Beyond.ca

Registration is free! Car Forums - Member Rides Car Forums - Find other members Car Forums - Calendar Car Forums - Frequently Asked Questions Forum Rules and Regulations Car Forums - Search Logout
Beyond.ca - Car Forums : Powered by vBulletin version 2.3.9 Beyond.ca - Car Forums > Car Forums > Marketplace > Cars, Trucks, Motorbikes, and Trailers > FS: 2009 Volvo V50 2.4i 5MT

Author
Thread
Gilerum

What I drive:
Posts/Day: 0.00
Trader Rating: (0)
User Rating: 100%

FS: 2009 Volvo V50 2.4i 5MT - $6500 quote:

For sale is a 2009 Volvo V50 wagon with:

- 2.4i normally aspirated (non-turbo) 5-cylinder engine;
- 5-speed manual transmission;
- FWD;
- no sunroof;
- manually (but fully) adjustable seats;
- contrast-stitched black textile seats (not leather).

This is a basic trim, but there is less to go wrong with the car and it lugs around less weight.

This car has been serviced exclusively at Valentine Volvo since brand new, I have all service records from the in-service date. Fully synthetic oil used since the break-in.

I'm the second owner of this car. The first owner's ownership ended in June 2011 / 45k kms with an accident that resulted in a REBUILT title. The car was hit on the front passenger corner. The passenger air bag was deactivated at that time and did not deploy (no console damage). I have pictures of the damage and the completed repairs with the bumper off. Also have a recent inspection report from Valentine Volvo.

Here is what was replaced:

- plastic bumper;
- the metal crumple zone/buffer behind the bumper;
- hood (aluminium);
- passenger side headlight;
- passenger side quarter panel;

The radiator is still original.

I purchased the car after it was repaired, and the issues I had to address since were as follows:

- power steering pump - noisy, replaced under warranty;
- a crack in an air conditioning hose - replaced under warranty, AC recharged;
- a front wheel alignment.

The only item requiring attention: the spare key/fob chip needs to be programmed.

No other issues to my best knowledge.

Very clean body with no door dings.

The vehicle comes with:

- Dog / cargo compartment guard;
- Cargo compartment cover;
- Model-specific winter tray mats (plus the stock ones);
- Protective cargo floor tray;
- Fresh windshield;
- Fresh oil change;
- New rear brake pads (the front ones are at 7mm);
- A set of winter tires+wheels. They are Japan-made NITTOs on steelies.

All season tires on OEM alloys are currently on the car and have one and a half seasons of use. They are US-made BF Goodrich g-Force (excellent for Alberta climate). Both sets are in 205/55/R16 OEM size with excellent thread.

The mileage over my 3 year / 90k kms ownership period is all highway as I live outside the city of Calgary limits and drive to C-train station on week days. The car is currently at 135600 kms and increasing as it's my daily driver.

It should only require normal wear & tear items (oil, brake pads etc) until the timing belt change at 192k km.

The price is $6500, which reflects the vehicle's REBUILT title. This is a great value for a 6 year old Belgian-built car.

Selling as it's time for a change. All offers in person. Contact by e-mail.

Last edited by Gilerum on 09-18-2014 at 09:01 PM

Report this post | IP: Logged

Old Post 10-28-2013 01:41 AM
Gilerum is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Gilerum Click here to Send Gilerum a Private Message Find more posts by Gilerum Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote

Gilerum

What I drive:

quote:

Pic 2

Attachment: front2.jpg

Old Post 10-28-2013 01:44 AM
Gilerum is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Gilerum Click here to Send Gilerum a Private Message Find more posts by Gilerum Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Gilerum

What I drive:

quote:

Pic 3

Attachment: side2.jpg

Old Post 10-28-2013 01:48 AM
Gilerum

What I drive:

quote:

Pic 4

Attachment: front1.jpg

Old Post 10-28-2013 01:51 AM
Gilerum

What I drive:

quote:

Pic 5

Attachment: side3.jpg

Old Post 10-28-2013 01:57 AM
Gilerum

What I drive:

quote:

Pic 6

Attachment: interior1.jpg

Old Post 10-28-2013 02:01 AM
Gilerum

What I drive:

quote:

Pic 7 - Here on winter wheels/tires

Attachment: rear1.jpg

Old Post 10-28-2013 02:05 AM
Gilerum

What I drive:

quote:

Price drop - $9800

Old Post 11-26-2013 04:46 AM
cidley69
First Gear

What I drive: '08 Ford Lariat
Posts/Day: 0.13
Trader Rating: (66)
User Rating: 96%

quote:

I've heard many insurance companies won't insure rebuilds. Is this true?

Old Post 11-26-2013 12:21 PM
cidley69 is offline Click Here to See the Profile for cidley69 Click here to Send cidley69 a Private Message Find more posts by cidley69 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
bruceod
First Gear

What I drive: Has wheels
Posts/Day: 0.14
Trader Rating: (4)
User Rating: 99%

quote:

Originally posted by cidley69
I've heard many insurance companies won't insure rebuilds. Is this true?

I've never had an issue before. Vehicles have to pass a very thorough inspection before they will issue a "rebuilt title". A lot of people are scared off of such vehicles but shouldn't be.

Old Post 11-26-2013 01:20 PM
bruceod is offline Click Here to See the Profile for bruceod Click here to Send bruceod a Private Message Find more posts by bruceod Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Gilerum

What I drive:

quote:

@bruceod: Thank you.

I did not have any issues insuring it with full coverage with the first company I called.

Regarding the rebuilt title fright factor, I believe a thorough pre-purchase inspection, understanding the exact extent of the damage and how it was repaired, and accepting that the vehicle will have a limited re-sale are the key.

The upside is, of course, that these make for great deals for the buyer. Especially if the buyer is the 'drive it into the grave' kind of an owner. Unfortunately for me, I'm finding I'm not that type.

Old Post 11-27-2013 03:05 AM
Gilerum

What I drive:

quote:

Wow, I forgot this ad was still up. A year later - $3K+ price drop to $6500.

Last edited by Gilerum on 09-18-2014 at 08:57 PM

Old Post 09-18-2014 08:45 PM
cancer man
Neutral

What I drive: Saab 9-5
Posts/Day: 0.10
Trader Rating: (2)

quote:

I tried buying this car for 2 years now.. i don't think you want to sell it.
I tried again and you are now on holidays. Pain and Suffering 4800.00.
And a free bump.

Old Post 08-31-2015 10:36 AM
cancer man is offline Click Here to See the Profile for cancer man Click here to Send cancer man a Private Message Visit cancer man's homepage! Find more posts by cancer man Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
theken
Third Gear

What I drive: is not as cool as my benz was
Posts/Day: 0.50
Trader Rating: (8)
User Rating: 94%

quote:

Old Post 01-04-2016 12:09 AM
theken is offline Click Here to See the Profile for theken Click here to Send theken a Private Message Find more posts by theken Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
cancer man
Neutral

What I drive: Saab 9-5
Posts/Day: 0.10
Trader Rating: (2)

quote:

Well i 'll try again since the add is still up and do you still have the car?

Old Post 08-06-2016 11:59 AM
cancer man is offline Click Here to See the Profile for cancer man Click here to Send cancer man a Private Message Visit cancer man's homepage! Find more posts by cancer man Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Gilerum

What I drive:

quote:

Sorry about the slow response - I don't visit the site often. Yes, still drive it. 158k on the odo now.

Old Post 08-29-2016 05:19 AM
The time now is 12:50 AM (GMT) Post New Thread   
  Last Thread   Next Thread
Beyond.ca - Car Forums : Powered by vBulletin version 2.3.9 Beyond.ca - Car Forums > Car Forums > Marketplace > Cars, Trucks, Motorbikes, and Trailers > FS: 2009 Volvo V50 2.4i 5MT

Show Printable Version | Email this Page | Subscribe to this Thread

Forum Rules: