Quantcast
Contest: FREE gas cards (Sponsored by TomcoPDR) - Beyond.ca - Car Forums
Page 1 of 4 1 2 ... LastLast

Thread: Contest: FREE gas cards (Sponsored by TomcoPDR)

My Ride
    Lease

Default Contest: FREE gas cards

Ok let's hope I don't get banned for this... No main "reason" for this event, just bored.

What can I say, I got a weak conscience. So the story goes, I realize that I'm a sponsor here which started out as "shits and giggles" as a blog for my automotive niche trade during my return into the auto trade. Then the positive response kinda got out of hand when I started accumulating loyal Beyond customers and their referrals.

Only problem is that within my trade, I'm a single owner/operator who made it to the professional league (NOT bragging) recongized in an institutional setting. (I fix hail damaged vehicles for "YOUR" insurance companies basically; multiple that by hundreds/thousands of vehicles in an entire town/city, country wide)

With that said, I'm not one of those people who forgets who they are or where they came from. (you know those companies who's gotten so big that the owner don't give a shit about people anymore; consumers who supported them during their way up)... I still remain a ONE-MAN operator working with other one-person operators and refuse to lower myself and reputation to hire rookies to turn an extra buck as employees. (this does not work in our skill trade, the customer gets screwed with shitty quality; cuz it won't be hard for me to hire a bunch of Beyonders under my company neither)

After chatting with friends from different industries (oil rigs, auto, office). It made me realize I'm pretty fortune to still be working.

Sooooooooo... for my 2009 year hotel bonus points for working on the road, instead of cashing them to spend on some dirty girl... I've decided to redeem them for varies vendors (gift cards) and give 'em ALL away on Beyond through different sections and different contest events... Encourage members to participle and proud to be a part of a community. Kinda chessy, but whatever.

I mean considering I'm not some huge auto shop (I'm just ONE tech)... this is my way of saying "thanks" for those who's supported me in the part and continue to support me in the future... This is my way of keeping up with the big boy sponsors on here hosting huge car shows, inventory discounts, etc... I know some ppl are pretty pissed that even though I bought a warehouse bay for a shop, yet I usually turn down 9.8 out of 10 Beyond jobs , I hope you guys will understand, just like the strippers I look up to, my legs has to follow where the loonies are being tossed; that's road work... That bay is pretty much used by other auto ppl, lol... Turned into a rental property for me, lol.

Here's the first of a series of contest for some FREE SHIT

THIS Contest: Know your gas tank, guess to the closet CENT, of what your fill up will cost.

Rules:
    - Gas gauge must be BELOW half
    - Must post video (cuz I know fuckers won't be honest taking photos)
    - Keep video on at all times, of your gauge being below half (then turn engine off), video of written dollar amount of what you think the fill will be, video of ENTIRE fill up process (otherwise you will be accuse of cheating, this is Beyond you're guilty until proven innocent)
    - MUST STOP AT FIRST CLICK, video of the gas metre in a continous recording motion
    - Perfer done during day time (less chance of being accused of cheating by others)
    - Guess amount is either higher or lower (i.e. it's not like price-is-right where you go over... it's just the closest difference)

Prize: 3 seperate winners (you may only enter ONE best result) of Petro-Canada gift cards: $50, $50, $25

Time frame: - EFFECTIVE NOW... last entry MUST BE time stamped BEFORE October 18, 2009 11:59pm MST (Beyond time)... No excuses (i.e. oh I'm only late by 2 mins, etc... get your videos loaded and posted early, it's got to be fair to all)... So a 1 month running contest

Terms:
    - MUST BE CALGARY RESIDENT, other residents find your own local forums
    - Winner(s) MUST be willing to provide me with physical mailing address (I don't need your name, you can ask me to write it out to kitty boo boo fuck for all I care)
    - These will be MAILED using Canada Post snail mail, no pickups
    - If there are more winners (i.e. 4 people having perfect guess), then time stamp prevails, earner posted wins higher amount and so forth.

Disclaimer:
    - Tom Co Paintless Dent Repair Ltd. hereafter TomcoPDR.
    - Contestants agree to all terms, conditions and disclaimer by entering.
    - No purchase necessary.
    - Contestants release TomcoPDR and site owner(s) from all and unlimited to injuiries, suffering, deaths in relationship to participating in this contest.
    - Prizes in this contest have no cash value with TomcoPDR, TomcoPDR does not give a shit if you're a winner and can't use said item... Don't enter if you won't use said prize(s).
    - This contest may be modified and/or cancel without reasons and/or further compensation to contestants.
    - BY ENTERING, contestants agree to not engage in any, for whatever reasons, "lawsuits" for whatever the fuck their dumb-ass think they lost by engaging in said contest.
    - This contest is neither approved NOR dis-approved by service vendor (Petro-Canada), and is subject to their rules, which prevails.
    - This contest is neither approved NOR dis-approved by the hotel bonus points clearing house, and is subject to their rules, which prevails.
    - This contest is neither approve NOR dis-approved by Beyond.ca and/or Can West Publishing Inc. and is subject to their rules and modifications, which prevails.
    - TomcoPDR is not responsible for lost cards during contest (i.e. car broken into, hotel room raid by dishonest housekeepers, robbed).
    - No pickup, gift card(s) will be mailed to winner(s) through Canada Post snail mail in regular letter envelope.
    - Contests accepts all mistakes in address errors.
    - Contests accepts all mistakes by Canada Post.
    - TomcoPDR not responsible nor guarantee amount stated on gift cards (i.e. even though I'm not a shady fucker, but I don't have a shit clue if those amounts are accurate nor the employees at the bonus points clearing house didn't scam the amount before sending them).

GOOD LUCK!

My Ride
    Lease

Sample entry:

I know it's in the dark (try to do it in the daytime)... but I'm not entering :d

So I guessed $30.96
    Actual (on first click) $30.31

Difference = $0.65

Originally posted by TomcoPDR
    Sample entry:

I know it's in the dark (try to do it in the daytime)... but I'm not entering :d

So I guessed $30.96
    Actual (on first click) $30.31

Difference = $0.65
    Geez that is a close. This should be interesting. I love what you are doing!

hah did it for fun recorded 50.77 and got 46.53, way off.
    Mr. Peanut (Niel): George... I win

I dunno, those ideas seem like a lot of effort. Can I just have a free gift card because I'm poor? Puh-lease?

Yeah I just did it for fun, when I post my video embarrassing myself with a bad guess 2enffast can have my gift card if by some miracle I win. Are there multiple entries allowed? (didn't read the fine print lol)

edit:Thanks for the reply, I'm just not thinking tonight, it's been a long long week.
    Last edited by signature7; 09-18-2009 at 11:06 PM.
    Mr. Peanut (Niel): George... I win

My Ride
    Lease

Originally posted by 2EFNFAST
    I dunno, those ideas seem like a lot of effort. Can I just have a free gift card because I'm poor? Puh-lease?
    Just like I tell the hookers suckin' me off... no, you gotta work for yours bitch.

My Ride
    Lease

Originally posted by signature7
    Yeah I just did it for fun, when I post my video embarrassing myself with a bad guess 2enffast can have my gift card if by some miracle I win. Are there multiple entries allowed? (didn't read the fine print lol)
    There's no point in multi-entry, cuz 1 prize per member... so ppl will just be posting their BEST result (from different fills during this month)

My Ride
    SoupRYou

TomcoPDR this is awesome did it for fun also and i was pretty darn close so i cant wait woohoo
    sig kinda deleted by moderator, click here for info

My Ride
    09 WRX

Will enter, I hope my phone will record long enough for a full fill.

My Ride
    2012 GTI

what if you use pre pay at the pumps? does that count if it stops at the first click?

My Ride
    Lease

Originally posted by omfgcurtis
    what if you use pre pay at the pumps? does that count if it stops at the first click?
    Are you talking about prepaying a set amount ($20, $30), where the pump will automatically stop at those set amounts? If so, then OMFG, Curtis

If you're talking about prepaying as in swiping your credit card at the pumps, I don't see a difference than paying inside.

Edit: Yea Tik-Tok is right (it was late last night)... people will be able to judge if you're trying to cheat... So basically try keeping the camera on at all times... Just play it straight up man, you don't want to be known as a scammer or cheater on Beyond.
    Last edited by TomcoPDR; 09-19-2009 at 01:45 PM.

Are you talking about prepaying a set amount ($20, $30), where the pump will automatically stop at those set amounts?

Inventive ... or incidentally stupid

My Ride
    335xi 70 c10 84 c10 Indian chief

What about filling a bike. It doesn't click. You hold it up and spray it in till its full. Iwont enter cause I know exactly what my tank holds. Always 17 even

My Ride
    Nothing interesting anymore

It will be easy to tell those cheaters, because the pump always slows down. So even if you preapy $30.21, by the time it's at $30.00, it starts pumping slower than molasses.
    Quote Originally Posted by DonJuan View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Came back to ogle 2Legit2Quit wife's buns...
    Quote Originally Posted by Kloubek View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    They're certainly big, but I don't know if they are the BEST I've tasted.

My Ride
    06 STi

Originally posted by Tik-Tok

It will be easy to tell those cheaters, because the pump always slows down. So even if you preapy $30.21, by the time it's at $30.00, it starts pumping slower than molasses .
    hahahahahhahah fuck i hate that so much. Gonna try this and see how close i can get
    GONE

Originally posted by Skyline_Addict
    VTEC did not kick in....yo.

My Ride
    2012 GTI

Originally posted by Tik-Tok

It will be easy to tell those cheaters, because the pump always slows down. So even if you preapy $30.21, by the time it's at $30.00, it starts pumping slower than molasses.
    not trying to cheat or anything, but most of the time the diesel pump by my place is prepay inside or pay at the pump, i dont see how it would be "cheating" if i prepaid $40 and it first clicks at $36.00, sure it will slow down but it still hasnt clicked.

My Ride
    F10M/F87/NA2/W220/V90/E46ZHP/SE3P/DC2

hmm im gonna give it a try later on.

My Ride
    Lease

not trying to cheat or anything, but most of the time the diesel pump by my place is prepay inside or pay at the pump, i dont see how it would be "cheating" if i prepaid $40 and it first clicks at $36.00, sure it will slow down but it still hasnt clicked.
    I could be wrong, BUT if you "pay at the pump", it means you're swiping and authorize the gas station to hold your credit card until you're finished with filling up.

Versus if you specifically prepay exactly $39.52 before "guessing"... then of course your pump will stop and click at exactly $39.52, which isn't being honest from what I'm trying to do here.

So "fill yourself up accordingly"

My Ride
    X100 | A80

Well this didn't go as planned did it..
    Originally posted by Keiichi Tsuchiya
    The Hachiroku really brings out the beast in you.
    It's like the moon that changes a man into a werewolf.
    That is the magic of the Hachiroku.

Page 1 of 4 1 2 ... LastLast