Beyond.ca

Registration is free! Car Forums - Member Rides Car Forums - Find other members Car Forums - Calendar Car Forums - Frequently Asked Questions Forum Rules and Regulations Car Forums - Search Logout
Beyond.ca - Car Forums : Powered by vBulletin version 2.3.9 Beyond.ca - Car Forums > Lounge > General > Acquired collection of old possessions. Would there be interest on beyond?

Author
Thread
speedog
Second Gear

What I drive:
Posts/Day: 0.66
Trader Rating: (2)
User Rating: 104%

Acquired collection of old possessions. Would there be interest on beyond? quote:

So I'll start off with the back story, a very close relative of mine unexpectedly passed away in the past month. I'm the only relative in Calgary where they lived since 1977 and this person has, let's say, accumulated a lot of stuff over the past 40 or so years.

Much of it will be donated if it is donation worthy, some stuff will be kept by family but there will be other stuff that is sale-able but no one really wants to take the time to eBay or kijiji the stuff - we will spend months going through everything.

As for stuff that beyond members might be interested in - stuff like old oscilloscopes and other old electronic test gear, old tools, old microscopes and who knows what. Every day that we are over there, it seems we unearth something unique - stuff like what appears to be a 1956 Studebaker in the garage but that we currently can't get to to confirm exactly what year and make of Studebaker it is. Wine and beer making stuff, a zillion electronic parts and gizmos. Multiple old computers and other interesting data devices. A small wine fridge, some older radio scanners, an electric bicycle and the list just can go on and on and on. Angle iron and probably more iron - the garage appears to have a lot of metal lying about in it.

As far as an estate sale, we can't be bothered - just going through all of the stuff is going to be exhausting enough. But if there is interest, I might post some stuff up here to see if there would be any takers. Thoughts?

edit: There will be no beyond meet. Ever. Period.

There won't be any beyond meet out of respect for this relative - some relatives are still having an issue with possibly selling stuff to outsiders, the main issue being coordinating it. If stuff does go to outsiders, it will be on timelines and terms that fit into my schedule and no shows will get no second chance - we will probably not have everything checked out until late 2016 if not the new year. I will, however, continue to post some oddities in here that probably won't interest any relatives. I also have to appease my wife so as to our home not becoming a storage area/repository for too much stuff - y'all can understand, eh.

Last edited by speedog on 07-23-2016 at 03:52 PM

Report this post | IP: Logged

Old Post 07-20-2016 06:19 AM
speedog is offline Click Here to See the Profile for speedog Click here to Send speedog a Private Message Find more posts by speedog Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote

roll_over
First Gear

What I drive: Can't driver because I'm legally blind
Posts/Day: 0.21
Trader Rating: (5)
User Rating: 101%

quote:

Dibs this sounds interesting.

Old Post 07-20-2016 06:21 AM
roll_over is offline Click Here to See the Profile for roll_over Click here to Send roll_over a Private Message Find more posts by roll_over Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
vengie
First Gear

What I drive: OM642
Posts/Day: 0.28
Trader Rating: (10)
User Rating: 93%

quote:

definitely interested in seeing some stuff!

Old Post 07-20-2016 06:39 AM
vengie is offline Click Here to See the Profile for vengie Click here to Send vengie a Private Message Find more posts by vengie Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
speedog
Second Gear

What I drive:

quote:

The rocket shell thing-a-ma-jiggie that is now in my daughter's possession - that came out of my relative's home.

click for larger version
» Click image for larger version

Old Post 07-20-2016 06:46 AM
speedog is offline Click Here to See the Profile for speedog Click here to Send speedog a Private Message Find more posts by speedog Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
nismodrifter

What I drive: Cars
Posts/Day: 0.88
Trader Rating: (11)
User Rating: 114%

quote:

^was that in the paper recently? think I saw a story talking about it

Old Post 07-20-2016 07:01 AM
nismodrifter is offline Click Here to See the Profile for nismodrifter Click here to Send nismodrifter a Private Message Find more posts by nismodrifter Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
speedog
Second Gear

What I drive:

quote:

Originally posted by nismodrifter
^was that in the paper recently? think I saw a story talking about it

Don't think so or at least not the one we have.

Old Post 07-20-2016 07:51 AM
Dalking
First Gear

What I drive:
Posts/Day: 0.22
Trader Rating: (3)
User Rating: 94%

quote:

I would be interested in computer stuff Tom. Shoot me a text sometime.

Old Post 07-20-2016 08:26 AM
Dalking is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Dalking Click here to Send Dalking a Private Message Find more posts by Dalking Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
speedog
Second Gear

What I drive:

quote:

Originally posted by Dalking
I would be interested in computer stuff Tom. Shoot me a text sometime.

It's mostly older stuff. Not sure who Tom is.

Old Post 07-20-2016 12:40 PM
FraserB
Third Gear

What I drive: GMT900
Posts/Day: 0.88
Trader Rating: (12)
User Rating: 98%

quote:

Interested for sure.

Old Post 07-20-2016 01:05 PM
FraserB is offline Click Here to See the Profile for FraserB Click here to Send FraserB a Private Message Find more posts by FraserB Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
speedog
Second Gear

What I drive:

quote:

Huge ass drill press in the garage, not new but probably stands 6 feet tall. I like it but to be honest, it is really too big for any need I might have of a drill press. Other family members might be interested but I suspect not as it is large and fairly heavy. Bolts, nuts, washers, etc - jars and containers of these abound. Some sort of welder.

Old Post 07-20-2016 01:29 PM
flipstah
The Gimp

What I drive: exploded.
Posts/Day: 1.96
Trader Rating: (13)
User Rating: 102%

quote:

I'll take some. Please PM me if there's something going on.

I love quirky things haha

Old Post 07-20-2016 01:58 PM
flipstah is offline Click Here to See the Profile for flipstah Click here to Send flipstah a Private Message Visit flipstah's homepage! Find more posts by flipstah Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
speedog
Second Gear

What I drive:

quote:

Electric can opener. A roll of colored toilet paper from the 70's that has a darker floral print on it.

Old Post 07-20-2016 02:22 PM
G-ZUS
Fourth Gear

What I drive: Blue boy
Posts/Day: 1.22
Trader Rating: (124)
User Rating: 103%

quote:

Any hand tools?

Old Post 07-20-2016 02:57 PM
G-ZUS is offline Click Here to See the Profile for G-ZUS Click here to Send G-ZUS a Private Message Find more posts by G-ZUS Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
A790
PC Principal

What I drive: A future rustbucket.
Posts/Day: 1.31
Trader Rating: (68)

quote:

Any watches, clocks, pocket watches?

Internet Marketing Solutions for Small Businesses & Niche Content Websites.

No contracts, just results. Websites, SEO, PPC, Content Creation. SEO & Marketing Solutions by SimplifiedSEO.com

Old Post 07-20-2016 03:04 PM
A790 is offline Click Here to See the Profile for A790 Click here to Send A790 a Private Message Find more posts by A790 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
revelations
Third Gear

What I drive: 2g Eclipse / EP3
Posts/Day: 0.99
Trader Rating: (5)
User Rating: 98%

quote:

On Beyond you have quite a range of people who know certain areas of industry and art.

Tools and computer/electronics would be my interest for sure.

Old Post 07-20-2016 03:46 PM
revelations is offline Click Here to See the Profile for revelations Click here to Send revelations a Private Message Find more posts by revelations Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
spikerS
Third Gear

What I drive: 2016 F-150 3.5L Ecoboost SCrew FX4
Posts/Day: 0.97
Trader Rating: (44)

quote:

I would be interested in a radio scanner

Originally posted by Mibz
Always a fucking awful experience seeing spikers. Extra awful when he laps me.

Old Post 07-20-2016 03:56 PM
spikerS is offline Click Here to See the Profile for spikerS Click here to Send spikerS a Private Message Visit spikerS's homepage! Find more posts by spikerS Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
D'z Nutz
Super Moderator

What I drive: Southerners out of the North
Posts/Day: 0.99
Trader Rating: (122)
User Rating: 111%

quote:

I want to hear more about the Studebaker! Not that I'd buy it, but I hope someone does.

Old Post 07-20-2016 03:59 PM
D'z Nutz is offline Click Here to See the Profile for D'z Nutz Click here to Send D'z Nutz a Private Message Visit D'z Nutz's homepage! Find more posts by D'z Nutz Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
timdog

What I drive:
Posts/Day: 0.02
Trader Rating: (0)
User Rating: 100%

quote:

any old instruments? like a crappy old guitar or something like that? i love me that stuff

Old Post 07-20-2016 04:23 PM
timdog is offline Click Here to See the Profile for timdog Click here to Send timdog a Private Message Find more posts by timdog Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
tirebob
Forum Sponsor

What I drive:
Posts/Day: 0.39
Trader Rating: (33)
User Rating: 100%

quote:

I collect and use old tools, especially woodworking related. Also pocket knives (fixed blades too for that matter) and oddly, vintage and antique decks of playing cards focusing on Bicycle brand, pin ups etc but also some advertising and travel types. If you have anything like that let me know man and I will check it out!

Oh... I am in the market for a drill press. Let me know!

Old Post 07-20-2016 04:29 PM
tirebob is offline Click Here to See the Profile for tirebob Click here to Send tirebob a Private Message Find more posts by tirebob Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
HiTempguy1
Second Gear

What I drive: 1995 WRX STi
Posts/Day: 0.28
Trader Rating: (1)
User Rating: 95%

quote:

Let me know about the drill press, and what money you want for it. I'll pick it up this weekend!

I'll also take any scrap metal and ALL the nuts and bolts. I have welding to do and scrap metal is a godsend

Old Post 07-20-2016 05:03 PM
HiTempguy1 is offline Click Here to See the Profile for HiTempguy1 Click here to Send HiTempguy1 a Private Message Find more posts by HiTempguy1 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
The time now is 08:28 PM (GMT) Post New Thread   

Last Thread   Next Thread
Beyond.ca - Car Forums : Powered by vBulletin version 2.3.9 Beyond.ca - Car Forums > Lounge > General > Acquired collection of old possessions. Would there be interest on beyond?

Show Printable Version | Email this Page | Subscribe to this Thread

Forum Rules: