Beyond.ca

Registration is free! Car Forums - Member Rides Car Forums - Find other members Car Forums - Calendar Car Forums - Frequently Asked Questions Forum Rules and Regulations Car Forums - Search Logout
Beyond.ca - Car Forums : Powered by vBulletin version 2.3.9 Beyond.ca - Car Forums > Lounge > Entertainment > Netflix Shows You Should Check Out

Author
Thread
Mar
Second Gear

What I drive: 2015 Hyundai Veloster
Posts/Day: 0.44
Trader Rating: (14)
User Rating: 88%

Thumbs up Netflix Shows You Should Check Out quote:

A lot of people are enjoying the other Netflix thread I started so I figure I'll post up some of the things I've been watching since I got the service that other people may enjoy. Some of these shows really surprised me at how good they are.

I Shouldn't Be Alive
This is a show about people put into extreme circumstances and many of them coming within hours of death. I just watched an episode about a guy that was adrift at sea in a life raft for 76 days, it was insane. I can't recommend this show enough.

I Almost Got Away With It
A show about people that committed terrible crimes like murder and went on the run from the law. Most of them went to Mexico, many of them went to another state. One guy was on the run for 28 years before they caught him.

Lockup
A show about life inside some famous US prisons like San Quentin and how the inmates live day to day. Many of the episodes are on things like how to make weapons, how people live in segregation, the execution chamber (Holman) and gay relations.

30 Days
This is a Morgan Spurlock show, the guy that made Supersize Me. It's about people taken out of their tunnel view lives and put into a world the total opposite of their views. The ones I've seen so far include:
- himself as a rich man trying to survive on the minimum wage system
- an overweight guy trying to use every diet enhancing drug and system available to man
- a faithful Christian living in Dearborn Michigan, Muslim capital of America
- an all-American army guy living in the Castro district of San Francisco
The show revolves around these various people as they live these different lives for a total of 30 days and what they learn from seeing the other side.

Post some of the shows you think are great but people may not be aware of. Of course there are a lot of great well known shows on there but I'm sure people are already aware of those.

Once again, some of these may only be available on the USA version of Netflix which can be set up in Canada by following the details in the other thread.

Originally posted by Go4Long
or else what? you'll turn on the caps lock?
you do realize this is the internet right? lol

Originally posted by rob the knob
mar, you are good guy at heart
you must realize your limitations
then you will be happy if you fine place in live

Originally posted by blitz
Jesus man, I know you like Transformers, but you need to get out more. No one should get this upset over a movie based on children's toys.

Report this post | IP: Logged

Old Post 10-08-2012 02:08 AM
Mar is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Mar Click here to Send Mar a Private Message Find more posts by Mar Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote

D'z Nutz
Super Moderator

What I drive: Southerners out of the North
Posts/Day: 0.98
Trader Rating: (122)
User Rating: 111%

Re: Netflix Shows You Should Check Out quote:

Originally posted by Mar
It's about people taken out of their tunnel view lives and put into a world the total opposite of their views.

You don't say?

Old Post 10-08-2012 05:20 AM
D'z Nutz is offline Click Here to See the Profile for D'z Nutz Click here to Send D'z Nutz a Private Message Visit D'z Nutz's homepage! Find more posts by D'z Nutz Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
funkedelic2
First Gear

What I drive: '08 AW E92 335i
Posts/Day: 0.34
Trader Rating: (2)
User Rating: 91%

quote:

Misfits, breaking bad, Jericho to name a few

Old Post 10-08-2012 06:47 AM
funkedelic2 is offline Click Here to See the Profile for funkedelic2 Click here to Send funkedelic2 a Private Message Find more posts by funkedelic2 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
ExtraSlow
Third Gear

What I drive: 2010 Recession Fighter LX
Posts/Day: 1.10
Trader Rating: (27)
User Rating: 101%

quote:

My wife was watching Jericho, but I never could get into it. Thought the plot was unbelievable, and the characters unrelatable.

It's all about the nature documentaries for me.

Originally posted by R154
Let me break this down for you since clearly you wear a helmet full time.

I basically am calling you an idiot altogether. I am no longer attempting to show you a reasoned argument, I'm attempting to be entertaining at your expense.

Old Post 10-08-2012 02:52 PM
ExtraSlow is offline Click Here to See the Profile for ExtraSlow Click here to Send ExtraSlow a Private Message Find more posts by ExtraSlow Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
A|pine

What I drive:
Posts/Day: 0.02
User Rating: 100%

quote:

This is a little juvenile, but I heard the cartoon from some of my coworkers was really good.

Avatar: the last air bender (was previously played on ytv for a bit).

Old Post 10-11-2012 06:31 AM
A|pine is offline Click Here to See the Profile for A|pine Click here to Send A|pine a Private Message Find more posts by A|pine Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
funkedelic2
First Gear

What I drive: '08 AW E92 335i
Posts/Day: 0.34

quote:

Avatar is the shit. It's a kids show but I loved it and anyone I've recommended that show to has loved it as well.

Old Post 10-11-2012 06:51 AM
funkedelic2 is offline Click Here to See the Profile for funkedelic2 Click here to Send funkedelic2 a Private Message Find more posts by funkedelic2 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
C_Dave45
First Gear

What I drive:
Posts/Day: 0.44
Trader Rating: (5)
User Rating: 102%

Re: Re: Netflix Shows You Should Check Out quote:

Originally posted by D'z Nutz

You don't say?

LMAO!!!! Gold, right there!!

Originally posted by ExtraSlow

It's all about the nature documentaries for me.

X3!!
OasisHD, Discovery, NatGeoHD...FTW!!!!

Old Post 10-11-2012 01:58 PM
C_Dave45 is offline Click Here to See the Profile for C_Dave45 Click here to Send C_Dave45 a Private Message Visit C_Dave45's homepage! Find more posts by C_Dave45 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
dj_patm
Neutral

What I drive: 2013 Genesis Coupe
Posts/Day: 0.06
Trader Rating: (0)

quote:

WWII in color is fantastic.
Really makes it seem more "real".

Obviously there are the regular shows:

- Community
- Breaking Bad
- Walking Dead
- Californication

and a ton of other well known, quality tv shows.

Last edited by dj_patm on 01-21-2013 at 08:46 PM

Old Post 10-11-2012 02:34 PM
dj_patm is offline Click Here to See the Profile for dj_patm Click here to Send dj_patm a Private Message Find more posts by dj_patm Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
flipstah
The Gimp

What I drive: exploded.
Posts/Day: 1.98
Trader Rating: (13)
User Rating: 102%

quote:

Originally posted by dj_patm

Spend the whole Thanksgiving weekend watching it. So mesmerzing and shocking at the same time.

I'm definitely checking out '30 Days'.

As for a movie, check out 'The Walk' with Martin Sheen.

Old Post 10-11-2012 03:26 PM
flipstah is offline Click Here to See the Profile for flipstah Click here to Send flipstah a Private Message Visit flipstah's homepage! Find more posts by flipstah Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
buh_buh
Mr. Beyond

What I drive:
Posts/Day: 1.36
Trader Rating: (37)

quote:

Not sure if these are all on CDN Netflix, but shows everyone should check out:

Workaholics
The League
Archer

Old Post 10-11-2012 05:31 PM
buh_buh is offline Click Here to See the Profile for buh_buh Click here to Send buh_buh a Private Message Find more posts by buh_buh Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
95EG6P
First Gear

What I drive: K20A2
Posts/Day: 0.25
Trader Rating: (48)

quote:

Weeds, prison break ,

Old Post 10-11-2012 05:36 PM
95EG6P is offline Click Here to See the Profile for 95EG6P Click here to Send 95EG6P a Private Message Visit 95EG6P's homepage! Find more posts by 95EG6P Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Eride
First Gear

What I drive:
Posts/Day: 0.16

quote:

The BBC version of Sherlock is amazing. Season 2 out now, might be USA netflix though.

Old Post 10-11-2012 05:56 PM
Eride is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Eride Click here to Send Eride a Private Message Visit Eride's homepage! Find more posts by Eride Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
cancer man
Neutral

What I drive: Saab 9-5
Posts/Day: 0.10
User Rating: 99%

quote:

Lilyhammer.

Old Post 10-11-2012 07:58 PM
cancer man is offline Click Here to See the Profile for cancer man Click here to Send cancer man a Private Message Visit cancer man's homepage! Find more posts by cancer man Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
wintonyk
Neutral

What I drive: Has 5 wheels.
Posts/Day: 0.08
Trader Rating: (6)

quote:

Originally posted by dj_patm

Obviously there is the regular shows:

- Community
- Breaking Bad
- Walking Dead
- Californication

and a ton of other well known, quality tv shows.

I am hooked on WW2 in colour. The detail is mind blowing. I like the footage from both allied and axis.

I think they took it down, but I watched Everest Beyond the Limit on there and that was pretty awesome.

Just started Lost again from the beginning.

Old Post 10-11-2012 08:47 PM
wintonyk is offline Click Here to See the Profile for wintonyk Click here to Send wintonyk a Private Message Find more posts by wintonyk Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
dansmith11

What I drive: fg2
Posts/Day: 0.02
Trader Rating: (0)

quote:

The Good Guys

cheese-ball action-comedy about some cops. good for some laughs if you dont take your TV too seriously.

Old Post 10-11-2012 10:22 PM
dansmith11 is offline Click Here to See the Profile for dansmith11 Click here to Send dansmith11 a Private Message Find more posts by dansmith11 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
bourge73
First Gear

What I drive: CRV, Expedition, Maxima
Posts/Day: 0.27
Trader Rating: (35)
User Rating: 94%

quote:

+1 one the WWII shows, I'm hooked. AND, lol at the Avatar:Last Airbender I watch that with my kid and love it haaaaaaaaha

A Ferrari is a high maintenance chick, you spend money regardless of what you do with her. You can baby the C63, or slap on all seasons, and you won't be spending anything but yearly maintenance. Of course that's like dating a stripper and refusing to fuck her, which would make you gay.

Originally posted by Rage2

Old Post 10-12-2012 12:00 AM
bourge73 is offline Click Here to See the Profile for bourge73 Click here to Send bourge73 a Private Message Find more posts by bourge73 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
cycosis
Second Gear

What I drive: 2008 Mercedes Benz C230, 1968 Chevy Impala
Posts/Day: 0.35
Trader Rating: (3)

quote:

Better off Ted lasted only 2 seasons but I find it quite good. Corporate life humour.

1968 Impala: Status: Stored for restoration
1977 Dodge Triple E RV: Status: Sold
1989 Mercedes Benz 420 SEL: Status: Sold
2008 Mercedes Benz C230: Status: Crusing
2000 Bluebird TC2000: Deconstruction phase of skoolie build

Old Post 10-12-2012 06:39 PM
cycosis is offline Click Here to See the Profile for cycosis Click here to Send cycosis a Private Message Find more posts by cycosis Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
FixedGear
First Gear

What I drive:
Posts/Day: 0.19

quote:

Are you guys talking about WWII from the history channel (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/WWII_in_HD) or the one from the military channel (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/World_War_II_In_HD_Colour)? I'm watching the history channel one and its pretty good, but based on Wikipedia it seems less comprehensive than the military channel one.

Originally posted by HiTempguy1
Nope, their just idiots who took themselves out of the gene pool.

Old Post 10-22-2012 06:27 AM
FixedGear is offline Click Here to See the Profile for FixedGear Click here to Send FixedGear a Private Message Find more posts by FixedGear Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
JDMMAN
First Gear

What I drive: '91 NA1 ADVAN'D
Posts/Day: 0.08
Trader Rating: (5)
User Rating: 95%

quote:

Archer is too funny.

S3, Episode 13 - Space Race part 2
"Gone to outer space to shoot that d*ckbag in the face" to the tune of Frank Sinatra's "Fly me to the moon"

Last edited by JDMMAN on 01-22-2013 at 04:25 AM

Old Post 01-20-2013 09:28 PM
JDMMAN is offline Click Here to See the Profile for JDMMAN Click here to Send JDMMAN a Private Message Find more posts by JDMMAN Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
finboy
Fourth Gear

What I drive: EL crapo
Posts/Day: 1.00
Trader Rating: (16)

quote:

Increasingly poor decisions of bob Margaret is great

Workaholics just seems like a shitty rip off of always sunny

Old Post 01-20-2013 09:41 PM
finboy is offline Click Here to See the Profile for finboy Click here to Send finboy a Private Message Find more posts by finboy Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
The time now is 10:48 PM (GMT) Post New Thread   

Last Thread   Next Thread
Beyond.ca - Car Forums : Powered by vBulletin version 2.3.9 Beyond.ca - Car Forums > Lounge > Entertainment > Netflix Shows You Should Check Out

Show Printable Version | Email this Page | Subscribe to this Thread

Forum Rules: