Beyond.ca

Registration is free! Car Forums - Member Rides Car Forums - Find other members Car Forums - Calendar Car Forums - Frequently Asked Questions Forum Rules and Regulations Car Forums - Search Logout
Beyond.ca - Car Forums : Powered by vBulletin version 2.3.9 Beyond.ca - Car Forums > Lounge > Home and Garden > Tools - Deals and Discounts Thread

Author
Thread
Hallowed_point
Second Gear

What I drive: 14 Accord 6-6 J35Y1
Posts/Day: 1.17
Trader Rating: (1)
User Rating: 99%

Mastercraft Maximum 1/2 torque wrench on sale! quote:

http://www.canadiantire.ca/en/pdp/m...en#.UvveFs5NFHA

Damn it...just bought mine for $89.99 on sale but not this good of a deal!

*$54.99 feb.14-20

Report this post | IP: Logged

Old Post 02-12-2014 08:50 PM
Hallowed_point is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Hallowed_point Click here to Send Hallowed_point a Private Message Find more posts by Hallowed_point Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote

mr2mike
Third Gear

What I drive:
Posts/Day: 0.58
Trader Rating: (10)
User Rating: 95%

quote:

Can anyone comment on its accuracy and quality?
All the Crap tire reviews are all lug nut torquers which, important but not as critical on accuracy as a ARP headstud.

Old Post 02-12-2014 08:53 PM
mr2mike is offline Click Here to See the Profile for mr2mike Click here to Send mr2mike a Private Message Find more posts by mr2mike Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Hallowed_point
Second Gear

quote:

Originally posted by mr2mike
Can anyone comment on its accuracy and quality?
All the Crap tire reviews are all lug nut torquers which, important but not as critical on accuracy as a ARP headstud.

I haven't verified it's accuracy, but it has a very positive click when it reaches torque.

Old Post 02-12-2014 09:22 PM
Hallowed_point is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Hallowed_point Click here to Send Hallowed_point a Private Message Find more posts by Hallowed_point Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
GTS4tw
First Gear

What I drive: Volvo S60 & Jeep GC
Posts/Day: 0.27
Trader Rating: (0)

quote:

The peace of mind when doing more sensitive stuff makes the real ones worth the price. If it is for lug nuts then its not such a big deal. My mastercraft was off by a few pounds across the range when tested against a higher quality wrench.

I recommend Jet, they are a bargain for a much much higher quality tool.

Old Post 02-12-2014 09:27 PM
GTS4tw is offline Click Here to See the Profile for GTS4tw Click here to Send GTS4tw a Private Message Find more posts by GTS4tw Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
BerserkerCatSplat

What I drive: Jeep of Theseus
Posts/Day: 1.33
Trader Rating: (25)
User Rating: 100%

quote:

Originally posted by GTS4tw
The peace of mind when doing more sensitive stuff makes the real ones worth the price. If it is for lug nuts then its not such a big deal. My mastercraft was off by a few pounds across the range when tested against a higher quality wrench.

Were both wrenches tested against a calibration unit? If not, that's a baseless comparison. All you know is that the wrenches were a couple of pounds different, not which was more accurate.

Old Post 02-12-2014 09:39 PM
BerserkerCatSplat is offline Click Here to See the Profile for BerserkerCatSplat Click here to Send BerserkerCatSplat a Private Message Visit BerserkerCatSplat's homepage! Find more posts by BerserkerCatSplat Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
HiTempguy1
First Gear

What I drive: 1995 WRX STi
Posts/Day: 0.28
User Rating: 95%

quote:

Originally posted by BerserkerCatSplat

Were both wrenches tested against a calibration unit? If not, that's a baseless comparison. All you know is that the wrenches were a couple of pounds different, not which was more accurate.

Many car magazines (like Car Craft, Hot Rod, and Grassroots Motorsports) have done tests using off the shelf units of high end torque wrenches (snap-on, MAC) and low end units (princess auto, harbor freight, mastercraft).

There is rarely a variation of more than 1 ftlb. Torque wrenches aren't rocket science

Old Post 02-12-2014 10:01 PM
HiTempguy1 is offline Click Here to See the Profile for HiTempguy1 Click here to Send HiTempguy1 a Private Message Find more posts by HiTempguy1 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
spikerS
Third Gear

What I drive: 2016 F-150 3.5L Ecoboost SCrew FX4
Posts/Day: 0.97
Trader Rating: (44)
User Rating: 103%

quote:

Originally posted by BerserkerCatSplat

Bingo!

Originally posted by Mibz
Always a fucking awful experience seeing spikers. Extra awful when he laps me.

Old Post 02-12-2014 10:01 PM
spikerS is offline Click Here to See the Profile for spikerS Click here to Send spikerS a Private Message Visit spikerS's homepage! Find more posts by spikerS Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
ROBOCOP
Neutral

What I drive:
Posts/Day: 0.03
Trader Rating: (2)
User Rating: 100%

quote:

I'll probably pick it up just cause it's a good deal lol thanks.

Old Post 02-13-2014 12:40 AM
ROBOCOP is offline Click Here to See the Profile for ROBOCOP Click here to Send ROBOCOP a Private Message Visit ROBOCOP's homepage! Find more posts by ROBOCOP Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Unknown303
Third Gear

What I drive: Hatred
Posts/Day: 0.88
Trader Rating: (48)
User Rating: 101%

quote:

I have one and while I have no idea on accuracy it is a solid built wrench.

Old Post 02-13-2014 01:25 AM
Unknown303 is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Unknown303 Click here to Send Unknown303 a Private Message Find more posts by Unknown303 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Rat Fink
Second Gear

What I drive:
Posts/Day: 0.32
Trader Rating: (0)

quote:

They are more than okay for home use. The apprentices at my shop buy them and use them until the ratchet head gets a dead spot that results in them smashing their hand against something, and then they go and buy a better one. For the DIYer at home I doubt it would get worn out enough to get to that point.

The main thing that I think sucks with those crappy tire ones is that they don't have a flex-head. I know it doesn't seem like that big of a deal but it can really make the difference when working in tighter spaces.

Old Post 02-13-2014 01:27 AM
Rat Fink is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Rat Fink Click here to Send Rat Fink a Private Message Find more posts by Rat Fink Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
DeleriousZ
Second Gear

What I drive: 1988 300zxt, 90 jetta
Posts/Day: 0.41
User Rating: 96%

quote:

I love this wrench in particular. It's great for the extremely heavy shit on cars like axle nuts. Great price for something that goes up to 250ftlbs.

If you take anything I have to say seriously, you're gunna have a bad time.
1988 300zxt. gt35, stance coils, etc.
1990 Jetta VR6 Daily, "stock"

Originally posted by ercchry
people are dumb, kids need to stop playing in the streets, SW soccer moms are the worst kind of people, the end

Old Post 02-13-2014 01:34 AM
DeleriousZ is offline Click Here to See the Profile for DeleriousZ Click here to Send DeleriousZ a Private Message Visit DeleriousZ's homepage! Find more posts by DeleriousZ Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Hallowed_point
Second Gear

quote:

Originally posted by Rat Fink
The main thing that I think sucks with those crappy tire ones is that they don't have a flex-head. I know it doesn't seem like that big of a deal but it can really make the difference when working in tighter spaces.

I completely agree with you there..a flex head would've made a world of difference when I was trying to torque my rear lca's. Gave up and went he-man with a regular ratchet

Old Post 02-13-2014 03:25 PM
Hallowed_point
Second Gear

quote:

Richmond Road Canadian Tire has a sh*t ton.
I returned my regular mastercraft one for $80.00
credit..I can upgrade to the maximum for less $$

Attachment: tq_wrench.jpg

Old Post 02-13-2014 03:35 PM
n1zm0
Fourth Gear

What I drive: S14|TB1
Posts/Day: 1.00
Trader Rating: (14)
User Rating: 96%

quote:

I have one I got 2 years ago, rechecked the torque late last year and it was a ft-lbs under - I've only used it so far for lug nuts, I don't know how many people do this but with spring click-type torque wrenches we were always taught in aviation to unwind them back to 0 after use, when I was in automotive I never saw anyone do this, helps for the longevity of its accuracy that's for sure.

edit: I'll find the recal cert when I get home if I can find it.

Last edited by n1zm0 on 02-13-2014 at 03:51 PM

Old Post 02-13-2014 03:47 PM
n1zm0 is offline Click Here to See the Profile for n1zm0 Click here to Send n1zm0 a Private Message Visit n1zm0's homepage! Find more posts by n1zm0 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Hallowed_point
Second Gear

quote:

^I always zero mine after and I never use it as a breaker bar.

Old Post 02-13-2014 04:15 PM
BokCh0y
Third Gear

What I drive: GGL15, R53, JCE10, VZN170, BB6
Trader Rating: (74)

quote:

So the MC Maximum tq. wrench is on sale for how much then? Regular $145 on for $99? is that correct? Or is it on sale for $54.99?

Old Post 02-13-2014 04:56 PM
BokCh0y is offline Click Here to See the Profile for BokCh0y Click here to Send BokCh0y a Private Message Find more posts by BokCh0y Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
cjblair
Second Gear

What I drive: Jap V8
Posts/Day: 0.53
Trader Rating: (5)
User Rating: 97%

quote:

It's on for 54.99.

Go to Canadian Tire's website, you can read the weekly flyer there.

Also, the dates are wrong in the OP, sale starts today, runs til the 19th (according to the CT website).

Old Post 02-13-2014 05:03 PM
cjblair is offline Click Here to See the Profile for cjblair Click here to Send cjblair a Private Message Find more posts by cjblair Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
BokCh0y
Third Gear

What I drive: GGL15, R53, JCE10, VZN170, BB6
Trader Rating: (74)

quote:

Originally posted by cjblair
It's on for 54.99.

Go to Canadian Tire's website, you can read the weekly flyer there.

Also, the dates are wrong in the OP, sale starts today, runs til the 19th (according to the CT website).

Awesome, thanks very much for the clarification.

Old Post 02-13-2014 05:25 PM
BokCh0y is offline Click Here to See the Profile for BokCh0y Click here to Send BokCh0y a Private Message Find more posts by BokCh0y Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Tomaz
Second Gear

What I drive: 2011 Mustang GT
Posts/Day: 0.41
Trader Rating: (2)

quote:

SOLD!

thanks for the info!

Old Post 02-13-2014 05:32 PM
Tomaz is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Tomaz Click here to Send Tomaz a Private Message Find more posts by Tomaz Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
cjblair
Second Gear

What I drive: Jap V8
Posts/Day: 0.53
Trader Rating: (5)
User Rating: 97%

quote:

Originally posted by Tomaz
SOLD!

thanks for the info!

Haha I'm gonna head there after work.

Old Post 02-13-2014 06:11 PM
cjblair is offline Click Here to See the Profile for cjblair Click here to Send cjblair a Private Message Find more posts by cjblair Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
The time now is 03:42 AM (GMT) Post New Thread   

Last Thread   Next Thread
Beyond.ca - Car Forums : Powered by vBulletin version 2.3.9 Beyond.ca - Car Forums > Lounge > Home and Garden > Tools - Deals and Discounts Thread

Show Printable Version | Email this Page | Subscribe to this Thread

Forum Rules: