Beyond.ca

Registration is free! Car Forums - Member Rides Car Forums - Find other members Car Forums - Calendar Car Forums - Frequently Asked Questions Forum Rules and Regulations Car Forums - Search Logout
Beyond.ca - Car Forums : Powered by vBulletin version 2.3.9 Beyond.ca - Car Forums > Lounge > Careers > Training Opportunity - Drilling and Completions for non-engineers - May 5

Author
Thread
ExtraSlow
Third Gear

What I drive: 2010 Recession Fighter LX
Posts/Day: 1.12
Trader Rating: (27)
User Rating: 101%

Training Opportunity - Drilling and Completions for non-engineers - May 5 quote:

Rage2 approved.

As some of you know, I've started a company that focuses on mentoring, training and advisory consulting services for the oil and gas industry. I've had a lot of great assistance from beyond members in getting this off the ground, and I've been very fortunate to assemble an amazing team to assist me.

http://www.petroleummentors.com/

We are putting on our first open course next week and have a few spots still open. I would love to hear from anyone who could benefit. I am offering discounts for group registrations, as well as beyond member discounts.

Tired of impersonal, boring training? Join Petroleum Mentors for a day of workshop-style sessions designed to help your non-technical staff get a better understanding of the drilling and completion technical topics that drive your business.

Ideal for staff in:
- Supply Chain
- Stakeholder Relations
- Regulatory & Licensing
- Project Management
- IT Business Analysts and Business support roles
- Accounting

Built with the non-Engineer in mind, our training involves participatory group discussions on drilling and completion practices using practical, straight-forward language and examples. Participants can discuss their unique struggles and opportunities in a highly personalized small-group setting.

Every $550+gst registration includes:
- 1 day of small-group training
- 2 weeks of email support
- A one-on-one follow-up session with one of our mentors

We will be offering this training in Calgary on Thursday May 5th and space is very limited. Email us for at [email protected] for registration information.

http://www.petroleummentors.com/current-training/

Last edited by ExtraSlow on 04-28-2016 at 08:15 PM

Report this post | IP: Logged

Old Post 04-28-2016 03:44 PM
ExtraSlow is offline Click Here to See the Profile for ExtraSlow Click here to Send ExtraSlow a Private Message Find more posts by ExtraSlow Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote

ExtraSlow
Third Gear

quote:

The website has been getting a lot of hits from this post already. Feel free to email, PM or post any questions.

Pretty funny, I paid to have an advertisement run in the DOB for a day, and I've already generated more traffic to my website than I got in 24 hours from the DOB. The power of beyond.ca.

Old Post 04-28-2016 06:01 PM
ExtraSlow is offline Click Here to See the Profile for ExtraSlow Click here to Send ExtraSlow a Private Message Find more posts by ExtraSlow Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
prae
Neutral

What I drive: '13 F-150 FX4 Eco
Posts/Day: 0.07
Trader Rating: (1)
User Rating: 99%

quote:

Seems like a great idea to me! I confess I was curious what kind of biz you were starting. Good luck ExtraSlow!

Old Post 04-28-2016 06:17 PM
prae is offline Click Here to See the Profile for prae Click here to Send prae a Private Message Find more posts by prae Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Feruk

What I drive: G6
Posts/Day: 0.01
Trader Rating: (2)
User Rating: 100%

quote:

Good luck. One idea for a course would be something simplified on waterflood surveillance and optimization. A step-by-step guide. I took a 5 day course on the topic by an industry expert and was underwhelmed.

Old Post 04-28-2016 06:35 PM
Feruk is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Feruk Click here to Send Feruk a Private Message Find more posts by Feruk Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
ExtraSlow
Third Gear

quote:

Originally posted by Feruk
simplified waterflood surveillance and optimization.

I actually have a guy who would be great for that topic. Might be tough to fill an open course, but we can run in-house courses for as few as four people. Since all our experts are in town, we also have the option of doing different formats as well, such as doing two half day sessions instead of jamming in eight hours of lectures into a single day. I think that kind of delivery fits many organizations better.

I can write up a custom plan if you want, give me a shout.

Old Post 04-28-2016 06:52 PM
78si
Second Gear

What I drive: 78 civic
Posts/Day: 0.30
Trader Rating: (61)

quote:

I think its a great idea. As a non oil and gas guy.. I often ask people what the hell they actually do, verses them saying (2007- snob voice-"I'm in oil and gas")

Old Post 04-28-2016 07:15 PM
78si is offline Click Here to See the Profile for 78si Click here to Send 78si a Private Message Find more posts by 78si Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
JaffX

What I drive: M235i xDrive
Posts/Day: 0.03

quote:

Good luck! I would definitely take this if I had a job to pay for it

Old Post 04-28-2016 08:18 PM
JaffX is offline Click Here to See the Profile for JaffX Click here to Send JaffX a Private Message Find more posts by JaffX Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
flipstah
The Gimp

What I drive: exploded.
Posts/Day: 1.97
Trader Rating: (13)
User Rating: 102%

quote:

Have fun, whoever is planning to take these courses!

Completions is the coolest part of the extraction phase IMO. Gotta love it when someone fucks up a ball drop lol.

Sigh, I miss it.

Old Post 04-28-2016 11:02 PM
flipstah is offline Click Here to See the Profile for flipstah Click here to Send flipstah a Private Message Visit flipstah's homepage! Find more posts by flipstah Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
dirtsniffer
Second Gear

What I drive: Silverado
Posts/Day: 0.64
Trader Rating: (16)
User Rating: 92%

quote:

Anything on gathering lines or systems?

Originally posted by ExtraSlow
This thread is great, finally we are mixing the regular hate and intolerance with some actual car talk.

Originally posted by Mar
This cannot be for real, nobody's that stupid. I think this guy is just trying to cause shit.

Old Post 04-29-2016 12:07 AM
dirtsniffer is offline Click Here to See the Profile for dirtsniffer Click here to Send dirtsniffer a Private Message Find more posts by dirtsniffer Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
ExtraSlow
Third Gear

quote:

Originally posted by dirtsniffer
Anything on gathering lines or systems?

This could mean a lot of different things. We should sit down over a coffee and discuss. I don't want to oversell our current capabilities, so I'd want to understand your needs better. Shoot me a PM or email.

Old Post 04-29-2016 04:05 AM
viff3r
Neutral

What I drive: Civic, RDX, VFR
Posts/Day: 0.06
User Rating: 99%

quote:

Great idea for a company. Supply chain people with fundamental knowledge of D&C ops are few and far between. PM'd.

Originally posted by ExtraSlow
Pretty funny, I paid to have an advertisement run in the DOB for a day, and I've already generated more traffic to my website than I got in 24 hours from the DOB. The power of beyond.ca.

I don't think I've ever clicked a DOB classified ad, haha.

Originally posted by t_soarer
....can anyone say "retarted"?

Originally posted by leftwing
no more retarted 18 year old girls who fail out.

Originally posted by benyl
The english language is retarted...

Originally posted by Maxx Mazda
Stanced cars look retarted anyways.

Old Post 04-29-2016 02:51 PM
viff3r is offline Click Here to See the Profile for viff3r Click here to Send viff3r a Private Message Find more posts by viff3r Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
ExtraSlow
Third Gear

quote:

Originally posted by viff3r
Great idea for a company. Supply chain people with fundamental knowledge of D&C ops are few and far between. PM'd.

I don't think I've ever clicked a DOB classified ad, haha.

Thanks for the PM, I emailed you back. I agree, there is insufficient cross-training for a lot of groups, and SCM folks are just the beginning. I've had some traction with Accounts Payable people as well, since it makes sense that it would be helpful to know more about the services and products that are being invoiced.

We also have an offering that is tailored towards the D&C engineering and technicians themselves, but that can't be squeezed into a 1-day course. If anyone wants to hear more about that, let me know.

Old Post 04-29-2016 05:06 PM
stillworking

What I drive: 3rd Gen
Posts/Day: 0.02
Trader Rating: (0)

quote:

This looks legit and beneficial. Nicely done.
I will be emailing tomorrow to see about registration.

Old Post 04-30-2016 05:52 AM
stillworking is offline Click Here to See the Profile for stillworking Click here to Send stillworking a Private Message Find more posts by stillworking Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
ExtraSlow
Third Gear

quote:

I've had a few beyonders email or PM me about discounts for students/unemployed/corporate cutbacks etc.
YES there are discounts!! and if you are a member on beyond.ca, YES they probably apply to you!!

Please email for details, and please do it today, as there is a small pre-course survey that gives you the chance to tailor the content to your specific needs. I would let folks register at the last minute, but you will get more value if you do it today at the latest.

Again, email is a much faster method than PM's.
[email protected]

http://www.petroleummentors.com/
http://www.petroleummentors.com/current-training/

Old Post 05-02-2016 04:05 PM
ExtraSlow
Third Gear

quote:

We had a very successful classroom session today, and the students are looking forward to our included two weeks of email support and follow up one-on-one sessions.

Thanks for all the support and well wishes from the Beyond.ca community. I track my website traffic and more folks from beyond checked us out in the last ten days than from any other single source.

As I'm not a paid sponsor, you may not be hearing much more about our company, so if you would like to keep in the loop, follow the company on LinkedIn.

Thanks to all and best wishes.

Old Post 05-06-2016 04:51 AM
ExtraSlow
Third Gear

quote:

We're working on two courses for this spring. Pretty pumped.

- A two day well integrity workshop, covering cementing techniques for improved long term integrity, wellbore evaluation methods, and remediation and abandonment.

- Two-day Operations Geology course for geologists and engineers.
" Geologists and Engineers! Gain a deep insight into Operations Geology, the art and science of delivering a wellbore that meets the needs of your asset team, and won't cause your drillers to tear their hair out. Petroleum Mentors is presenting a two-day course covering wellsite geology, coring, geosteering and logging. Suitable for both Geoscientists and Drilling and Completions Engineers, this course will teach the things that aren't in any textbook. "

Dates and locations for both courses coming soon. I do give beyond discounts, and there are also discounts for anyone who registers multiple people at the same time.

PM me, or track me down through the website or on LinkedIn for details.

Old Post 02-21-2017 08:56 PM
The time now is 02:28 PM (GMT) Post New Thread   
  Last Thread   Next Thread
Beyond.ca - Car Forums : Powered by vBulletin version 2.3.9 Beyond.ca - Car Forums > Lounge > Careers > Training Opportunity - Drilling and Completions for non-engineers - May 5

Show Printable Version | Email this Page | Subscribe to this Thread

Forum Rules: