Beyond.ca

Registration is free! Car Forums - Member Rides Car Forums - Find other members Car Forums - Calendar Car Forums - Frequently Asked Questions Forum Rules and Regulations Car Forums - Search Logout
Beyond.ca - Car Forums : Powered by vBulletin version 2.3.9 Beyond.ca - Car Forums > Lounge > Computers, Consoles, and other Electronics > Netflix USA

Author
Thread
stealth131
Banned

What I drive: bird
Posts/Day: 0.14
Trader Rating: (0)
User Rating: 98%

Netflix USA quote:

Anyone else have netflix usa in canada? I got mine set up, wasn't very hard, and there is more than 10x more content than the Canada version

Okay here's the steps:

1. http://usvideo.org/ sign up on there
2. follow the directions depending on what kind of router you have. It is just editing the dns server under your router page.
3. go to safeway or such and buy a prepaid visa card.
4. on the card there is a website, go there and register your card with a usa address. I used a car dealership.
5. make sure under country you still pick canada.
6. now when you go on usa netflix it won't say sorry you are not in the usa. You can proceed to sign up.
7. use the same info you used registering your prepaid visa.
8. Good to go!

When signing up for the usvideo, you can use a normal visa, or paypal.

Last edited by stealth131 on 02-16-2011 at 05:31 PM

Report this post | IP: Logged

Old Post 02-16-2011 03:23 PM
stealth131 is offline Click Here to See the Profile for stealth131 Click here to Send stealth131 a Private Message Find more posts by stealth131 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote

sputnik
Third Gear

What I drive:
Posts/Day: 0.71
Trader Rating: (4)
User Rating: 99%

Re: Netflix USA quote:

Originally posted by stealth131
Anyone else have netflix usa in canada? I got mine set up, wasn't very hard, and there is more than 10x more content than the Canada version

Care to make your thread remotely useful by detailing how you are able to use a US Netflix account in Canada?

Old Post 02-16-2011 03:24 PM
sputnik is offline Click Here to See the Profile for sputnik Click here to Send sputnik a Private Message Find more posts by sputnik Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Despair*
First Gear

What I drive:
Posts/Day: 0.17
Trader Rating: (1)
User Rating: 100%

quote:

^ +1

I wouldn't mind hearing as well.

Old Post 02-16-2011 03:30 PM
Despair* is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Despair* Click here to Send Despair* a Private Message Find more posts by Despair* Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
stealth131
Banned

quote:

All I did was spoof the router dns so it makes it appear that my i.p is in USA, then use a prepaid credit card from safeway. Sign up with any usa address and postal code, and then you're good to go.

Works on any device in my network. we have usa netflix running on xbox, 3 pc's

Old Post 02-16-2011 03:56 PM
stealth131 is offline Click Here to See the Profile for stealth131 Click here to Send stealth131 a Private Message Find more posts by stealth131 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
afrotl
First Gear

What I drive: 08 Outie
Posts/Day: 0.21
Trader Rating: (12)

quote:

All I did was spoof the router dns so it makes it appear that my i.p is in USA, then use a prepaid credit card from safeway. Sign up with any usa address and postal code, and then you're good to go.

Works on any device in my network. we have usa netflix running on xbox, 3 pc's

Interesting can you give a bit more detail in regards to spoofing the router dns. I use paypal to pay my Canadian Netflix... will it work if I am able to spoof the router?

Old Post 02-16-2011 04:22 PM
afrotl is offline Click Here to See the Profile for afrotl Click here to Send afrotl a Private Message Find more posts by afrotl Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
stealth131
Banned

quote:

Originally posted by afrotl

Interesting can you give a bit more detail in regards to spoofing the router dns. I use paypal to pay my Canadian Netflix... will it work if I am able to spoof the router?

No it will not, that's what I wanted to do, but you need to use the prepaid ones (the easiest way), for 50 dollar prepaid card thats like 6 months of netflix.

mod sticky this and I'll write up a quick guide to setting it up in full detail.

Old Post 02-16-2011 04:36 PM
adidas
First Gear

What I drive: is Invisible
Posts/Day: 0.28
User Rating: 95%

quote:

in 4 later

Old Post 02-16-2011 04:38 PM
adidas is offline Click Here to See the Profile for adidas Click here to Send adidas a Private Message Find more posts by adidas Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
sputnik
Third Gear

What I drive:

quote:

All I did was spoof the router dns so it makes it appear that my i.p is in USA

Huh?

That doesn't make any technical sense.

I would suspect that they would base your country of origin based on ARIN records making "DNS spoofing" useless.

I can see if you were using a proxy located in the US. However the bandwidth on those are rarely fast.

Old Post 02-16-2011 04:44 PM
sputnik is offline Click Here to See the Profile for sputnik Click here to Send sputnik a Private Message Find more posts by sputnik Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
stealth131
Banned

quote:

I use a service from usvideo. It doesn't slow down the network at all, i still play games with low ping and stream hd video fine

Old Post 02-16-2011 05:01 PM
sputnik
Third Gear

What I drive:

quote:

I use a service from usvideo. It doesn't slow down the network at all, i still play games with low ping and stream hd video fine

So essentially you pay $50/year for a US proxy service.

Not exactly rocket science here.

Old Post 02-16-2011 05:03 PM
stealth131
Banned

quote:

I said it wasn't very hard to set up, just trying to help anyone who is interested in the same thing.

Old Post 02-16-2011 05:14 PM
dirtsniffer
Second Gear

What I drive:
Posts/Day: 0.70
Trader Rating: (14)
User Rating: 92%

quote:

I don't know how to do it, I would appreciate i write up and so would my friend. netflix here doesn't even compare

Originally posted by ExtraSlow
This thread is great, finally we are mixing the regular hate and intolerance with some actual car talk.

Old Post 02-16-2011 05:16 PM
dirtsniffer is offline Click Here to See the Profile for dirtsniffer Click here to Send dirtsniffer a Private Message Find more posts by dirtsniffer Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
stealth131
Banned

quote:

Okay, I'm going to edit the original post with a write up

Old Post 02-16-2011 05:18 PM
adidas
First Gear

What I drive: is Invisible
Posts/Day: 0.28
User Rating: 95%

quote:

Go to usvideo.org and crunch in some info that is required and u are good to go.

Just read about it on another site. I think its 7/month for usvideo's service.

EDIT: DONT GO TO USVIDEO.COM by accident, NSFW

Old Post 02-16-2011 05:23 PM
adidas is offline Click Here to See the Profile for adidas Click here to Send adidas a Private Message Find more posts by adidas Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
stealth131
Banned

quote:

it is a 5 a month for me. works to be 13 a month for netflix. but you can also use hulu and pandora now too.

Old Post 02-16-2011 05:24 PM
sputnik
Third Gear

What I drive:

quote:

It's only a matter of time before Netflix starts blocking USVideo IP addresses.

Old Post 02-16-2011 05:56 PM
stealth131
Banned

quote:

I wouldn't worry about that, not like netflix cares they're making money.

Old Post 02-16-2011 08:12 PM
reno97637
Neutral

What I drive: is hella cheap.
Posts/Day: 0.05
Trader Rating: (5)

quote:

What type of prepaid credit card did you get? I got a Vanilla Mastercard and when I try to make a Netflix Account, they detect that I'm trying to use a prepaid card.

Old Post 02-18-2011 04:17 AM
reno97637 is offline Click Here to See the Profile for reno97637 Click here to Send reno97637 a Private Message Find more posts by reno97637 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
big A
Neutral

What I drive: 2011 Elantra 2004 Expedition
Posts/Day: 0.07

quote:

I was gonna set up netflix this weekend. Looks like my plans slightly changed.

Old Post 02-18-2011 04:34 AM
big A is offline Click Here to See the Profile for big A Click here to Send big A a Private Message Find more posts by big A Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Kavy
First Gear

What I drive: 2013 Ram 1500
Posts/Day: 0.33
Trader Rating: (38)
User Rating: 96%

quote:

Originally posted by sputnik
It's only a matter of time before Netflix starts blocking USVideo IP addresses.

Several forums I frequent have said Hulu is starting to block UsVideo and Netflix will be next on the list.

Having both a USA Netflix and Canada Netflix account I can honestly say for the extra $8 bucks a month IMO the additional content is not worth double the price; especially with the growth of titles Canada Netflix goes through each month.

However Canada Netflix really needs to work on its search features, its extremely weak that over 55% of all titles can only be found with a direct title search.

Last edited by Kavy on 02-18-2011 at 05:47 AM

Old Post 02-18-2011 05:37 AM
Kavy is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Kavy Click here to Send Kavy a Private Message Find more posts by Kavy Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
The time now is 01:43 PM (GMT) Post New Thread   

Last Thread   Next Thread

Show Printable Version | Email this Page | Subscribe to this Thread

Forum Rules: