Beyond.ca

Registration is free! Car Forums - Member Rides Car Forums - Find other members Car Forums - Calendar Car Forums - Frequently Asked Questions Forum Rules and Regulations Car Forums - Search Logout
Beyond.ca - Car Forums : Powered by vBulletin version 2.3.9 Beyond.ca - Car Forums > Lounge > General > Masked Bandit Touchstone Insurance

Author
Thread
jdmsource
Paid Sponsor

What I drive: Deebee8
Posts/Day: 0.17
Trader Rating: (30)
User Rating: 100%

Thumbs up Masked Bandit Touchstone Insurance quote:

I just wanted to share my experience with Bill aka Masked Bandit from Touchstone Insurance. a family member was hit by a drunk driver and her insurance company was jerking her around a little so i decided to give Bill a call to see if he can offer some advice and insight. Now this had nothing to do with Bill what so ever but he took some time out of his busy day to actually help me out and clarify alot of things when he could have just said this is not his problem and to contact our own insurance company. Thanks again Bill and if any beyonders need insurance i would highly recommend Touchstone insurance

Report this post | IP: Logged

Old Post 01-24-2012 10:18 PM
jdmsource is offline Click Here to See the Profile for jdmsource Click here to Send jdmsource a Private Message Visit jdmsource's homepage! Find more posts by jdmsource Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote

01RedDX
Third Gear

What I drive:
Posts/Day: 0.58
Trader Rating: (22)

quote:

Masked Hero is a great dude!

Old Post 01-24-2012 11:07 PM
01RedDX is offline Click Here to See the Profile for 01RedDX Click here to Send 01RedDX a Private Message Find more posts by 01RedDX Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
KRyn
Second Gear

What I drive:
Posts/Day: 0.44
Trader Rating: (11)
User Rating: 109%

quote:

Bill has to be one of the nicest people I have ever spoken too. I called him to get a quote on some insurance and ended up chatting with him for nearly half a hour. I know who will be providing my future insurance.

Originally posted by lint
Who the f*ck cares what brand of protein a weak ass sissy takes? Or what exercises a weak ass sissy does?

Originally posted by slinkie
to each haters of "milk" your eating like a b!tch so ur gonna stay a b!tch. eat some cow eat some pizza eat cow in pasta cow in bread cow with cheese drink cow. look at cows there big eat them and ull be to. u are what u eat u wanna eat chicked ull stay being a chicken. u wanna eat string cheese ur gonna be a string cheese. u wanna eat fruit ur ganna be a fruit. Enjoy life.

Old Post 01-24-2012 11:16 PM
KRyn is offline Click Here to See the Profile for KRyn Click here to Send KRyn a Private Message Visit KRyn's homepage! Find more posts by KRyn Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
dj_rice
owned by an '08 n00b! LOL

What I drive: 93 240sx SE, 02 Pathfinder LE
Posts/Day: 1.18
Trader Rating: (34)
User Rating: 95%

quote:

He is a stand up guy who always has time to answer insurance related questions. Was a big help with my questions about my rear ender accident when my own insurance adjuster was being a bitch about my questions.

Originally posted by GTS Jeff
You know those bored stay at home moms who's entire lives revolve around driving their kids to soccer, various cleaning accessories, and worrying about neighbourhood rapists? The kind of people that watch the View and go "uh huh..." Those unfulfilled people who try to fill the void in their empty lives by writing whiny letters to the editor complaining about shit that no one really cares about?

Well imagine if instead of writing that letter to the editor, she just posts on a car forum for car enthusiasts. That's Kritafo.

Old Post 01-25-2012 12:11 AM
dj_rice is offline Click Here to See the Profile for dj_rice Click here to Send dj_rice a Private Message Find more posts by dj_rice Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Impreza
First Gear

What I drive:
Posts/Day: 0.21
Trader Rating: (11)

quote:

Bill Eckhart is Masked Bandit? Crazy! I've been buying insurance from him for years, even way before Touchstone when he was at Diamond. Great guy to deal with!

Old Post 01-25-2012 03:59 PM
Impreza is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Impreza Click here to Send Impreza a Private Message Find more posts by Impreza Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Zewind
First Gear

What I drive:
Posts/Day: 0.17
Trader Rating: (2)

quote:

Love this guy - I still need to switch my insurance over

Old Post 01-25-2012 09:24 PM
Zewind is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Zewind Click here to Send Zewind a Private Message Find more posts by Zewind Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
403Gemini
Fourth Gear

What I drive:
Posts/Day: 1.02
Trader Rating: (4)

quote:

Straight up one of the most knowledgeable insurance guys on this forum

Originally posted by Mibz
She's already exhibiting signs of turning into my Mom, I need some sort of legal recourse if a full-blown transformation occurs.

Old Post 01-25-2012 10:54 PM
403Gemini is offline Click Here to See the Profile for 403Gemini Click here to Send 403Gemini a Private Message Find more posts by 403Gemini Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Masked Bandit
Forum Sponsor

What I drive: Buffalo Truck & something w/ Seriously Round Tires
Posts/Day: 0.53
Trader Rating: (1)
User Rating: 99%

quote:

Thanks for the kind words guys, I appreciate it.

"Masked Bandit is a gateway drug for frugal spending." - Unknown303

www.touchstoneinsurance.ca

Last edited by Masked Bandit on 01-25-2012 at 11:44 PM

Old Post 01-25-2012 11:29 PM
Masked Bandit is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Masked Bandit Click here to Send Masked Bandit a Private Message Visit Masked Bandit's homepage! Find more posts by Masked Bandit Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Masked Bandit
Forum Sponsor

quote:

I should also mention that we've got a new broker in the office. His name is Darren and he's super keen. He's spent 18 years working in the car business so some of you may have already done business with him at one point or another.

Old Post 01-27-2012 03:06 PM
Masked Bandit is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Masked Bandit Click here to Send Masked Bandit a Private Message Visit Masked Bandit's homepage! Find more posts by Masked Bandit Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
kvg
Second Gear

What I drive: is Swedish
Posts/Day: 0.80
Trader Rating: (5)
User Rating: 98%

quote:

Do you deal with Impact?

Old Post 01-27-2012 05:29 PM
kvg is offline Click Here to See the Profile for kvg Click here to Send kvg a Private Message Find more posts by kvg Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Masked Bandit
Forum Sponsor

quote:

I'm guessing you mean Intact but yes, we do. What are you looking to find out?

Old Post 01-27-2012 05:39 PM
kvg
Second Gear

What I drive: is Swedish
Posts/Day: 0.80

quote:

I am not a big fan of bow valley and I had a claim a couple years ago when I slid into curb in the winter that was a freebie and they didn't tell me it wasn't really a freebie as now i can't switch from intact or my rates will go up. Do you do home etc as well?

Old Post 01-27-2012 05:50 PM
kvg is offline Click Here to See the Profile for kvg Click here to Send kvg a Private Message Find more posts by kvg Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
silvercivicsir
First Gear

What I drive:
Posts/Day: 0.11
Trader Rating: (18)

quote:

I hate Statefarm and can't wait until they fix my roof so I can switch insurance companys. Does anybody have any experince with good insurance companys?

I personally think it's unreasonable for me to have to wait until June 2012, for an adjuster to come out and have a look... ??

Old Post 01-27-2012 06:05 PM
silvercivicsir is offline Click Here to See the Profile for silvercivicsir Click here to Send silvercivicsir a Private Message Find more posts by silvercivicsir Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
403Gemini
Fourth Gear

What I drive:

quote:

Originally posted by silvercivicsir
I hate Statefarm and can't wait until they fix my roof so I can switch insurance companys. Does anybody have any experince with good insurance companys?

I personally think it's unreasonable for me to have to wait until June 2012, for an adjuster to come out and have a look... ??

June is a bit excessive. Keep in mind though, There were a lot of consecutive windstorms in the last 3 months. My company received probably 3500 exterior claims related to just property (not including vehicles) from the wind.

Granted instead of waiting for an adjuster to go out, we hired on a lot of roofing vendors and sent assignments out to them to get the emerg work done to prevent any seepage from any potential future snow falls / rainy days. Pricing likely won't be done until the Spring time though since occupational health and safety really aren't too keen on people climbing snowy/icey roofs. Even with the nice weather we're having, there is still morning frost and dew/moisture on the roofs all day long.

I know a lot of smaller companies are assigning hundreds of files to each of their adjusters to look at , and on a great, summer day doing a 12 hour shift one person can maybe only look at 10-15 roofs + scope it and discuss the procedure with the homeowner. Doing that while balancing other claims that are coming in, its going to be a busy year for sure.

Not giving State farm any excuses (they're actually one of our competitors ) just explaining how busy ALL insurance companies are at the moment.

She's already exhibiting signs of turning into my Mom, I need some sort of legal recourse if a full-blown transformation occurs.

Old Post 01-27-2012 07:01 PM
403Gemini is offline Click Here to See the Profile for 403Gemini Click here to Send 403Gemini a Private Message Find more posts by 403Gemini Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
TomcoPDR
Slanty Gwai Lo

What I drive: Bowtie
Posts/Day: 0.72
Trader Rating: (78)
User Rating: 101%

quote:

Originally posted by 403Gemini

I know a lot of smaller companies are assigning hundreds of files to each of their adjusters to look at , and on a great, summer day doing a 12 hour shift one person can maybe only look at 10-15 roofs + scope it and discuss the procedure with the homeowner. Doing that while balancing other claims that are coming in, its going to be a busy year for sure.

All's I can say is I always get butterflies when I have to do damage assessment with an adjustor. You never know what mood they're in, could be a slow day and they're happy as hell, and just keeps chatting and watching you work and wanna go to lunch with you. Or they're on a busy day and are just grumpy and mean.

Old Post 01-27-2012 07:40 PM
TomcoPDR is offline Click Here to See the Profile for TomcoPDR Click here to Send TomcoPDR a Private Message Find more posts by TomcoPDR Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Masked Bandit
Forum Sponsor

quote:

Originally posted by silvercivicsir

As 403Gemini said, claims staff are WAY backed up right now but that's a bit much. For what it's worth you don't have to wait until your claim is settled to switch. All that matters is that your policy was in force the day the claim happened. Switching companies / brokers before repairs are actually done isn't a problem at all.

Old Post 01-27-2012 10:52 PM
403Gemini
Fourth Gear

What I drive:

quote:

MB - I had no idea you guys are in midnapore. I should give you a call and bring in a coffee sometime.

Old Post 01-27-2012 11:58 PM
Masked Bandit
Forum Sponsor

quote:

Originally posted by 403Gemini
MB - I had no idea you guys are in midnapore. I should give you a call and bring in a coffee sometime.

We just opened here in March of 2011, should be here for at least another 4 years. I'd love to actually meet you sometime. Let me know when you're out & about in this end.

Old Post 01-30-2012 04:35 PM
cjblair
Second Gear

What I drive: Jap V8
User Rating: 97%

quote:

Well, there's probably threads elsewhere on beyond, but this one came up when I did the search.

I've been with Touchstone for a number of years. Spoke with Bill this morning to add another car on my policy, and do some updates to the home policy. As always, fantastic service, and he took a great deal of time to answer the excessive questions I was asking him.

Old Post 12-02-2016 06:33 PM
cjblair is offline Click Here to See the Profile for cjblair Click here to Send cjblair a Private Message Find more posts by cjblair Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
TomcoPDR
Slanty Gwai Lo

What I drive: Bowtie
Posts/Day: 0.72
Trader Rating: (78)
User Rating: 101%

quote:

Originally posted by cjblair
Well, there's probably threads elsewhere on beyond, but this one came up when I did the search.

I've been with Touchstone for a number of years. Spoke with Bill this morning to add another car on my policy, and do some updates to the home policy. As always, fantastic service, and he took a great deal of time to answer the excessive questions I was asking him.

Bill's got such a sexy radio voice, just makes you wanna come up with random questions just to keep him on the line.

Old Post 12-02-2016 06:55 PM
TomcoPDR is offline Click Here to See the Profile for TomcoPDR Click here to Send TomcoPDR a Private Message Find more posts by TomcoPDR Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
The time now is 05:14 PM (GMT) Post New Thread   

Last Thread   Next Thread
Beyond.ca - Car Forums : Powered by vBulletin version 2.3.9 Beyond.ca - Car Forums > Lounge > General > Masked Bandit Touchstone Insurance

Show Printable Version | Email this Page | Subscribe to this Thread

Forum Rules: