Beyond.ca

Registration is free! Car Forums - Member Rides Car Forums - Find other members Car Forums - Calendar Car Forums - Frequently Asked Questions Forum Rules and Regulations Car Forums - Search Logout
Beyond.ca - Car Forums : Powered by vBulletin version 2.3.9 Beyond.ca - Car Forums > Lounge > Fashion and Luxury > Where do you go for your haircut ?

Author
Thread
XXXXXX
Banned

What I drive: R33
Posts/Day: 0.11
Trader Rating: (0)
User Rating: 100%

Where do you go for your haircut ? quote:

Just curious where people go nowadays. I don't care to search because new places open and old places close so I want an updated list. Recommend places/people and/or tell me where to stay away from.

I seem to go somewhere different every time because I cant find what I'm looking for.

Report this post | IP: Logged

Old Post 06-13-2013 07:25 AM
XXXXXX is offline Click Here to See the Profile for XXXXXX Click here to Send XXXXXX a Private Message Find more posts by XXXXXX Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote

Joe-G
Second Gear

What I drive: Toyota 86 Wannabe (FR-S)
Posts/Day: 0.54
Trader Rating: (71)
User Rating: 96%

quote:

I hear Lokal Fokas Head Shops is pretty good?

Photo by: Kevin Chow

Old Post 06-13-2013 07:39 AM
Joe-G is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Joe-G Click here to Send Joe-G a Private Message Find more posts by Joe-G Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
XXXXXX
Banned

What I drive: R33

quote:

Originally posted by Joe-G
I hear Lokal Fokas Head Shops is pretty good?

You've never been there ?

Old Post 06-13-2013 07:52 AM
XXXXXX is offline Click Here to See the Profile for XXXXXX Click here to Send XXXXXX a Private Message Find more posts by XXXXXX Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
ExtraSlow
Third Gear

What I drive:
Posts/Day: 1.02
Trader Rating: (20)
User Rating: 103%

quote:

Guys Haircut?

The Barber Chair on 4th St NW.
or if I'm out in the east side of town, Vista Barber Shop.

Originally posted by Seth1968
I take back anything and everything I've said about anything and everything.

Old Post 06-13-2013 12:40 PM
ExtraSlow is offline Click Here to See the Profile for ExtraSlow Click here to Send ExtraSlow a Private Message Find more posts by ExtraSlow Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
AudiPWR
Neutral

What I drive:
User Rating: 99%

quote:

Logix hair, ask for Tony or Moe.

Bunch of super chill dudes run this salon, it's right next to Mount Royal.

Oh yeah, and they're straight.

Old Post 06-13-2013 01:09 PM
AudiPWR is offline Click Here to See the Profile for AudiPWR Click here to Send AudiPWR a Private Message Find more posts by AudiPWR Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Clever
First Gear

What I drive: Jeep Commander
Posts/Day: 0.16
Trader Rating: (13)

quote:

I live in Evergreen and I go see Bless at Lokal Fokas. I highly recommend him. Corbett the barber if you're looking for someone DT.

Old Post 06-13-2013 02:16 PM
Clever is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Clever Click here to Send Clever a Private Message Find more posts by Clever Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
darthVWader
Neutral

What I drive: TDI
Trader Rating: (2)

quote:

MVP in Bridgeland

Old Post 06-13-2013 03:16 PM
darthVWader is offline Click Here to See the Profile for darthVWader Click here to Send darthVWader a Private Message Find more posts by darthVWader Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Isaiah
First Gear

What I drive: Audi B5 S4
Posts/Day: 0.32
Trader Rating: (12)
User Rating: 98%

quote:

There's a new(er) place on 17th Ave around 7th St called Mofos barber shop. Haven't been there but man do I like the sound of that. Moreso the right to say "you better cut it right motherfucker!" appeals to me.

Old Post 06-13-2013 03:30 PM
Isaiah is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Isaiah Click here to Send Isaiah a Private Message Find more posts by Isaiah Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
ExtraSlow
Third Gear

What I drive:
Posts/Day: 1.02
Trader Rating: (20)
User Rating: 103%

quote:

I used to go to the MVP in Kensington, but they turned over all of my favourite girls, and the new ones screwed up my cut. For nearly double the price of a barber, it better be right. Interestngly, never had a barber mess up my cut.

Originally posted by Seth1968
I take back anything and everything I've said about anything and everything.

Old Post 06-13-2013 03:36 PM
ExtraSlow is offline Click Here to See the Profile for ExtraSlow Click here to Send ExtraSlow a Private Message Find more posts by ExtraSlow Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
know1edge
First Gear

What I drive:
Posts/Day: 0.22
Trader Rating: (17)

quote:

I was going to Razor's Edge for a the last few years, one of the guys just opened his own shop with his brother in Discovery Ridge, called Cutting Edge

http://www.cuttingedgecalgary.com/

Old Post 06-13-2013 03:39 PM
know1edge is offline Click Here to See the Profile for know1edge Click here to Send know1edge a Private Message Find more posts by know1edge Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
woodywoodford
Neutral

What I drive: Car
Posts/Day: 0.28

quote:

Jaime @ Influence. A bit more expensive but worth it.

I can't comment on any of the shops mentioned but after trying probably dozens of them over the years, Jaime's the first one to actually take interest in finding something that works rather than just giving you a "generic men's cut". I would try a gay barber if I could find one though. Feel like they'd know best.

Old Post 06-13-2013 03:54 PM
woodywoodford is offline Click Here to See the Profile for woodywoodford Click here to Send woodywoodford a Private Message Find more posts by woodywoodford Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Graham_A_M
Fourth Gear

What I drive: 7 cars trucks & bikes. From 1938 till new.
Posts/Day: 1.74
Trader Rating: (42)
User Rating: 96%

quote:

Ive been going to Deer Valley Barber Shop for about 17 years now, yeah its been a while hahaha.

Im quite happy with them, its best for you to know what you're after before hand, since what you want and what they think would look good may differ a bit.

Old Post 06-13-2013 04:20 PM
Graham_A_M is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Graham_A_M Click here to Send Graham_A_M a Private Message Find more posts by Graham_A_M Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
vengie
First Gear

What I drive: Runs on recycled dinosaurs.
Posts/Day: 0.30
Trader Rating: (10)
User Rating: 93%

quote:

Originally posted by know1edge
I was going to Razor's Edge for a the last few years, one of the guys just opened his own shop with his brother in Discovery Ridge, called Cutting Edge

http://www.cuttingedgecalgary.com/

Tarek does a great job, I used to go to razors edge when he was still there, before I started shaving my own head.
I'll have to check out his new shop.

Originally posted by max_boost
Continuous improvement my friend. Get the degree, get a job, acquire experience, acquire knowledge, acquire currency, acquire bitches, keep moving forward.

Old Post 06-13-2013 04:26 PM
vengie is offline Click Here to See the Profile for vengie Click here to Send vengie a Private Message Find more posts by vengie Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Hallowed_point
Second Gear

What I drive: SN95 5.0
Posts/Day: 1.65
Trader Rating: (1)

quote:

Check out Omar's on Elbow (old school Lebanese barbers ) unless you want one of those fruitcake fob haircuts..

Last edited by Hallowed_point on 06-13-2013 at 06:14 PM

Old Post 06-13-2013 06:02 PM
Hallowed_point is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Hallowed_point Click here to Send Hallowed_point a Private Message Find more posts by Hallowed_point Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
CanmoreOrLess
First Gear

What I drive:
Posts/Day: 0.76
User Rating: 92%

quote:

Since 1999, I use:

Save all the hair clippings to resurface my car interior (headliner, steering wheel and dash done so far) and the unspent barber/salon money goes towards buying nickel based coins. Win/win.

Last edited by CanmoreOrLess on 06-13-2013 at 06:25 PM

Old Post 06-13-2013 06:16 PM
CanmoreOrLess is offline Click Here to See the Profile for CanmoreOrLess Click here to Send CanmoreOrLess a Private Message Find more posts by CanmoreOrLess Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Marsh
Neutral

What I drive: 328i
Posts/Day: 0.06
Trader Rating: (5)

quote:

I just go to first choice or local leb barber. I can't understand paying more than $20 for a haircut. I've gone to high end, and they basically did the same job that people at first choice did haha

Originally posted by 8baller8

I can understand Econ students not getting hired. But not hiring Haskayne students is ridiculous, IMO.

Old Post 06-13-2013 06:51 PM
Marsh is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Marsh Click here to Send Marsh a Private Message Find more posts by Marsh Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Sugarphreak
Fourth Gear

What I drive: Has armor, 35s, and 3 pedals
Posts/Day: 2.35
User Rating: 150%

quote:

First choice, Supercuts, no real preference aside from the fact I prefer to get a cut from chicks.

So am I the only one that is shameless enough to admitting to using these places, haha

Old Post 06-13-2013 06:53 PM
Sugarphreak is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Sugarphreak Click here to Send Sugarphreak a Private Message Find more posts by Sugarphreak Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Hallowed_point
Second Gear

What I drive: SN95 5.0
Posts/Day: 1.65

quote:

Originally posted by Sugarphreak
First choice, Supercuts, no real preference aside from the fact I prefer to get a cut from chicks.

So am I the only one that is shameless enough to admitting to using these places, haha

I went to "First Choice" ONCE, asked for a fade & got a chuck liddell mohawk. Told the lady "just shave it all off" never again lol..

Old Post 06-13-2013 07:06 PM
Hallowed_point is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Hallowed_point Click here to Send Hallowed_point a Private Message Find more posts by Hallowed_point Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Isaiah
First Gear

What I drive: Audi B5 S4
Posts/Day: 0.32
Trader Rating: (12)

quote:

Originally posted by vengie

Tarek does a great job, I used to go to razors edge when he was still there, before I started shaving my own head.
I'll have to check out his new shop.

Is this Tarek that used to work at Mastercuts then went to work with his uncle at Pacific Place mall before opening his own place?

Old Post 06-13-2013 07:07 PM
Isaiah is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Isaiah Click here to Send Isaiah a Private Message Find more posts by Isaiah Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
eblend
Second Gear

What I drive: 03 Cadillac CTS
Posts/Day: 0.57
Trader Rating: (100)

quote:

Originally posted by Sugarphreak

Here I will help you out, this is where I go:

Do it at home myself, 6MM attachment, and sucks all the hair for minimal cleanup

I do a universal length cut, so why the hell would I pay someone else to do the same thing. My wife touches up the places I missed

Old Post 06-13-2013 07:07 PM
eblend is offline Click Here to See the Profile for eblend Click here to Send eblend a Private Message Find more posts by eblend Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
The time now is 02:25 PM (GMT) Post New Thread   

Last Thread   Next Thread

Show Printable Version | Email this Page | Subscribe to this Thread

Forum Rules: