Beyond.ca

Registration is free! Car Forums - Member Rides Car Forums - Find other members Car Forums - Calendar Car Forums - Frequently Asked Questions Forum Rules and Regulations Car Forums - Search Logout
Beyond.ca - Car Forums : Powered by vBulletin version 2.3.9 Beyond.ca - Car Forums > Lounge > Travel and Vacation > Waterway VS Twin Anchors

Author
Thread
~Leah~
First Gear

What I drive: Mom-van
Posts/Day: 0.14
Trader Rating: (5)
User Rating: 100%

Waterway VS Twin Anchors quote:

So, I did a search and haven't seen a recent thread comparing these 2 houseboating companies so I wanted to get something more updated.

Since my jealousy finally got the best of me, I'm finally planning a houseboating trip for next summer and I'm just wondering from everyone's experience, what is the best company to use? I've never really heard anything bad about Twin Anchors, and have heard several bad things about Waterway, so I'm already leaning that way... and the fact that TA books by the night instead of by the day like WW.

Experiences and opinions?

Report this post | IP: Logged

Old Post 08-09-2010 06:46 PM
~Leah~ is offline Click Here to See the Profile for ~Leah~ Click here to Send ~Leah~ a Private Message Find more posts by ~Leah~ Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote

Deetz
Second Gear

What I drive: G35X CRX Titan
Posts/Day: 0.36
Trader Rating: (93)
User Rating: 99%

quote:

imo, using both companies over the past 12 years or so, they are both pretty good. Personally, i prefer the Twin Anchors boats. Every experience has been good along with customer service for when ever you need something

Old Post 08-09-2010 07:05 PM
Deetz is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Deetz Click here to Send Deetz a Private Message Find more posts by Deetz Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
SteveMo600
First Gear

What I drive: 03' Audi A4 Quattro
Posts/Day: 0.12
Trader Rating: (43)
User Rating: 97%

quote:

I've been houseboating for 6 years in a row and have been with both companies. I would HIGHLY suggest Twin Anchors as I have had numerous problems with Waterways. The problems included various boat problems (ie. Hot Tub, Bedroom Leaks, Engine Malfunctions) as well as customer service problems. Twin Anchors is a much better company to go with in my opinion.

I'd like to give Waterways the benefit of the doubt (which I did the first couple years) but the problems seemed to occur every single year. I also saw various other people having similar issues upon docking.

I think price points are fairly similar, so it's sort of a no brainer to me.

Old Post 08-09-2010 07:15 PM
SteveMo600 is offline Click Here to See the Profile for SteveMo600 Click here to Send SteveMo600 a Private Message Find more posts by SteveMo600 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Tomaz
Second Gear

What I drive: 2011 Mustang GT
Posts/Day: 0.41
Trader Rating: (2)

quote:

I did a waterway trip last summer and was disappointed with the craft. Our hot tub leaked, BADLY, and we had no stereo on the boat. And yes, those 2 minor thing really do change the experience. After enough complaining, we were able to get out fuel and propane free of charge for our week long trip. Still, such a shame. The prices were cheaper with Waterways, but now knowing what I know... I would try out Twin Anchors.

Old Post 08-09-2010 07:34 PM
Tomaz is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Tomaz Click here to Send Tomaz a Private Message Find more posts by Tomaz Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
SOAB
First Gear

What I drive:
Posts/Day: 0.17
Trader Rating: (9)

quote:

i would suggest Twin Anchors as well. our trip with them went perfect. no problems with the boat whatsoever.

Waterways had problems right from the start. as soon as i got on the boat, i could see and feel that it was leaning to one side, like there was too much on one side. i mentioned it to the person doing the walk through with us and he said it was normal?? turns out that the fuckers didn't empty out the septic tank from the last group that had that boat!!!

our engine died a couple times on the trip and it took them 4 hours to come and check it out. so basically, we drifted for a little while than came to rest next to a fucken cliff wall...

the washrooms stunk because of the overfull septic tanks, we had a glass fall off a shelf because of the leaning boat, etc.

never will i rent a houseboat from Waterways again.

Twin Anchors had a person out to our boat within 30 minutes because we couldn't figure out how to turn the dining room table into a bed and had no sheets for it. way better service.

Old Post 08-09-2010 11:44 PM
SOAB is offline Click Here to See the Profile for SOAB Click here to Send SOAB a Private Message Find more posts by SOAB Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
TColey

What I drive:
Posts/Day: 0.00
Trader Rating: (0)

quote:

Was surfing around looking at house boating info and came across this blog. I had to respond, because my experience is totally opposite what is mostly said here. Maybe these are older postings, but I have been sailing with both Twin and Waterway over the past 7-8 summers. We go exclusively with Waterway and will be sailing with them again this summer. Their service and boats are top notch and they are always friendly and helpful. This is not a slam on Twin, just that Waterway is the class of the lake!

Old Post 05-16-2017 06:01 PM
TColey is offline Click Here to See the Profile for TColey Click here to Send TColey a Private Message Find more posts by TColey Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
ExtraSlow
Third Gear

What I drive: 2010 Recession Fighter LX
Posts/Day: 1.12
Trader Rating: (27)
User Rating: 101%

quote:

Nice advertisement. You should be a paid sponsor.

Old Post 05-16-2017 08:17 PM
ExtraSlow is offline Click Here to See the Profile for ExtraSlow Click here to Send ExtraSlow a Private Message Find more posts by ExtraSlow Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
G-ZUS
Fourth Gear

What I drive: Blue boy
Posts/Day: 1.22
Trader Rating: (124)
User Rating: 103%

quote:

Originally posted by TColey
Was surfing around looking at house boating info and came across this blog. I had to respond, because my experience is totally opposite what is mostly said here. Maybe these are older postings, but I have been sailing with both Twin and Waterway over the past 7-8 summers. We go exclusively with Waterway and will be sailing with them again this summer. Their service and boats are top notch and they are always friendly and helpful. This is not a slam on Twin, just that Waterway is the class of the lake!

Old Post 05-16-2017 08:37 PM
G-ZUS is offline Click Here to See the Profile for G-ZUS Click here to Send G-ZUS a Private Message Find more posts by G-ZUS Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Sugarphreak
Fifth Gear

What I drive: A moving pylon
Posts/Day: 2.08
Trader Rating: (4)
User Rating: 155%

quote:

Originally posted by TColey

Uh huh... very believable review, thanks for your contribution person who obviously works at Waterway

Old Post 05-16-2017 09:01 PM
Sugarphreak is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Sugarphreak Click here to Send Sugarphreak a Private Message Find more posts by Sugarphreak Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
403ep3
Second Gear

What I drive: TDi
Posts/Day: 0.41
Trader Rating: (2)
User Rating: 98%

quote:

Lol.. I prefer TA as their boats seem to be cleaner and newer

Old Post 05-16-2017 10:13 PM
403ep3 is offline Click Here to See the Profile for 403ep3 Click here to Send 403ep3 a Private Message Find more posts by 403ep3 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Mitsu3000gt
E-Gear Paddle Shifter

What I drive: 2017 Civic Hatch ST
Posts/Day: 1.80
Trader Rating: (28)
User Rating: 93%

quote:

I prefer Twin Anchors because they don't have their employees desperately scour the internet and bump 7 year old threads with fake reviews.

Old Post 05-16-2017 10:28 PM
Mitsu3000gt is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Mitsu3000gt Click here to Send Mitsu3000gt a Private Message Find more posts by Mitsu3000gt Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
lasimmon
Neutral

What I drive: 2 feet and a heartbeat
Posts/Day: 0.09

quote:

Twin anchors also moved to the other side of the train tracks starting this year. No more waiting for the train bridge to go up!

Heading out with them in July this year.

Old Post 05-16-2017 10:36 PM
lasimmon is offline Click Here to See the Profile for lasimmon Click here to Send lasimmon a Private Message Find more posts by lasimmon Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
revelations
Third Gear

What I drive: 2g Eclipse / EP3
Posts/Day: 0.99
Trader Rating: (5)
User Rating: 98%

quote:

Can one of the mods confirm a IP address out of the Shushwap Lake area?

Old Post 05-16-2017 11:03 PM
revelations is offline Click Here to See the Profile for revelations Click here to Send revelations a Private Message Find more posts by revelations Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
ExtraSlow
Third Gear

What I drive: 2010 Recession Fighter LX
Posts/Day: 1.12
Trader Rating: (27)
User Rating: 101%

quote:

New location for twin anchors would be a big bonus. That train bridge gave me heartburn in my 66 footer last time.

Old Post 05-17-2017 01:33 AM
ExtraSlow is offline Click Here to See the Profile for ExtraSlow Click here to Send ExtraSlow a Private Message Find more posts by ExtraSlow Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
gwill
Neutral

What I drive:

quote:

ive done waterways for 4 years in a row and only had issues on the one year but they dealt with it promptly. Somehow the rope they gave our massive boat was cut short from the previous renters.. had another family on a boat near ours not pointed this out we would have assumed they were all that length.

They had a replacement rope out to us within the hour so no big deal.

I wouldnt bother with twin anchors having had all but good experiences with waterways smaller boats to their largest.

My first year house boating was on a pos boat from a company that doesnt even exist anymore.. blue marina?? Still had a blast and went for many years afterwards.

Old Post 05-17-2017 02:08 AM
gwill is offline Click Here to See the Profile for gwill Click here to Send gwill a Private Message Find more posts by gwill Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
blownz
First Gear

What I drive: F10

quote:

Some of these posts make me a bit nervous... I have a 54 foot boat booked for a week with Waterways this July.

I did choose Waterways based on a co-worker that has used both and said he preferred Waterways so I will cut his pay if I have a bad experience. lol

Old Post 05-17-2017 11:20 PM
blownz is offline Click Here to See the Profile for blownz Click here to Send blownz a Private Message Find more posts by blownz Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
lasimmon
Neutral

What I drive: 2 feet and a heartbeat
Posts/Day: 0.09

quote:

Originally posted by blownz
Some of these posts make me a bit nervous... I have a 54 foot boat booked for a week with Waterways this July.

I did choose Waterways based on a co-worker that has used both and said he preferred Waterways so I will cut his pay if I have a bad experience. lol

I've done waterways and it was fine. Had 0 issues.

Both companies can have issues. But your more likely to have none.

Old Post 05-18-2017 03:40 AM
lasimmon is offline Click Here to See the Profile for lasimmon Click here to Send lasimmon a Private Message Find more posts by lasimmon Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
gwill
Neutral

What I drive:

quote:

Originally posted by blownz

the op is also many years ago. Ive done waterways smaller boats right up to their largest and the rope issue was the only issue i had. I was always paranoid that theyd charge us for cleaning or the odd broken plate but that never happened.

Overall my groups have always left the boats in as good of shape as possible.

Old Post 05-18-2017 04:57 AM
gwill is offline Click Here to See the Profile for gwill Click here to Send gwill a Private Message Find more posts by gwill Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
blownz
First Gear

What I drive: F10

quote:

haha, didn't notice the dates, thanks!

Old Post 05-18-2017 08:14 PM
blownz is offline Click Here to See the Profile for blownz Click here to Send blownz a Private Message Find more posts by blownz Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
The time now is 04:01 AM (GMT) Post New Thread   
  Last Thread   Next Thread
Beyond.ca - Car Forums : Powered by vBulletin version 2.3.9 Beyond.ca - Car Forums > Lounge > Travel and Vacation > Waterway VS Twin Anchors

Show Printable Version | Email this Page | Subscribe to this Thread

Forum Rules: