Beyond.ca

Registration is free! Car Forums - Member Rides Car Forums - Find other members Car Forums - Calendar Car Forums - Frequently Asked Questions Forum Rules and Regulations Car Forums - Search Logout
Beyond.ca - Car Forums : Powered by vBulletin version 2.3.9 Beyond.ca - Car Forums > Lounge > Real Estate / Finance > Official Short-term Investments Thread Thread Rating: 3 votes, 4.67 average.

Author
Thread
szw
Second Gear

What I drive:
Posts/Day: 0.38
Trader Rating: (3)
User Rating: 100%

Good investments? quote:

Any ideas for good investments right now? I just wanna put my money somewhere so I won't spend it, and also earn some more with it.

Report this post | IP: Logged

Old Post 11-08-2003 06:26 PM
szw is offline Click Here to See the Profile for szw Click here to Send szw a Private Message Find more posts by szw Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote

pinoyhero
Second Gear

What I drive: '10 RX350 & '08 e90 335i
Posts/Day: 0.41
Trader Rating: (13)
User Rating: 99%

quote:

Tough question, after the year the market has had its tough to think things are going to stay hot, if your not too market savy I would head to your bank and have them profile your risk tolerance for a mut. fund.

Old Post 11-08-2003 06:45 PM
pinoyhero is offline Click Here to See the Profile for pinoyhero Click here to Send pinoyhero a Private Message Visit pinoyhero's homepage! Find more posts by pinoyhero Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
szw
Second Gear

What I drive:

quote:

Dont know much about financial stuff at all...any recommended books to start learning? There were just too many out there and I couldn't decide which good books to buy (or online reading material)?

Old Post 11-08-2003 07:03 PM
szw is offline Click Here to See the Profile for szw Click here to Send szw a Private Message Find more posts by szw Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
pinoyhero
Second Gear

quote:

Originally posted by szw
Dont know much about financial stuff at all...any recommended books to start learning? There were just too many out there and I couldn't decide which good books to buy (or online reading material)?

I would prefer to answer this in my question thread so others can see it but in any case, depending on your level of education to this point a decent start would be the canadian securities course. Even if you don't want to pass or take the test the books are quite useful for entry level finance.

Old Post 11-08-2003 07:34 PM
pinoyhero is offline Click Here to See the Profile for pinoyhero Click here to Send pinoyhero a Private Message Visit pinoyhero's homepage! Find more posts by pinoyhero Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Shaolin
First Gear

What I drive:
Posts/Day: 0.14
Trader Rating: (29)

quote:

You might want to talk to your broker and see what kind of tips they can give you. Like pinoy says, on your spare time try taking the CSC.. I'm telling you now, the course is intense.

Old Post 11-08-2003 07:49 PM
Shaolin is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Shaolin Click here to Send Shaolin a Private Message Find more posts by Shaolin Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Davetronz
Formerly FastDak318

What I drive:
Posts/Day: 0.14
Trader Rating: (8)

quote:

I am one sorry unit, my parents deal with all my investments.
I know how much I have, and thats about it...

Old Post 11-09-2003 07:36 AM
Davetronz is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Davetronz Click here to Send Davetronz a Private Message Find more posts by Davetronz Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
roopi
Second Gear

What I drive:
Posts/Day: 0.31
Trader Rating: (49)
User Rating: 237%

quote:

www.investopedia.com

Check out some of the beginner tutorials maybe?

Old Post 11-09-2003 07:26 PM
roopi is offline Click Here to See the Profile for roopi Click here to Send roopi a Private Message Find more posts by roopi Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Weapon_R

What I drive: 335i
Posts/Day: 1.63
Trader Rating: (101)

quote:

Buy some land in bearspaw

Originally posted by r3cc0s
Felon or Mistermeiner

Old Post 11-09-2003 07:42 PM
Weapon_R is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Weapon_R Click here to Send Weapon_R a Private Message Find more posts by Weapon_R Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
3G
Banned

What I drive: cd7 coupe
Posts/Day: 0.52
Trader Rating: (39)

quote:

go to the bank and ask for the highest interest paying account!

Old Post 11-09-2003 07:48 PM
3G is offline Click Here to See the Profile for 3G Click here to Send 3G a Private Message Find more posts by 3G Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
pinoyhero
Second Gear

quote:

Originally posted by Mx6GtTurbo
go to the bank and ask for the highest interest paying account!

Yes do that and they might give you .5%!

Old Post 11-09-2003 07:52 PM
4G63Power
Neutral

What I drive:
Posts/Day: 0.06
Trader Rating: (4)

quote:

Originally posted by pinoyhero

you can get quite a bit more than that

Old Post 11-09-2003 08:41 PM
4G63Power is offline Click Here to See the Profile for 4G63Power Click here to Send 4G63Power a Private Message Find more posts by 4G63Power Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
3G
Banned

What I drive: cd7 coupe
Posts/Day: 0.52
Trader Rating: (39)

quote:

Originally posted by pinoyhero

Originally posted by 4G63Power

you can get quite a bit more than that

I've been hearing people are getting 5% and shit depending on the amount

Old Post 11-09-2003 08:56 PM
3G is offline Click Here to See the Profile for 3G Click here to Send 3G a Private Message Find more posts by 3G Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Weapon_R

What I drive: 335i
Posts/Day: 1.63
Trader Rating: (101)

quote:

A place on 16th avenue (small financial place) is giving 4.5%, but you have to lock it in for 5 years. It's pretty worthless.

I locked in at First calgary at 10% for 5 years in 1999 - those were the good old days.

Originally posted by r3cc0s
Felon or Mistermeiner

Old Post 11-09-2003 09:00 PM
Weapon_R is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Weapon_R Click here to Send Weapon_R a Private Message Find more posts by Weapon_R Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
szw
Second Gear

What I drive:

quote:

Yeah I can get 5%, i'm looking for something a bit more.

Old Post 11-10-2003 12:20 AM
Paul
First Gear

What I drive: Porsche / Audi / Nissan
Posts/Day: 0.09

quote:

man, i got some really hot stock tips right now, but not having my CSC i can get in a lot of trouble for offering advice. Do some research on a company that you have interest in, start an account with a discount brokerage and start investing. Learning on your own is the best way, i will have my Finance Degree at the end of April, but almost everything i have learned is through personal experience. One such discount brokerage you can try is Action Direct through the Royal Bank, but you'll first have to be approved. Try your local Bank branch as they will likely have services to offer you similar to these.

Old Post 11-10-2003 01:00 AM
Paul is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Paul Click here to Send Paul a Private Message Find more posts by Paul Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
pinoyhero
Second Gear

quote:

Originally posted by Paul
man, i got some really hot stock tips right now, but not having my CSC i can get in a lot of trouble for offering advice. Do some research on a company that you have interest in, start an account with a discount brokerage and start investing. Learning on your own is the best way, i will have my Finance Degree at the end of April, but almost everything i have learned is through personal experience. One such discount brokerage you can try is Action Direct through the Royal Bank, but you'll first have to be approved. Try your local Bank branch as they will likely have services to offer you similar to these.

There are no issues with recommending stocks, you can't get into trouble. If you had your CSC and you started giving tips to people, claiming that you were certified you would probably get into even more trouble. Post your hot stock, lets see it...

The problem with trading your own portfolio is that you have to have enough money to cover your fees, trading a small account is tough.

Old Post 11-10-2003 04:18 AM
Paul
First Gear

quote:

Aber, mines diamonds in the NWT, ownership of 40% of Diavak partnership. Expectations that their kimerlite pipes hold nearly 10% of the worlds diamonds. 2 major player's trying to buy them out as they can't afford to let this little company become a major player in this market (de Beer's and Rio Tinto). They have already made contracts to sell diamonds to Tiffany's (and already sold some). Canadian diamonds are of the best quality.

Ticker: ABZ on the TSX

Gonna retire when the stock hits $60.00

Old Post 11-11-2003 08:31 PM
Paul is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Paul Click here to Send Paul a Private Message Find more posts by Paul Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
4G63Power
Neutral

What I drive:
Posts/Day: 0.06
Trader Rating: (4)

quote:

Originally posted by Paul
Aber, mines diamonds in the NWT, ownership of 40% of Diavak partnership. Expectations that their kimerlite pipes hold nearly 10% of the worlds diamonds. 2 major player's trying to buy them out as they can't afford to let this little company become a major player in this market (de Beer's and Rio Tinto). They have already made contracts to sell diamonds to Tiffany's (and already sold some). Canadian diamonds are of the best quality.

Ticker: ABZ on the TSX

Gonna retire when the stock hits $60.00

I regret not buying when they were at $20 bucks, but I was in school and had little money to invest at the time

Old Post 11-11-2003 09:08 PM
4G63Power is offline Click Here to See the Profile for 4G63Power Click here to Send 4G63Power a Private Message Find more posts by 4G63Power Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
89coupe
Third Gear

What I drive: BMW 750i M Sport
Posts/Day: 0.49
Trader Rating: (1)
User Rating: 98%

quote:

Here is a better buy. BME on the TSX they have a 1000BOE/day Nisku well shut in until tied into facility. They are drilling two more wells on the same play. This will more then double their production. Watch the stock hit $2.00 or more by next summer.

They are trading at $1.06 right now...you do the math

Old Post 11-11-2003 09:30 PM
89coupe is offline Click Here to See the Profile for 89coupe Click here to Send 89coupe a Private Message Visit 89coupe's homepage! Find more posts by 89coupe Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Paul
First Gear

quote:

my average share price on Aber was 16bux, been holding for a couple of years. I think one of the companies is getting ready to buy it

Old Post 11-11-2003 11:23 PM
The time now is 02:35 AM (GMT) Post New Thread   

Last Thread   Next Thread
Beyond.ca - Car Forums : Powered by vBulletin version 2.3.9 Beyond.ca - Car Forums > Lounge > Real Estate / Finance > Official Short-term Investments Thread Thread Rating: 3 votes, 4.67 average.

Show Printable Version | Email this Page | Subscribe to this Thread

Forum Rules: