Beyond.ca

Registration is free! Car Forums - Member Rides Car Forums - Find other members Car Forums - Calendar Car Forums - Frequently Asked Questions Forum Rules and Regulations Car Forums - Search Logout
Beyond.ca - Car Forums : Powered by vBulletin version 2.3.9 Beyond.ca - Car Forums > Lounge > Sports, Health & Fitness > 2016/2017 Ski and Snowboard Thread

Author
Thread
Dave P
Second Gear

What I drive:
Posts/Day: 0.27
Trader Rating: (9)
User Rating: 96%

2016/2017 Ski and Snowboard Thread quote:

New Movie Trailers have started to come out.

Can we discuss upcoming season yet? haha

Report this post | IP: Logged

Old Post 08-02-2016 04:46 PM
Dave P is online now Click Here to See the Profile for Dave P Click here to Send Dave P a Private Message Find more posts by Dave P Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote

SOAB
First Gear

What I drive:
Posts/Day: 0.17
User Rating: 100%

quote:

my family bought the cheap Nakiska family pass for this upcoming season. hopefully get some good use out of it this winter. not the greatest hill but for a 5 and 6 year old, its good enough.

Old Post 08-02-2016 05:34 PM
SOAB is online now Click Here to See the Profile for SOAB Click here to Send SOAB a Private Message Find more posts by SOAB Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
03ozwhip
Fourth Gear

What I drive: changes every year
Posts/Day: 0.99
Trader Rating: (29)
User Rating: 90%

quote:

Originally posted by SOAB
my family bought the cheap Nakiska family pass for this upcoming season. hopefully get some good use out of it this winter. not the greatest hill but for a 5 and 6 year old, its good enough.

I think I'm gonna try it. for 700 you can't go wrong.

Old Post 08-02-2016 08:54 PM
03ozwhip is offline Click Here to See the Profile for 03ozwhip Click here to Send 03ozwhip a Private Message Find more posts by 03ozwhip Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
ExtraSlow
Third Gear

What I drive: 2010 Recession Fighter LX
Posts/Day: 1.11
Trader Rating: (27)
User Rating: 101%

quote:

If you can get out mostly midweek, the Norquay 90 pass is an amazing deal, and a much better mountain than Nakiska.

Originally posted by R154
Let me break this down for you since clearly you wear a helmet full time.

I basically am calling you an idiot altogether. I am no longer attempting to show you a reasoned argument, I'm attempting to be entertaining at your expense.

Old Post 08-02-2016 09:09 PM
ExtraSlow is offline Click Here to See the Profile for ExtraSlow Click here to Send ExtraSlow a Private Message Find more posts by ExtraSlow Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
SOAB
First Gear

What I drive:
Posts/Day: 0.17

quote:

Originally posted by ExtraSlow
If you can get out mostly midweek, the Norquay 90 pass is an amazing deal, and a much better mountain than Nakiska.

yeah, no midweek for this guy.

problem with Norquay is that it is farther, and you have to buy a park pass.

we bought the family pass for $599. if we go 4 times, it will have paid for itself. my wife is very happy that we can just head out there for a 3-4 hours, have some fun and leave without feeling like we needed to get our full day in.

Old Post 08-02-2016 09:15 PM
SOAB is online now Click Here to See the Profile for SOAB Click here to Send SOAB a Private Message Find more posts by SOAB Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
ExtraSlow
Third Gear

What I drive: 2010 Recession Fighter LX
Posts/Day: 1.11
Trader Rating: (27)
User Rating: 101%

quote:

Yeah, a pass can take the stress off the day. 100% agree.

For the extra 20 minutes distance, I'd do Nakiska, but that's just me.

Originally posted by R154
Let me break this down for you since clearly you wear a helmet full time.

I basically am calling you an idiot altogether. I am no longer attempting to show you a reasoned argument, I'm attempting to be entertaining at your expense.

Old Post 08-02-2016 09:22 PM
ExtraSlow is offline Click Here to See the Profile for ExtraSlow Click here to Send ExtraSlow a Private Message Find more posts by ExtraSlow Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Dave P
Second Gear

What I drive:

quote:

$$$$: http://www.cbc.ca/news/business/whi...sorts-1.3711427

Old Post 08-08-2016 06:40 PM
Dave P is online now Click Here to See the Profile for Dave P Click here to Send Dave P a Private Message Find more posts by Dave P Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
mazdavirgin
Neutral

What I drive:
Posts/Day: 0.05
Trader Rating: (0)

quote:

Originally posted by Dave P
$$$$: http://www.cbc.ca/news/business/whi...sorts-1.3711427

Hopefully doesn't end up like the disastrous RCR takeovers in recent memory. Would be a shame to have them do something stupid like shut down the whistler park as per RCR's seemingly insane protocol. That or start charging an extra fee per day to use the park.

Old Post 08-11-2016 03:12 PM
mazdavirgin is offline Click Here to See the Profile for mazdavirgin Click here to Send mazdavirgin a Private Message Find more posts by mazdavirgin Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Dave P
Second Gear

What I drive:

quote:

Old Post 08-16-2016 02:30 PM
Dave P
Second Gear

What I drive:

quote:

Old Post 08-16-2016 03:14 PM
cam_wmh
First Gear

What I drive: VW R32 Turbo
Posts/Day: 0.13
Trader Rating: (6)

quote:

Originally posted by mazdavirgin

Hopefully doesn't end up like the disastrous RCR takeovers in recent memory. Would be a shame to have them do something stupid like shut down the whistler park as per RCR's seemingly insane protocol. That or start charging an extra fee per day to use the park.

Sounds like they're going to add W/B to their EPIC Pass, for the 17/18 season. Which is exactly that for the current advertised value.

I imagine they'll put quite the pricing lift on it, when they add W/B though.

Originally posted by sputnik
Cell providers are the next Blockbuster video stores.

Old Post 08-16-2016 03:27 PM
cam_wmh is offline Click Here to See the Profile for cam_wmh Click here to Send cam_wmh a Private Message Find more posts by cam_wmh Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Twin_Cam_Turbo
Fourth Gear

What I drive: K20 EK, $1 Integra GSR
Posts/Day: 1.92
Trader Rating: (8)

quote:

I'm hoping to get out most weekends this season. I don't think I skiied more than 10 days last year due to the conditions and lack of friends who wanted to go out.

Old Post 08-16-2016 03:51 PM
Twin_Cam_Turbo is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Twin_Cam_Turbo Click here to Send Twin_Cam_Turbo a Private Message Find more posts by Twin_Cam_Turbo Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Redlyne_mr2
Chatroom Manwhore

What I drive: 400whp MR2 - An Italian and a couple of Germans
Posts/Day: 2.06
Trader Rating: (26)

quote:

Vail is terrible and Whistler is/was getting there. I love the terrain but hate the village and the lineups.

Looking for a new VW? How about a used vehicle? We are Central Albertas #1 source for pre-owned vehicles
I will beat any deal on a new VW for beyonders

Gary Moe Volkswagen/Gary Moe Used Car Superstore!

Red Deer, AB

Old Post 08-16-2016 04:31 PM
Redlyne_mr2 is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Redlyne_mr2 Click here to Send Redlyne_mr2 a Private Message Find more posts by Redlyne_mr2 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
asp integra
Second Gear

What I drive: A4 Avant 6MT
Posts/Day: 0.29
Trader Rating: (10)
User Rating: 93%

quote:

Why must we start this thread so early!!!! haha now the stoke is just gonna pile on more and more.

I can't wait for the season to start, almanac and weather predictions are saying it will be a cool and wet winter, heres hoping!

current ski quiver:
park, all mtn 181 ON3P Kartel 98
park,all mtn: 181 Armada AR7
big mtn, pow: 185 Armada JJ

Old Post 08-16-2016 05:02 PM
asp integra is offline Click Here to See the Profile for asp integra Click here to Send asp integra a Private Message Find more posts by asp integra Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
googe
Banned

What I drive:
Posts/Day: 0.39
Trader Rating: (7)
User Rating: 97%

quote:

Whistler is fucked for sure now. It already had unbearable lines and was expensive, but expect Vail Resorts to double the lift ticket price within a few years. They do this everywhere.

Adding it to the Epic Pass offers little benefit to Canadians, but it will mean a huge influx of bros from Colorado, Tahoe, and Utah, who can now go there for free as much as they want.

Old Post 08-17-2016 05:53 AM
googe is offline Click Here to See the Profile for googe Click here to Send googe a Private Message Find more posts by googe Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
mazdavirgin
Neutral

What I drive:
Posts/Day: 0.05
Trader Rating: (0)

quote:

Source sale this Friday apparently.

http://www.sourceboards.com/warehouse-sale

Old Post 08-17-2016 06:09 PM
mazdavirgin is offline Click Here to See the Profile for mazdavirgin Click here to Send mazdavirgin a Private Message Find more posts by mazdavirgin Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
flipstah
The Gimp

What I drive: exploded.
Posts/Day: 1.98
Trader Rating: (13)
User Rating: 102%

quote:

Anyone go to the Warehouse Sale? Probably picked clean by now.

Old Post 08-22-2016 04:37 PM
flipstah is offline Click Here to See the Profile for flipstah Click here to Send flipstah a Private Message Visit flipstah's homepage! Find more posts by flipstah Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
jacky4566
First Gear

What I drive: is broken
Posts/Day: 0.21
User Rating: 95%

quote:

I went and spent wayyy to much. Good deals to be had.

But the Ninja suit i bought was ripped so i hope they can replace it.

Old Post 08-22-2016 04:50 PM
jacky4566 is offline Click Here to See the Profile for jacky4566 Click here to Send jacky4566 a Private Message Find more posts by jacky4566 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Dave P
Second Gear

What I drive:

quote:

Sunshine Today

Attachment: sunshine.png

Old Post 08-22-2016 09:47 PM
jacky4566
First Gear

What I drive: is broken
Posts/Day: 0.21
User Rating: 95%

quote:

Valle Nevado today:
click for larger version
» Click image for larger version

Old Post 08-22-2016 09:58 PM
jacky4566 is offline Click Here to See the Profile for jacky4566 Click here to Send jacky4566 a Private Message Find more posts by jacky4566 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
The time now is 02:49 PM (GMT) Post New Thread   

Last Thread   Next Thread
Beyond.ca - Car Forums : Powered by vBulletin version 2.3.9 Beyond.ca - Car Forums > Lounge > Sports, Health & Fitness > 2016/2017 Ski and Snowboard Thread

Show Printable Version | Email this Page | Subscribe to this Thread

Forum Rules: