Beyond.ca

Registration is free! Car Forums - Member Rides Car Forums - Find other members Car Forums - Calendar Car Forums - Frequently Asked Questions Forum Rules and Regulations Car Forums - Search Logout
Beyond.ca - Car Forums : Powered by vBulletin version 2.3.9 Beyond.ca - Car Forums > Lounge > Entertainment > Logan

Author
Thread
89coupe
Third Gear

What I drive: BMW 750i M Sport
Posts/Day: 0.49
Trader Rating: (1)
User Rating: 98%

Logan Trailer quote:

Last edited by 89coupe on 10-20-2016 at 06:56 PM

Report this post | IP: Logged

Old Post 10-20-2016 06:53 PM
89coupe is offline Click Here to See the Profile for 89coupe Click here to Send 89coupe a Private Message Visit 89coupe's homepage! Find more posts by 89coupe Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote

max_boost
Beyond Bully

What I drive: nothing special :(
Posts/Day: 1.80
Trader Rating: (31)
User Rating: 123%

quote:

where does this fit in the timeline? bro looks so old

Old Post 10-20-2016 07:10 PM
max_boost is offline Click Here to See the Profile for max_boost Click here to Send max_boost a Private Message Find more posts by max_boost Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Xtrema
Sixth Gear

What I drive: 2016 MB C450
Posts/Day: 1.55
Trader Rating: (4)
User Rating: 95%

quote:

Johnny Cash, fit quite well.

Originally posted by max_boost
where does this fit in the timeline? bro looks so old

Another branch I assume. Not Days of future past/Bryan Singer one.

I'm ok with this, not everything need to be in a cinematic universe.

Old Post 10-20-2016 07:12 PM
Xtrema is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Xtrema Click here to Send Xtrema a Private Message Find more posts by Xtrema Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
rx7boi
Neutral

What I drive: (0^oo^0)~
Posts/Day: 0.07
Trader Rating: (6)
User Rating: 99%

quote:

Not gonna lie, trailer makes it looks pretty terrible so far.

But I agree with Xtrema. Not everything has to follow the cinematic universe or even the comics but I just couldn't get over how they have it relatively modern with all them fancy trucks and henchmen.

Old Man Logan is set in more of a Mad Max kind of future IMO.

The final scene looks like they buried Prof X.

Old Post 10-20-2016 09:37 PM
rx7boi is offline Click Here to See the Profile for rx7boi Click here to Send rx7boi a Private Message Find more posts by rx7boi Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Xtrema
Sixth Gear

quote:

Originally posted by rx7boi
I just couldn't get over how they have it relatively modern with all them fancy trucks and henchmen.

The last time Wolverine came back from Japan is 2013 and last time we saw Prof-X (Stewart not McAvoy) is 2006. (Not counting the rebooted X-men which is totally a different timeline).

Then this could be the future from that timeline where all badies drives RAM trucks.

Old Post 10-20-2016 11:06 PM
Xtrema is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Xtrema Click here to Send Xtrema a Private Message Find more posts by Xtrema Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
rx7boi
Neutral

What I drive: (0^oo^0)~
Posts/Day: 0.07
Trader Rating: (6)

quote:

Oh well, I was looking forward to hillbilly hulks hahaha

Old Post 10-21-2016 01:38 AM
rx7boi is offline Click Here to See the Profile for rx7boi Click here to Send rx7boi a Private Message Find more posts by rx7boi Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Xtrema
Sixth Gear

quote:

Ok, confirmed this is part of the reboot timeline. Set in 2024, roughly a year after the future Logan returned to in Days of Future Past.

Old Post 10-21-2016 04:46 PM
BerserkerCatSplat

What I drive: Jeep of Theseus
Posts/Day: 1.32
Trader Rating: (25)
User Rating: 100%

quote:

Nice, looks like a mashup of Old Man Logan and X-23, I'm down with that. Lack of inbred Hulks will be disappointing but understandable due to the licensing problem.

Old Post 10-21-2016 08:07 PM
BerserkerCatSplat is offline Click Here to See the Profile for BerserkerCatSplat Click here to Send BerserkerCatSplat a Private Message Visit BerserkerCatSplat's homepage! Find more posts by BerserkerCatSplat Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
jacky4566
First Gear

What I drive: is broken
Posts/Day: 0.21
Trader Rating: (7)

quote:

Originally posted by BerserkerCatSplat
Nice, looks like a mashup of Old Man Logan and X-23, I'm down with that. Lack of inbred Hulks will be disappointing but understandable due to the licensing problem.

I don't expect too much from the Old Man Logan stuff. Its quite NSFW.

If they dont put a CGI monster in the 3rd act ill be happy. Should be a good send off for Hugh.

Old Post 10-21-2016 08:19 PM
jacky4566 is offline Click Here to See the Profile for jacky4566 Click here to Send jacky4566 a Private Message Find more posts by jacky4566 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
BerserkerCatSplat

What I drive: Jeep of Theseus
Posts/Day: 1.32
Trader Rating: (25)

quote:

Originally posted by jacky4566

I don't expect too much from the Old Man Logan stuff. Its quite NSFW.

If they dont put a CGI monster in the 3rd act ill be happy. Should be a good send off for Hugh.

Yeah true, although Logan is getting an R rating. The director tweeted a page from the screenplay that included this aside:

Now might be a good time to talk about the ‘fights’ described in the next 100 or so pages. Basically, if you’re on the make for a hyper choreographed, gravity defying, city-block destroying CG fuckathon, this aint your movie.

In this flick, people will get hurt or killed when shit falls on them. They will get just as hurt or just as killed if they get hit with something big and heavy like, say, a car. Should anyone in our story have the misfortune to fall off a roof or out a window, they won’t bounce. They will die.

So I'm cautiously optimistic.

Old Post 10-21-2016 10:09 PM
BerserkerCatSplat is offline Click Here to See the Profile for BerserkerCatSplat Click here to Send BerserkerCatSplat a Private Message Visit BerserkerCatSplat's homepage! Find more posts by BerserkerCatSplat Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
89coupe
Third Gear

quote:

Latest trailer

https://www.youtube.com/shared?ci=9ua6E8eUP5I

Last edited by 89coupe on 01-20-2017 at 02:25 AM

Old Post 01-20-2017 02:18 AM
89coupe is offline Click Here to See the Profile for 89coupe Click here to Send 89coupe a Private Message Visit 89coupe's homepage! Find more posts by 89coupe Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
firebane
Second Gear

What I drive:
Posts/Day: 0.57
User Rating: 94%

quote:

Originally posted by 89coupe
Latest trailer

https://www.youtube.com/shared?ci=9ua6E8eUP5I

ermagherd so excited

Old Post 01-20-2017 02:29 AM
firebane is online now Click Here to See the Profile for firebane Click here to Send firebane a Private Message Find more posts by firebane Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
benyl
Hayan Namja

What I drive: One from Affalterbach and Dearborn
Posts/Day: 1.64
Trader Rating: (22)
User Rating: 250%

quote:

interesting that the word fuck is used twice in a public trailer let alone in the movie. I keep forgetting that X-men isn't part of Disney.

Old Post 01-20-2017 04:05 AM
benyl is offline Click Here to See the Profile for benyl Click here to Send benyl a Private Message Find more posts by benyl Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Xtrema
Sixth Gear

quote:

Originally posted by benyl
interesting that the word fuck is used twice in a public trailer let alone in the movie. I keep forgetting that X-men isn't part of Disney.

All thanks to Deadpool, excited

Old Post 01-20-2017 04:26 AM
89coupe
Third Gear

quote:

Originally posted by benyl

The movie is Rated R

And that is the redband trailer.

Old Post 01-20-2017 04:38 AM
Ca_Silvia13
First Gear

What I drive: '73 Buick, '88 Silvia, '03 Ruckus, '17 Ram
Posts/Day: 0.12
User Rating: 96%

quote:

Originally posted by 89coupe

The movie is Rated R

And that is the redband trailer.

I heard that the studio was adamant that this movie was going to be rated R for the last wolverine movie.

Old Post 01-20-2017 05:17 PM
Ca_Silvia13 is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Ca_Silvia13 Click here to Send Ca_Silvia13 a Private Message Find more posts by Ca_Silvia13 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
beecue
Third Gear

What I drive:
Posts/Day: 0.59
Trader Rating: (33)

quote:

Well that's probably my favourite Fox Marvel movie to date. Definitely a must see.

Spoiler:

How does Prof X kill the rest of the mutants? Seizure?

Old Post 03-04-2017 05:43 AM
beecue is offline Click Here to See the Profile for beecue Click here to Send beecue a Private Message Find more posts by beecue Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
drtoohotty1
First Gear

What I drive: 03 CBR F4i, 04 ralliart, 01 tracker 12 outlander
Posts/Day: 0.19
Trader Rating: (22)

quote:

Originally posted by beecue
Well that's probably my favourite Fox Marvel movie to date. Definitely a must see.

Spoiler:
How does Prof X kill the rest of the mutants? Seizure?

Spoiler:

My best guess is he lost control due to his degenerative neurological issue and had a repeat of what he did in the first xmen movie where he managed to paralyze all the muntants but this time much worse as no one was there to stop him

Originally posted by Unknown303
Everything makes me upset.

Originally posted by Mibz
Nonsense. You've all got slanty eyes, play Starcraft, speak Chinese and eat nothing but sushi and ginger beef.

DON'T TRY AND CONVINCE ME OTHERWISE

Old Post 03-04-2017 03:55 PM
drtoohotty1 is offline Click Here to See the Profile for drtoohotty1 Click here to Send drtoohotty1 a Private Message Find more posts by drtoohotty1 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
CompletelyNumb
First Gear

What I drive: Ford F150
Posts/Day: 0.17

quote:

So damn awesome. Wolverine was meant to be R rated.

Old Post 03-04-2017 05:17 PM
CompletelyNumb is offline Click Here to See the Profile for CompletelyNumb Click here to Send CompletelyNumb a Private Message Find more posts by CompletelyNumb Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Inzane
Second Gear

What I drive:
Posts/Day: 0.23
Trader Rating: (0)

quote:

Are you missing anything important if you haven't watched the last one ("The Wolverine") before you see this one?

Old Post 03-04-2017 08:02 PM
Inzane is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Inzane Click here to Send Inzane a Private Message Find more posts by Inzane Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
The time now is 02:33 PM (GMT) Post New Thread   

Last Thread   Next Thread
Beyond.ca - Car Forums : Powered by vBulletin version 2.3.9 Beyond.ca - Car Forums > Lounge > Entertainment > Logan

Show Printable Version | Email this Page | Subscribe to this Thread

Forum Rules: