Beyond.ca

Registration is free! Car Forums - Member Rides Car Forums - Find other members Car Forums - Calendar Car Forums - Frequently Asked Questions Forum Rules and Regulations Car Forums - Search Logout
Beyond.ca - Car Forums : Powered by vBulletin version 2.3.9 Beyond.ca - Car Forums > Car Forums > General Car/Bike Talk > ANOTHER?!??!?? What car to buy thread

Author
Thread
ExtraSlow
Third Gear

What I drive: 2010 Recession Fighter LX
Posts/Day: 1.12
Trader Rating: (27)
User Rating: 101%

ANOTHER?!??!?? What car to buy thread quote:

Posting for a relative of mine, and looking for ideas I haven't thought of.

Here's what we're looking for, none of these are negotiable, and there is no trade-in to consider.

AWD
Four doors
Wagon/SUV/CUV body style. No sedans.
Large-ish back seat. lots of leg room so the kidlets in carseats aren't always kicking the back of the driver seat.
MUST NOT take premium fuel.

MUST be available for a LEASE with $0 down and max monthly payment of $600, prefer under $500 (on 24 or 36 month lease). Seems like that means max cash price of around $35,000
Annual KM of under 20,000.

Subaru Forester and Ford Escape are current strong contenders.

Last edited by ExtraSlow on 04-30-2015 at 03:37 PM

Report this post | IP: Logged

Old Post 04-26-2015 10:18 PM
ExtraSlow is offline Click Here to See the Profile for ExtraSlow Click here to Send ExtraSlow a Private Message Find more posts by ExtraSlow Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote

xnvy
Second Gear

What I drive: Horse
Posts/Day: 0.72
Trader Rating: (3)
User Rating: 100%

quote:

Mazda CX5 AWD?

Old Post 04-26-2015 10:21 PM
xnvy is offline Click Here to See the Profile for xnvy Click here to Send xnvy a Private Message Find more posts by xnvy Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
carson blocks
First Gear

What I drive: 1917 Model T, VW Baja, 2016 Longhorn
Posts/Day: 0.14
Trader Rating: (2)
User Rating: 103%

quote:

Kia Sportage / Sorento? I'm impressed by how much you get for how little money in the Sportage and Sorento. I've been asked to find vehicles for friends twice now with very similar criteria, and both have ended up in a Sorento. I don't think there's a better value for a AWD SUV. Last year's leftovers had some awesome rebates too if there are any left. Just don't go to Eastside Kia, the finance manager is too greasy in my opinion.

Old Post 04-26-2015 10:39 PM
carson blocks is offline Click Here to See the Profile for carson blocks Click here to Send carson blocks a Private Message Find more posts by carson blocks Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
ExtraSlow
Third Gear

quote:

Just did a little research on the CX-5, looks like a pretty competitive option.
Ford Edge seems like a decent choice if you are getting a little bigger.

Really, this is a massive segment, so keep those opinions coming please.

Old Post 04-27-2015 05:09 AM
ExtraSlow is offline Click Here to See the Profile for ExtraSlow Click here to Send ExtraSlow a Private Message Find more posts by ExtraSlow Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
mazdavirgin
Neutral

What I drive:
Posts/Day: 0.05
Trader Rating: (0)

quote:

Originally posted by ExtraSlow
Just did a little research on the CX-5, looks like a pretty competitive option.
Ford Edge seems like a decent choice if you are getting a little bigger.

Really, this is a massive segment, so keep those opinions coming please.

IMHO it's really just between the CX-5 and the Forrester if you are asking about the compact SUV segment. All the other cars just are not up to snuff atm.

Old Post 04-27-2015 05:29 AM
mazdavirgin is offline Click Here to See the Profile for mazdavirgin Click here to Send mazdavirgin a Private Message Find more posts by mazdavirgin Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
AE92_TreunoSC
Second Gear

What I drive: 16' Tacoma Offroad
Posts/Day: 0.38
Trader Rating: (4)

quote:

You can get a Turbo SanteFe Sport for that as well, strong contender, I didnt like its lack of oomph compared to my forester or I'd have one right now.

They have heated steering wheels and giant sunroofs. About the same space as the Forester.

Nothing touches the forester xt on visibility and fun in the segment though. I've looked

I liked the CX5 a few years ago but I read about so many problems, and even with a lease problems are a pain in the ass. I'd rather have a Rav4 than a CX5 or the Ford.

Old Post 04-27-2015 05:44 AM
AE92_TreunoSC is offline Click Here to See the Profile for AE92_TreunoSC Click here to Send AE92_TreunoSC a Private Message Find more posts by AE92_TreunoSC Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
mazdavirgin
Neutral

What I drive:
Posts/Day: 0.05

quote:

Originally posted by AE92_TreunoSC
You can get a Turbo SanteFe Sport for that as well, strong contender, I didnt like its lack of oomph compared to my forester or I'd have one right now.

SantaFe is the biggest POS. You actually drive one? Steering wheel feels horrible... Constantly having to adjust the steering wheel to drive in a straight line? Yeah shoot me now.

Old Post 04-27-2015 04:54 PM
mazdavirgin is offline Click Here to See the Profile for mazdavirgin Click here to Send mazdavirgin a Private Message Find more posts by mazdavirgin Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
JustinMCS
First Gear

What I drive:
Posts/Day: 0.25

quote:

Ford Escape Titanium can be had at those numbers....

Old Post 04-27-2015 05:06 PM
JustinMCS is offline Click Here to See the Profile for JustinMCS Click here to Send JustinMCS a Private Message Find more posts by JustinMCS Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
roopi
Second Gear

What I drive:
Posts/Day: 0.31
Trader Rating: (49)
User Rating: 237%

quote:

GMC Acadia or Terrain

Old Post 04-27-2015 05:09 PM
roopi is offline Click Here to See the Profile for roopi Click here to Send roopi a Private Message Find more posts by roopi Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
max_boost
Beyond Bully

What I drive: nothing special :(
Posts/Day: 1.79
Trader Rating: (31)
User Rating: 123%

quote:

I thought you were like sugarphreak and liked to pay cash for cars. Why lease? I thought I was the only one who did that.

Old Post 04-27-2015 06:06 PM
max_boost is offline Click Here to See the Profile for max_boost Click here to Send max_boost a Private Message Find more posts by max_boost Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
ExtraSlow
Third Gear

quote:

I do normally pay cash. Haven't had a car payment in years. This is for a relative of mine who has had some periods of unemployment and lives way out in the suburbs in a house that I'm not sure they can afford. There will be zero down payment, let alone buying with cash.

Old Post 04-27-2015 06:09 PM
max_boost
Beyond Bully

What I drive: nothing special :(
Posts/Day: 1.79
Trader Rating: (31)
User Rating: 123%

quote:

Ohhh for your relative. Honda CRV something super reliable.

Old Post 04-27-2015 06:11 PM
max_boost is offline Click Here to See the Profile for max_boost Click here to Send max_boost a Private Message Find more posts by max_boost Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
J.M.
First Gear

What I drive:
Posts/Day: 0.27
User Rating: 99%

quote:

Originally posted by ExtraSlow
I do normally pay cash. Haven't had a car payment in years. This is for a relative of mine who has had some periods of unemployment and lives way out in the suburbs in a house that I'm not sure they can afford. There will be zero down payment, let alone buying with cash.

Should they even be getting a new car then? Lol

Anyways I vote Forester

Old Post 04-27-2015 08:35 PM
J.M. is offline Click Here to See the Profile for J.M. Click here to Send J.M. a Private Message Find more posts by J.M. Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Redlyne_mr2
Chatroom Manwhore

What I drive: 400whp MR2 - An Italian and a couple of Germans
Posts/Day: 2.04
Trader Rating: (26)

quote:

I can help out with a CX5 or Tiguan if you find yourself loving either one of them.

Looking for a new VW? How about a used vehicle? We are Central Albertas #1 source for pre-owned vehicles
I will beat any deal on a new VW for beyonders

Gary Moe Volkswagen/Gary Moe Used Car Superstore!

Red Deer, AB

Old Post 04-27-2015 08:38 PM
Redlyne_mr2 is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Redlyne_mr2 Click here to Send Redlyne_mr2 a Private Message Find more posts by Redlyne_mr2 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
ExtraSlow
Third Gear

quote:

Let's not turn this into a financial advice thread. I have already gone down that road and provided plenty of material for them to study.

Old Post 04-27-2015 08:39 PM
mr2mike
Third Gear

What I drive:
Posts/Day: 0.58
Trader Rating: (10)
User Rating: 95%

quote:

Veloster?

Old Post 04-27-2015 09:00 PM
mr2mike is offline Click Here to See the Profile for mr2mike Click here to Send mr2mike a Private Message Find more posts by mr2mike Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
rage2

What I drive: Ricer SUV, Lexus Coupe in Mid Life Crisis Orange
Posts/Day: 1.11
Trader Rating: (25)

quote:

We just picked up a well optioned 2015 B250 4Matic. Kids love it. Back seats have food/drink trays too! Only complaint so far is that passenger seat doesn't have power adjustments. Not a huge deal. It comes with the latest gen Infotainment system (same as new C class), and what a huge improvement. Dual charging/ipod plug ins is great, especially when the kids are charging their ipod and want to hear a song off there. Very roomy car. Tons of legroom in the back.

210hp, 7 speed DCT, as fast as a GTI, really nice car to drive. Let me know if you want to check it out. Here are the specs, and pricing:

2015 B250 4Matic
Premium Package
Versatility Package
Keyless Go

With those options the car parks itself, full on pano roof, blind spot assist, rear view camera, power/memory driver seat, nav, ipod, dvd player.

$40k MSRP

Leasing rates are alright too. With $0 down, website is showing:

$573/36 months
$553/39 months
$520/45 months

All 3 at 1.9%, tax and fees included.

Originally posted by SEANBANERJEE
I have gone above and beyond what I should rightfully have to do to protect my good name

Old Post 04-27-2015 09:02 PM
rage2 is offline Click Here to See the Profile for rage2 Click here to Send rage2 a Private Message Visit rage2's homepage! Find more posts by rage2 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
ExtraSlow
Third Gear

quote:

Originally posted by mr2mike
Veloster?

you shut your whore mouth.

Old Post 04-27-2015 09:05 PM
rage2

What I drive: Ricer SUV, Lexus Coupe in Mid Life Crisis Orange
Posts/Day: 1.11
Trader Rating: (25)

quote:

I'll add that the B starts at $33.5k, so with no options you're looking at $490/month tax in $0 down.

Originally posted by SEANBANERJEE
I have gone above and beyond what I should rightfully have to do to protect my good name

Old Post 04-27-2015 09:09 PM
rage2 is offline Click Here to See the Profile for rage2 Click here to Send rage2 a Private Message Visit rage2's homepage! Find more posts by rage2 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
InRich
Banned

What I drive: Super Car(s)
Posts/Day: 0.44
User Rating: 87%

quote:

^ Benz's suck Rage

Old Post 04-27-2015 09:14 PM
InRich is offline Click Here to See the Profile for InRich Click here to Send InRich a Private Message Find more posts by InRich Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
The time now is 02:39 PM (GMT) Post New Thread   

Last Thread   Next Thread
Beyond.ca - Car Forums : Powered by vBulletin version 2.3.9 Beyond.ca - Car Forums > Car Forums > General Car/Bike Talk > ANOTHER?!??!?? What car to buy thread

Show Printable Version | Email this Page | Subscribe to this Thread

Forum Rules: