Beyond.ca

Registration is free! Car Forums - Member Rides Car Forums - Find other members Car Forums - Calendar Car Forums - Frequently Asked Questions Forum Rules and Regulations Car Forums - Search Logout
Beyond.ca - Car Forums : Powered by vBulletin version 2.3.9 Beyond.ca - Car Forums > Lounge > Society / Law / Current Events / Politics > City of Calgary 311 App

Author
Thread
speedog
Second Gear

What I drive:
Posts/Day: 0.65
Trader Rating: (2)
User Rating: 104%

Coc 311 app/complaints (Evergreen) quote:

Yeah, I know the CoC 311 app was mentioned/discussed somewhere else but I happened to be making a report today and noticed that some busy-body was making a ton of 311 reports regarding what they perceived to be illegally parked trailers/vehicles in Evergreen - 24 at last count just today. Looks like the CoC closed all of them and kept one open as a blanket request and will probably have the bylaw people out in Evergreen checking things out - just is interesting that someone would take the time out of their day to drive around Evergreen and make up all of these reports. Some of them are even bogus - one report for a truck covered with a tarp in a driveway - WTF? Looks like the same person has been out and about in Silverado and Millrise as well.

BTW, my report today was the pothole minefield in the WB lane of McKnight at 12th Street NE - pretty much impossible to get through without swerving a whole bunch or hitting at least a couple of nice sized potholes. The CoC 311 app - good for a chuckle with what some of the stuff people report; dead bird in green space between Cranfield Cres SE and Cranfield Park SE - really? Coyotes or some dog will take of that.

Report this post | IP: Logged

Old Post 04-02-2014 12:23 AM
speedog is offline Click Here to See the Profile for speedog Click here to Send speedog a Private Message Find more posts by speedog Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote

FraserB
Third Gear

What I drive: GMT900
Posts/Day: 0.88
Trader Rating: (12)
User Rating: 98%

quote:

Saw that as well, completely turned me off buying in Silverado actually. With that and the frequency that Silverado shows up on the app, the only conclusion is that it is full of busybodies.

There was also one regarding some crows eating out of a dumpster, not too sure what they wanted the city to do about it though

Old Post 04-02-2014 12:30 AM
FraserB is offline Click Here to See the Profile for FraserB Click here to Send FraserB a Private Message Find more posts by FraserB Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
roll_over
First Gear

What I drive: Can't driver because I'm legally blind
Posts/Day: 0.21
Trader Rating: (5)
User Rating: 101%

quote:

I'm looking at some of these. So you can't have a trailer on your drive way?

Old Post 04-02-2014 12:37 AM
roll_over is offline Click Here to See the Profile for roll_over Click here to Send roll_over a Private Message Find more posts by roll_over Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
spikerS
Third Gear

What I drive: 2016 F-150 3.5L Ecoboost SCrew FX4
Posts/Day: 0.97
Trader Rating: (44)
User Rating: 103%

quote:

Baygirl just showed me all the trailer ones.

I am willing to bet that one person got a ticker for their trailer or whatever, and now is filled with hate, and used the reasoning "everyone else is doing it" and is sporting a massive stiffy thinking they are getting back at the city by making life hell for their neighbors.

Originally posted by Mibz
Always a fucking awful experience seeing spikers. Extra awful when he laps me.

Old Post 04-02-2014 12:38 AM
spikerS is online now Click Here to See the Profile for spikerS Click here to Send spikerS a Private Message Visit spikerS's homepage! Find more posts by spikerS Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Cos
Fourth Gear

What I drive:
Posts/Day: 1.78
Trader Rating: (19)
User Rating: 99%

quote:

Originally posted by adam c

Line goes up, line goes down, line does squiggly things and fucks Alberta

"The stone age didn't end because we ran out of stones"

Last edited by Cos on 12-29-2016 at 03:11 AM

Old Post 04-02-2014 12:40 AM
Cos is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Cos Click here to Send Cos a Private Message Find more posts by Cos Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
spikerS
Third Gear

What I drive: 2016 F-150 3.5L Ecoboost SCrew FX4
Posts/Day: 0.97
Trader Rating: (44)
User Rating: 103%

quote:

Originally posted by roll_over
I'm looking at some of these. So you can't have a trailer on your drive way?

by letter of the law, you are not allowed to have a recreational vehicle (trailer or RV) parked at the FRONT of your house for more than 24 hours.

Work trailers have an exemption if they are performing a job there.

Overview of RV regulations
Detached trailers and campers cannot be parked on city streets or alleys.
RVs, such as motorhomes, can be parked on a street immediately adjacent to the owner's residence for a maximum of 36 hours. The RV must then be moved to an off-street location for not less than 48 hours before it can be returned to the street.
RVs can be parked on front yards and driveways for up to 24 hours. Please refer to the Land Use Bylaw 1P2007.
Parked RVs cannot block the view of intersections, crosswalks, playgrounds or signs.
Parked RVs cannot obstruct the movement of other vehicles.
Fines for violations of these regulations on public property range between $50 and $100.

So a trailer can not be parked in front of your house either, but can be parked along the side, or at the back, and does not have to be behind a fence, unless your community has bylaws that stipulate that.

Utility and RV trailers are covered here as well.
http://www.calgary.ca/CSPS/ABS/Docu...hbour_guide.pdf

C_dave had an issue about this once, and his trailer parked in his driveway, but the driveway was at the SIDE of his house, and thus, was parked legally, and obviously not behind a fence.

Originally posted by Mibz
Always a fucking awful experience seeing spikers. Extra awful when he laps me.

Last edited by spikerS on 04-02-2014 at 01:01 AM

Old Post 04-02-2014 12:42 AM
spikerS is online now Click Here to See the Profile for spikerS Click here to Send spikerS a Private Message Visit spikerS's homepage! Find more posts by spikerS Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
finboy
Fourth Gear

What I drive: EL crapo
Posts/Day: 0.99
Trader Rating: (16)
User Rating: 100%

quote:

What a joke, so many of those are parked in the driveway on private property, whoever created those needs to get a life.

Old Post 04-02-2014 12:46 AM
finboy is offline Click Here to See the Profile for finboy Click here to Send finboy a Private Message Find more posts by finboy Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
roll_over
First Gear

What I drive: Can't driver because I'm legally blind
Posts/Day: 0.21
Trader Rating: (5)
User Rating: 101%

quote:

More to the story

Attachment: image.jpg

Old Post 04-02-2014 12:48 AM
roll_over is offline Click Here to See the Profile for roll_over Click here to Send roll_over a Private Message Find more posts by roll_over Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
blairtruck
First Gear

What I drive: Ford
Posts/Day: 0.08
Trader Rating: (0)

quote:

i look at that app daily. wish Edmonton had something similar. i laughed when i seen one person drive around and rat out every trailer owner. even small ones up against the house not crossing property lines.

Old Post 04-02-2014 12:50 AM
blairtruck is online now Click Here to See the Profile for blairtruck Click here to Send blairtruck a Private Message Find more posts by blairtruck Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
schocker
Fifth Gear

What I drive: Euro Accord Brah
Posts/Day: 1.46
Trader Rating: (1)

quote:

Haha, I saw this yesterday, I think I saw 32 by the same individual based on the wording and subject matter

Old Post 04-02-2014 01:52 AM
schocker is offline Click Here to See the Profile for schocker Click here to Send schocker a Private Message Visit schocker's homepage! Find more posts by schocker Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
finboy
Fourth Gear

quote:

I just found something gross in my front yard, pretty sure the city workers left it, I'm thinking trailers aren't the worst thing in the world.

Old Post 04-02-2014 02:55 AM
finboy is offline Click Here to See the Profile for finboy Click here to Send finboy a Private Message Find more posts by finboy Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Sugarphreak
Fifth Gear

What I drive: A moving pylon
Posts/Day: 2.09
Trader Rating: (4)
User Rating: 155%

quote:

Wow... I had no idea having a trailer in your front yard was against the rules. If it is fully on your property I don't see the problem.

Old Post 04-02-2014 03:00 AM
Sugarphreak is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Sugarphreak Click here to Send Sugarphreak a Private Message Find more posts by Sugarphreak Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
FraserB
Third Gear

What I drive: GMT900
Posts/Day: 0.88
Trader Rating: (12)

quote:

Originally posted by finboy
I just found something gross in my front yard, pretty sure the city workers left it, I'm thinking trailers aren't the worst thing in the world.

Did you just submit a request through the app about 20 minutes ago? Because if you did, I really think water works guys left that there.

Old Post 04-02-2014 03:11 AM
FraserB is offline Click Here to See the Profile for FraserB Click here to Send FraserB a Private Message Find more posts by FraserB Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
finboy
Fourth Gear

quote:

My gf did, I was home all day and she didn't see them when she left, and those do look like back hoe marks on one of them

Old Post 04-02-2014 03:15 AM
Sugarphreak
Fifth Gear

What I drive: A moving pylon
Posts/Day: 2.09
Trader Rating: (4)
User Rating: 155%

quote:

This is going right over my head... WTF is that a picture of?

Is it a bra with inserts?

Last edited by Sugarphreak on 04-02-2014 at 03:28 AM

Old Post 04-02-2014 03:23 AM
Sugarphreak is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Sugarphreak Click here to Send Sugarphreak a Private Message Find more posts by Sugarphreak Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
finboy
Fourth Gear

quote:

Falsies, sans bra

Nsfw: http://i60.tinypic.com/15ez8fd.jpg

Last edited by finboy on 04-02-2014 at 03:45 AM

Old Post 04-02-2014 03:39 AM
EK69
Neutral

What I drive:
Posts/Day: 0.15
Trader Rating: (3)

quote:

lol wtf
im gonna download this app now for the lulz

as for the ppl reporting stupid shit cuz they have nothing better to do...

Old Post 04-02-2014 05:58 AM
EK69 is offline Click Here to See the Profile for EK69 Click here to Send EK69 a Private Message Find more posts by EK69 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
adam c
Second Gear

What I drive: has a turbo
Posts/Day: 0.53
Trader Rating: (6)
User Rating: 95%

quote:

^ I did the same there more markers in Evergreen and Shawnessy then the rest of Calgary combined someone should stake out an area when these reports come in then make a report about a suspicious person

Old Post 04-02-2014 06:03 AM
adam c is offline Click Here to See the Profile for adam c Click here to Send adam c a Private Message Find more posts by adam c Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
bignerd
First Gear

What I drive: CBR 929
Posts/Day: 0.13
Trader Rating: (2)
User Rating: 99%

quote:

Dont care if you park your trailer on your driveway, but we have a couple in our neighborhood where the trailers don't fit and the hitch actually sits on the sidewalk... the blocks that support it and all are in the middle of the sidewalk.

If there isn't enough room for it to fully fit on your drive it should be somewhere else.

The only other thing that is annoying is when people have them parked on the road (getting loaded or cleaning out whatever) and have all their slideouts pushed out... same thing they get in the way.

[url]

Old Post 04-02-2014 06:04 AM
bignerd is offline Click Here to See the Profile for bignerd Click here to Send bignerd a Private Message Find more posts by bignerd Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
firebane
Second Gear

What I drive:
Posts/Day: 0.58
Trader Rating: (1)
User Rating: 94%

quote:

Originally posted by spikers

by letter of the law, you are not allowed to have a recreational vehicle (trailer or RV) parked at the FRONT of your house for more than 24 hours.

Work trailers have an exemption if they are performing a job there.

So a trailer can not be parked in front of your house either, but can be parked along the side, or at the back, and does not have to be behind a fence, unless your community has bylaws that stipulate that.

Utility and RV trailers are covered here as well.
http://www.calgary.ca/CSPS/ABS/Docu...hbour_guide.pdf

C_dave had an issue about this once, and his trailer parked in his driveway, but the driveway was at the SIDE of his house, and thus, was parked legally, and obviously not behind a fence.

This is interesting. The tenant upstairs has his truck with his work trailer parked out in the front on the street and the trailer is clearly marked as a business trailer.

Old Post 04-02-2014 06:11 AM
firebane is online now Click Here to See the Profile for firebane Click here to Send firebane a Private Message Find more posts by firebane Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
The time now is 03:26 AM (GMT) Post New Thread   

Last Thread   Next Thread
Beyond.ca - Car Forums : Powered by vBulletin version 2.3.9 Beyond.ca - Car Forums > Lounge > Society / Law / Current Events / Politics > City of Calgary 311 App

Show Printable Version | Email this Page | Subscribe to this Thread

Forum Rules: