate / Finance > Beyond's Official "Saving" Thread- Post Your Savings Here!

Show Printable Version | Email this Page | Subscribe to this Thread

Forum Rules: