Quantcast
Pizza Hut (Chessy Bites) - Beyond.ca - Car Forums

Thread: Pizza Hut (Chessy Bites)

My Ride
    Lease

Default Pizza Hut (Chessy Bites)

This goes to show television advertising does work (even if you can sucker someone just once)

Been plastered with these Pizza Hut "Chessy Bites" commercials all around, personally I'm not a big Pizza Hut fan, haven't been there for years (5-8 year+). I believe my fondest memory of this place/corporation was 20 years ago when we were so poor that my brother and I took turns exchanging signatures on that Pizza Hut sponsored school reading program. (where if the kid reads 5-8 books, their parents sign off, and the kid redeems a free small pizza).

Called them up and the operator offered a current promotion 1 large chessy bite, 10 wings, 2L pop for $25.99... sure why not.

When the driver came, the total with delivery ended up to be $38.75 (looked into it further after eating, it was 1 large ONE 1 topping, we ordered a "pepperoni lover" which cost $21.99 just for the pizza, but ironically the only thing (TOPPING) that's on the pepperoni lover was the pepperoni, lol)

The pizza was COD, cold on delivery. Burnt. The chessy bites looks nothing like the commercial, stale/cold cheese. You're better off heading to your local Superstore buying a loaf of discount bread, wrap it around a cheese string, throw it in the mircowave for 30 sec.

The 1 topping, oh sorry, "Pepperoni Lover" was so thin and tasteless, felt like it was made by some poorly funded junior high home-ed. class.

The $8.99 wings were great, while the full joyful basket of 10 lasted.

Service (phone operator) 1/5: He should had just told me the pepperoni lover was a ripoff and basically the same as a 1 topping; pepperoni.

Price 1/5: $40 forty buck for one large, 10 wings, 2L pop... Definitely way better pizza deals in comparsion out there.

Food 1.9/5: Their "Wing Street" wings weren't too bad... Truely awful pizza, disgusted, dissapointed, still fuckin' hungry... I still can't believe that was delivery.

Serviced by 15422 Bannister Road SE Midnapore location.

My Ride
    Kia Sportage

Dang I was gonna try this out. Good thing I've been too busy lately and saw your review before I ordered.

My Ride
    93 240sx SE, 17 Infiniti Q50S, 2008 Highlander

Pizza Hut pizza is really garbage BUT its cheap eats. I never eat there either cept for when they had unlimited toppings deal and I bought a large with 15 toppings with stuffed crust. The cheese was hard and chewy
    Originally posted by GTS Jeff
    You know those bored stay at home moms who's entire lives revolve around driving their kids to soccer, various cleaning accessories, and worrying about neighbourhood rapists? The kind of people that watch the View and go "uh huh..." Those unfulfilled people who try to fill the void in their empty lives by writing whiny letters to the editor complaining about shit that no one really cares about?

Well imagine if instead of writing that letter to the editor, she just posts on a car forum for car enthusiasts. That's Kritafo.

My Ride
    Lease

Originally posted by dj_rice
    Pizza Hut pizza is really garbage BUT its cheap eats. I never eat there either cept for when they had unlimited toppings deal and I bought a large with 15 toppings with stuffed crust. The cheese was hard and chewy
    No, Pizza Pizza in Ontario is cheap (pizza) eats.

My Ride
    2015 Ford Focus SE

Maybe you should learn to cook yourself...
    Originally posted by rage2 in 2002
    Shit, there's only 49 users here, I doubt we'll even break 100.

My Ride
    Red with stripes and a shitbox truck

After discovering places like Vogglio's/Pizza Bob's/Rea's/Avatara, I never order from any of the 'fast food' type places anymore. The prices are almost comparable at this point too.

Priced out for the exact same meal: A large Vogglio Special, dozen wings, and a 2L = $37.25 (with tax)

Sure you have to go pick it up, but you KNOW it's gonna be fucking awesome. So to solve the problem of having to drive, you have to pay premium prices for sub-par food. The only way this would be viable is if I had been drinking and wouldn't drive.

Life is too short for shitty pizza

My Ride
    S14|TB1

everytime theres the cheesy bites promo, all i can think of is this classic:

http://babypizza.ytmnd.com/

I'm guilty of the same thing....wait a super long time since a previous visit, see a tempting fast food or restaurant commercial on TV and try it again. EVERY SINGLE TIME I am disappointed, so I don't know why I don't learn haha. Pizza Hut has to be the worst offender though, I have never had a single acceptable piece of pizza from them. It is so bad I can't even believe it - much like you describe.

Western Pizza and Sammy's Pizza are pretty good I find if you just need some quick food for a party or something. A lot probably depends on the location, who is working, etc. because all it takes is one shitty pizza to ruin someone's opinion of a particular place.

My Ride
    '21 F150 PowerBoost

I am currently LOVING vern's pizza! fucking awesome, at least to me. I just wish I was not on my diet, I would be ordering it for dinner lol
    Boosted life tip #329
    Girlfriends cost money
    Turbos cost money
    Both make whining noises
    Make the smart choice.

Originally posted by Mibz
    Always a fucking awful experience seeing spikers. Extra awful when he laps me.

My Ride
    12 camaro ss ,91 aristo , 12 ram

Only time I go there is if I want pizza for lunch and am super hungry (lunch buffet) even then I always regret going there afterwards!

For major chains, the only 3 I order from are :
    1. Papa John's - best tasting
    2. Pizza 73 - good promo pricing and location, get "free" wings.
    3. Pizza Hut - sometimes I just crave that greasing pan pizza crust

My Ride
    is Invisible

I find there is a big difference in taste when you do pick up over delivery, especially from pizza hut.

My Ride
    POS

Had the chessy bites a few times delivery and pickup and I thought it was pretty good. But every time it came pretty quick so it was still nice and warm and not burnt.

My Ride
    19 Jeep Wrangler, 20 Hyundai Palisade

They basically use cheese strings in these and stuffed crusts so if you don't eat it right after it comes out of the oven the cheese gets hard and goes back to being cheese string

I got sick of paying $8 for delivery of cold pizza with congealed cheese, so I invested $30 in a pizza delivery bag, and just always get pickup. I usually arrive just as it's coming out of the oven, and am at home eating the hot fresh pie within minutes. i haven't had pizza delivered in probably 2 years, and don't see myself doing it again unless I am stuck in a hotel room somewhere.

My Ride
    '05 Wrx stage 2

That looks pretty nasty.

The other night I ordered from Pizza 73, for $20 I got:

9 inch two topping pizza
    Side of ranch
    wings
    curly fries
    carrots
    bag of those brownies
    2L diet coke
    2 for one movie pass