Beyond.ca

Registration is free! Car Forums - Member Rides Car Forums - Find other members Car Forums - Calendar Car Forums - Frequently Asked Questions Forum Rules and Regulations Car Forums - Search Logout
Beyond.ca - Car Forums : Powered by vBulletin version 2.3.9 Beyond.ca - Car Forums > Lounge > Entertainment > Game of Thrones (TV miniseries)

Author
Thread
Vagabond142
Third Gear

What I drive: 2013 Kia Rio5 EX
Posts/Day: 0.70
Trader Rating: (19)
User Rating: 100%

Game of Thrones (TV miniseries) quote:

Yerp. My pants need changing, I had an awesomegasm. I now cannot WAIT for this to broadcast :O

Report this post | IP: Logged

Old Post 03-07-2011 12:02 PM
Vagabond142 is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Vagabond142 Click here to Send Vagabond142 a Private Message Find more posts by Vagabond142 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote

b_t
b_t is a huge fag

What I drive: FC3S 10AE / Tacoma
Posts/Day: 0.63
Trader Rating: (7)
User Rating: 99%

quote:

I'm still curious to see how epic they can make it on a TV miniseries budget.. effects have come a long way, but far enough to do this book justice? hmmm

Looks like they made some good casting calls though.. should be a pretty good series. Great source material to wok from, in any case.

Old Post 03-07-2011 09:17 PM
b_t is offline Click Here to See the Profile for b_t Click here to Send b_t a Private Message Find more posts by b_t Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Vagabond142
Third Gear

quote:

Originally posted by b_t

Looks like they made some good casting calls though.

Sean Bean is epic in anything he does. But I have to agree, the casting is really well done, I can tell even without them saying names who some of the characters are just from mannerisms.

Old Post 03-07-2011 10:33 PM
Vagabond142 is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Vagabond142 Click here to Send Vagabond142 a Private Message Find more posts by Vagabond142 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Bizzareo
Neutral

What I drive: 1982 Chevette
Posts/Day: 0.08
Trader Rating: (0)

quote:

I think they will skip over a number of "smaller" events, but it will be awesome.

And to add to this, the fifth book is out June 12th!

SO EXCITED!

Old Post 03-07-2011 10:37 PM
Bizzareo is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Bizzareo Click here to Send Bizzareo a Private Message Find more posts by Bizzareo Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
SmAcKpOo
First Gear

What I drive: '03 ep3
Posts/Day: 0.13
Trader Rating: (25)

quote:

^^ About time. At this rate he will pull a Robert Jordan and never finish.

Been following the Show since GRRM announced it on his blog. Can't wait as I have read the series countless times. I am going through it on Audiobook now.

Old Post 03-07-2011 10:45 PM
SmAcKpOo is offline Click Here to See the Profile for SmAcKpOo Click here to Send SmAcKpOo a Private Message Find more posts by SmAcKpOo Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Tram Common
First Gear

What I drive: Nissan 200SX
Posts/Day: 0.16
Trader Rating: (2)
User Rating: 94%

quote:

Originally posted by Bizzareo
I think they will skip over a number of "smaller" events, but it will be awesome.

And to add to this, the fifth book is out June 12th!

SO EXCITED!

Really? Still excited... it's been what now, seven years??

I was right into this series but the wait over the next book has become ridiculous.

Either way, very excited for the tv series... great choice to but Bean in there... the dude is built for Medieval.

Last edited by Tram Common on 03-07-2011 at 10:51 PM

Old Post 03-07-2011 10:48 PM
Tram Common is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Tram Common Click here to Send Tram Common a Private Message Find more posts by Tram Common Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Bizzareo
Neutral

What I drive: 1982 Chevette
Posts/Day: 0.08
Trader Rating: (0)

quote:

Originally posted by Tram Common

Really? Still excited... it's been what now, seven years??

I was right into this series but the wait over the next book has become ridiculous.

Either way, very excited for the tv series... great choice to but Bean in there... the dude is built for Medieval.

I just read the series over the past two years, so fortunately I haven't had to wait very long...

Old Post 03-07-2011 11:05 PM
Bizzareo is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Bizzareo Click here to Send Bizzareo a Private Message Find more posts by Bizzareo Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
SmAcKpOo
First Gear

What I drive: '03 ep3
Posts/Day: 0.13
Trader Rating: (25)

quote:

Hmm, interesting. No mention of the direwolves at all in that trailer or any preview to Robb Starks storyline.

Old Post 03-07-2011 11:19 PM
SmAcKpOo is offline Click Here to See the Profile for SmAcKpOo Click here to Send SmAcKpOo a Private Message Find more posts by SmAcKpOo Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
bball2
First Gear

What I drive: Honda Accord
Posts/Day: 0.22
Trader Rating: (89)

quote:

Can't wait, absolutely loved the series.

Hope he actually releases the fifth book this year though, the release date has been pushed back so many times that I'll hold my excitement until it's actually published.

Originally posted by SmAcKpOo
^^ About time. At this rate he will pull a Robert Jordan and never finish.

Have you read books 12 / 13 by Brandon Sandersen yet? He did a great job of picking up where Robert Jordan left off, and books 12 / 13 are probably two of my favorites in the entire series.

Old Post 03-08-2011 02:25 AM
bball2 is offline Click Here to See the Profile for bball2 Click here to Send bball2 a Private Message Find more posts by bball2 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Vagabond142
Third Gear

quote:

Originally posted by bball2

Have you read books 12 / 13 by Brandon Sandersen yet? He did a great job of picking up where Robert Jordan left off, and books 12 / 13 are probably two of my favorites in the entire series.

This is a BIT of a , but Brandon Sanderson also has his own series starting up. The series is "The Stormlight Archive" and the first book, published at the end of last year, is The Way Of Kings.... and I have to say, it's bloody brilliant

Old Post 03-08-2011 02:04 PM
mac_82
First Gear

What I drive: impreza
Trader Rating: (11)

quote:

Originally posted by b_t
I'm still curious to see how epic they can make it on a TV miniseries budget.. effects have come a long way, but far enough to do this book justice? hmmm

They did spend $5-10 million making the first episode. The per episode cost is being estimated at $4.5 million. From the sneak peaks the set design and costumes look awesome. I just hope the SFX are better than the first season of Spartacus. That was pure cheese.

Old Post 03-08-2011 04:12 PM
mac_82 is offline Click Here to See the Profile for mac_82 Click here to Send mac_82 a Private Message Find more posts by mac_82 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Vagabond142
Third Gear

quote:

Originally posted by mac_82

They did spend $5-10 million making the first episode. The per episode cost is being estimated at $4.5 million. From the sneak peaks the set design and costumes look awesome. I just hope the SFX are better than the first season of Spartacus. That was pure cheese.

Well, if they can match the production value of Rome and/or Band of Brothers, then we are in for one HELL of a good series

Old Post 03-08-2011 04:16 PM
z24_wheels

What I drive:
Posts/Day: 0.02
Trader Rating: (6)

quote:

So what happens in 2015 when HBO wraps season 5 of Game of Thrones and is looking for material to shoot season 6? Here are the Ice and Fire publishing dates:

Game of Thrones 1996
Clash of Kings 1998
Storm of Swords 2000
Feast for Crows 2005!
Dance of Dragons 2011 (maybe)

Predicted date of book 6 is 2018.

I am already boycotting the books, I will probably boycott the HBO show as well.

Anyone want to buy Books 1 thru 4, first Ed and signed by Tons of Fun Martin?

Old Post 03-08-2011 04:26 PM
z24_wheels is offline Click Here to See the Profile for z24_wheels Click here to Send z24_wheels a Private Message Find more posts by z24_wheels Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Alterac
First Gear

What I drive:
Posts/Day: 0.10
Trader Rating: (14)

quote:

A Dance with Dragons is set to release July 2011 the publisher actually set a date.

http://georgerrmartin.com/if-update.html

Old Post 03-08-2011 05:12 PM
Alterac is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Alterac Click here to Send Alterac a Private Message Find more posts by Alterac Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Tram Common
First Gear

quote:

Originally posted by Alterac
A Dance with Dragons is set to release July 2011 the publisher actually set a date.

http://georgerrmartin.com/if-update.html

They set a date back in 2009 and look how well that went. Don't get me wrong, I love the series, but Martin needs to get his shit together with regards to some sort of professional consistency.

I've been saying it for years now, Sanderson will be the next big fantasy/sci-fi name. Warbreaker is an absolute must read.

Old Post 03-08-2011 05:50 PM
Tram Common is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Tram Common Click here to Send Tram Common a Private Message Find more posts by Tram Common Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
z24_wheels

What I drive:
Posts/Day: 0.02
Trader Rating: (6)

quote:

Exactly Tram. They have set "publishing dates" a few times.

Don't forget, A Feast for Crows was split in half and released. He was pressured to put something out. That means in 2005, A Dance with Dragons was half done. It has taken 6 years so far for him to write half of a book. This book will be as shitty as Feast was, because once again, he is being pressured. Wait until HBO adds some pressure.

/holdbackrant

Old Post 03-08-2011 10:08 PM
z24_wheels is offline Click Here to See the Profile for z24_wheels Click here to Send z24_wheels a Private Message Find more posts by z24_wheels Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
b_t
b_t is a huge fag

What I drive: FC3S 10AE / Tacoma
Posts/Day: 0.63
Trader Rating: (7)

quote:

I haven't found a doorstopper fantasy series yet that hasn't completely fallen apart when it comes to the end part of the story. Wheel of Time is probably the most famous case.. it got so bad, the author died! Not a big deal though because WoT fucking sucked anyways.

The only guy who looks like he might be able to follow through on his ideas in a reasonable timeframe is Steven Erikson with the Malazan books.

A Song of Fire and Ice.. great stuff for the genre but... Why can't guys just write trilogies instead..

Old Post 03-09-2011 03:59 PM
b_t is offline Click Here to See the Profile for b_t Click here to Send b_t a Private Message Find more posts by b_t Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Vagabond142
Third Gear

quote:

This weekend o_O So excited

Also, b_t, the Malazan series rocks I found it a couple of years ago, went out and bought all the books after buying the first two on impulse. Read em all in a couple of months. Can't wait for new ones

Old Post 04-14-2011 01:43 PM
Tram Common
First Gear

quote:

Originally posted by b_t
I haven't found a doorstopper fantasy series yet that hasn't completely fallen apart when it comes to the end part of the story. Wheel of Time is probably the most famous case.. it got so bad, the author died! Not a big deal though because WoT fucking sucked anyways.

The only guy who looks like he might be able to follow through on his ideas in a reasonable timeframe is Steven Erikson with the Malazan books.

A Song of Fire and Ice.. great stuff for the genre but... Why can't guys just write trilogies instead..

You should keep reading the Wheel of Time... it did get bad but Sanderson's finale is, thus far, amazing.

I haven't read any of the Malazan series but I've heard good things.

To stay on-topic though, I'm still excited for this series... I really wonder how "true-to-the-book" it will be.

I hope it's not another Lord of the Rings catastrophe. I still can't believe they axed Tom Bombadil and Glorfindel...

Old Post 04-14-2011 06:06 PM
bball2
First Gear

What I drive: Honda Accord
Posts/Day: 0.22
Trader Rating: (89)

quote:

Originally posted by Tram Common

You should keep reading the Wheel of Time... it did get bad but Sanderson's finale is, thus far, amazing.

Agreed, the last two books are some of my favorites of the entire series

And Sandersen is already making good progress on the final book which should be released around this time next year.

Old Post 04-16-2011 03:28 AM
bball2 is offline Click Here to See the Profile for bball2 Click here to Send bball2 a Private Message Find more posts by bball2 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
The time now is 02:34 PM (GMT) Post New Thread   

Last Thread   Next Thread
Beyond.ca - Car Forums : Powered by vBulletin version 2.3.9 Beyond.ca - Car Forums > Lounge > Entertainment > Game of Thrones (TV miniseries)

Show Printable Version | Email this Page | Subscribe to this Thread

Forum Rules: