Beyond.ca

Registration is free! Car Forums - Member Rides Car Forums - Find other members Car Forums - Calendar Car Forums - Frequently Asked Questions Forum Rules and Regulations Car Forums - Search Logout
Beyond.ca - Car Forums : Powered by vBulletin version 2.3.9 Beyond.ca - Car Forums > Lounge > Society / Law / Current Events / Politics > Home builder vs nenshi goes another round

Author
Thread
finboy
Fourth Gear

What I drive: EL crapo
Posts/Day: 0.99
Trader Rating: (16)
User Rating: 100%

Home builder vs nenshi goes another round quote:

http://www.cbc.ca/m/touch/canada/ca...story/1.2428488

This should be interesting

Report this post | IP: Logged

Old Post 11-15-2013 08:55 PM
finboy is offline Click Here to See the Profile for finboy Click here to Send finboy a Private Message Find more posts by finboy Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote

rage2

What I drive: Ricer SUV, Lexus Coupe in Mid Life Crisis Orange
Posts/Day: 1.11
Trader Rating: (25)
User Rating: 99%

quote:

Wenzel will lose. Nenshi is very smart in how he says things, anything that is accusatory is wrapped as an opinion that he truly feels is legitimate. Pretty much what I've taught all of you to do on beyond haha.

I followed the whole part 1 of the Nenshi vs homebuilders fued, and Nenshi said nothing that could've been used against him for defamation.

Originally posted by SEANBANERJEE
I have gone above and beyond what I should rightfully have to do to protect my good name

Old Post 11-15-2013 09:05 PM
rage2 is offline Click Here to See the Profile for rage2 Click here to Send rage2 a Private Message Visit rage2's homepage! Find more posts by rage2 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
suntan
First Gear

What I drive:
Posts/Day: 0.24
Trader Rating: (0)
User Rating: 97%

quote:

Originally posted by rage2
Wenzel will lose. Nenshi is very smart in how he says things, anything that is accusatory is wrapped as an opinion that he truly feels is legitimate. Pretty much what I've taught all of you to do on beyond haha.

I followed the whole part 1 of the Nenshi vs homebuilders fued, and Nenshi said nothing that could've been used against him for defamation.

Yikes. Well, that's not really true. Defending a statement as opinion isn't foolproof. If the statement, even if it is an opinion, can be proven true or false then it is actionable.

I think one of the ex-mods over at CP got in trouble ages ago over this.

Anyhoo whatever.

Old Post 11-15-2013 09:32 PM
suntan is offline Click Here to See the Profile for suntan Click here to Send suntan a Private Message Find more posts by suntan Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
austic
Neutral

What I drive: Born in Stuttgart
Posts/Day: 0.07

quote:

So really now the builder will cost us tax dollars to defend this suit as I bet Nenshi does not have to pay his own legal fees as mayor.

Old Post 11-15-2013 09:42 PM
austic is online now Click Here to See the Profile for austic Click here to Send austic a Private Message Find more posts by austic Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Xtrema
Sixth Gear

What I drive: 2016 MB C450
Posts/Day: 1.54
Trader Rating: (4)
User Rating: 95%

quote:

If the lawsuit is based on that interview, don't think Wenzel has a chance.

This is just throwing some money out and say fuck you.

Old Post 11-15-2013 09:59 PM
Xtrema is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Xtrema Click here to Send Xtrema a Private Message Find more posts by Xtrema Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
roopi
Second Gear

What I drive:
Posts/Day: 0.31
Trader Rating: (49)
User Rating: 237%

quote:

So to avoid getting sued I would say 'In my opinion Cal Wenzel is an idiot'? Or am I not understanding this correctly?

Old Post 11-15-2013 11:23 PM
roopi is offline Click Here to See the Profile for roopi Click here to Send roopi a Private Message Find more posts by roopi Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
FraserB
Third Gear

What I drive: GMT900
Posts/Day: 0.88
Trader Rating: (12)
User Rating: 98%

quote:

Originally posted by suntan
Yikes. Well, that's not really true. Defending a statement as opinion isn't foolproof. If the statement, even if it is an opinion, can be proven true or false then it is actionable.

I think one of the ex-mods over at CP got in trouble ages ago over this.

Anyhoo whatever.

If this was the case, Beyond would have been shut down 7 or 8 lawsuits ago lol. Even one of the lawyers who wrote a letter to Rage got put through the wringer over shitty spelling and grammar.

Old Post 11-16-2013 01:17 AM
FraserB is offline Click Here to See the Profile for FraserB Click here to Send FraserB a Private Message Find more posts by FraserB Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Khyron
Second Gear

What I drive: 13 Scion FR-S, 11 Mitsu Outlander
Posts/Day: 0.30
Trader Rating: (52)
User Rating: 105%

quote:

Originally posted by roopi

So to avoid getting sued I would say 'In my opinion Cal Wenzel is an idiot'? Or am I not understanding this correctly?

I believe Cal Wenzel was responsible for 9/11. I've never met him, but how he writes just strikes me as shady. I also think it's possible he killed a hooker.

You can't sue me for having an opinion.

Old Post 11-16-2013 01:44 AM
Khyron is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Khyron Click here to Send Khyron a Private Message Find more posts by Khyron Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
suntan
First Gear

What I drive:
Posts/Day: 0.24
User Rating: 97%

quote:

Originally posted by FraserB

If this was the case, Beyond would have been shut down 7 or 8 lawsuits ago lol. Even one of the lawyers who wrote a letter to Rage got put through the wringer over shitty spelling and grammar.

Well, they still need to prove damage stemmed from the statement. I highly doubt that's ever happened from stuff here.

Old Post 11-16-2013 01:48 AM
suntan is offline Click Here to See the Profile for suntan Click here to Send suntan a Private Message Find more posts by suntan Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
ZenOps
Neutral

What I drive:
Posts/Day: 0.08

quote:

Since when is "godfather" derogatory or worthy of defamation.

It used to be quite the compliment - before the movie.

If he said that he was going to cut off his nose, that would be slightly more worthy of suing.

As for Beyond: Yous grammer nazis are getting youreself bent out of shape.

Last edited by ZenOps on 11-16-2013 at 02:41 AM

Old Post 11-16-2013 02:38 AM
ZenOps is online now Click Here to See the Profile for ZenOps Click here to Send ZenOps a Private Message Find more posts by ZenOps Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
GoChris
FKA: rlde.us

What I drive: Sentra
Posts/Day: 0.31
Trader Rating: (53)

quote:

Cal Wenzel seems like a shady business person from what I've seen of him on the moving picture box.

Old Post 11-16-2013 03:10 AM
GoChris is offline Click Here to See the Profile for GoChris Click here to Send GoChris a Private Message Find more posts by GoChris Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
heavyfuel
Forum Sponsor

What I drive: Lurkwagon
Posts/Day: 0.26
Trader Rating: (1)
User Rating: 96%

quote:

Don't really know nothing about nothing on this topic, other than I'd like to see an, in my opinion, arrogant fuck get put in his place.

Old Post 11-17-2013 03:23 PM
heavyfuel is offline Click Here to See the Profile for heavyfuel Click here to Send heavyfuel a Private Message Visit heavyfuel's homepage! Find more posts by heavyfuel Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
GTS4tw
First Gear

What I drive: Volvo S60 & Jeep GC

quote:

Originally posted by heavyfuel
Don't really know nothing about nothing on this topic, other than I'd like to see an, in my opinion, arrogant fuck get put in his place.

Who do you mean? Could apply to either guy IMO.

Old Post 11-17-2013 03:31 PM
GTS4tw is offline Click Here to See the Profile for GTS4tw Click here to Send GTS4tw a Private Message Find more posts by GTS4tw Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
heavyfuel
Forum Sponsor

What I drive: Lurkwagon
Trader Rating: (1)
User Rating: 96%

quote:

Originally posted by GTS4tw

Who do you mean? Could apply to either guy IMO.

That's right. I guess they can both try to sue me now haha.

Old Post 11-17-2013 04:40 PM
heavyfuel is offline Click Here to See the Profile for heavyfuel Click here to Send heavyfuel a Private Message Visit heavyfuel's homepage! Find more posts by heavyfuel Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Sugarphreak
Fifth Gear

What I drive: A moving pylon
Posts/Day: 2.08
User Rating: 155%

quote:

Didn't Nenshi go on record stating that he was engaging in illegal activity? That may be, but if Nenshi can't prove it, there is some merit to Wenzel's claim.

Old Post 11-17-2013 04:45 PM
Sugarphreak is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Sugarphreak Click here to Send Sugarphreak a Private Message Find more posts by Sugarphreak Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
frozenrice
SpamMaster

What I drive: 90 DB1, 03 RL1, 07 YK1
Posts/Day: 0.54
Trader Rating: (44)

quote:

Originally posted by GoChris
Cal Wenzel seems like a shady business person from what I've seen of him on the moving picture box.

This is a good example of what Wenzel means when he talks of Nenshi speaking ill of him.
People who aren't involved in home building don't know otherwise and rely solely on what the media shows Nenshi saying. If you read some of the comments on either the Herald or Sun sites, there are a lot of people who have formed an opinion of Wenzel, some going as far as saying they won't ever buy a house from his company based on this incident.

Working in the building business, I've never heard a bad word about him or his company via all the trades that deal with him or his company. From what I understand from knowing people that have worked directly within his company, he's a total class act, far from the shady, mafia character that he's being made out to be. Of course this is all word of mouth. I don't know him personally nor have I ever met/dealt with him but only one side knows the truth. I'd lean more to the side that knows the building business a bit more.

Calgary is so much like an iphone: iCalgary - There's a bylaw for that.

Old Post 11-17-2013 05:46 PM
frozenrice is offline Click Here to See the Profile for frozenrice Click here to Send frozenrice a Private Message Find more posts by frozenrice Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
403Gemini
Fourth Gear

What I drive:
Posts/Day: 1.02

quote:

Originally posted by frozenrice

This is a good example of what Wenzel means when he talks of Nenshi speaking ill of him.
People who aren't involved in home building don't know otherwise and rely solely on what the media shows Nenshi saying. If you read some of the comments on either the Herald or Sun sites, there are a lot of people who have formed an opinion of Wenzel, some going as far as saying they won't ever buy a house from his company based on this incident.

Yep, exactly.

Social media is also rearing it's ugly head and acting as a double edged sword to Nenshi right now. He used it to attract younger followers, with that it brought on the immaturity of the lot. Death threats to Wenzel are likely huge Nenshi fan boys who think it's hilarious to 'troll' in real life.

Just makes me laugh to think this could basically be 6 million dollars avoided by a simple apology.

Originally posted by Mibz
She's already exhibiting signs of turning into my Mom, I need some sort of legal recourse if a full-blown transformation occurs.

Old Post 11-17-2013 05:56 PM
403Gemini is offline Click Here to See the Profile for 403Gemini Click here to Send 403Gemini a Private Message Find more posts by 403Gemini Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
rage2

What I drive: Ricer SUV, Lexus Coupe in Mid Life Crisis Orange
Posts/Day: 1.11
Trader Rating: (25)

quote:

Originally posted by Sugarphreak
Didn't Nenshi go on record stating that he was engaging in illegal activity? That may be, but if Nenshi can't prove it, there is some merit to Wenzel's claim.

No, Nenshi said Wenzel may have broken election laws and that an investigation should be started to look into the practices. There was no investigation nor inquiry and it ended there, because nothing illegal took place. Meanwhile, the public thinks Wenzel is shady.

It's pure genius on Nenshi's part.

Originally posted by SEANBANERJEE
I have gone above and beyond what I should rightfully have to do to protect my good name

Old Post 11-17-2013 05:56 PM
rage2 is offline Click Here to See the Profile for rage2 Click here to Send rage2 a Private Message Visit rage2's homepage! Find more posts by rage2 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
luxor
Neutral

What I drive: DUALLY TRUCK
Posts/Day: 0.05

quote:

I think Cal Wenzel is an idiot loser. Don't sue me please, I'm just a nobody with an opinion.

Old Post 11-17-2013 06:51 PM
luxor is offline Click Here to See the Profile for luxor Click here to Send luxor a Private Message Find more posts by luxor Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
frozenrice
SpamMaster

What I drive: 90 DB1, 03 RL1, 07 YK1
Posts/Day: 0.54
Trader Rating: (44)

quote:

Originally posted by luxor
I think Cal Wenzel is an idiot loser.

Based on what info? Just curious.....

Calgary is so much like an iphone: iCalgary - There's a bylaw for that.

Old Post 11-17-2013 07:05 PM
frozenrice is offline Click Here to See the Profile for frozenrice Click here to Send frozenrice a Private Message Find more posts by frozenrice Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
The time now is 04:08 PM (GMT) Post New Thread   

Last Thread   Next Thread
Beyond.ca - Car Forums : Powered by vBulletin version 2.3.9 Beyond.ca - Car Forums > Lounge > Society / Law / Current Events / Politics > Home builder vs nenshi goes another round

Show Printable Version | Email this Page | Subscribe to this Thread

Forum Rules: