Beyond.ca

Registration is free! Car Forums - Member Rides Car Forums - Find other members Car Forums - Calendar Car Forums - Frequently Asked Questions Forum Rules and Regulations Car Forums - Search Logout
Beyond.ca - Car Forums : Powered by vBulletin version 2.3.9 Beyond.ca - Car Forums > Lounge > General > Hot Wheels Collectors HWC

Author
Thread
roll_over
First Gear

What I drive: Can't driver because I'm legally blind
Posts/Day: 0.21
Trader Rating: (5)
User Rating: 101%

Hot Wheels Collectors HWC quote:

I started collecting back in 99 but just this year started taking it seriously. Just wondering if I was the only dork on here or if maybe a few others also collect and maybe willing to trade/sell cars.

I have multiples of some so if you are looking just ask

Last edited by roll_over on 11-15-2011 at 09:15 PM

Report this post | IP: Logged

Old Post 11-15-2011 09:11 PM
roll_over is offline Click Here to See the Profile for roll_over Click here to Send roll_over a Private Message Find more posts by roll_over Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote

GOnSHO
Second Gear

What I drive: 09 Ram Sport, 07 R6
Posts/Day: 0.34
Trader Rating: (36)
User Rating: 97%

quote:

i collect but not like, I NEED specific cars, i just go and when i see a couple i like, i just buy em..

Originally posted by BlueSTI
Shoulder checks are for kids who just received their driver's licence. Trust me, if I wanted to side swipe you, you wouldn't be sitting in front of your computer reading this. I only cut you off GENTLY.

Old Post 11-15-2011 10:28 PM
GOnSHO is online now Click Here to See the Profile for GOnSHO Click here to Send GOnSHO a Private Message Find more posts by GOnSHO Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
schurchill39
Second Gear

What I drive: Ford, Acura, Harley
Trader Rating: (15)
User Rating: 99%

quote:

Post up some pictures of your collection

Originally posted by rage2
...Last thing I want is someone reading my posts and losing their cock over it...

Originally posted by Sugarphreak
Meh, they all look like Jackie Chan to me

Originally posted by ExtraSlow
You dudes have some squeaky clean assholes. I commend you.

Old Post 11-16-2011 01:14 AM
schurchill39 is offline Click Here to See the Profile for schurchill39 Click here to Send schurchill39 a Private Message Find more posts by schurchill39 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
BlackRadon
Neutral

What I drive:
Posts/Day: 0.04
Trader Rating: (6)
User Rating: 94%

quote:

i collected hot wheels when i was pretty young and stopped maybe just before i got into high school. Ive probably have close too 1000+ all still in the boxes. Have a bunch of redlines and treasure hunts and a few other limited pieces. I might go dig them out when i go to my parents house and get a picture.

Old Post 11-16-2011 01:29 AM
BlackRadon is offline Click Here to See the Profile for BlackRadon Click here to Send BlackRadon a Private Message Find more posts by BlackRadon Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
JordanEG6
FKA: TeamCrewcial

What I drive: Honda E Toaster
Posts/Day: 0.35
Trader Rating: (41)
User Rating: 99%

quote:

Originally posted by schurchill39
Post up some pictures of your collection

I'm interested in seeing your collection as well.

1993 Honda Civic CX (B16A2) - 2002-2005
1992 Honda Civic Si (K20A2) - 2006-2008
2008 BMW 335i - 2008-2013
2008 Honda Element EX AWD - 2013-Current

NEW LISTING SELLING OVER 200-300 PAIRS OF SNEAKERS ** CLICK*** OR PM ME

Old Post 11-16-2011 01:57 AM
JordanEG6 is offline Click Here to See the Profile for JordanEG6 Click here to Send JordanEG6 a Private Message Find more posts by JordanEG6 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
flipstah
The Gimp

What I drive: exploded.
Posts/Day: 1.97
Trader Rating: (13)
User Rating: 102%

quote:

I started when I was a kid so my collection is pretty beat up.

Well played.

I got a bunch of Tomy cars from Asia, Matchbox, and Hot Wheels!

Old Post 11-16-2011 01:58 AM
flipstah is offline Click Here to See the Profile for flipstah Click here to Send flipstah a Private Message Visit flipstah's homepage! Find more posts by flipstah Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Twin_Cam_Turbo
Fourth Gear

What I drive: $1 Integra GSR
Posts/Day: 1.91
Trader Rating: (8)
User Rating: 100%

quote:

I have a lot of them, saving them for my child.

Old Post 11-16-2011 02:09 AM
Twin_Cam_Turbo is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Twin_Cam_Turbo Click here to Send Twin_Cam_Turbo a Private Message Find more posts by Twin_Cam_Turbo Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
4DoorGTZ
First Gear

What I drive: a couple S/C'd V8's
Posts/Day: 0.08
Trader Rating: (10)
User Rating: 97%

quote:

I have boxes and boxes of stuff from 8-10yrs ago. Think I usually went for sets of first editions, think there's 1 whole box of Treasure hunts.... Have a few of the online limited editions....

Unfortunatly its not sorted, maybe the TH's and special editions are seperated out.

I'll still browse through if I'm in a big box store and walk past the toy section.

...... and have since bought an AWD suv

Old Post 11-16-2011 02:18 AM
4DoorGTZ is offline Click Here to See the Profile for 4DoorGTZ Click here to Send 4DoorGTZ a Private Message Visit 4DoorGTZ's homepage! Find more posts by 4DoorGTZ Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
bourge73
First Gear

What I drive: CRV, Expedition, Maxima
Posts/Day: 0.27
Trader Rating: (35)

quote:

Me too, I still buy em, but find I mostly now days buy the muscle cars. (all in boxes, but they are only a dollar still...) I have lots out of the boxes from the Redlines, to the 80's and 90's, I just can't help myself I love them.

A Ferrari is a high maintenance chick, you spend money regardless of what you do with her. You can baby the C63, or slap on all seasons, and you won't be spending anything but yearly maintenance. Of course that's like dating a stripper and refusing to fuck her, which would make you gay.

Originally posted by Rage2

Old Post 11-16-2011 02:21 AM
bourge73 is offline Click Here to See the Profile for bourge73 Click here to Send bourge73 a Private Message Find more posts by bourge73 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Gibson
First Gear

What I drive: 06 Focus ZX5, 97 Skyline R33
Posts/Day: 0.33

quote:

Been buying a few lately that have interested me. They've had a bunch of cool stuff, modded S2000, Datsun 510, R32 GT-R, Civic, Scirroco GT...

I take them out of the box though (gasp!) They're meant to be played around with, they sit on my coffee table and I zip them around while I'm talking on the phone or waiting for my games to load haha. I've got a Ford GT and a Ferrari P4 that are in an infinite duel.

My Flickr photostream: http://www.flickr.com/photos/gibbyson4/

Old Post 11-16-2011 02:41 AM
Gibson is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Gibson Click here to Send Gibson a Private Message Find more posts by Gibson Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
roll_over
First Gear

quote:

Post my collection? i'll try but its going to make a huge mess!!! just give me some time and i will try to get them up today.

@ goandshow that sounds just like how I started.

*EDIT*
Here are a few of my cars I have

Some 2010's

Some 2011's

Last edited by roll_over on 11-19-2011 at 05:53 AM

Old Post 11-16-2011 07:49 PM
roll_over is offline Click Here to See the Profile for roll_over Click here to Send roll_over a Private Message Find more posts by roll_over Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
sputnik
Third Gear

What I drive:
Posts/Day: 0.61
Trader Rating: (4)
User Rating: 98%

quote:

I always have a dozen or so in my dresser.

When I need my two year old son to be a bit more patient (long car trip, nicer restaurant or doctors appt) I give him one.

Best $1.50 spent keeping him busy for an hour or more.

However, I do hang onto any Treasure Hunts I come across.

Old Post 11-16-2011 08:49 PM
sputnik is offline Click Here to See the Profile for sputnik Click here to Send sputnik a Private Message Find more posts by sputnik Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
jonnycat
First Gear

What I drive: 2012 300C SRT8 /2015 F150 Platinum
Posts/Day: 0.19
Trader Rating: (0)

quote:

I just handed over 99% of my entire collection to my kid. He probably has 100 already plus mie. It is so easy for me to buy those things when I see them

[Do][---+---][oD]

Old Post 11-18-2011 08:58 PM
jonnycat is offline Click Here to See the Profile for jonnycat Click here to Send jonnycat a Private Message Find more posts by jonnycat Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
flipstah
The Gimp

What I drive: exploded.
Posts/Day: 1.97
Trader Rating: (13)
User Rating: 102%

quote:

I'm gonna take pictures of mine this weekend! All of mine are out of the box and 'well-played' haha.

Old Post 11-19-2011 12:22 AM
flipstah is offline Click Here to See the Profile for flipstah Click here to Send flipstah a Private Message Visit flipstah's homepage! Find more posts by flipstah Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
DGill
First Gear

What I drive: Bus
Posts/Day: 0.11
Trader Rating: (9)

quote:

I have a huge collection as well, growing up they were the only toys I would get, I must say as far and detail and variety of cars they have come a long way.

Originally posted by Ven
If you find a chic the there with a stick shift don't be alarmed. It's just the performance model, go ahead and ride it like you stole it.

Old Post 11-19-2011 12:36 AM
DGill is offline Click Here to See the Profile for DGill Click here to Send DGill a Private Message Find more posts by DGill Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Chantastic
First Gear

What I drive: EP3
Trader Rating: (19)
User Rating: 98%

quote:

A bunch of old well used ones sit in my basement. The better half are on display, and it clearly showcases my Lamborghini love. Every time I am at walmart or the like I always look at the hot wheels. The odd time I pick a few up.

Notables purchased recently:

- Silver Delorean DMC12
- Back to the Future Time Machine!
- Ghostbusters Ecto-1!!!

I also tried to get all the WRC editions, I am still looking for the Ford Focus. I want that M3 GT2 and the AMG!! Also one weird thing I noticed the other day; I saw an R32 Skyline GTR, but the picture on the card was of an R34...

Old Post 11-19-2011 03:00 AM
Chantastic is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Chantastic Click here to Send Chantastic a Private Message Find more posts by Chantastic Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Melinda

What I drive: Highlander
Posts/Day: 0.49
Trader Rating: (18)

quote:

^ toys r us south had the rally cars when I was there last week. I picked up the Subaru one for my son.

We've got tons of these, but all opened and played with.

If anyone's looking for the delorian or the skyline, the shawnessy zellers has them. Unless the sale has ended, they're half price right now too ($.74)

www.melindagombert.com

Old Post 11-19-2011 05:28 AM
Melinda is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Melinda Click here to Send Melinda a Private Message Visit Melinda's homepage! Find more posts by Melinda Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
roll_over
First Gear

quote:

Im still looking for the ecto-1 and the Nissan Skyline H/T 2000 GT-X. Found a few ken blocks, a team vans and batmobiles.

I went to that zellers and raided the peggs they have a big dump bin set up that I almost missed

loose

Last edited by roll_over on 11-21-2011 at 02:57 AM

Old Post 11-19-2011 05:50 AM
Gibson
First Gear

What I drive: 06 Focus ZX5, 97 Skyline R33
Posts/Day: 0.33

quote:

I bought a Ken Block Fiesta and promptly opened it. Then I realized they might be rare. Anyone know their production numbers?

I also have the two Deloreans (the time machine and just the DMC-12) carded still, because I'm not sure on their production numbers either.

My Flickr photostream: http://www.flickr.com/photos/gibbyson4/

Old Post 12-04-2011 05:36 AM
Gibson is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Gibson Click here to Send Gibson a Private Message Find more posts by Gibson Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
roll_over
First Gear

quote:

http://hotwheels.wikia.com/

Last edited by roll_over on 12-04-2011 at 05:54 AM

Old Post 12-04-2011 05:48 AM
The time now is 04:40 PM (GMT) Post New Thread   

Last Thread   Next Thread
Beyond.ca - Car Forums : Powered by vBulletin version 2.3.9 Beyond.ca - Car Forums > Lounge > General > Hot Wheels Collectors HWC

Show Printable Version | Email this Page | Subscribe to this Thread

Forum Rules: