Beyond.ca

Registration is free! Car Forums - Member Rides Car Forums - Find other members Car Forums - Calendar Car Forums - Frequently Asked Questions Forum Rules and Regulations Car Forums - Search Logout
Beyond.ca - Car Forums : Powered by vBulletin version 2.3.9 Beyond.ca - Car Forums > Car Forums > Automotive News > Civic Type-R Turbo to have 280+ hp

Author
Thread
A790
PC Principal

What I drive: A future rustbucket.
Posts/Day: 1.32
Trader Rating: (68)
User Rating: 103%

Civic Type-R Turbo to have 280+ hp quote:

As the the hot hatch market is starting to heat up, Honda is finally showing us the hotly anticipated next generation Civic Type R. The car was revealed today in near production ready form, without any camouflage.

The new Type R shares all of its bodywork with the standard European Civic hatchback. Instead of flaring the bumpers and wings, the added bolt-on flared elements, giving it the look of a racing car. A big rear wing and four very large exhaust pipes ensure nobody will ever be able to ignore this car.

While the Golf GTI or Ford Focus R have been designed to be more mainstream than ever, the new Type R is as ugly as a Subaru. We don't yet know how close the full production model will come to this one, but as you can see, the plastic surgery has been done by a butcher.

Together with lots of photos of the car, Honda also revealed a brand new engine, the so called 2.0 VTEC TURBO. This all-new unit was developed under the Earth Dreams technology initiative. Unlike the old Civic Type R, which only has a naturally aspirated, 200 hp 2-liter, this new turbo unit has almost class-leading output. Over 280 hp will be honed by what will most likely be a limited slip differential.

All that power and the crazy bodywork are there for a reason: Honda is going after the FWD production car lap record at the Nurburgring, which is currently held by Renault's Megane RS 265 Trophy.

Speaking during recent testing at the Nurburgring, Honda’s WTCC driver Gabriele Tarquini, gave his first driving impressions: "The car and the characteristics of the car were fantastic. I was really impressed by the power and the torque of the engine but also by the set-up they achieved…The car is very pointed on the front and very fast to change direction’. ‘This car is very close to my racing car and you can feel very well the DNA of Type R."

Source: http://www.autoevolution.com/news/h...lery-71288.html

Think this will make it to NA?

Originally posted by killramos
A+ thread, who made Mar a mod?

Originally posted by Arash Boodagh
New user only have to look into my signature and read the Robin Williams thread to see that Im one of the most intellectual persons on this forum.

Report this post | IP: Logged

Old Post 11-19-2013 03:41 PM
A790 is offline Click Here to See the Profile for A790 Click here to Send A790 a Private Message Find more posts by A790 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote

4doorj
Third Gear

What I drive: 2015 honda crv 2015 subaru sti sport
Posts/Day: 0.54
Trader Rating: (52)
User Rating: 97%

quote:

Please come to north america!

Old Post 11-19-2013 03:44 PM
4doorj is offline Click Here to See the Profile for 4doorj Click here to Send 4doorj a Private Message Find more posts by 4doorj Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
88CRX

What I drive: EP3, S2K & TLX
Posts/Day: 1.08
Trader Rating: (22)
User Rating: 100%

quote:

Considering we've never had a CTR in north America I doubt it. But one can hope I guess.

Old Post 11-19-2013 03:50 PM
88CRX is offline Click Here to See the Profile for 88CRX Click here to Send 88CRX a Private Message Find more posts by 88CRX Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Tik-Tok
Cowboy Hunter

What I drive: Japanese functionality, Swedish style.
Posts/Day: 1.55
Trader Rating: (12)
User Rating: 101%

Re: Civic Type-R Turbo to have 280+ hp quote:

Originally posted by A790

Think this will make it to NA?

Hell no. They might bump up the HP of the current Si by about 20, and that's it. This IS Honda we're talking about

Old Post 11-19-2013 03:51 PM
Tik-Tok is online now Click Here to See the Profile for Tik-Tok Click here to Send Tik-Tok a Private Message Find more posts by Tik-Tok Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
403ep3
Second Gear

What I drive: TDi
Posts/Day: 0.41
Trader Rating: (2)
User Rating: 98%

quote:

I wish..

Old Post 11-19-2013 03:52 PM
403ep3 is offline Click Here to See the Profile for 403ep3 Click here to Send 403ep3 a Private Message Find more posts by 403ep3 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Mibz

What I drive:
Posts/Day: 1.27
Trader Rating: (15)
User Rating: 99%

quote:

At least they're trying.

Old Post 11-19-2013 04:31 PM
Mibz is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Mibz Click here to Send Mibz a Private Message Find more posts by Mibz Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
98type_r
First Gear

What I drive: my bike
Posts/Day: 0.14
Trader Rating: (16)

quote:

Finally a Honda worth talking about.

Old Post 11-19-2013 05:05 PM
98type_r is offline Click Here to See the Profile for 98type_r Click here to Send 98type_r a Private Message Find more posts by 98type_r Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
4doorj
Third Gear

What I drive: 2015 honda crv 2015 subaru sti sport
Posts/Day: 0.54
Trader Rating: (52)
User Rating: 97%

quote:

http://world.honda.com/news/2013/41...gine/index.html

Old Post 11-19-2013 05:56 PM
4doorj is offline Click Here to See the Profile for 4doorj Click here to Send 4doorj a Private Message Find more posts by 4doorj Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
ercchry
Fifth Gear

What I drive: 79cx500 01UCF31
Posts/Day: 1.52
Trader Rating: (6)

quote:

so that strange gold vertical stack is the turbo? that should be fun for the aftermarket...

Old Post 11-19-2013 05:59 PM
ercchry is online now Click Here to See the Profile for ercchry Click here to Send ercchry a Private Message Visit ercchry's homepage! Find more posts by ercchry Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
KRyn
Second Gear

What I drive:
Posts/Day: 0.44
Trader Rating: (11)
User Rating: 109%

quote:

That has got to be the thinnest inter-cooler I have ever laid my eyes on.

Originally posted by lint
Who the f*ck cares what brand of protein a weak ass sissy takes? Or what exercises a weak ass sissy does?

Originally posted by slinkie
to each haters of "milk" your eating like a b!tch so ur gonna stay a b!tch. eat some cow eat some pizza eat cow in pasta cow in bread cow with cheese drink cow. look at cows there big eat them and ull be to. u are what u eat u wanna eat chicked ull stay being a chicken. u wanna eat string cheese ur gonna be a string cheese. u wanna eat fruit ur ganna be a fruit. Enjoy life.

Old Post 11-19-2013 06:01 PM
KRyn is offline Click Here to See the Profile for KRyn Click here to Send KRyn a Private Message Visit KRyn's homepage! Find more posts by KRyn Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
n1zm0
Fourth Gear

What I drive: S14|TB1
Posts/Day: 1.00
Trader Rating: (14)
User Rating: 96%

quote:

All aboard the turbocharged-4 cylinder powerplant-for-the-North-American-market train!

Too bad we didn't get this wave in the early 90's instead, damn the Americans and their influence on engine selections for North America.

Old Post 11-19-2013 06:06 PM
n1zm0 is offline Click Here to See the Profile for n1zm0 Click here to Send n1zm0 a Private Message Visit n1zm0's homepage! Find more posts by n1zm0 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
LOLzilla
Neutral

What I drive:
Posts/Day: 0.07
Trader Rating: (0)

quote:

This will come to North America right after the turbocharged BRz STI.

Old Post 11-19-2013 06:10 PM
LOLzilla is offline Click Here to See the Profile for LOLzilla Click here to Send LOLzilla a Private Message Find more posts by LOLzilla Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Mibz

What I drive:

quote:

Originally posted by n1zm0
Damn the Americans and their influence on engine selections for North America.

You realize that Ford, Chrysler, GM and Mazda all came out with I4 turbo cars in the early-mid 2000s, half of which are still being produced.

Old Post 11-19-2013 06:12 PM
Mibz is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Mibz Click here to Send Mibz a Private Message Find more posts by Mibz Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
n1zm0
Fourth Gear

What I drive: S14|TB1
Posts/Day: 1.00
Trader Rating: (14)
User Rating: 96%

quote:

Originally posted by Mibz
You realize that Ford, Chrysler, GM and Mazda all came out with I4 turbo cars in the early-mid 2000s, half of which are still being produced.

Of course but nowhere near the availability/selection of what the EU and JDM markets had in the 90s.

Old Post 11-19-2013 06:20 PM
n1zm0 is offline Click Here to See the Profile for n1zm0 Click here to Send n1zm0 a Private Message Visit n1zm0's homepage! Find more posts by n1zm0 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Mibz

What I drive:

quote:

the 90s.

Fuck, misread your first post, haha.

Old Post 11-19-2013 07:10 PM
a61z

What I drive:
Posts/Day: 0.04
Trader Rating: (0)

quote:

Originally posted by ercchry

so that strange gold vertical stack is the turbo? that should be fun for the aftermarket...

looks like just a heatshield over the turbine housing and dp which is normal. as long as the hotside/manifold/dp/head are not cast together or something weird, should be lots of options.

Old Post 11-19-2013 07:28 PM
a61z is offline Click Here to See the Profile for a61z Click here to Send a61z a Private Message Find more posts by a61z Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
eglove
Third Gear

What I drive: FERD
Posts/Day: 0.94
Trader Rating: (128)
User Rating: 94%

quote:

So ugly

Old Post 11-19-2013 08:18 PM
eglove is offline Click Here to See the Profile for eglove Click here to Send eglove a Private Message Find more posts by eglove Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
jsn
Second Gear

What I drive: STi
Posts/Day: 0.36
Trader Rating: (11)

quote:

I'll believe it when I see it. A near 300 HP production civic from Honda? Yea, right. Even if it does come out, it'll be another model we don't get to see in North America like the previous generations.

Old Post 11-19-2013 08:29 PM
jsn is offline Click Here to See the Profile for jsn Click here to Send jsn a Private Message Find more posts by jsn Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
MGCM
Second Gear

What I drive: Has AWD
Posts/Day: 0.73
Trader Rating: (8)
User Rating: 90%

quote:

who would buy that? the body is beyond nasty, yuck

Old Post 11-19-2013 11:40 PM
MGCM is offline Click Here to See the Profile for MGCM Click here to Send MGCM a Private Message Find more posts by MGCM Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
clem24
Third Gear

What I drive: W204
Posts/Day: 0.60
Trader Rating: (68)
User Rating: 102%

quote:

Too bad we didn't get this wave in the early 90's instead, damn the Americans and their influence on engine selections for North America.

I think you can blame cheap gasoline for that. There's a win-lose in there somewhere.

Old Post 11-20-2013 09:39 PM
clem24 is offline Click Here to See the Profile for clem24 Click here to Send clem24 a Private Message Find more posts by clem24 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
The time now is 06:00 PM (GMT) Post New Thread   

Last Thread   Next Thread
Beyond.ca - Car Forums : Powered by vBulletin version 2.3.9 Beyond.ca - Car Forums > Car Forums > Automotive News > Civic Type-R Turbo to have 280+ hp

Show Printable Version | Email this Page | Subscribe to this Thread

Forum Rules: