Beyond.ca

Registration is free! Car Forums - Member Rides Car Forums - Find other members Car Forums - Calendar Car Forums - Frequently Asked Questions Forum Rules and Regulations Car Forums - Search Logout
Beyond.ca - Car Forums : Powered by vBulletin version 2.3.9 Beyond.ca - Car Forums > Car Forums > Automotive News > Autopilot Showdown: Tesla P85D vs Mercedes E63S Wagon

Author
Thread
rage2

What I drive: Ricer SUV, Lexus Coupe in Mid Life Crisis Orange
Posts/Day: 1.10
Trader Rating: (25)
User Rating: 99%

Autopilot Showdown: Tesla P85D vs Mercedes E63S Wagon quote:

It's finally here, Tesla gets Autopilot! We pit the brand new version 7 Tesla Autopilot software against the tried and true Distronic Plus with Steer Assist system in the Mercedes-Benz E63S wagon to see which one comes out on top. A great excuse to bring 2 high powered cars out for a little fun on the roads. The results might surprise some of you...

http://www.beyond.ca/autopilot-show...agon/53192.html

Originally posted by SEANBANERJEE
I have gone above and beyond what I should rightfully have to do to protect my good name

Report this post | IP: Logged

Old Post 10-20-2015 04:16 PM
rage2 is offline Click Here to See the Profile for rage2 Click here to Send rage2 a Private Message Visit rage2's homepage! Find more posts by rage2 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote

Mibz

What I drive:
Posts/Day: 1.26
Trader Rating: (15)

Re: Autopilot Showdown: Tesla P85D vs Mercedes E63S Wagon quote:

Originally posted by rage2
The results might surprise some of you...

#wow

Old Post 10-20-2015 04:27 PM
Mibz is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Mibz Click here to Send Mibz a Private Message Find more posts by Mibz Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
supe
First Gear

What I drive: Altima
Posts/Day: 0.11
Trader Rating: (12)
User Rating: 97%

quote:

Sounds to me that Tesla innovation is finally starting to turn some heads on beyond.

Elon mentioned that the next update the car will be able to self park itself in a garage.

Old Post 10-20-2015 04:30 PM
supe is offline Click Here to See the Profile for supe Click here to Send supe a Private Message Find more posts by supe Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Mibz

What I drive:

quote:

Originally posted by supe
Elon mentioned that the next update the car will be able to self park itself in a garage.

I read this the other day and I thought to myself "Why?"

Do the mega-rich not have attached garages? Why would I want to either exit the car before it's in the garage, or have the car leave the garage before I enter it? I genuinely couldn't think of a scenario where it made sense, unless somebody exists in one of those weird sitcom families where everybody exists via the front door to a car parked on the driveway.

Old Post 10-20-2015 04:52 PM
Mibz is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Mibz Click here to Send Mibz a Private Message Find more posts by Mibz Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
ExtraSlow
Third Gear

What I drive: 2010 Recession Fighter LX
Posts/Day: 1.12
Trader Rating: (27)
User Rating: 101%

quote:

I think the Apple comparison is pretty relevant. Telsa sure didn't invent the electric car, or most of the embedded technology. Basically, they are a design company, not an engineering one, and just like Apple, they are showing how much design and user experience matters to customer satisfaction.

Old Post 10-20-2015 04:53 PM
ExtraSlow is offline Click Here to See the Profile for ExtraSlow Click here to Send ExtraSlow a Private Message Find more posts by ExtraSlow Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
benyl
Hayan Namja

What I drive: One from Affalterbach and Dearborn
Posts/Day: 1.64
Trader Rating: (22)
User Rating: 250%

quote:

Originally posted by Mibz

Do the mega-rich not have attached garages? Why would I want to either exit the car before it's in the garage, or have the car leave the garage before I enter it? I genuinely couldn't think of a scenario where it made sense, unless somebody exists in one of those weird sitcom families where everybody exists via the front door to a car parked on the driveway.

The ultra rich still live in downtown London or Tokyo. The car is really wide. It barely clears an 8ft wide door.

Old Post 10-20-2015 05:12 PM
benyl is offline Click Here to See the Profile for benyl Click here to Send benyl a Private Message Find more posts by benyl Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
supe
First Gear

What I drive: Altima
Posts/Day: 0.11
User Rating: 97%

quote:

What about the opposite of mega rich, you have a super tight garage. Two scenerios, 1, you get out, auto fold the mirrors and back in close the the wall. Or 2, both drivers like to park forward but of course the driver on the left needs room to get out which takes away room from the driver on the right.

My prediction tho is that its paving the path for automous charging.

Old Post 10-20-2015 05:15 PM
supe is offline Click Here to See the Profile for supe Click here to Send supe a Private Message Find more posts by supe Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Mibz

What I drive:

quote:

Originally posted by benyl
The ultra rich still live in downtown London or Tokyo. The car is really wide. It barely clears an 8ft wide door.

I guess. I mean the technology's already there it's not like they're sacrificing anything by implementing it, or making the car more complex.

I also just thought of auto-valet, which would be sweet as hell. Get out and tell the car to just roam the nearest parking lot until it found a spot. Then have it waiting for you out front once you're ready to leave.

GET ON IT, MUSK

Old Post 10-20-2015 05:18 PM
Sugarphreak
Fifth Gear

What I drive: A moving pylon
Posts/Day: 2.09
Trader Rating: (4)
User Rating: 155%

quote:

Remember when driving your own car was cool?

Old Post 10-20-2015 05:31 PM
Sugarphreak is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Sugarphreak Click here to Send Sugarphreak a Private Message Find more posts by Sugarphreak Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
ercchry
Fifth Gear

What I drive: E90M3 510 Wagon
Posts/Day: 1.51
Trader Rating: (6)

quote:

The garage area of the compound is for the help, and the help only... the less time their dirty asses sit in the car, the better!

Old Post 10-20-2015 05:32 PM
ercchry is offline Click Here to See the Profile for ercchry Click here to Send ercchry a Private Message Visit ercchry's homepage! Find more posts by ercchry Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
benyl
Hayan Namja

What I drive: One from Affalterbach and Dearborn
Posts/Day: 1.64
Trader Rating: (22)
User Rating: 250%

quote:

Originally posted by Sugarphreak
Remember when driving your own car was cool?

For me, the Tesla appeals to the car enthusiast in me more than the technology enthusiast.

I am no purist so I don't mind when the car takes over so I can surf beyond.

Old Post 10-20-2015 05:46 PM
benyl is offline Click Here to See the Profile for benyl Click here to Send benyl a Private Message Find more posts by benyl Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Mibz

What I drive:

quote:

Originally posted by benyl
the car enthusiast in me

The only car enthusiast inside you these days is rage2

Old Post 10-20-2015 05:58 PM
rage2

quote:

The only car enthusiast inside you these days is rage2

On the bright side, you still think I'm a car enthusiast.

I have gone above and beyond what I should rightfully have to do to protect my good name

Old Post 10-20-2015 06:12 PM
rage2 is offline Click Here to See the Profile for rage2 Click here to Send rage2 a Private Message Visit rage2's homepage! Find more posts by rage2 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
killramos
Third Gear

What I drive: ///M235i
Trader Rating: (2)
User Rating: 100%

quote:

* Use of this avatar makes no statement of me implying I own a BMW M division car, that the BMW M235i model is a BMW M division car, or any other statement regarding BMW M division or its debated superiority over other makes and models of vehicles

Originally posted by Thales of Miletus

If you think I have been trying to present myself as intellectually superior, then you truly are a dimwit.

Originally posted by Toma
fact.

Old Post 10-20-2015 06:13 PM
killramos is offline Click Here to See the Profile for killramos Click here to Send killramos a Private Message Find more posts by killramos Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Isaiah
First Gear

What I drive: Audi B5 S4
Posts/Day: 0.25
User Rating: 98%

quote:

Old Post 10-20-2015 06:51 PM
Isaiah is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Isaiah Click here to Send Isaiah a Private Message Find more posts by Isaiah Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
revelations
Third Gear

What I drive: 2g Eclipse / EP3
Posts/Day: 0.98
Trader Rating: (5)

quote:

Good review and unfortunately not surprising. My guess is that Tesla does in-house software dev and MB sub contracts out theirs to the lowest bidder every year.

Even so, until the ministry of highways/municipalities get into the act of installing devices of some kind to reflect radar/lidar (eg. cat eyes in BC) in the lanes etc. this will be a perfect-conditions-only system.

Similarly, vehicles will eventually start broadcasting their position/speed/braking/steering inputs digitally so that smart cars can read what the driver/vehicle is about to do before these automated systems rely on (deceptive) visual inputs.

Old Post 10-20-2015 07:19 PM
revelations is offline Click Here to See the Profile for revelations Click here to Send revelations a Private Message Find more posts by revelations Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
The_Rural_Juror
Second Gear

What I drive:
Posts/Day: 0.37
Trader Rating: (9)

quote:

I am most impressed by how steady the cameraman and subject were while rocking out to Bye Bye Bye. It's my jam man.

Last edited by The_Rural_Juror on 10-20-2015 at 07:40 PM

Old Post 10-20-2015 07:37 PM
The_Rural_Juror is offline Click Here to See the Profile for The_Rural_Juror Click here to Send The_Rural_Juror a Private Message Find more posts by The_Rural_Juror Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
rage2

quote:

Originally posted by The_Rural_Juror
I am most impressed by how steady the cameraman and subject were while rocking out to Bye Bye Bye. It's my jam man.

I'm a pro. I waited till the bridge when the beat stops for 3 bars and got my photo in.

Old Post 10-20-2015 07:49 PM
JRSC00LUDE
Third Gear

What I drive: S/C '00 Prelude '15 Tacoma '06 Vstar 1100
Posts/Day: 0.25
Trader Rating: (9)
User Rating: 112%

quote:

Personally I hope I'll be dead before self-driving cars and the eventual Government controlled traffic flow/speed is the norm.

Originally posted by SJW
Once again another useless post by JRSCOOLDUDE.

Originally posted by snowcat
Don't let the e-thugs and faggots get to you when they quote your posts and write stupid shit.

Old Post 10-20-2015 09:58 PM
JRSC00LUDE is online now Click Here to See the Profile for JRSC00LUDE Click here to Send JRSC00LUDE a Private Message Find more posts by JRSC00LUDE Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
killramos
Third Gear

What I drive: ///M235i
Trader Rating: (2)
User Rating: 100%

quote:

Originally posted by JRSC00LUDE
Personally I hope I'll be dead before self-driving cars and the eventual Government controlled traffic flow/speed is the norm.

* Use of this avatar makes no statement of me implying I own a BMW M division car, that the BMW M235i model is a BMW M division car, or any other statement regarding BMW M division or its debated superiority over other makes and models of vehicles

Originally posted by Thales of Miletus

If you think I have been trying to present myself as intellectually superior, then you truly are a dimwit.

Originally posted by Toma
fact.

Old Post 10-20-2015 10:07 PM
killramos is offline Click Here to See the Profile for killramos Click here to Send killramos a Private Message Find more posts by killramos Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
The time now is 05:30 PM (GMT) Post New Thread   

Last Thread   Next Thread
Beyond.ca - Car Forums : Powered by vBulletin version 2.3.9 Beyond.ca - Car Forums > Car Forums > Automotive News > Autopilot Showdown: Tesla P85D vs Mercedes E63S Wagon

Show Printable Version | Email this Page | Subscribe to this Thread

Forum Rules: