My Ride
    '15 GTI

transit cops with guns...fail

My Ride
    GC8 Sti R

BART officers are actually fully trained police officers

My Ride
    '15 GTI

hmm didn't know that, i figured that transit cops are more necessarily armed down there but didn't want to "only in america" the whole thing

My Ride
    VW Scirocco GT

Don't get the whole thing and why are there two cops just standing there if the man was struggling or whatever he did to get shot...

My Ride
    2011 Audi TTs

Originally posted by three.eighteen.
    hmm didn't know that, i figured that transit cops are more necessarily armed down there but didn't want to "only in america" the whole thing
    then i will.

only in america...

I love the bart most efficient transit system ever!

My Ride
    18 Model S, 20 Macan S, 67 Camaro & 11 SLS

love the bart, and all the entertainment on it... especially when you go through sketchy cities

My Ride
    Bicycle

One word: Oakland.

My Ride
    CBR600RR

Other witnesses said Grant was lying on his stomach on the station's platform when he was shot.

Seriously? Wow, RIP if that's true.
    In reference to Rob Anders:
    Originally posted by ZenOps
    Hes not really that bad...

My Ride

Originally posted by Xtrema
    One word: Oakland.
    Exactly.

My Ride
    GC8 Sti R

The guy was faced down

My Ride
    957,958,NC1,NC3,E90,ITR

Originally posted by Jlude
    love the bart, and all the entertainment on it... especially when you go through sketchy cities
    i wouldn't call someone getting shot in the back entertainment...

My Ride
    Das Fahrenheit

What was everyone doing there anyway? Yelling and screaming at what?
    Originally posted by 89coupe
    I do get great service there, especially when I mention my name, haha.

My Ride
    the bandwagon!

with all the yelling and n bombs being dropped around the video, its hard to tell whats really going on. Doesn't really seem like they weren't a hostile crowd whatsoever

My Ride
    2008 BBP Accord Coupe

"Just stay on your toes man
    In this world that's just how it goes man
    In Oak-land, gotta get with the program"
    "A nation can survive its fools, and even the ambitious. But it cannot survive treason from within. An enemy at the gates is less formidable, for he is known and carries his banner openly. But the traitor moves amongst those within the gate freely, his sly whispers rustling through all the alleys, heard in the very halls of government itself. For the traitor appears not a traitor; he speaks in accents familiar to his victims, and he wears their face and their arguments, he appeals to the baseness that lies deep in the hearts of all men. He rots the soul of a nation, he works secretly and unknown in the night to undermine the pillars of the city, he infects the body politic so that it can no longer resist. A murderer is less to fear. The traitor is the plague.”
    —Cicero, Roman statesman and lawyer

from what i can tell in the video, the guy who got shot was arguing and threatening the officers for at least 3 minutes. he is shown standing in this threatening manner even about 10 seconds before you hear the gunshot. he then goes out of view for about 5 seconds, and then is shown struggling on the ground with an officer right before the gun goes off. the dude was definitely NOT laying on the ground, but I can see why witness reports would say that cause that crowd was a mob, and definitely against those officers. his family is suing bart for $25 million - what a fucking joke. maybe they should have taught him to avoid train 'brawls' at 2 am, and to listen to police officers instead of taunting and attacking them.

i'm guessing he attacked an officer and tried to reach for his gun or was otherwise armed when the officer fired.

the rest of those cops looked totally pro to me. they seemed to be doing a really good job holding things together despite having all these trashy, ghetto motherfuckers yelling at them when they are just trying to do their jobs and keep the transit system safe.

when i was younger, i used to absolutely hate cops, but as I get older i realize just how important their job is for a safe and functional society, and just how damn difficult it can be sometimes.

Which one was shot? The guy towards the back or the one towards the front to the left near the train?

The video is so shitty you can barely see what happened.

edit: This shows a better view, and I'm shocked. http://www.liveleak.com/view?i=b86_1231214111

To me it shows the officers struggling with the man, then when he is face down, one officer reaches for his gun, aims and then while trying to stand he fires the gun. That's when the other officers back away.

Did the cop accidentally get his gun instead of a taser? Was he going to use a gun just to keep the guy on the ground and cover him then accidentally fired it? I'm guessing he accidentally fired it as even he backed away surprised like the other officers.
    Last edited by BlackArcher101; 01-06-2009 at 12:17 PM.

My Ride

Originally posted by gpomp
    i wouldn't call someone getting shot in the back entertainment...
    I wasn't referring to that... I was referring to the thug punks fighting each other and the funny shit the homeless people do.

You're right. Someone getting shot is NOT funny.

Originally posted by BlackArcher101
    Which one was shot? The guy towards the back or the one towards the front to the left near the train?

The video is so shitty you can barely see what happened.

edit: This shows a better view, and I'm shocked. http://www.liveleak.com/view?i=b86_1231214111

To me it shows the officers struggling with the man, then when he is face down, one officer reaches for his gun, aims and then while trying to stand he fires the gun. That's when the other officers back away.

Did the cop accidentally get his gun instead of a taser? Was he going to use a gun just to keep the guy on the ground and cover him then accidentally fired it? I'm guessing he accidentally fired it as even he backed away surprised like the other officers.
    yea, that video has a better view but unfortunately no sound, so it's hard to tell exactly when the gun goes off.

since the video is so far away, though, it's really difficult to tell what is going on except that the guy is obviously struggling and it's taking two officers to try and get him into cuffs, which isn't working.

maybe the dude was armed or reaching for the officers gun. who knows? but i still don't know how the family can be blaming the officers for this. it's not like they want to just randomly kill people. this guy was involved with a 2 am brawl on the BART, and was then resisting arrest and fighting with officers who are there to protect the safety of bay area citizens on the trains. that's the risk you run if you're gonna run around like a thug.
    Last edited by nonlinear; 01-06-2009 at 12:31 PM.

Page 1 of 4 1 2 ... LastLast