Beyond.ca

Registration is free! Car Forums - Member Rides Car Forums - Find other members Car Forums - Calendar Car Forums - Frequently Asked Questions Forum Rules and Regulations Car Forums - Search Logout
Beyond.ca - Car Forums : Powered by vBulletin version 2.3.9 Beyond.ca - Car Forums > Lounge > Society / Law / Current Events / Politics > is it illegal to drive through a private?

Author
Thread
beyondpinoy
First Gear

What I drive: Mitsubishi Lancer GTS 08
Posts/Day: 0.14
Trader Rating: (19)
User Rating: 99%

is it illegal to drive through a private parking lot? quote:

so im driving downtown, and since its rush hour traffic, i decided to take a quick shortcut through an empty private parking lot.. next thing i know, some dude comes running next to me, and start yelling at me saying its "private parking lot" then i say to him "relax dude, im not parking in your parking lot", then he replys " this isn't your personal drive way" then i replyed with " stop being a douche bag, im just taking a short cut, your parking lots empty" then i drove away...

was there anything Illegal about me driving through a private parking lot? (obviously im not allowed to park there) im afraid that he might of taken my license plate and try to charge me or something?

i know i shouldn't of called him a douche bag, but he was being anal about a empty parking lot (not even 1 car was parked in it)

Last edited by beyondpinoy on 06-28-2011 at 12:45 AM

Report this post | IP: Logged

Old Post 06-28-2011 12:13 AM
beyondpinoy is offline Click Here to See the Profile for beyondpinoy Click here to Send beyondpinoy a Private Message Find more posts by beyondpinoy Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote

Cos
Fourth Gear

What I drive: 3 Fords, One NA, One S/C, One Turbo'd
Posts/Day: 2.19
Trader Rating: (17)
User Rating: 100%

quote:

Yes, you are trespassing on private property.

Originally posted by codetrap
Ignorance can be educated, crazy can be medicated, but you can't fix stupid.

Originally posted by Ecofx86
I love it when I'm rolling baby coal out my eco!

Old Post 06-28-2011 12:15 AM
Cos is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Cos Click here to Send Cos a Private Message Find more posts by Cos Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
vengie
First Gear

What I drive: Runs on recycled dinosaurs.
Posts/Day: 0.30
Trader Rating: (10)
User Rating: 93%

quote:

You've done it now, private parking lots are like their own country. They have their own laws, religions, even their own economy! Sounds like you lucked out and drove through a more civilized private lot. On some lots they will just shoot you on site!!! Better be more careful man.

Originally posted by max_boost
Continuous improvement my friend. Get the degree, get a job, acquire experience, acquire knowledge, acquire currency, acquire bitches, keep moving forward.

Old Post 06-28-2011 12:17 AM
vengie is offline Click Here to See the Profile for vengie Click here to Send vengie a Private Message Find more posts by vengie Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
D'z Nutz
Super Moderator

What I drive: Southerners out of the North
Posts/Day: 1.04
Trader Rating: (121)
User Rating: 111%

quote:

Sorry to say, but in this case you are the douche bag here. You were trespassing on private property.

Old Post 06-28-2011 12:20 AM
D'z Nutz is offline Click Here to See the Profile for D'z Nutz Click here to Send D'z Nutz a Private Message Visit D'z Nutz's homepage! Find more posts by D'z Nutz Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
beyondpinoy
First Gear

What I drive: Mitsubishi Lancer GTS 08
Posts/Day: 0.14
Trader Rating: (19)

quote:

Originally posted by D'z Nutz
Sorry to say, but in this case you are the douche bag here. You were trespassing on private property.

yeah i guess i am the douche here, now i know.

thanks guys, lets hope i don't get charged for it? i was literally in the business parking lot for 20 seconds...

Last edited by beyondpinoy on 06-28-2011 at 12:24 AM

Old Post 06-28-2011 12:21 AM
beyondpinoy is offline Click Here to See the Profile for beyondpinoy Click here to Send beyondpinoy a Private Message Find more posts by beyondpinoy Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
JordanAndrew
First Gear

What I drive: DC5 Type S
Posts/Day: 0.32
Trader Rating: (39)
User Rating: 98%

quote:

Just prepare to hire the most expensive lawyer to defend yourself. I hope you learned your lesson.

Old Post 06-28-2011 12:22 AM
JordanAndrew is offline Click Here to See the Profile for JordanAndrew Click here to Send JordanAndrew a Private Message Find more posts by JordanAndrew Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
bourge73
First Gear

What I drive: 13 CRV, SN-95 summer slut, 2003 Expedition EB
Posts/Day: 0.35
Trader Rating: (34)
User Rating: 95%

quote:

shouldnt be illegal to drive in private parts.

A Ferrari is a high maintenance chick, you spend money regardless of what you do with her. You can baby the C63, or slap on all seasons, and you won't be spending anything but yearly maintenance. Of course that's like dating a stripper and refusing to fuck her, which would make you gay.

Originally posted by Rage2

Old Post 06-28-2011 12:24 AM
bourge73 is online now Click Here to See the Profile for bourge73 Click here to Send bourge73 a Private Message Find more posts by bourge73 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
kenny
Director of Awesomeness

What I drive:
Posts/Day: 0.80
Trader Rating: (16)
User Rating: 148%

Re: is it illegal to drive through a private? quote:

Originally posted by beyondpinoy
was there anything Illegal about me driving through a private parking lot? (obviously im not allowed to park there) im afraid that he might of taken my license plate and try to charge me or something?

i know i shouldn't of called him a douche bag, but he was being anal about a empty parking lot (not even 1 car was parked in it)

Not sure what you would get a ticket for but I have seen someone get pulled over to taking a shortcut through a parking lot to skip the traffic to make the right turn.

Old Post 06-28-2011 12:31 AM
kenny is offline Click Here to See the Profile for kenny Click here to Send kenny a Private Message Find more posts by kenny Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Cos
Fourth Gear

quote:

Originally posted by bourge73

Dunno what you are trying to say, but if you are trying to say it should be legal to drive on private property then it isnt really private property is it? Would you like people driving across your back yard? Same principle.

Old Post 06-28-2011 12:31 AM
Cos is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Cos Click here to Send Cos a Private Message Find more posts by Cos Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
dirtsniffer
Second Gear

What I drive:
Posts/Day: 0.70
Trader Rating: (14)
User Rating: 92%

quote:

^^^ i've seen this numerous times. cops set up on northbound 14th street and catch people cutting through mr sub to get onto 12th ave

Originally posted by ExtraSlow
This thread is great, finally we are mixing the regular hate and intolerance with some actual car talk.

Old Post 06-28-2011 12:33 AM
dirtsniffer is offline Click Here to See the Profile for dirtsniffer Click here to Send dirtsniffer a Private Message Find more posts by dirtsniffer Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Mibz

What I drive:
Posts/Day: 1.42

quote:

NB Elbow Dr @ Heritage Dr, same thing. Never seen anybody get busted but they used to have a sign explicitly saying not to cut through.

Old Post 06-28-2011 12:35 AM
Mibz is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Mibz Click here to Send Mibz a Private Message Find more posts by Mibz Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
KandabashiDevil
Banned

What I drive: Honda
Posts/Day: 0.15
Trader Rating: (6)

quote:

I've spoken with more than one officer about this ....

Definitely a ticket if the lot is marked as "private". But you can cut through any public lot to avoid traffic whenever you'd like. People CAN get tickets for cutting through public lots if they're being offensive or obnoxious though. The officer can find a variety of reasons to tag you for being a jerk about cutting through a lot .... I drive through this one lot all the time getting to work so I can skip 2 lights. I've done it a million times, in front of police too. Once I was a passenger in a friends car. He drove over the curb to get to the lot early, and sped through it. An officer gave him a massive ticket for "driving with undue care and attention"!

Not good!

Cut through public lots, but be respectful about it.

Old Post 06-28-2011 12:42 AM
KandabashiDevil is offline Click Here to See the Profile for KandabashiDevil Click here to Send KandabashiDevil a Private Message Find more posts by KandabashiDevil Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Cos
Fourth Gear

quote:

Originally posted by KandabashiDevil

Cut through public lots, but be respectful about it.

When you say public lots you mean CPA lots right?

Old Post 06-28-2011 12:44 AM
Shlade
Second Gear

What I drive: 14' Focus ST
Posts/Day: 1.08
Trader Rating: (16)
User Rating: 96%

quote:

hehehehe

Im taking this as a dirty joke

Old Post 06-28-2011 01:24 AM
Shlade is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Shlade Click here to Send Shlade a Private Message Find more posts by Shlade Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
bourge73
First Gear

What I drive: 13 CRV, SN-95 summer slut, 2003 Expedition EB
Posts/Day: 0.35
Trader Rating: (34)
User Rating: 95%

quote:

^^ hey theres the guy with a sense of humour hahahaa.

A Ferrari is a high maintenance chick, you spend money regardless of what you do with her. You can baby the C63, or slap on all seasons, and you won't be spending anything but yearly maintenance. Of course that's like dating a stripper and refusing to fuck her, which would make you gay.

Originally posted by Rage2

Last edited by bourge73 on 06-28-2011 at 02:17 AM

Old Post 06-28-2011 02:14 AM
bourge73 is online now Click Here to See the Profile for bourge73 Click here to Send bourge73 a Private Message Find more posts by bourge73 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Mar
Second Gear

What I drive: 2005 Civic Special Edition
Posts/Day: 0.52
User Rating: 88%

quote:

If they're just a private you can drive through them but it is negative points.

Originally posted by Go4Long
or else what? you'll turn on the caps lock?
you do realize this is the internet right? lol

Originally posted by rob the knob
mar, you are good guy at heart
you must realize your limitations
then you will be happy if you fine place in live

Originally posted by blitz
Jesus man, I know you like Transformers, but you need to get out more. No one should get this upset over a movie based on children's toys.

Old Post 06-28-2011 02:14 AM
Mar is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Mar Click here to Send Mar a Private Message Find more posts by Mar Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Cos
Fourth Gear

quote:

^^ hey theres the guy with a sense of humour hahahaa.

Lol, im sorry I missed it my mind doesnt live here:

click for larger version
» Click image for larger version

Old Post 06-28-2011 05:02 AM
C_Dave45
First Gear

What I drive:
Posts/Day: 0.43
Trader Rating: (4)
User Rating: 101%

quote:

It's only illegal if there are "private property, no trespassing" signs at any and all entrances to the property. If not, then no laws were broken, he didn't park there, just drove through. He can't get charged for trespassing and certainly no MVA infractions.

Old Post 06-28-2011 05:29 AM
C_Dave45 is offline Click Here to See the Profile for C_Dave45 Click here to Send C_Dave45 a Private Message Visit C_Dave45's homepage! Find more posts by C_Dave45 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
syritis
First Gear

What I drive: ^^ that
Posts/Day: 0.19
Trader Rating: (5)
User Rating: 103%

quote:

tsuu tina nations is considered private property and people get tickets for driving through it all the time. trespassing is trespassing.
yes they can charge you with it. but since you didn't wreck anything or disrupt their business, i have a hard time understanding why they would go to the effort of charging you for little or no gain to themselves.

Originally posted by vengie

[...] What I am saying is we as a society need to get tougher and learn to say "fuck off"[...]
People are far too liberal nowadays, [...] and minorities are using that to their advantage, and that is unfair to the rest of us who actually pay taxes

Old Post 06-28-2011 11:45 AM
syritis is offline Click Here to See the Profile for syritis Click here to Send syritis a Private Message Find more posts by syritis Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Jetta-2.0
First Gear

What I drive:
Posts/Day: 0.26
Trader Rating: (6)
User Rating: 94%

quote:

If its private, then they should put a gate and only people with access can get by

Old Post 06-29-2011 10:22 AM
Jetta-2.0 is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Jetta-2.0 Click here to Send Jetta-2.0 a Private Message Find more posts by Jetta-2.0 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
The time now is 02:30 AM (GMT) Post New Thread   

Last Thread   Next Thread

Show Printable Version | Email this Page | Subscribe to this Thread

Forum Rules: