Beyond.ca

Registration is free! Car Forums - Member Rides Car Forums - Find other members Car Forums - Calendar Car Forums - Frequently Asked Questions Forum Rules and Regulations Car Forums - Search Logout
Beyond.ca - Car Forums : Powered by vBulletin version 2.3.9 Beyond.ca - Car Forums > Lounge > Computers, Consoles, and other Electronics > Samsung Galaxy S7, S7 Edge and others '16

Author
Thread
ThePlaymaker

What I drive:
Posts/Day: 0.00
Trader Rating: (0)
User Rating: 100%

Samsung Galaxy S7, S7 Edge and others quote:

Samsung unveiling two new phones today.

Event start @ 11:00 am

Last edited by ThePlaymaker on 02-22-2016 at 05:43 PM

Report this post | IP: Logged

Old Post 02-21-2016 04:06 PM
ThePlaymaker is offline Click Here to See the Profile for ThePlaymaker Click here to Send ThePlaymaker a Private Message Find more posts by ThePlaymaker Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote

shakalaka
WILSUU2

What I drive: SCUZEM3
Posts/Day: 0.76
Trader Rating: (56)
User Rating: 97%

quote:

Apparently rumours of other phones out as well. I am looking forward to another Android Blackberry if true.

Old Post 02-21-2016 04:34 PM
shakalaka is offline Click Here to See the Profile for shakalaka Click here to Send shakalaka a Private Message Find more posts by shakalaka Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
ExtraSlow
Third Gear

What I drive: 2010 Recession Fighter LX
Posts/Day: 1.11
Trader Rating: (27)
User Rating: 101%

quote:

So my S3 is no longer cutting edge?

Old Post 02-21-2016 04:58 PM
ExtraSlow is online now Click Here to See the Profile for ExtraSlow Click here to Send ExtraSlow a Private Message Find more posts by ExtraSlow Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
ThePlaymaker

What I drive:
Posts/Day: 0.00

quote:

oooo their bringing back micro sd card slot

Old Post 02-21-2016 06:27 PM
ThePlaymaker is offline Click Here to See the Profile for ThePlaymaker Click here to Send ThePlaymaker a Private Message Find more posts by ThePlaymaker Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Mitsu3000gt
E-Gear Paddle Shifter

What I drive: 2017 Civic Hatch ST
Posts/Day: 1.80
Trader Rating: (28)
User Rating: 93%

quote:

No surprises from the rumors. Looks like they listened to their customers and made the appropriate upgrades over the S6.

An actual high-end tablet would be nice.

Old Post 02-21-2016 08:41 PM
Mitsu3000gt is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Mitsu3000gt Click here to Send Mitsu3000gt a Private Message Find more posts by Mitsu3000gt Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
kaput
Second Gear

Posts/Day: 0.24
Trader Rating: (6)

quote:

Someone please give us a good android tablet. My ipad is very frustrating to use.

Old Post 02-21-2016 09:12 PM
kaput is offline Click Here to See the Profile for kaput Click here to Send kaput a Private Message Find more posts by kaput Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
firebane
First Gear

What I drive: 1996 Integra SE
Posts/Day: 0.58
Trader Rating: (1)
User Rating: 94%

quote:

Originally posted by kaput
Someone please give us a good android tablet. My ipad is very frustrating to use.

Android tablet market is realistically dead. There hasn't been anything worthwhile in the hardware department or even the software department to make it worthwhile.

Old Post 02-21-2016 10:42 PM
firebane is offline Click Here to See the Profile for firebane Click here to Send firebane a Private Message Find more posts by firebane Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Hero_X
Neutral

What I drive:
Posts/Day: 0.05
Trader Rating: (5)

quote:

So.. anyone gonna upgrade?

I still am rocking a s6 edge and I really like it. But these upgrades seem nice, especially microSD slot and bigger battery.

Old Post 02-21-2016 11:43 PM
Hero_X is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Hero_X Click here to Send Hero_X a Private Message Find more posts by Hero_X Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
firebane
First Gear

quote:

Originally posted by Hero_X

I still am rocking a s6 edge and I really like it. But these upgrades seem nice, especially microSD slot and bigger battery.

I am on a S4 and will be upgrading to the S7 if I can. There was nothing in the 5 and 6 that made me want to upgrade and the lack of sd card made it even worse.

Old Post 02-21-2016 11:51 PM
firebane is offline Click Here to See the Profile for firebane Click here to Send firebane a Private Message Find more posts by firebane Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
cream
Neutral

What I drive: girl car
Posts/Day: 0.08

quote:

Originally posted by Hero_X

I'll be upgrading from my Note 3 to the S7 Edge. I was holding off all last year but the Note 5 was disappointing. Looking to pre-order tomorrow morning w/ Rogers.

Old Post 02-22-2016 12:20 AM
cream is offline Click Here to See the Profile for cream Click here to Send cream a Private Message Find more posts by cream Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
shakalaka
WILSUU2

quote:

I had the s6 edge when it first came out. Then I used the iPhone 6s and stuck with the Priv after that for the longest in a while. Now yesterday gother rid of it and picked up the Note 5 yesterday. Nothing in the s7 that I've seen so far makes me want to get it. Will use the Note 5 for a while then see what I like next.

Last edited by shakalaka on 02-22-2016 at 04:44 AM

Old Post 02-22-2016 12:59 AM
shakalaka is offline Click Here to See the Profile for shakalaka Click here to Send shakalaka a Private Message Find more posts by shakalaka Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
speedog
Second Gear

What I drive:
Posts/Day: 0.65
Trader Rating: (2)
User Rating: 104%

quote:

Pfft, I just upgraded from a S3 to a S4 and the S4 more than meets my needs.

Old Post 02-22-2016 01:35 AM
speedog is offline Click Here to See the Profile for speedog Click here to Send speedog a Private Message Find more posts by speedog Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
firebane
First Gear

quote:

Originally posted by speedog
Pfft, I just upgraded from a S3 to a S4 and the S4 more than meets my needs.

No offense but the S3 to S4 isn't much of an upgrade.

Old Post 02-22-2016 01:42 AM
drtoohotty1
First Gear

What I drive: 03 CBR F4i, 04 ralliart, 01 tracker 12 outlander
Posts/Day: 0.19
Trader Rating: (22)
User Rating: 99%

quote:

I have the s6 active and other then the removable SD card nothing strikes me as a must have for the s7 wallet = safe

Originally posted by Unknown303
Everything makes me upset.

Originally posted by Mibz
Nonsense. You've all got slanty eyes, play Starcraft, speak Chinese and eat nothing but sushi and ginger beef.

DON'T TRY AND CONVINCE ME OTHERWISE

Old Post 02-22-2016 01:42 AM
drtoohotty1 is offline Click Here to See the Profile for drtoohotty1 Click here to Send drtoohotty1 a Private Message Find more posts by drtoohotty1 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
K3RMiTdot
Second Gear

What I drive:
Posts/Day: 0.64
Trader Rating: (45)

quote:

Ill be upgrading going to try and pre order from the samsung website

Old Post 02-22-2016 03:01 AM
K3RMiTdot is online now Click Here to See the Profile for K3RMiTdot Click here to Send K3RMiTdot a Private Message Find more posts by K3RMiTdot Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Mitsu3000gt
E-Gear Paddle Shifter

What I drive: 2017 Civic Hatch ST
Posts/Day: 1.80
Trader Rating: (28)
User Rating: 93%

quote:

Originally posted by kaput

Nexus 9 might do the trick for you, still probably the best truly high-end android tablet even though it's a year old. Very fast, great battery life, best speakers - I have no complaints and have used it daily since it was available.

The high end tablet market overall though is slim pickings, I don't know who all these people are buying garbage low-mid range tablets, but that's all anyone seems to make anymore. Even the iPads switched to a 2+ year refresh.

On the phone side, if you have an S6 already, there is little reason to get the S7. If you are still rocking an older phone though, it would be very tempting. They also moved to a 12MP camera sensor so it likely has low light performance matching or surpassing the 6P which would be impressive.

Old Post 02-22-2016 03:34 AM
Mitsu3000gt is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Mitsu3000gt Click here to Send Mitsu3000gt a Private Message Find more posts by Mitsu3000gt Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
v2kai
First Gear

What I drive: AP1 / CRV
Posts/Day: 0.26
Trader Rating: (65)

quote:

having a tough time justifying jumping from my S5 to the S7...

for those interested at a glance S5 vs S6 vs S7 spec head to head:

http://www.androidcentral.com/spec-...ersus-galaxy-s5

Old Post 02-22-2016 04:41 AM
v2kai is offline Click Here to See the Profile for v2kai Click here to Send v2kai a Private Message Find more posts by v2kai Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
speedog
Second Gear

What I drive:
Posts/Day: 0.65
Trader Rating: (2)
User Rating: 104%

quote:

Originally posted by firebane

No offense but the S3 to S4 isn't much of an upgrade.

Good enough for me, that's all that matters, eh.

Old Post 02-22-2016 04:46 AM
speedog is offline Click Here to See the Profile for speedog Click here to Send speedog a Private Message Find more posts by speedog Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
shakalaka
WILSUU2

quote:

I picked up the Samsung Table A 10" a little while ago and love it. Does all I want it to do like take notes with the pen and print later etc.

Old Post 02-22-2016 04:46 AM
Xaroxantu Zero
Beyond Member of the Year 2009

What I drive:
Posts/Day: 0.16
Trader Rating: (60)

quote:

Pricing from Bell is out.

$900 for S7
$1000 for S7 edge

http://mobilesyrup.com/2016/02/22/g...pricing-canada/

Cannot afford.

Sushi Bazooka Review | Sushi Magic Review | Magic Bullet Review | Slap Chop Review

Old Post 02-22-2016 02:22 PM
Xaroxantu Zero is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Xaroxantu Zero Click here to Send Xaroxantu Zero a Private Message Visit Xaroxantu Zero's homepage! Find more posts by Xaroxantu Zero Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
The time now is 04:04 PM (GMT) Post New Thread   

Last Thread   Next Thread
Beyond.ca - Car Forums : Powered by vBulletin version 2.3.9 Beyond.ca - Car Forums > Lounge > Computers, Consoles, and other Electronics > Samsung Galaxy S7, S7 Edge and others '16

Show Printable Version | Email this Page | Subscribe to this Thread

Forum Rules: