Beyond.ca

Registration is free! Car Forums - Member Rides Car Forums - Find other members Car Forums - Calendar Car Forums - Frequently Asked Questions Forum Rules and Regulations Car Forums - Search Logout
Beyond.ca - Car Forums : Powered by vBulletin version 2.3.9 Beyond.ca - Car Forums > Lounge > Entertainment > Christophers Nolan's Interstellar

Author
Thread
schocker
Fifth Gear

What I drive: Euro Accord Brah
Posts/Day: 1.46
Trader Rating: (1)
User Rating: 100%

Christophers Nolan's Interstellar quote:

Real trailer came out today, looks like a neat movie, comes out in November.

Report this post | IP: Logged

Old Post 05-16-2014 08:58 PM
schocker is offline Click Here to See the Profile for schocker Click here to Send schocker a Private Message Visit schocker's homepage! Find more posts by schocker Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote

finboy
Fourth Gear

What I drive: EL crapo
Posts/Day: 0.99
Trader Rating: (16)

quote:

Matthew Mcconaughey could make it good, but Christopher Nolan directing...meh

Old Post 05-16-2014 09:24 PM
finboy is offline Click Here to See the Profile for finboy Click here to Send finboy a Private Message Find more posts by finboy Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
BigMass
Second Gear

Posts/Day: 0.26
Trader Rating: (35)
User Rating: 99%

quote:

i could go for a good slow paced intelligent sci-fi without all the family, mother, daughter, clichéd melodrama filler crap that plagues modern movies.

Old Post 05-16-2014 09:58 PM
BigMass is offline Click Here to See the Profile for BigMass Click here to Send BigMass a Private Message Find more posts by BigMass Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
HiTempguy1
First Gear

What I drive: 1995 WRX STi
Posts/Day: 0.29
User Rating: 95%

quote:

Originally posted by BigMass
i could go for a good slow paced intelligent sci-fi without all the family, mother, daughter, clichéd melodrama filler crap that plagues modern movies.

Ding!

Old Post 05-16-2014 10:03 PM
HiTempguy1 is offline Click Here to See the Profile for HiTempguy1 Click here to Send HiTempguy1 a Private Message Find more posts by HiTempguy1 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
finboy
Fourth Gear

quote:

*cough*worldwarz*cough*

Old Post 05-16-2014 11:14 PM
finboy is offline Click Here to See the Profile for finboy Click here to Send finboy a Private Message Find more posts by finboy Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
funkedelic2
First Gear

What I drive: '08 AW E92 335i
Posts/Day: 0.34
Trader Rating: (2)
User Rating: 91%

quote:

Part of this movie was filmed in southern Alberta, a bunch of my friends were casted as extras. Looks good, im interested to see it.

Last edited by funkedelic2 on 05-17-2014 at 10:53 PM

Old Post 05-17-2014 10:50 PM
funkedelic2 is offline Click Here to See the Profile for funkedelic2 Click here to Send funkedelic2 a Private Message Find more posts by funkedelic2 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Stalker Hacker

What I drive: Land Cruiser
Posts/Day: 0.01
Trader Rating: (0)

quote:

Originally posted by finboy
Matthew Mcconaughey could make it good, but Christopher Nolan directing...meh

Who doesn't like Christopher Nolan as a director?

Old Post 06-10-2014 10:19 PM
Stalker Hacker is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Stalker Hacker Click here to Send Stalker Hacker a Private Message Find more posts by Stalker Hacker Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
DeleriousZ
Second Gear

What I drive: 1988 300zxt, 90 jetta
Posts/Day: 0.41
User Rating: 96%

quote:

Man nolan has a love affair with michael caine lol

If you take anything I have to say seriously, you're gunna have a bad time.
1988 300zxt. gt35, stance coils, etc.
1990 Jetta VR6 Daily, "stock"

Originally posted by ercchry
people are dumb, kids need to stop playing in the streets, SW soccer moms are the worst kind of people, the end

Old Post 06-10-2014 10:31 PM
DeleriousZ is offline Click Here to See the Profile for DeleriousZ Click here to Send DeleriousZ a Private Message Visit DeleriousZ's homepage! Find more posts by DeleriousZ Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
finboy
Fourth Gear

quote:

Originally posted by Stalker Hacker

Who doesn't like Christopher Nolan as a director?

http://whatculture.com/film/9-indis...ad-director.php

I don't like his style or movies for many other reasons, but that link sums up a lot of good points

Old Post 06-10-2014 11:29 PM
BigMass
Second Gear

Posts/Day: 0.26
Trader Rating: (35)

quote:

http://whatculture.com/film/9-indis...ad-director.php

I don't like his style or movies for many other reasons, but that link sums up a lot of good points

it mostly mentions the batman movies which I thought were horrid and don't hold against him because they are what they are. Whenever a talented actor, director, writer gets a sniff at the billions in front of their faces in the form of superhero movies, what can you do? Many have met a terrible fate because of the money. Regardless of his batman run, the man is responsible for Memento, Prestige and Inception. Those three alone are enough to garner him the praise he gets.

Old Post 06-11-2014 04:59 AM
BigMass is offline Click Here to See the Profile for BigMass Click here to Send BigMass a Private Message Find more posts by BigMass Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
16hypen3sp
First Gear

What I drive: '14 CBR 1000RR, '15 Victory Highball, '14 Ram 1500
Posts/Day: 0.59

quote:

Looks good.

07 CBR 600RR-Sold
11 Honda Fury-Sold
14 CBR 1000RR-Current
14 Ram 1500-Current
14 Optima LX-Current
15 Victory Highball-Current

Old Post 06-11-2014 05:20 AM
16hypen3sp is offline Click Here to See the Profile for 16hypen3sp Click here to Send 16hypen3sp a Private Message Find more posts by 16hypen3sp Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
finboy
Fourth Gear

quote:

it mostly mentions the batman movies which I thought were horrid and don't hold against him because they are what they are. Whenever a talented actor, director, writer gets a sniff at the billions in front of their faces in the form of superhero movies, what can you do? Many have met a terrible fate because of the money. Regardless of his batman run, the man is responsible for Memento, Prestige and Inception. Those three alone are enough to garner him the praise he gets.

Memento was interesting, never bothered with prestige, and inception was trying waaaaay to hard to be a deep movie without the consistency needed to support it. It was filled with plot holes, poor character development for supporting cast, developing "rules" then ignoring them when it is conveniently needed for the plot, etc.

That said, I am sure people who like christopher Nolan movies will enjoy this, just as people who love michael bay movies love his work. Different strokes.

Last edited by finboy on 06-11-2014 at 05:39 AM

Old Post 06-11-2014 05:21 AM
Feruk

What I drive: G6

quote:

I've liked all Christopher Nolan's movies so far. This movie shows promise compared to the recycled plots you see in all the other movies that are coming out today.

Old Post 06-11-2014 03:53 PM
Feruk is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Feruk Click here to Send Feruk a Private Message Find more posts by Feruk Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Kg810
First Gear

What I drive: MKV .:R32
Posts/Day: 0.15
Trader Rating: (10)

quote:

Supposedly what is shown in the trailers so far is approx. the first 30 minutes. If true, that definitely intrigues me.

Old Post 06-11-2014 04:05 PM
Kg810 is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Kg810 Click here to Send Kg810 a Private Message Find more posts by Kg810 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Stalker Hacker

What I drive: Land Cruiser

quote:

Memento was interesting, never bothered with prestige, and inception was trying waaaaay to hard to be a deep movie without the consistency needed to support it. It was filled with plot holes, poor character development for supporting cast, developing "rules" then ignoring them when it is conveniently needed for the plot, etc.

That said, I am sure people who like christopher Nolan movies will enjoy this, just as people who love michael bay movies love his work. Different strokes.

It sounds like Inception simply went above your head. I would suggest watching this: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ginQNMiRu2w

The Prestige... unbelievable, I think you should watch it before you assume it must be awful.

Old Post 06-11-2014 08:07 PM
Stalker Hacker is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Stalker Hacker Click here to Send Stalker Hacker a Private Message Find more posts by Stalker Hacker Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
DeleriousZ
Second Gear

What I drive: 1988 300zxt, 90 jetta
Posts/Day: 0.41

quote:

It sounds like Inception simply went above your head. I would suggest watching this: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ginQNMiRu2w

The Prestige... unbelievable, I think you should watch it before you assume it must be awful.

If you take anything I have to say seriously, you're gunna have a bad time.
1988 300zxt. gt35, stance coils, etc.
1990 Jetta VR6 Daily, "stock"

Originally posted by ercchry
people are dumb, kids need to stop playing in the streets, SW soccer moms are the worst kind of people, the end

Old Post 06-11-2014 08:47 PM
DeleriousZ is offline Click Here to See the Profile for DeleriousZ Click here to Send DeleriousZ a Private Message Visit DeleriousZ's homepage! Find more posts by DeleriousZ Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
finboy
Fourth Gear

quote:

Ah the classic "you just didn't 'get' inception" defence, never gets old. I followed it fine, it's not THAT complex of a movie. It still suffered from plot inconsistencies, and poor character development.

Prestige might be good, but after only enjoying one of five of his movies I've seen, is it really worth taking that dish when there are so many other good films out there?

Last edited by finboy on 06-12-2014 at 05:09 AM

Old Post 06-12-2014 05:05 AM
Cos
Fourth Gear

What I drive:
Posts/Day: 1.78
Trader Rating: (19)

quote:

Originally posted by adam c

Line goes up, line goes down, line does squiggly things and fucks Alberta

"The stone age didn't end because we ran out of stones"

Last edited by Cos on 12-29-2016 at 02:30 AM

Old Post 06-12-2014 05:42 AM
Cos is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Cos Click here to Send Cos a Private Message Find more posts by Cos Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Tram Common
First Gear

What I drive: Nissan 200SX
Posts/Day: 0.16
User Rating: 94%

quote:

Ah the classic "you just didn't 'get' inception" defence, never gets old. I followed it fine, it's not THAT complex of a movie. It still suffered from plot inconsistencies, and poor character development.

Prestige might be good, but after only enjoying one of five of his movies I've seen, is it really worth taking that dish when there are so many other good films out there?

Ya, I'm going to side with Stalker on this one, you clearly didn't get it. Did you even watch that explanation video that was linked? Nolan purposefully restricted the character development of key roles throughout the film.

Old Post 06-12-2014 05:48 AM
Tram Common is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Tram Common Click here to Send Tram Common a Private Message Find more posts by Tram Common Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
finboy
Fourth Gear

quote:

Originally posted by Tram Common

Ya, I'm going to side with Stalker on this one, you clearly didn't get it. Did you even watch that explanation video that was linked? Nolan purposefully restricted the character development of key roles throughout the film.

Agree to disagree, there isn't anything really groundbreaking in that video that wasn't discussed shortly after release. While it pushed the boundaries for blockbuster, it's not like it was some kind of David Lynch film. It surprises me how defensive nolan-fanboys get

Last edited by finboy on 06-12-2014 at 02:27 PM

Old Post 06-12-2014 02:08 PM
The time now is 07:51 PM (GMT) Post New Thread   

Last Thread   Next Thread
Beyond.ca - Car Forums : Powered by vBulletin version 2.3.9 Beyond.ca - Car Forums > Lounge > Entertainment > Christophers Nolan's Interstellar

Show Printable Version | Email this Page | Subscribe to this Thread

Forum Rules: