Quantcast
GMC Truck Thread - Beyond.ca - Car Forums
Page 1 of 38 1 2 11 ... LastLast

Thread: GMC Truck Thread

Default GMC Truck Thread

As its obvious new GM's are all the rage. Lets put everything in one thread!

Whats everyone done to there trucks so far?

Only thing I have done is add a Rough Country leveling kit.

http://www.roughcountry.com/gm-level...it-1307-8.html

Left side took about an hour, right side 15 min haha.

I like the look a lot, thinking about running 32's now.

Discuss.

My Ride
    Audi

'14 Sierra SLE 4x4 Z71 with the 5.3L

It's overall stock, with only 2 non stock things:

- Goodyear Wrangler Duratracs

- Morimoto HID kit from the retrofit source (sierra spec with the capacitor link):

click for larger version
    » Click image for larger version

https://www.theretrofitsource.com/hi...l#.VlSQSvlVhBc

Took me about 2 hrs (1 hr of it was trying to figure out why it wasn't turning on until I realized the capacitor link is reverse polarity). If anyone is thinking of this kit, i'd recommend getting the extension for the harness - the wiring is fairly short for a truck. I did have a bulb go out - however they were quick in sending me a replacement (~1 week of shipping).

I didn't do a before/after pic though so if anyone has a Sierra with the OEM headlights, and wants to see the difference i'm open to meeting up.

'14 Sierra Denali with the 6.2L
    All stock for now except for window tint and a stubby antenna

Next I want to swap out the crappy Rancho shocks with some bilstein 5100s

My Ride
    GTIR->SE-R->RDX->SLT->S60->LS460

'14 Sierra SLT All Terrain 6.2

Volant CAI
    Borla S-Type Cat-back
    Diablew Cutom 91 Octane tune. (HIGHLY RECOMMEND!)
    Lumens HID 6000k kit

Looking at a leveling kit next year and maybe some more aggressive wheels/tires.
    Stupidity is a disease we all have, it's like a form of brain herpes. Outbreaks will occasionally occur.

My Ride
    N/A V8, TTV6, DOHC N/A V6

Originally posted by nissanK
    '14 Sierra SLT All Terrain 6.2

Volant CAI
    Borla S-Type Cat-back
    Diablew Cutom 91 Octane tune. (HIGHLY RECOMMEND!)
    Lumens HID 6000k kit

Looking at a leveling kit next year and maybe some more aggressive wheels/tires.
    Ive heard of diablew. How's the power?
    "The most merciful thing in the world, I think, is the inability of the human mind to correlate all its contents... some day the piecing together of dissociated knowledge will open up such terrifying vistas of reality, and of our frightful position therein, that we shall either go mad from the revelation or flee from the light into the peace and safety of a new Dark Age."

-H.P. Lovecraft

2015 Sierra 2500HD 6.0 Gasser 4x4 Double Cab. Black! I bought it 2 weeks ago, beginning of November.

Mostly stock - this is my dedicated tow rig for my 26' travel trailer. I have a 2013 Sierra that is my daily driver.

I added some 6" running boards, an EZ down tailgate damper and I'm looking to add some mud flaps. Anyone have ideas for mudflaps?

My Ride
    General Motors Competizione

Originally posted by Hounddog
    2015 Sierra 2500HD 6.0 Gasser 4x4 Double Cab. Black! I bought it 2 weeks ago, beginning of November.

Mostly stock - this is my dedicated tow rig for my 26' travel trailer. I have a 2013 Sierra that is my daily driver.

I added some 6" running boards, an EZ down tailgate damper and I'm looking to add some mud flaps. Anyone have ideas for mudflaps?
    Bulletproof makes the best flaps, I think. I had a set on my 2010. You'll have to call them to find out where they sell them. I don't have any good pictures of them but they're pretty heavy. They don't have them on their website but you can get the number there.

http://www.bulletproofbumpers.com/

I can't afford a new GMC.
    2007 GMC 2500 Duramax
    1981 GMC C1500 454

Haha wow saw all the threads in the general section, I'm looking for a work truck and eye balling the GMC's the most - what dealer did you guys go to ? How was the salesman? Looking for a good deal so if anybody has a good contact let me know
    Originally posted by Mibz
    She's already exhibiting signs of turning into my Mom, I need some sort of legal recourse if a full-blown transformation occurs.

Last edited by Cos; 12-21-2016 at 10:36 AM.
    Originally posted by adam c

Line goes up, line goes down, line does squiggly things and fucks Alberta
    "The stone age didn't end because we ran out of stones"

My Ride
    Super Car(s)

Originally posted by 403Gemini
    Haha wow saw all the threads in the general section, I'm looking for a work truck and eye balling the GMC's the most - what dealer did you guys go to ? How was the salesman? Looking for a good deal so if anybody has a good contact let me know
    High River. PM me your info, I'll have the owner of the place call you, that way you avoid the sales guys commission, and he'll deal with you direct.

I would also like to upgrade to HIDs, but am worried about them going out on me after a while as most aftermarket HIDs do, I always see one of the lights burned out on trucks I see passing by

Originally posted by SKR

Bulletproof makes the best flaps, I think. I had a set on my 2010. You'll have to call them to find out where they sell them. I don't have any good pictures of them but they're pretty heavy. They don't have them on their website but you can get the number there.

http://www.bulletproofbumpers.com/

I can't afford a new GMC.
    Thanks for this, I'll take a peek.

My Ride
    GTIR->SE-R->RDX->SLT->S60->LS460

Originally posted by Darkane
    Ive heard of diablew. How's the power?
    The truck is crazy responsive now. He actually disables the AFM so you're running in V8 all the time so I'm not waiting for 4 cylinders to wake up when passing.

Mileage once everything is dialed in is about the same.

100+ page thread of reviews of his tunes:

http://www.silveradosierra.com/engin...n-t135770.html
    Stupidity is a disease we all have, it's like a form of brain herpes. Outbreaks will occasionally occur.

My Ride
    GR Supra MT, MK8 Golf R

2015 SLT All Terrain w/ 5.3

So far:

Window Tint
    Headlight & Taillight Tint
    3M
    Radar Detector Hard Wire Kit
    Tyro Spray In Liner
    Weather Tech Mats

Researching tires still (dedicated winter vs. A/T w/ Snowflake) and also Tonneau Covers (http://forums.beyond.ca/showthread.p...hreadid=395637).

I take it leveling kits are only for aesthetic reasons?

How was the salesman? Looking for a good deal so if anybody has a good contact let me know
    After dealing with a Jack Carter and Shaw GMC and having a shitty experience I went and dealt with Jim Findlay @ Shagannapi and had a great experience. He was very patient, & professional. My truck had to be dealer transferred based on the options I wanted and he would provide me daily updates until we found the right truck and got it transferred in. Would highly recommend. PM me for info if you like.

Originally posted by 94boosted

I take it leveling kits are only for aesthetic reasons?

Mainly, although you can go up in tire size. I think up to 32's with the rough country 2 inch leveling kit.

My Ride
    Silverado

2015 silverado 2LT with the 5.3. Will likely keep it mostly stock. Not sure about the levelling kit. Work parkade clearance is only 6'8" so it already makikg me nervous lol. It's my first truck and the plan is to keep it for a decade.
    Daily drive for now. Once it's paid off it will be relegated to just the tow vehicle. Trailer to follow next year.

Bought from Shaw, as I have family there.

Anyone have a experience with a good rear seat cover for a large dog? I would prefer if it can be set up in 5 minutes so I can take it down quick for when I need to put someone in the back.
    Last edited by dirtsniffer; 11-24-2015 at 02:32 PM.

I used TJ Quinton at Davis GM in Lethbridge.

telephone: (403) 329-4444
    mobile: (403) 915-5143

Did like 85% of the deal over text msg on a Tuesday, and had it delivered to me in Calgary on the Friday.

My Ride
    GR Supra MT, MK8 Golf R

Originally posted by dirtsniffer

Anyone have a experience with a good rear seat cover for a large dog? I would prefer if it can be set up in 5 minutes so I can take it down quick for when I need to put someone in the back.
    We just use one of those hammock things you can buy from Home Sense I think (looks like this ). I clipped it to the back of the drivers & passengers headrests and then flipped the back seats up. Our dog now basically has her own living room back there and if I slam on the brakes she can't come flying over the middle console. Let me know if you want me to snap a pic.

It's interesting a lot of people going to the smaller towns - i went to GSL and was told I'm getting "Employee pricing" (usually BS line imo) and it was the best deal they could give

Was curious and driving home after work that day and thought i'd stop by Southgate only to find out what GSL was offering after "marking it down" was Southgate's sticker price

I honestly I hate dealing with car lots
    Originally posted by Mibz
    She's already exhibiting signs of turning into my Mom, I need some sort of legal recourse if a full-blown transformation occurs.

Although it's my work truck, I'll list

2015 GMC Sierra 2500HD. 6.0L Gas, crew cab, long box. Ali arc front bumper w/ led lights, air bags in the rear, headache rack, box rails, wooden box lining, 2 way radio and cell phone booster.

Ran the duratracks first and got 110,000KMs out of them, which was fantastic. The only reason I had to take them off was I punctured one tire with someone that left a good 2 inch slash. Almost instant flat. Could have probably ran them another 10,000KM for sure.

Also, had the transmission rebuilt, then it died again so they put in a brand new transmission

My Ride
    GR Supra MT, MK8 Golf R

^110K km's on a 2015 man you drive a lot

Page 1 of 38 1 2 11 ... LastLast