Beyond.ca

Registration is free! Car Forums - Member Rides Car Forums - Find other members Car Forums - Calendar Car Forums - Frequently Asked Questions Forum Rules and Regulations Car Forums - Search Logout
Beyond.ca - Car Forums : Powered by vBulletin version 2.3.9 Beyond.ca - Car Forums > Lounge > General > Buyer Beware - Intact Insurance Manager called me an "idiot" via email

Author
Thread
JMaj7

What I drive: 2003 MB E320
Posts/Day: 0.01
Trader Rating: (0)
User Rating: 100%

Buyer Beware - Intact Insurance Manager called me an "idiot" via email quote:

Disclaimer:
The following is an opinion I have arrived at, due to my experience with Intact Insurance and it entails the best recollection I have of the sequence of events. This response was unprovoked and it is indicative of a deplorable culture that may or may not exist. Based on my personal experience, it is my opinion that this company's claims department has little or no regard for it's claimants.

Intact Insurance handles claims in a terrible way it seems. A member of their MANAGEMENT team called me an idiot and expressed a desire to "get rid of me". This is proof of a flawed culture in their Claims Department. Do not settle for what they offer you if you feel entitled to more because they will try to low ball and get rid of you. At least they have competition.

Last edited by JMaj7 on 11-12-2013 at 03:28 AM

Report this post | IP: Logged

Old Post 11-12-2013 02:51 AM
JMaj7 is offline Click Here to See the Profile for JMaj7 Click here to Send JMaj7 a Private Message Find more posts by JMaj7 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote

spikerS
Third Gear

What I drive: 2016 F-150 3.5L Ecoboost SCrew FX4
Posts/Day: 0.97
Trader Rating: (44)
User Rating: 103%

quote:

Awesome.

Yeah, insurance companies are a big PITA. I would be taking this up the chain, that email is pretty damning.

I personally would like to ask Janette Gibeau @ Intact insurance (1.800.387.0060 ext 34262) and see why she thinks it is cool to be calling clients idiots and why customer service entails "getting rid of them"

Originally posted by Mibz
Always a fucking awful experience seeing spikers. Extra awful when he laps me.

Old Post 11-12-2013 02:57 AM
spikerS is offline Click Here to See the Profile for spikerS Click here to Send spikerS a Private Message Visit spikerS's homepage! Find more posts by spikerS Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
eglove
Third Gear

What I drive: FERD
Posts/Day: 0.93
Trader Rating: (128)
User Rating: 94%

quote:

Send the copy of the email to higher ups.

Old Post 11-12-2013 02:59 AM
eglove is offline Click Here to See the Profile for eglove Click here to Send eglove a Private Message Find more posts by eglove Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
JMaj7

quote:

Here

Attachment: intactedited.jpg

Old Post 11-12-2013 02:59 AM
JMaj7 is offline Click Here to See the Profile for JMaj7 Click here to Send JMaj7 a Private Message Find more posts by JMaj7 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Sorath
REAL Pedophile

What I drive: VANS AND MORE VANS
Posts/Day: 0.72
Trader Rating: (52)
User Rating: 99%

quote:

looks like you weren't supposed to read that email haha

Originally posted by C_Dave45
I walked into one the other day, at 11:15 and she says "sorry, it's past 11". I said, "but the eggs are RIGHT THERE....in THAT door. You either grab me an egg, or you grab me a piece of turkey....what's the difference??". She still said "Sorry". WTF??

So I ordered the most disgusting tasting 12" sub, and at the end, said "Actually, I changed my mind. I'm going to head to the Subway down the road. They serve the breakfast sandwich all day long. Tell your boss, he can have this sandwich. Thanks anyways".

karmas gonna bite you in the ass

Old Post 11-12-2013 03:01 AM
Sorath is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Sorath Click here to Send Sorath a Private Message Find more posts by Sorath Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
eglove
Third Gear

What I drive: FERD
Posts/Day: 0.93
Trader Rating: (128)
User Rating: 94%

quote:

Lol...well that's pretty ironic @spikers

I think that was internal and they forgot to cut it out

Old Post 11-12-2013 03:01 AM
eglove is offline Click Here to See the Profile for eglove Click here to Send eglove a Private Message Find more posts by eglove Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
btimbit
Second Gear

What I drive: '16 Turbo VW
Posts/Day: 0.52
Trader Rating: (1)

quote:

Wow. Looks like it was meant to be internal. Extremely professional.

Old Post 11-12-2013 03:02 AM
btimbit is offline Click Here to See the Profile for btimbit Click here to Send btimbit a Private Message Find more posts by btimbit Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
CompletelyNumb
First Gear

What I drive: Ford F150
Posts/Day: 0.17

quote:

I don't get it. She sent that email to you? Or to someone else and it was forwarded to you? Seems out of context.

Old Post 11-12-2013 03:03 AM
CompletelyNumb is offline Click Here to See the Profile for CompletelyNumb Click here to Send CompletelyNumb a Private Message Find more posts by CompletelyNumb Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
FraserB
Third Gear

What I drive: GMT900
Posts/Day: 0.88
Trader Rating: (12)
User Rating: 98%

quote:

Back story on the claim?

Either way, extremely unprofessional and it looks like you'll probably get every penny you demand.

Originally posted by CompletelyNumb
I don't get it. She sent that email to you? Or to someone else and it was forwarded to you? Seems out of context.

I'd say OP isn't taking their initial offer and the agent replied all by accident.

Last edited by FraserB on 11-12-2013 at 03:12 AM

Old Post 11-12-2013 03:05 AM
FraserB is offline Click Here to See the Profile for FraserB Click here to Send FraserB a Private Message Find more posts by FraserB Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
btimbit
Second Gear

quote:

Originally posted by CompletelyNumb

My guess is it was meant for someone else but got sent to OP accidentally.

btimbit is offline Click Here to See the Profile for btimbit Click here to Send btimbit a Private Message Find more posts by btimbit Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
JMaj7

quote:

spikers - can you please remove her last name - i edited her name off for a reason even though i am not sure what that reason is lol

I did send it to middle and upper management and they have stopped responding to me after one short email. I had some concerns with how they were handling my claim and felt that this and their lack of follow up showed that they were not concerned.

btimbit
Second Gear

quote:

Originally posted by JMaj7
spikers - can you please remove her last name - i edited her name off for a reason even though i am not sure what that reason is lol

I say keep full details up until it gets resolved to your satisfaction. No reason to protect her if she's being a cunt

Old Post 11-12-2013 03:06 AM
JMaj7

quote:

Here's the back story as written to them:

I will summarize what I am sending this to you and why.

- was rear ended by your insured in January
- resulted in damaged property and injury
- appraisal came in with used bumper
-was not satisfied with old bumper due to concerns brought up by body shop
- reasoning provided was that "insurance companies do not provide new bumpers"
-contested statement with proof that my insurance paid for my new Mercedes Benz bumper in Winter last year.
- got in touch with management to try and approve amend to appraisal.
- manager said she understood my rationale and would try her best with appraisal department to approve new bumper.
- followed up weekly and eventually biweekly and received no reply until a new adjuster notified me recently that managers supposed efforts were not approved.
- requested cash settlement
- contested deduction of GST
- arranged for pick up on Friday, received no reply no callback when requesting instructions on said Friday
- On Monday, requested instructions for pick up again and cc'ed manager as an FYI
- manager replied calling me an "idiot" and instructing adjuster to "get rid of me"
- contacted another manager to sort out the "manual"
- posted screenshot of email on facebook and took it off due to overwhelming amount of comments
- wrote letter to Vice President of Claims - Mike Van Elsberg on the 24th
- he replied apologising and agreeing to cover the difference in cost of the new bumper.
- replied to Mr. Elsberg to adjust amount as the estimate I sent was for just parts and did not include labour. The difference is actually approximately $2000 parts and labour considered (appraisal amount - cost of used bumper+cost of new bumper)
-emailed Mr. Elsberg three times to no reply
- Emailed Mr. Elsberg to provide instructions for pick up of the amended difference.
- Emailed you to see things through

you is the guy in upper management

Old Post 11-12-2013 03:12 AM
FraserB
Third Gear

What I drive: GMT900
Posts/Day: 0.88
Trader Rating: (12)

quote:

This actually makes me a bit nervous for my aftermarket stuff, considering you're only looking to get a stock part fixed.

Old Post 11-12-2013 03:14 AM
FraserB is offline Click Here to See the Profile for FraserB Click here to Send FraserB a Private Message Find more posts by FraserB Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
roll_over
First Gear

What I drive: Can't driver because I'm legally blind
Posts/Day: 0.21
Trader Rating: (5)
User Rating: 101%

quote:

I have had bad experiences with them too this isn't surprising. They lowballed me and would not even return my call basically called me an idiot and said that I knew nothing. They told me to get the opinion of three mechanics because I was wrong. After getting the opinion of three different mechanics they still told me I was wrong but finally paid for what I was asking for.

Old Post 11-12-2013 03:15 AM
roll_over is offline Click Here to See the Profile for roll_over Click here to Send roll_over a Private Message Find more posts by roll_over Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
A790
PC Principal

What I drive: A future rustbucket.
Posts/Day: 1.31
Trader Rating: (68)
User Rating: 103%

quote:

No Photo.

Internet Marketing Solutions for Small Businesses & Niche Content Websites.

No contracts, just results. Websites, SEO, PPC, Content Creation. Learn more @ SimplifiedSEO.com (website under dev).

Old Post 11-12-2013 03:19 AM
A790 is offline Click Here to See the Profile for A790 Click here to Send A790 a Private Message Find more posts by A790 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Sugarphreak
Fifth Gear

What I drive: A moving pylon
Posts/Day: 2.09
Trader Rating: (4)
User Rating: 155%

quote:

Frustrated or not, they shouldn't be sending e-mails like that internally

Personally I think it shows they have a bad culture at Intact with respect to their clients.

Old Post 11-12-2013 03:26 AM
Sugarphreak is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Sugarphreak Click here to Send Sugarphreak a Private Message Find more posts by Sugarphreak Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
kvg
Second Gear

What I drive: A VW and a Dodge
Posts/Day: 0.81
Trader Rating: (5)

quote:

Another job lost, brought to you by the reply all button.

click for larger version
» Click image for larger version

Old Post 11-12-2013 03:30 AM
kvg is offline Click Here to See the Profile for kvg Click here to Send kvg a Private Message Find more posts by kvg Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
ga16i
First Gear

What I drive: '01 B15 Sentra & '10 C11X Versa 6Sp 5Dr
Posts/Day: 0.22
Trader Rating: (9)

quote:

Originally posted by JMaj7

I did send it to middle and upper management and they have stopped responding to me after one short email.

A communications disruption can mean only one thing... prepare to govern yourself accordingly.

Old Post 11-12-2013 03:43 AM
ga16i is offline Click Here to See the Profile for ga16i Click here to Send ga16i a Private Message Find more posts by ga16i Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
ercchry
Fifth Gear

What I drive: E90M3 510 Wagon
Posts/Day: 1.51
Trader Rating: (6)
User Rating: 99%

quote:

I'd say contact intact's ombudsman. I had to with wawa once and it really made them start paying attention

Old Post 11-12-2013 03:44 AM
ercchry is offline Click Here to See the Profile for ercchry Click here to Send ercchry a Private Message Visit ercchry's homepage! Find more posts by ercchry Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
The time now is 04:43 PM (GMT) Post New Thread   

Last Thread   Next Thread
Beyond.ca - Car Forums : Powered by vBulletin version 2.3.9 Beyond.ca - Car Forums > Lounge > General > Buyer Beware - Intact Insurance Manager called me an "idiot" via email

Show Printable Version | Email this Page | Subscribe to this Thread

Forum Rules: