Beyond.ca

Registration is free! Car Forums - Member Rides Car Forums - Find other members Car Forums - Calendar Car Forums - Frequently Asked Questions Forum Rules and Regulations Car Forums - Search Logout
Beyond.ca - Car Forums : Powered by vBulletin version 2.3.9 Beyond.ca - Car Forums > Car Forums > General Car/Bike Talk > Recession car deals

Author
Thread
Manhattan
Neutral

What I drive:
Posts/Day: 0.04
Trader Rating: (5)
User Rating: 97%

Recession car deals quote:

Post up any deals or steals on kijiji for people who may have been overleveraged selling off their ride. Might try to pick one up in the next couple weeks.

Report this post | IP: Logged

Old Post 09-03-2015 11:57 PM
Manhattan is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Manhattan Click here to Send Manhattan a Private Message Find more posts by Manhattan Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote

Manhattan
Neutral

What I drive:

quote:

I'll get it started.

http://www.kijiji.ca/v-cars-trucks/...edan/1091104209

Mods feel free to move if this belongs under another topic.

Old Post 09-04-2015 12:02 AM
Manhattan is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Manhattan Click here to Send Manhattan a Private Message Find more posts by Manhattan Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
03ozwhip
Fourth Gear

What I drive: changes every year
Posts/Day: 0.98
Trader Rating: (29)
User Rating: 90%

quote:

Man I paid close to that for my '11 335

Old Post 09-04-2015 12:19 AM
03ozwhip is online now Click Here to See the Profile for 03ozwhip Click here to Send 03ozwhip a Private Message Find more posts by 03ozwhip Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
schocker
Fifth Gear

What I drive: Euro Accord Brah
Posts/Day: 1.46
Trader Rating: (1)
User Rating: 100%

quote:

shieeet do want.

Old Post 09-04-2015 12:54 AM
schocker is offline Click Here to See the Profile for schocker Click here to Send schocker a Private Message Visit schocker's homepage! Find more posts by schocker Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
max_boost
Beyond Bully

What I drive: nothing special :(
Posts/Day: 1.79
Trader Rating: (31)
User Rating: 123%

quote:

Yes great idea! Would love to see what's out there.

Old Post 09-04-2015 01:25 AM
max_boost is offline Click Here to See the Profile for max_boost Click here to Send max_boost a Private Message Find more posts by max_boost Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
benyl
Hayan Namja

What I drive: One from Affalterbach and Dearborn
Posts/Day: 1.64
Trader Rating: (22)
User Rating: 250%

quote:

Originally posted by Manhattan
I'll get it started.

That priced where it should be. Not being winter driven adds no value.

Old Post 09-04-2015 01:31 AM
benyl is offline Click Here to See the Profile for benyl Click here to Send benyl a Private Message Find more posts by benyl Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Canucks3322
First Gear

What I drive:
Posts/Day: 0.21
Trader Rating: (3)
User Rating: 94%

quote:

Problem is though is me personally, I'd have to get rid of my current rides, and Id lose money on those since they're worth less now with market the way it is

Old Post 09-04-2015 02:22 AM
Canucks3322 is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Canucks3322 Click here to Send Canucks3322 a Private Message Find more posts by Canucks3322 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Masked Bandit
Forum Sponsor

What I drive: Buffalo Truck & something w/ Seriously Round Tires
Posts/Day: 0.53
User Rating: 99%

quote:

I'll get it started.

Is this actually a good price? I'm not familiar with the market on stuff like this but $35K for a (soon to be) seven year old out of warranty German sedan doesn't seem like a screaming deal to me???

"Masked Bandit is a gateway drug for frugal spending." - Unknown303

www.touchstoneinsurance.ca

Old Post 09-04-2015 02:21 PM
Masked Bandit is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Masked Bandit Click here to Send Masked Bandit a Private Message Visit Masked Bandit's homepage! Find more posts by Masked Bandit Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
cjblair
Second Gear

What I drive: Jap V8
Posts/Day: 0.53

quote:

Originally posted by Masked Bandit

Is this actually a good price? I'm not familiar with the market on stuff like this but $35K for a (soon to be) seven year old out of warranty German sedan doesn't seem like a screaming deal to me???

I've been keeping an eye on these for about 4 months now. It's a decent price given the low kms and assuming the owner kept up on maintenance. It's not recession-blowout pricing, but it's a little better than other ones on kijiji. Typically the ones with real low kms that aren't beat to shit, the owners are asking >$38k+. Lets just say if there was a C63 that came on for a recession blowout price, it might just end up in my garage before it makes it to this thread

edit: nm just looked at the ad, thought it was a different one. It's not a great price. It isn't a Performance Pack, and the drivers seat has notable wear in the pics.

Last edited by cjblair on 09-04-2015 at 02:29 PM

Old Post 09-04-2015 02:27 PM
cjblair is offline Click Here to See the Profile for cjblair Click here to Send cjblair a Private Message Find more posts by cjblair Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Aleks
Fourth Gear

What I drive: 17 Honda Ridgeline, 12 Honda Odyssey, 04 330i zhp
Posts/Day: 0.87
Trader Rating: (13)

quote:

It's not that great of a deal. It's been in my watch list on kijiji for a number of weeks

Great deals are scooped up in days (hours)

Joined 07/2002

Old Post 09-04-2015 02:45 PM
Aleks is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Aleks Click here to Send Aleks a Private Message Find more posts by Aleks Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
G-ZUS
Fourth Gear

What I drive: Blue boy
Posts/Day: 1.22
Trader Rating: (124)
User Rating: 103%

quote:

Originally posted by Aleks
Great deals are scooped up in days (hours)

You have to be fast, like catch it as soon as its listed and be there <1 hour fast

Old Post 09-04-2015 02:50 PM
G-ZUS is offline Click Here to See the Profile for G-ZUS Click here to Send G-ZUS a Private Message Find more posts by G-ZUS Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Manhattan
Neutral

What I drive:

quote:

I think used car brokers, both dealers and independent, scour the site and pick up deals for resale. Parents sold their daily driver at a steep discount a few weeks ago and 3 people showed up at the doorstep within the hour. But sometimes I'm weary of the really good deals - most are either scams or rebuilds.

Old Post 09-04-2015 03:44 PM
spike98
Second Gear

What I drive:
Posts/Day: 0.33
Trader Rating: (25)
User Rating: 93%

quote:

Originally posted by Canucks3322
Problem is though is me personally, I'd have to get rid of my current rides, and Id lose money on those since they're worth less now with market the way it is

IMO the market is quite strong on used cars (and toys). The strong US dollar is bring US buyers up here. These one of deals are just desperate sellers and will go quick.

Old Post 09-04-2015 03:56 PM
spike98 is offline Click Here to See the Profile for spike98 Click here to Send spike98 a Private Message Find more posts by spike98 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Shlade
Third Gear

What I drive:
Posts/Day: 0.89
Trader Rating: (18)
User Rating: 96%

quote:

Great idea for a thread actually.

Unfortunately I've noticed more people are trading vehicles now a days than selling since nobody has the money to form up.

Old Post 09-04-2015 04:08 PM
Shlade is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Shlade Click here to Send Shlade a Private Message Find more posts by Shlade Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Skyline_Addict
Third Gear

What I drive: Wannabe Skyline x2, Wannabe 911 GT3
Posts/Day: 0.63
Trader Rating: (17)

quote:

Originally posted by Shlade
Great idea for a thread actually.

Unfortunately I've noticed more people are trading vehicles now a days than selling since nobody has the money to form up.

If anyone finds a 997.2 C4 or C4S deal, let me know

Old Post 09-04-2015 04:15 PM
Skyline_Addict is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Skyline_Addict Click here to Send Skyline_Addict a Private Message Find more posts by Skyline_Addict Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
blownz
First Gear

What I drive: F10
Posts/Day: 0.17
Trader Rating: (0)

quote:

I'll get it started.

7 year old car for 40-45% of the price of a brand new one doesn't seem that great.

I don't think the big deals will be seen on the asking price often, but your ability to negotiate and low ball should increase this fall/winter.

Same with houses.

Old Post 09-04-2015 04:19 PM
blownz is offline Click Here to See the Profile for blownz Click here to Send blownz a Private Message Find more posts by blownz Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
01RedDX
Third Gear

What I drive:
Posts/Day: 0.58
Trader Rating: (22)

quote:

Deals

http://www.kijiji.ca/v-cars-trucks/...gationFlag=true

http://www.kijiji.ca/v-cars-trucks/...gationFlag=true

Old Post 09-04-2015 06:07 PM
01RedDX is offline Click Here to See the Profile for 01RedDX Click here to Send 01RedDX a Private Message Find more posts by 01RedDX Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Disoblige
Third Gear

What I drive: '90 Z32, '03 TJ, '15 Grom
Posts/Day: 0.74
Trader Rating: (28)
User Rating: 110%

quote:

Gross, camaro lol.

I'm up for a cheap C63, ISF, GTR, or 911 if the opportunity presents itself

Old Post 09-04-2015 06:13 PM
Disoblige is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Disoblige Click here to Send Disoblige a Private Message Find more posts by Disoblige Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
M.alex
FKA: 2EFNFAST

What I drive: Nothing
Posts/Day: 0.36
Trader Rating: (2)
User Rating: 90%

quote:

I BUY YOU LAMBOGHINI1!!!!!!! CASH IN HAND!!!!!! $30K FOR DIABLO!!!!!!!!!!!

Old Post 09-04-2015 06:30 PM
M.alex is offline Click Here to See the Profile for M.alex Click here to Send M.alex a Private Message Find more posts by M.alex Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Matty_10

What I drive:
Posts/Day: 0.02

quote:

Anybody know if there's a way to get the sellers info from an expired ad? Had my eye on a good deal but the ad expired so I can't get any info.

Old Post 09-04-2015 06:32 PM
Matty_10 is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Matty_10 Click here to Send Matty_10 a Private Message Find more posts by Matty_10 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
The time now is 06:30 PM (GMT) Post New Thread   

Last Thread   Next Thread
Beyond.ca - Car Forums : Powered by vBulletin version 2.3.9 Beyond.ca - Car Forums > Car Forums > General Car/Bike Talk > Recession car deals

Show Printable Version | Email this Page | Subscribe to this Thread

Forum Rules: