Originally posted by timdog
I am a pretty serious home brewer. I brew all-grain and have lost count long ago on how many batches I've done. everything from 5 gallon batches of hefeweizen and IPAs, to 55 gallon batches of barrel aged beer. I created my own temperature controlled fermentation chamber at home where I can control the temp within 0.1 degree celsius, I always use a yeast starter to control my yeast pitch and health, I dry hop, keg, bottle condition, you name it, so if anyone has any brewing related questions I would love nothing more than to share my nerdy knowledge that none of my friends or family ever want to hear about.
I first got into beer about 8 years ago when i went to Belgium with my wife to visit her family (she's Belgian) and seeing how they treat and experience beer there just instantly converted me for life.
anyway, I can talk beer and/or brewing for hours. could get the conversation rolling with maybe a brief survey if anyone is interested:
1) favorite beer style
2) favorite beer (limit to 1 or 2)
3) favorite beer location (part A: in Calgary, part B: anywhere in the world)
4) if you brew, whats the favorite beer you've made?
5) what beer are you looking for that you haven't found yet? (can be a specific beer that you know exists, or just something you've dreamt up)
ok maybe i'm too excited about this........
1) Belgian Lambic/Krieks/Sours
2) New Belgium Brewing - Lafolie (Shit cost like $20 for a bomber!)
SO fucking good.
3) Fort Collins, CO
4) Never brewed
5) Trying to find more lambics/krieks locally, in Colorado I could find them easily. Proving to be hard in Canada, specially on draft =(
Report this post | IP: Logged