Beyond.ca

Registration is free! Car Forums - Member Rides Car Forums - Find other members Car Forums - Calendar Car Forums - Frequently Asked Questions Forum Rules and Regulations Car Forums - Search Logout
Beyond.ca - Car Forums : Powered by vBulletin version 2.3.9 Beyond.ca - Car Forums > Lounge > Society / Law / Current Events / Politics > loading zone parking ticket

Author
Thread
JC522
Neutral

What I drive: G
Posts/Day: 0.07
Trader Rating: (3)
User Rating: 97%

loading zone parking ticket quote:

Okay so in front of my wife's work there's a loading zone and it's for 20 minutes. Today I got a ticket in the mail from one of those parking cars that have multiple camera's mounted on them. My hood in the picture is parked just past the loading zone sign and my window is rolled down a bit and you can see me in the picture. My question is how do they know how long i have been in the spot for because I was sitting in the car for about 15 minutes waiting for her to get off work and no one came by to chalk the tires? Am I even allowed to be stopping in a loading zone if I'm just picking someone up?

Report this post | IP: Logged

Old Post 09-04-2009 05:14 AM
JC522 is offline Click Here to See the Profile for JC522 Click here to Send JC522 a Private Message Find more posts by JC522 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote

nissanK
First Gear

What I drive: GTIR to SE-R to RDX to SLT
Posts/Day: 0.11
Trader Rating: (11)
User Rating: 98%

quote:

You should be able to fight it.

Chances are the camera car (Calgary Parking Authority) was hired to "patrol" the loading zone, but with no proof as to how long you were parked there, by purchasing a ticket, you should be in the clear. Especially if you can visibly be seen in the vehicle.

Besides, those camera cars are only supposed to patrol the new digital parking meters.

Old Post 09-04-2009 04:34 PM
nissanK is offline Click Here to See the Profile for nissanK Click here to Send nissanK a Private Message Find more posts by nissanK Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
benyl
Hayan Namja

What I drive: One from Affalterbach and Dearborn
Posts/Day: 1.64
Trader Rating: (22)
User Rating: 250%

quote:

You still have to get a ticket from the machine which is free. Also, if it was a commercial loading zone, you need a commercial plate.

Old Post 09-04-2009 04:39 PM
benyl is offline Click Here to See the Profile for benyl Click here to Send benyl a Private Message Find more posts by benyl Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
kenny
Director of Awesomeness

What I drive:
Posts/Day: 0.68
Trader Rating: (16)
User Rating: 148%

quote:

If you are still in your vehicle, then you are stopped in the loading zone and not parked. Call them up and your ticket will be withdrawn.

Old Post 09-04-2009 05:00 PM
kenny is offline Click Here to See the Profile for kenny Click here to Send kenny a Private Message Find more posts by kenny Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
PremiumRSX
First Gear

What I drive:
Posts/Day: 0.10
Trader Rating: (7)

quote:

Originally posted by benyl
You still have to get a ticket from the machine which is free.

Oh really? I had no idea, good to know, thanks.

Old Post 09-04-2009 07:56 PM
PremiumRSX is offline Click Here to See the Profile for PremiumRSX Click here to Send PremiumRSX a Private Message Find more posts by PremiumRSX Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
AndyL
Second Gear

What I drive: 4x4
Posts/Day: 0.48
Trader Rating: (9)
User Rating: 99%

quote:

Chances are - if ya call em - you'll find out they have two pictures...

And no the camera's now have replaced chalking almost entirely... No more arguments about whether that was chalk from the current or the last spot you were in...

Old Post 09-04-2009 07:57 PM
AndyL is offline Click Here to See the Profile for AndyL Click here to Send AndyL a Private Message Visit AndyL's homepage! Find more posts by AndyL Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
scat19
Banned

What I drive: has three pedals.
Posts/Day: 0.76
User Rating: 95%

quote:

Where you driving a BMW 135i?

Old Post 09-04-2009 08:20 PM
scat19 is offline Click Here to See the Profile for scat19 Click here to Send scat19 a Private Message Find more posts by scat19 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
JC522
Neutral

What I drive: G
Posts/Day: 0.07

quote:

nope never owned a bmw in my life. Anyways ya I called them and they sent to their site to fill out a review on the matter. Actually now that you mentioned it, after a minute of me parking the camera car came around and i didn't think anything about it and then about 15 minutes later I think he came back cause I saw another camera car. And ya I was back to pick up my gf today and near the loading zone sign there was a zone sign with the numbers to enter into the parking pay machine so i guess you do have to get a ticket even in the loading zone, didn't know that

Last edited by JC522 on 04-11-2017 at 01:37 AM

Old Post 09-04-2009 09:51 PM
JC522 is offline Click Here to See the Profile for JC522 Click here to Send JC522 a Private Message Find more posts by JC522 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
TorqueDog
First Gear

What I drive: '07 BMW 335i
Posts/Day: 0.25
Trader Rating: (0)
User Rating: 100%

quote:

Originally posted by scat19
Where you driving a BMW 135i?

He didn't say he was driving a BMW 135i - why would you ask him where he was driving one?

Old Post 09-04-2009 10:02 PM
TorqueDog is offline Click Here to See the Profile for TorqueDog Click here to Send TorqueDog a Private Message Find more posts by TorqueDog Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
msommers
Fourth Gear

What I drive: 10' 4Runner SR5
Posts/Day: 1.40
Trader Rating: (44)
User Rating: 98%

quote:

Originally posted by TorqueDog
He didn't say he was driving a BMW 135i - why would you ask him where he was driving one?

Maybe a circle-jerk about tint?

Old Post 09-04-2009 10:47 PM
msommers is offline Click Here to See the Profile for msommers Click here to Send msommers a Private Message Find more posts by msommers Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
dr_jared88
First Gear

What I drive:
Posts/Day: 0.13
User Rating: 101%

quote:

Originally posted by msommers

Old Post 09-04-2009 10:57 PM
dr_jared88 is offline Click Here to See the Profile for dr_jared88 Click here to Send dr_jared88 a Private Message Find more posts by dr_jared88 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
homelessman
Banned

What I drive:
Posts/Day: 0.01

quote:

Originally posted by msommers

scat is trying to be funny. Backfire

Old Post 09-04-2009 10:59 PM
homelessman is offline Click Here to See the Profile for homelessman Click here to Send homelessman a Private Message Find more posts by homelessman Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
TorqueDog
First Gear

What I drive: '07 BMW 335i
Posts/Day: 0.25

quote:

homelessman's signature
BMW from dad - sold
AUDI from dad - sold
RANGE ROVER from dad - sold
BENZ from dad - sold
ASTON MARTIN - dads but i can put it here
*SECRET CAR!!* from dad - sold
DAT DERE SUPRA from dad - sold

I love this signature. Listing cars you used to own for more than a month after you've gotten rid of them is retarded.

Old Post 09-04-2009 11:15 PM
TorqueDog is offline Click Here to See the Profile for TorqueDog Click here to Send TorqueDog a Private Message Find more posts by TorqueDog Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
homelessman
Banned

What I drive:
Posts/Day: 0.01

quote:

Originally posted by TorqueDog
Listing cars you used to own for more than a month after you've gotten rid of them is retarded.

Yeah, listing cars that you never purchased with your own $$ is retarded too.

Old Post 09-05-2009 12:25 AM
homelessman is offline Click Here to See the Profile for homelessman Click here to Send homelessman a Private Message Find more posts by homelessman Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
sridhar

What I drive:
Posts/Day: 0.00

quote:

Hi,

One question.

Regarding loading zone, https://www.calgaryparking.com/parkingtickets/tips says

"If you're dropping off or picking up a passenger in a ParkPlus zone, a small payment of even $0.25 will ensure you don't receive a ticket"

But, when i tried to purchase a ticket for the loading zone, i was able to print the receipt with my license plate number. But, it did not allow for payment. It said it is free for 20 mins.

I usually pick my kid in the evenings and parked in the loading zone a few times. I got ticketed a couple of times last wk, as i did not knew that i need to take a ticket though it is free for 20 mins. My question is, am i allowed to park in the loading zone for the 20 mins that it allowed, if i print the receipt with my license plate number? or is parking totally not allowed though you print the ticket with you license plate number?

Please advice.

Thanks,
Sridhar.

Old Post 04-10-2017 02:51 PM
sridhar is offline Click Here to See the Profile for sridhar Click here to Send sridhar a Private Message Find more posts by sridhar Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
rage2

What I drive: Ricer SUV, Lexus Coupe in Mid Life Crisis Orange
Posts/Day: 1.10
Trader Rating: (25)

quote:

Loading zones are free tickets. The Tips from your URL is for paid zones.

Originally posted by SEANBANERJEE
I have gone above and beyond what I should rightfully have to do to protect my good name

Old Post 04-10-2017 03:50 PM
rage2 is offline Click Here to See the Profile for rage2 Click here to Send rage2 a Private Message Visit rage2's homepage! Find more posts by rage2 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
sridhar

What I drive:

quote:

so, basically i can get a free ticket for the loading zone for 20 mins and park there with out any problem?

Old Post 04-10-2017 03:53 PM
sridhar is offline Click Here to See the Profile for sridhar Click here to Send sridhar a Private Message Find more posts by sridhar Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
rage2

What I drive: Ricer SUV, Lexus Coupe in Mid Life Crisis Orange
Posts/Day: 1.10
Trader Rating: (25)

quote:

Yup.

Originally posted by SEANBANERJEE
I have gone above and beyond what I should rightfully have to do to protect my good name

Old Post 04-10-2017 03:54 PM
rage2 is offline Click Here to See the Profile for rage2 Click here to Send rage2 a Private Message Visit rage2's homepage! Find more posts by rage2 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
sridhar

What I drive:

quote:

Thanks a lot for the reply. This saves me almost a dollar everyday. Yay.

Old Post 04-10-2017 03:55 PM
Mitsu3000gt
E-Gear Paddle Shifter

What I drive: 2017 Civic Hatch ST
Posts/Day: 1.80
Trader Rating: (28)
User Rating: 93%

quote:

CPA is the scum of the earth. They used to go up and down 12th ave PRE-ticketing cars. Then they would all go hang out at Tim Hortons probably to talk about what they got away with that day. I would be 6:45-6:50AM or so, and all the cars on the avenue had tickets written for 7:03, 7:06, 7:13, etc. This thread just reminded me of that.

Old Post 04-10-2017 04:19 PM
Mitsu3000gt is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Mitsu3000gt Click here to Send Mitsu3000gt a Private Message Find more posts by Mitsu3000gt Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
The time now is 03:31 AM (GMT) Post New Thread   

Last Thread   Next Thread
Beyond.ca - Car Forums : Powered by vBulletin version 2.3.9 Beyond.ca - Car Forums > Lounge > Society / Law / Current Events / Politics > loading zone parking ticket

Show Printable Version | Email this Page | Subscribe to this Thread

Forum Rules: