Beyond.ca

Registration is free! Car Forums - Member Rides Car Forums - Find other members Car Forums - Calendar Car Forums - Frequently Asked Questions Forum Rules and Regulations Car Forums - Search Logout
Beyond.ca - Car Forums : Powered by vBulletin version 2.3.9 Beyond.ca - Car Forums > Lounge > Entertainment > Fargo (TV series)

Author
Thread
01RedDX
Third Gear

What I drive:
Posts/Day: 0.58
Trader Rating: (22)
User Rating: 100%

Fargo (TV series) quote:

Oh yah!

Fargo is one of my all-time favorite movies, so I had high expectations and I'm happy to say, the premiere last night met them.
I think Lester Nygaard is even more pathetic than Jerry Lundegaard. Billy Bob is in top form and there's a good supporting cast, including Bob Odenkirk and Colin Hanks, although due to the show's nature, it seems they are very disposable.

Oh geez!

Report this post | IP: Logged

Old Post 04-16-2014 07:39 PM
01RedDX is offline Click Here to See the Profile for 01RedDX Click here to Send 01RedDX a Private Message Find more posts by 01RedDX Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote

Kloubek
Fourth Gear

What I drive: A vehicle or two
Posts/Day: 1.14
Trader Rating: (35)
User Rating: 96%

quote:

I'm PVRing this. Wanted to watch it because it was filmed here, if nothing else...

Originally posted by A790 10/10, would let Jeff in my mouth again.

Old Post 04-16-2014 07:41 PM
Kloubek is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Kloubek Click here to Send Kloubek a Private Message Find more posts by Kloubek Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
cjblair
Second Gear

What I drive: Jap V8
Posts/Day: 0.53
Trader Rating: (5)
User Rating: 97%

quote:

I watched this last night. As far as I could tell, the end of the episode is where the Calgary scenes are going to be seen more often.

Overall, the gf and I found this show a little weird, but quite entertaining.

Old Post 04-16-2014 07:46 PM
cjblair is offline Click Here to See the Profile for cjblair Click here to Send cjblair a Private Message Find more posts by cjblair Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
01RedDX
Third Gear

What I drive:

quote:

Ooh didn't realize it was filmed in Calgary, makes it even better. My wife and I were howling at the hooker sex scene.

Old Post 04-16-2014 08:00 PM
01RedDX is offline Click Here to See the Profile for 01RedDX Click here to Send 01RedDX a Private Message Find more posts by 01RedDX Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
88CRX

What I drive: EP3, S2K & TLX
Posts/Day: 1.07

quote:

Watched it simply because they filled some scenes around my work and I thoroughly enjoyed it, might end up as a half decent show. Set the PVR to tape future episodes.

They had a scene in last night’s episode that was filmed in Inglewood, had Spolumbos in the background.

Old Post 04-16-2014 08:11 PM
88CRX is offline Click Here to See the Profile for 88CRX Click here to Send 88CRX a Private Message Find more posts by 88CRX Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
D'z Nutz
Super Moderator

What I drive: Southerners out of the North
Posts/Day: 0.98
Trader Rating: (122)
User Rating: 111%

quote:

Weird, everyone has been talking about it so much I thought it aired a while ago. I'll have to check it out, if for no reason to see Calgary in it They were filming downtown and the front of my building was lined up with movie trailers for a day during the summer.

Old Post 04-16-2014 08:14 PM
D'z Nutz is offline Click Here to See the Profile for D'z Nutz Click here to Send D'z Nutz a Private Message Visit D'z Nutz's homepage! Find more posts by D'z Nutz Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
cjblair
Second Gear

What I drive: Jap V8
Posts/Day: 0.53
Trader Rating: (5)
User Rating: 97%

quote:

They filmed for quite a few days on my street in front of an old apartment building (corner of 18ave and 7st SW). Surprisingly I never actually saw any filming going on, just tons of trucks and people everywhere.

Old Post 04-16-2014 08:22 PM
cjblair is offline Click Here to See the Profile for cjblair Click here to Send cjblair a Private Message Find more posts by cjblair Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Offroad
First Gear

What I drive: Its Quick
Posts/Day: 0.08
Trader Rating: (0)
User Rating: 99%

quote:

They even filmed Forest Lawn.......driving scene went right by Giant Tiger ,Apollo Muffler Etc.

Good thing they didnt get robbed or shot filming

Old Post 04-16-2014 08:25 PM
Offroad is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Offroad Click here to Send Offroad a Private Message Find more posts by Offroad Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
03ozwhip
Fourth Gear

What I drive: changes every year
Posts/Day: 0.99
Trader Rating: (29)
User Rating: 90%

quote:

Ya they film in strathmore a lot too, Leroys Motor Inn is down the street from my house, we watched the filming a few times, didn't have a clue what the filming was for until last night lol

Old Post 04-16-2014 11:27 PM
03ozwhip is offline Click Here to See the Profile for 03ozwhip Click here to Send 03ozwhip a Private Message Find more posts by 03ozwhip Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Seth1968
First Gear

What I drive:
Posts/Day: 0.36

Re: Fargo (TV series) quote:

Originally posted by 01RedDX
Oh yah!

Fargo is one of my all-time favorite movies,

Mine too.

So far, every movie I've seen from the Coen brothers has been brilliant. If I had to choose a favourite though, I'd probably go with "O Brother, Where Art Thou?".

Old Post 04-17-2014 12:14 AM
Seth1968 is online now Click Here to See the Profile for Seth1968 Click here to Send Seth1968 a Private Message Find more posts by Seth1968 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
asp integra
Second Gear

What I drive: A4 Avant 6MT
Posts/Day: 0.29
Trader Rating: (10)
User Rating: 93%

quote:

Is there anywhere I can watch this online? I dont believe I have FXX on my Telus.

current ski quiver:
park, all mtn 181 ON3P Kartel 98
park,all mtn: 181 Armada AR7
big mtn, pow: 185 Armada JJ

Old Post 04-17-2014 12:24 AM
asp integra is offline Click Here to See the Profile for asp integra Click here to Send asp integra a Private Message Find more posts by asp integra Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
funkedelic2
First Gear

What I drive: '08 AW E92 335i
Posts/Day: 0.34
Trader Rating: (2)
User Rating: 91%

quote:

I just downloaded it. I really enjoyed the first episode. It has the potential to be pretty epic. Digging Billy Bob thortons' character. I've never seen the movie so I wasn't sure what to expect and so far it's pretty intriguing. Does anyone know how long the episodes will be or how many? I think the first ep was like an hour and a half!

Old Post 04-21-2014 08:36 AM
funkedelic2 is offline Click Here to See the Profile for funkedelic2 Click here to Send funkedelic2 a Private Message Find more posts by funkedelic2 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
n1zm0
Fourth Gear

What I drive: S14|TB1
Posts/Day: 0.99
Trader Rating: (14)
User Rating: 96%

quote:

I think i'll have to give it a shot at least, I heard good things about it.

Billy Bob bought cowboy boots off a member lol:
http://forums.beyond.ca/st/376429/u...ars-in-calgary/

Old Post 04-21-2014 02:25 PM
n1zm0 is offline Click Here to See the Profile for n1zm0 Click here to Send n1zm0 a Private Message Visit n1zm0's homepage! Find more posts by n1zm0 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
funkedelic2
First Gear

What I drive: '08 AW E92 335i
Posts/Day: 0.34
User Rating: 91%

quote:

This show is incredible!

Old Post 06-23-2014 09:26 AM
funkedelic2 is offline Click Here to See the Profile for funkedelic2 Click here to Send funkedelic2 a Private Message Find more posts by funkedelic2 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
FixedGear
First Gear

What I drive:
Posts/Day: 0.19

quote:

The series was was way better than the movie I thought. It's too bad it's only going to be that one season.

Originally posted by HiTempguy1
Nope, their just idiots who took themselves out of the gene pool.

Old Post 06-23-2014 03:06 PM
FixedGear is offline Click Here to See the Profile for FixedGear Click here to Send FixedGear a Private Message Find more posts by FixedGear Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Offroad
First Gear

What I drive: Its Quick
Posts/Day: 0.08

quote:

Originally posted by FixedGear
The series was was way better than the movie I thought. It's too bad it's only going to be that one season.

No I read about them doing a second season ....and doing flashbacks to bring back certain characters.

Old Post 06-23-2014 06:48 PM
Offroad is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Offroad Click here to Send Offroad a Private Message Find more posts by Offroad Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
01RedDX
Third Gear

What I drive:

quote:

Originally posted by FixedGear
The series was was way better than the movie I thought.

The movie was on TV the other day and I thought the same thing.
Didn't think it was possible for anything to ruin the movie for me, but the show is just too good.

Old Post 06-23-2014 06:58 PM
faiz999
Neutral

What I drive:
Posts/Day: 0.04

quote:

the show was wonderful. i really enjoyed it despite being skeptical of its entire premise (hadn't watched the movie) but it delivered much more than i expected.

i kinda would like to describe it as the antithesis to true detective. it was smart, witty and had superb acting from billy bob. he just owned that role.

Old Post 06-23-2014 09:34 PM
faiz999 is offline Click Here to See the Profile for faiz999 Click here to Send faiz999 a Private Message Find more posts by faiz999 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
asp integra
Second Gear

What I drive: A4 Avant 6MT
Posts/Day: 0.29
Trader Rating: (10)
User Rating: 93%

quote:

Originally posted by n1zm0
I think i'll have to give it a shot at least, I heard good things about it.

Billy Bob bought cowboy boots off a member lol:
http://forums.beyond.ca/st/376429/u...ars-in-calgary/

Haha he did, also Stampede is right around the corner guys! www.albertaboot.com

current ski quiver:
park, all mtn 181 ON3P Kartel 98
park,all mtn: 181 Armada AR7
big mtn, pow: 185 Armada JJ

Old Post 06-25-2014 12:27 AM
asp integra is offline Click Here to See the Profile for asp integra Click here to Send asp integra a Private Message Find more posts by asp integra Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
FixedGear
First Gear

What I drive:
Posts/Day: 0.19

quote:

Season 2 starts tomorrow - get ready boys! I thought season 1 was awesome, up there with The Wire and IMO one of the best shows ever made. It was so good that it kinda ruined the movie for me (it's just not nearly as good). Hope season 2 is just as excellent.

Originally posted by HiTempguy1
Nope, their just idiots who took themselves out of the gene pool.

Old Post 10-11-2015 09:13 PM
FixedGear is offline Click Here to See the Profile for FixedGear Click here to Send FixedGear a Private Message Find more posts by FixedGear Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
The time now is 07:45 PM (GMT) Post New Thread   

Last Thread   Next Thread
Beyond.ca - Car Forums : Powered by vBulletin version 2.3.9 Beyond.ca - Car Forums > Lounge > Entertainment > Fargo (TV series)

Show Printable Version | Email this Page | Subscribe to this Thread

Forum Rules: