Location: calgary What I drive: bird Posts/Day: 0.12
Trader Rating:(0) User Rating: 98%
Anyone else have netflix usa in canada? I got mine set up, wasn't very hard, and there is more than 10x more content than the Canada version
Okay here's the steps:
1. http://usvideo.org/ sign up on there
2. follow the directions depending on what kind of router you have. It is just editing the dns server under your router page.
3. go to safeway or such and buy a prepaid visa card.
4. on the card there is a website, go there and register your card with a usa address. I used a car dealership.
5. make sure under country you still pick canada.
6. now when you go on usa netflix it won't say sorry you are not in the usa. You can proceed to sign up.
7. use the same info you used registering your prepaid visa.
8. Good to go!
When signing up for the usvideo, you can use a normal visa, or paypal.
Last edited by stealth131 on 02-16-2011 at 05:31 PM
Location: Accra What I drive: 08 Outie Posts/Day: 0.20
Trader Rating:(12) User Rating: 100%
Originally posted by stealth131 All I did was spoof the router dns so it makes it appear that my i.p is in USA, then use a prepaid credit card from safeway. Sign up with any usa address and postal code, and then you're good to go.
Works on any device in my network. we have usa netflix running on xbox, 3 pc's
Interesting can you give a bit more detail in regards to spoofing the router dns. I use paypal to pay my Canadian Netflix... will it work if I am able to spoof the router?
Do you understand the words that are coming out of your mouth?
Location: Calgary/Alberta What I drive: 2013 Ram 1500 Posts/Day: 0.32
Trader Rating:(39) User Rating: 96%
Originally posted by sputnik It's only a matter of time before Netflix starts blocking USVideo IP addresses.
Several forums I frequent have said Hulu is starting to block UsVideo and Netflix will be next on the list.
Having both a USA Netflix and Canada Netflix account I can honestly say for the extra $8 bucks a month IMO the additional content is not worth double the price; especially with the growth of titles Canada Netflix goes through each month.
However Canada Netflix really needs to work on its search features, its extremely weak that over 55% of all titles can only be found with a direct title search.
E .· ` ' / ·. F
Your tears fuel me