Beyond.ca

Registration is free! Car Forums - Member Rides Car Forums - Find other members Car Forums - Calendar Car Forums - Frequently Asked Questions Forum Rules and Regulations Car Forums - Search Logout
Beyond.ca - Car Forums : Powered by vBulletin version 2.3.9 Beyond.ca - Car Forums > Lounge > General > Nose Creek crayfish

Author
Thread
speedog
Second Gear

What I drive:
Posts/Day: 0.66
Trader Rating: (2)
User Rating: 104%

Nose Creek crayfish quote:

Took about 60 some of these out of Nose Creek yesterday up by Stoney Trail. Supposed to be good eating and heavy metals are not an issue. Will probably cook them up tomorrow. Alberta Fishing Regulations say you can take as many as you wish as they're not regulated. I knew they were in Nose Creek but did not think they'd be there in the numbers we found.

Report this post | IP: Logged

Old Post 06-14-2016 07:53 PM
speedog is offline Click Here to See the Profile for speedog Click here to Send speedog a Private Message Find more posts by speedog Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote

spikerS
Third Gear

What I drive: 2016 F-150 3.5L Ecoboost SCrew FX4
Posts/Day: 0.96
Trader Rating: (44)
User Rating: 103%

Re: Nose Creek crayfish quote:

Originally posted by speedog

Took about 60 some of these out of Nose Creek yesterday up by Stoney Trail. Supposed to be good eating and heavy metals are not an issue. Will probably cook them up tomorrow. Alberta Fishing Regulations say you can take as many as you wish as they're not regulated. I knew they were in Nose Creek but did not think they'd be there in the numbers we found.

how were you catching them?

Originally posted by Mibz
Always a fucking awful experience seeing spikers. Extra awful when he laps me.

Old Post 06-14-2016 07:55 PM
spikerS is offline Click Here to See the Profile for spikerS Click here to Send spikerS a Private Message Visit spikerS's homepage! Find more posts by spikerS Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
speedog
Second Gear

What I drive:

Re: Re: Nose Creek crayfish quote:

Originally posted by spikerS

how were you catching them?

By hand, first one spooks you but after that you're good to go. Great activity for kids if they're not squeamish about such things.

I do know they're up in Airdrie as well - we went to he little bridge on 15th Street NE north of Country Hill Boulevard. Shallower there with the creek running through a bunch of rocks (right under the bridge) which is where they like to hide - feel around the rocks or slowly flip the rocks. Just know that these can be very quick things in the water.

The muskrat we saw up there appears to be feasting on these as well as made evident by the multiple carcasses on the shoreline at some points.

Btw, that's a toonie and a 1 gallon ice cream bucket lid for comparison in the picture above.

Old Post 06-14-2016 08:02 PM
speedog is offline Click Here to See the Profile for speedog Click here to Send speedog a Private Message Find more posts by speedog Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
cjblair
Second Gear

What I drive: Jap V8
Posts/Day: 0.53
Trader Rating: (5)
User Rating: 97%

Re: Re: Re: Nose Creek crayfish quote:

Originally posted by speedog

Btw, that's a toonie and a 1 gallon ice cream bucket lid for comparison in the picture above.

Thx. Did not know those were a toonie and a bucket lid.

Old Post 06-14-2016 08:12 PM
cjblair is offline Click Here to See the Profile for cjblair Click here to Send cjblair a Private Message Find more posts by cjblair Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
lilmira
Second Gear

What I drive: The SHBARUS
Posts/Day: 0.51
User Rating: 100%

quote:

Deep fry and eat them like chips?

You are supposed to use a banana for reference.

Old Post 06-14-2016 08:18 PM
lilmira is online now Click Here to See the Profile for lilmira Click here to Send lilmira a Private Message Find more posts by lilmira Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
speedog
Second Gear

What I drive:

quote:

Originally posted by lilmira
Deep fry and eat them like chips?

My banana was tucked away.

Old Post 06-14-2016 08:22 PM
dirtsniffer
Second Gear

What I drive: Silverado
Posts/Day: 0.63
Trader Rating: (16)
User Rating: 92%

Re: Re: Re: Re: Nose Creek crayfish quote:

Originally posted by cjblair

Thx. Did not know those were a toonie and a bucket lid.

Originally posted by ExtraSlow
This thread is great, finally we are mixing the regular hate and intolerance with some actual car talk.

Originally posted by Mar
This cannot be for real, nobody's that stupid. I think this guy is just trying to cause shit.

Old Post 06-14-2016 08:41 PM
dirtsniffer is offline Click Here to See the Profile for dirtsniffer Click here to Send dirtsniffer a Private Message Find more posts by dirtsniffer Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
NoSup4U
Neutral

What I drive:
Posts/Day: 0.03
Trader Rating: (5)
User Rating: 99%

quote:

Was just mentioning to the GF last night, how great a crawfish boil would be this weekend

I suspect the population in Nose Creek to be wiped out by tomorrow after Speedog posting

Old Post 06-14-2016 08:53 PM
NoSup4U is offline Click Here to See the Profile for NoSup4U Click here to Send NoSup4U a Private Message Find more posts by NoSup4U Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
speedog
Second Gear

What I drive:

quote:

Probably not, there were so many and they just kept coming
Pregnant females carrying live young and eggs as well.

Old Post 06-14-2016 09:56 PM
rage2

What I drive: Ricer SUV, Lexus Coupe in Mid Life Crisis Orange
Posts/Day: 1.11
Trader Rating: (25)

quote:

Originally posted by lilmira

Better reference:

Originally posted by SEANBANERJEE
I have gone above and beyond what I should rightfully have to do to protect my good name

Old Post 06-14-2016 09:59 PM
rage2 is offline Click Here to See the Profile for rage2 Click here to Send rage2 a Private Message Visit rage2's homepage! Find more posts by rage2 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
schocker
Fifth Gear

What I drive: Euro Accord Brah
Posts/Day: 1.46
Trader Rating: (1)

quote:

2fncray

Old Post 06-14-2016 10:01 PM
schocker is online now Click Here to See the Profile for schocker Click here to Send schocker a Private Message Visit schocker's homepage! Find more posts by schocker Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
taemo
Second Gear

What I drive: rally pig
Posts/Day: 0.76
Trader Rating: (17)

quote:

Nose Creek Park or Parkway?

cant wait to boil them now

Old Post 06-14-2016 10:21 PM
taemo is offline Click Here to See the Profile for taemo Click here to Send taemo a Private Message Find more posts by taemo Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
KRyn
Second Gear

What I drive:
Posts/Day: 0.43
Trader Rating: (11)
User Rating: 109%

quote:

This thread really measures up with the tallest of them.

Originally posted by lint
Who the f*ck cares what brand of protein a weak ass sissy takes? Or what exercises a weak ass sissy does?

Originally posted by slinkie
to each haters of "milk" your eating like a b!tch so ur gonna stay a b!tch. eat some cow eat some pizza eat cow in pasta cow in bread cow with cheese drink cow. look at cows there big eat them and ull be to. u are what u eat u wanna eat chicked ull stay being a chicken. u wanna eat string cheese ur gonna be a string cheese. u wanna eat fruit ur ganna be a fruit. Enjoy life.

Old Post 06-14-2016 10:22 PM
KRyn is offline Click Here to See the Profile for KRyn Click here to Send KRyn a Private Message Visit KRyn's homepage! Find more posts by KRyn Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
JRSC00LUDE
Third Gear

What I drive: S/C '00 Prelude '15 Tacoma '06 Vstar 1100
Posts/Day: 0.25
Trader Rating: (9)
User Rating: 112%

quote:

Originally posted by rage2

Better reference:

Is that towel bar installed at standard height?

Originally posted by SJW
Once again another useless post by JRSCOOLDUDE.

Originally posted by snowcat
Don't let the e-thugs and faggots get to you when they quote your posts and write stupid shit.

Old Post 06-14-2016 10:46 PM
JRSC00LUDE is offline Click Here to See the Profile for JRSC00LUDE Click here to Send JRSC00LUDE a Private Message Find more posts by JRSC00LUDE Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
01RedDX
Third Gear

What I drive:
Posts/Day: 0.58
Trader Rating: (22)

quote:

Is that 5 pesos and a frisbee?

Old Post 06-14-2016 10:56 PM
01RedDX is offline Click Here to See the Profile for 01RedDX Click here to Send 01RedDX a Private Message Find more posts by 01RedDX Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Disoblige
Third Gear

What I drive: '90 Z32, '03 TJ, '15 Grom
Posts/Day: 0.74
Trader Rating: (28)
User Rating: 110%

quote:

Better reference:

click for larger version
» Click image for larger version

didn't think they were that small, not worth going anymore.

Old Post 06-14-2016 10:59 PM
Disoblige is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Disoblige Click here to Send Disoblige a Private Message Find more posts by Disoblige Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
spikerS
Third Gear

What I drive: 2016 F-150 3.5L Ecoboost SCrew FX4
Posts/Day: 0.96
User Rating: 103%

quote:

Here is a serious question though.

would any of you actually eat these though, no sarcasm. I mean, they are not native to the area, to these waters, would the "quality" I guess be there?

Originally posted by Mibz
Always a fucking awful experience seeing spikers. Extra awful when he laps me.

Old Post 06-14-2016 11:08 PM
spikerS is offline Click Here to See the Profile for spikerS Click here to Send spikerS a Private Message Visit spikerS's homepage! Find more posts by spikerS Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
AndyL
Second Gear

What I drive: 4x4
Posts/Day: 0.48
Trader Rating: (9)

quote:

http://www.outdoorsmenforum.ca/arch...p/t-129312.html

Yeah it's really polluted... you'd have to be crazy to eat anything out of there...

Old Post 06-14-2016 11:16 PM
AndyL is online now Click Here to See the Profile for AndyL Click here to Send AndyL a Private Message Find more posts by AndyL Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
95EG6P
First Gear

What I drive: K20A2
Posts/Day: 0.24
Trader Rating: (48)
User Rating: 91%

quote:

my friend took me outside calgary to go fish for them as well
how we fish for them was tie a chicken drumstick on a rope and fling it out. then you pull it up and we shake them and they fall off and continuethe process. we make a cajan broil was not bad cought about a 100 but not much meat o those suckers

Old Post 06-14-2016 11:42 PM
95EG6P is offline Click Here to See the Profile for 95EG6P Click here to Send 95EG6P a Private Message Visit 95EG6P's homepage! Find more posts by 95EG6P Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
msommers
Fourth Gear

What I drive: 10' 4Runner SR5
Posts/Day: 1.39
User Rating: 98%

quote:

Better reference:

click for larger version
» Click image for larger version

Holy fuck

Old Post 06-15-2016 12:12 AM
msommers is offline Click Here to See the Profile for msommers Click here to Send msommers a Private Message Find more posts by msommers Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
The time now is 09:24 PM (GMT) Post New Thread   

Last Thread   Next Thread
Beyond.ca - Car Forums : Powered by vBulletin version 2.3.9 Beyond.ca - Car Forums > Lounge > General > Nose Creek crayfish

Show Printable Version | Email this Page | Subscribe to this Thread

Forum Rules: