Quantcast
LF: Plumber for shower repair - Beyond.ca - Car Forums

Thread: LF: Plumber for shower repair

My Ride
    Has AWD

Default LF: Plumber for shower repair

Hey beyond the day has come and I can finally afford to hire someone to come fix my screeching shower. Spoke to a plumber already and he was 99% sure the solution was replacing the hot/cold mixer cartridge on the tap for the shower. The plumber I spoke to explained how to replace it but Im lacking the courage to try myself. There is a home depot right down the street from me so once its been pulled apart I can run over there and quickly grab the replacement cartridge.

lol please beyond, help me have peaceful showers again.
    Last edited by MGCM; 08-22-2014 at 12:26 AM.

My Ride
    A4/Tundra

Watch a YouTube video on it. If its a delta, chances are you can just exchange the cartridge free of charge. It really is a 30 min job.

My Ride
    Has AWD

Originally posted by idriveabox
    Watch a YouTube video on it. If its a delta, chances are you can just exchange the cartridge free of charge. It really is a 30 min job.
    i could say the same about countless little electrical jobs ppl need help with, but u dont see me telling ppl to youtube it because they are obviously not comfortable doing that. For the record, i am NOT comfortable working on plumbing, no matter how simple it might be I have ZERO knowledge of plumbing and if for some reason anything went wrong i would be clueless what to do. For that reason i am searching for someone to help me on the side with this job.

BUMP, cmon plumbers of beyond, i dont bite......hard

My Ride
    Pt Cruiser

if you can change your toilet paper you can probably change a CWHW mixer valve.

My Ride
    WRX, Audi A4 Avant

just shut off the water line going to the shower (or just shut off the whole house's water supply if you don't know which line). unscrew the shower attachment, take out the cartridge and replace. done.

My Ride
    Has AWD

.................beyond<reading comprehension

My Ride
    Has AWD

bump, wtf, no beyond plumbers want to make a fast buck? If its so easy and Im willing to pay then I would expect a lineup of ppl offering their services. Is beyond afraid I might put something wet and sticky down your plumbers crack? u never know

My Ride
    A4/Tundra

Originally posted by MGCM

i could say the same about countless little electrical jobs ppl need help with, but u dont see me telling ppl to youtube it because they are obviously not comfortable doing that. For the record, i am NOT comfortable working on plumbing, no matter how simple it might be I have ZERO knowledge of plumbing and if for some reason anything went wrong i would be clueless what to do. For that reason i am searching for someone to help me on the side with this job.

BUMP, cmon plumbers of beyond, i dont bite......hard
    So I PM you the number of my PLUMBER who does side jobs for cash and nothing? I even told you in the pm how to do it. What more do you want man?

My Ride
    Has AWD

Originally posted by idriveabox

So I PM you the number of my PLUMBER who does side jobs for cash and nothing? I even told you in the pm how to do it. What more do you want man?
    shit my bad, had forgotten about those messages, will give him a call tomorrow

My Ride
    G05

Bump... Anyone got a recommendation?

The shower piece is Danze Taju. Would I just turn the water stops all the way to the right or shut of the main water line? (Been trying to figure out where that is as this is an apartment condo)