Beyond.ca

Registration is free! Car Forums - Member Rides Car Forums - Find other members Car Forums - Calendar Car Forums - Frequently Asked Questions Forum Rules and Regulations Car Forums - Search Logout
Beyond.ca - Car Forums : Powered by vBulletin version 2.3.9 Beyond.ca - Car Forums > Lounge > Real Estate / Finance > What is your favorite reward CC

Author
Thread
Weapon_R

What I drive: 335i
Posts/Day: 1.65
Trader Rating: (101)
User Rating: 100%

Best Cashback/Reward Credit Cards? quote:

Who has the best cashback credit card going right now? I am getting into the habit of using my credit for almost everything now to rack up airmiles, but if there is something out there with a better reward program I wouldn't mind switching right now.

Originally posted by r3cc0s
Felon or Mistermeiner

Report this post | IP: Logged

Old Post 10-30-2008 01:55 AM
Weapon_R is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Weapon_R Click here to Send Weapon_R a Private Message Find more posts by Weapon_R Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote

e36bmw///
First Gear

What I drive:
Posts/Day: 0.14
Trader Rating: (10)
User Rating: 99%

quote:

i use visa all the time, since you can win 25k

dont get a 1% cash back because its really not that good

get the CIBC aeroplan gold
you get 15k aeroplans to as a welcome too

Old Post 10-30-2008 01:59 AM
e36bmw/// is offline Click Here to See the Profile for e36bmw/// Click here to Send e36bmw/// a Private Message Find more posts by e36bmw/// Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
zarge
Neutral

What I drive: 07 Avalanche
Posts/Day: 0.05
Trader Rating: (4)
User Rating: 91%

quote:

Do NOT get aeroplan gold. My friend flew to england on aeroplan and ended up paying $750 in taxes + surcharges($350 of it was a surprise when he got there for fuel surcharge). My other friend met him 2 days later on a discount line for $720.
Air Canada is a bunch of rip off artists and I refuse to fly with them whenever possible!

Old Post 10-30-2008 02:00 AM
zarge is offline Click Here to See the Profile for zarge Click here to Send zarge a Private Message Find more posts by zarge Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Isaiah
First Gear

What I drive: Audi B5 S4
Posts/Day: 0.25
Trader Rating: (12)
User Rating: 98%

quote:

Mosaik gold used to be the best and in my opinion Diners Club was 2nd. The amex platinum card (non-Costco version) I believe has now taken the lead in terms of airmiles to dollars spent ratio and overall benefits.

Since Mosaik killed their "anywhere in NA for 1600 airmiles" promo, the card pretty much sucks.

Old Post 10-30-2008 02:02 AM
Isaiah is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Isaiah Click here to Send Isaiah a Private Message Find more posts by Isaiah Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
w_man
Neutral

What I drive:
Trader Rating: (15)

quote:

if you are looking to fly ... RBC Avion is the best!!! i dont believe in the aeroplan or anything to do with Air Canada at that ... but with Avion you get the basic $1 a point plus I get gas from Esso so every 2 Esso extra points equal to 1 Avion point ... I am able to get ATLEAST 1 free flight to anywhere in North America per year (if not two).

The fact that there are absolutely no blackout dates, its pretty freakin good. If you can find the flight on Expedia (or any other website), call them up and they'll book the flight right away.

Old Post 10-30-2008 02:03 AM
w_man is offline Click Here to See the Profile for w_man Click here to Send w_man a Private Message Find more posts by w_man Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Mibz

What I drive:
Posts/Day: 1.27
Trader Rating: (15)

quote:

I've got the Mosiak Gold and love it, not that I have much other experience, it's just a nice card to have. Air Miles + 20% discount at WestJet FTW.

Old Post 10-30-2008 02:07 AM
Mibz is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Mibz Click here to Send Mibz a Private Message Find more posts by Mibz Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
eblend
Second Gear

What I drive: 03 Cadillac CTS
Posts/Day: 0.50

quote:

PC Financial is not bad, get about 30 bucks a month for groceries, not much but helps to an average joe

Old Post 10-30-2008 02:24 AM
eblend is offline Click Here to See the Profile for eblend Click here to Send eblend a Private Message Find more posts by eblend Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
anarchy
First Gear

What I drive:
Posts/Day: 0.14
Trader Rating: (24)

quote:

+1 for RBC Avion Visa. I have the Infinite Avion...haven't redeemed anything yet but seems to be pretty good so far.

Old Post 10-30-2008 02:32 AM
anarchy is offline Click Here to See the Profile for anarchy Click here to Send anarchy a Private Message Find more posts by anarchy Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Isaiah
First Gear

What I drive: Audi B5 S4
Posts/Day: 0.25
Trader Rating: (12)

quote:

Originally posted by Mibz
I've got the Mosiak Gold and love it, not that I have much other experience, it's just a nice card to have. Air Miles + 20% discount at WestJet FTW.

Sucks now compared to what it used to be.

Old Post 10-30-2008 03:28 AM
Isaiah is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Isaiah Click here to Send Isaiah a Private Message Find more posts by Isaiah Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Xtrema
Sixth Gear

What I drive: 2016 MB C450
Posts/Day: 1.55
Trader Rating: (4)
User Rating: 95%

quote:

I hate travel cards, almost all have restrictions.

PC works for me. Not hard to spend rewards every month for food.

Old Post 10-30-2008 04:05 AM
Xtrema is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Xtrema Click here to Send Xtrema a Private Message Find more posts by Xtrema Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
topmade
First Gear

What I drive: POS
Posts/Day: 0.16
Trader Rating: (45)
User Rating: 97%

quote:

Since we are on the topic, what's a good cash back card for the folks who don't do a lot of traveling?

Old Post 10-30-2008 04:20 AM
topmade is offline Click Here to See the Profile for topmade Click here to Send topmade a Private Message Find more posts by topmade Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
adamc
First Gear

What I drive: Lives in the left lane.
Posts/Day: 0.13
Trader Rating: (6)
User Rating: 97%

quote:

+1 avion infinite, my buddy uses his way more than I do and flies free several times per year.

Old Post 10-30-2008 04:23 AM
adamc is offline Click Here to See the Profile for adamc Click here to Send adamc a Private Message Find more posts by adamc Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
TACO.VIDAL
Banned

What I drive:
Posts/Day: 0.02
Trader Rating: (0)

quote:

starwood spg mastercard.

google it.

Old Post 10-30-2008 04:29 AM
TACO.VIDAL is offline Click Here to See the Profile for TACO.VIDAL Click here to Send TACO.VIDAL a Private Message Find more posts by TACO.VIDAL Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
JAYMEZ

What I drive:
Posts/Day: 0.82
Trader Rating: (17)

quote:

Avion Infinite , I use it every day , even if I have cash on me.. (just pay it off right after with the cash). Right now ive got enough points to go anywhere in Europe

2011 Mercedes C63 AMG //2009 Mercedes C350 SOLD //2008 BMW 335i SOLD //2006 Mercedes C Sold// 2002 BMW M3 SOLD// 2004 Porsche C4S SOLD// 2006 Audi S4 SOLD// 2005 Audi 1.8T SS SOLD// 2004 Subaru STi SOLD// 1994 LHD Toyota Supra SOLD//1993 LHD Mazda RX-7 SOLD // 2002 Honda S2000 SC SOLD// 2004 Range Rover SOLD//

Old Post 10-30-2008 04:29 AM
JAYMEZ is offline Click Here to See the Profile for JAYMEZ Click here to Send JAYMEZ a Private Message Find more posts by JAYMEZ Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Weapon_R

What I drive: 335i
Posts/Day: 1.65

quote:

Does anyone have a calculator I can use for Avion Infinite? It says that a short haul flight between Canada-U.S. is around 15,000 points ~ $15,000 (A flight under $350).

Then it says that 100 reward points = $1.00. This would mean that 15,000points = $150. A calculator where I can enter destinations to show whether they are short/long haul flights would be great.

Originally posted by r3cc0s
Felon or Mistermeiner

Old Post 10-30-2008 04:34 AM
Weapon_R is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Weapon_R Click here to Send Weapon_R a Private Message Find more posts by Weapon_R Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
TC2002

What I drive: X3
Posts/Day: 0.02
Trader Rating: (13)

quote:

I use PC as well. Redeem for anything...groceries (anything in store counts, as far as I know), flights, blockbuster, chapters...

Old Post 10-30-2008 04:44 AM
TC2002 is offline Click Here to See the Profile for TC2002 Click here to Send TC2002 a Private Message Find more posts by TC2002 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
ghostlyport
Neutral

What I drive:
Trader Rating: (30)

quote:

I got the TD rebates rewards card ,seems ok to me.. didn't really shop around tho

http://www.tdcanadatrust.com/tdvisa/rebate.jsp

Old Post 10-30-2008 04:49 AM
ghostlyport is offline Click Here to See the Profile for ghostlyport Click here to Send ghostlyport a Private Message Find more posts by ghostlyport Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
djayz
Third Gear

What I drive: MB C63
Posts/Day: 0.56
Trader Rating: (69)

quote:

My wallet contains:
MBNA Starwood Preferred Guest Mastercard
TD Rebate Rewards

Going to get the Capital One No Hassle Cash Rewards card next as a backup.

IMO no annual fee with cash back is the best.
If you spend alot meaning over 25k a year a card with an annual fee and some type of air rewards is good. But now adays there is so many companies that offer no fee cards so why pay $120 for a card and get a flight worth $400 out of it...not worth it.

Look into Capital One cards they have several now all no annual fee that are really good.

No Hassle Points Rewards
No Hassle Cash Rewards
No Hassle Miles Rewards

Are all good cards with no annual fee.

No Hassle Miles Ultra for Professionals has a 39 fee but you get double points.

Ideally if you want air rewards find one that covers the entire flight now just the fare.

I'm sure lots of us have learned the hard way when we go to book a flight with 15000 miles and you get the fare free and end up paying 250 in taxes.

My first card was a TD Travel Rewards which was a great card because every 7500 = 75 dollars so ideally it was 1%.
I switched to the cash rewards for obvious reasons.

Old Post 10-30-2008 05:02 AM
djayz is offline Click Here to See the Profile for djayz Click here to Send djayz a Private Message Visit djayz's homepage! Find more posts by djayz Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
cosmok
First Gear

What I drive:
Posts/Day: 0.12
Trader Rating: (14)

quote:

Originally posted by Weapon_R
Does anyone have a calculator I can use for Avion Infinite? It says that a short haul flight between Canada-U.S. is around 15,000 points ~ $15,000 (A flight under $350).

Then it says that 100 reward points = $1.00. This would mean that 15,000points = $150. A calculator where I can enter destinations to show whether they are short/long haul flights would be great.

I didn't feel like typing all this shit up, here's the page from the Infinite Avion rewards book. Not sure if it helps but it's better than what is on their site.

Old Post 10-30-2008 05:35 AM
cosmok is offline Click Here to See the Profile for cosmok Click here to Send cosmok a Private Message Find more posts by cosmok Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
richardchan2002
Slow and Furious

What I drive:
Posts/Day: 1.04
Trader Rating: (339)

quote:

TD Gold Elite.

-Free towing service
-1% Cash Back
-Bunch of other crap that I never use

Old Post 10-30-2008 05:49 AM
richardchan2002 is offline Click Here to See the Profile for richardchan2002 Click here to Send richardchan2002 a Private Message Visit richardchan2002's homepage! Find more posts by richardchan2002 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
The time now is 02:20 AM (GMT) Post New Thread   

Last Thread   Next Thread
Beyond.ca - Car Forums : Powered by vBulletin version 2.3.9 Beyond.ca - Car Forums > Lounge > Real Estate / Finance > What is your favorite reward CC

Show Printable Version | Email this Page | Subscribe to this Thread

Forum Rules: